Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: script.extendedinfo
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2014-11-24, 17:25)Hitcher Wrote: [ -> ]I thought the first one might be a bit too ambitious so I'll have a play around with the other one. At least I can display the icon, actor and role using the standard list (50) and I'll see if I can use an onfocus button to display the ActorInfo.

Thanks.

Please don´t hammer the API by putting RunScript() stuff in some often-called <onfocus> tag. It´s not worth it.
Good point, thanks.
(2014-11-24, 16:58)Hitcher Wrote: [ -> ]Image

Many thanks.

how about you populate the movie list just for the selected actor?

like keep the vertical list of actors on a fixed list
and open the list of movies for the selected one only (and the bio)

than you can do one of your very cool animation to push the movie list back to the left if selected...

just my 25c.

(I also believe that you could eaily populate the movie list with a node just like you can do for movies in a set, without the need for a script) -edit : maybe not Sad
(2014-11-26, 11:58)fastcolors Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-11-24, 16:58)Hitcher Wrote: [ -> ]Image

Many thanks.

how about you populate the movie list just for the selected actor?

than you can do one of your very cool animation to push the movie list back to the left if selected...

just my 25c.

(I also believe that you could eaily populate the movie list with a node just like you can do for movies in a set, without the need for a script) -edit : maybe not Sad

would still require one API call for every actor. not worth it.
(2014-11-26, 14:57)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-11-26, 11:58)fastcolors Wrote: [ -> ]how about you populate the movie list just for the selected actor?

just my 25c.

that's true if you want to pull a list of movies NOT in your library, but If you want to just populate with stuff you have something like this is what I had in mind:

<content>$INFO[Container(%d).ListItem.ID_OF_THEACTOR,videdb://movies/actors/]</content>

i tested using static numbers for ID_OF_THEACTOR and it works.
(2014-11-26, 18:12)fastcolors Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-11-26, 14:57)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-11-26, 11:58)fastcolors Wrote: [ -> ]how about you populate the movie list just for the selected actor?

just my 25c.

that's true if you want to pull a list of movies NOT in your library, but If you want to just populate with stuff you have something like this is what I had in mind:

<content>$INFO[Container(%d).ListItem.ID_OF_THEACTOR,videdb://movies/actors/]</content>

i tested using static numbers for ID_OF_THEACTOR and it works.

true, that would work to some extent at least (no plots though then, just movie lists). Would have to use some hacky stuff with .GetDirectory() and stringcomparing actor names though because I think there is no way to get the actor ids by using JSON-RPC. Will look into it when I find the time.
On another note, replacing metadata.actors is almost done. The biggest and most important parts are already workin here 99%-ish. Also implemented some threading and image-precaching stuff.
@Hitcher: I added the actor dbid as a property (ListItem.Property(DBID)). I can only do that for my custom "script-ExtendedInfo Script-dialogvideoinfo.xml" though. I still have some work to do so that you can use that custom xml instead of DialogVideoInfo.xml. When I have it done then you will basically just put a RunScript(script.extendedinfo,info=extendedinfo,dbid=$INFO[ListItem.DBID]) in your DialogVideoInfo.xml onload tags and leave that dialog empty. You will only need to skin the script dialog then which can also be used for lot of other stuff. (I plan to add an option so that the onclick of lists generated by ExtendedInfo (--> plugin://....) will open that dialog instead of starting the movie/trailer)
Hope that´s understandable, sometimes hard to explain stuff like that in non-native language Smile
Phil, I have a discography list and an album info list. The albuminfo list is showing a tracklist using a dynamic content tag that changes depending on what album has focus in the discography list.

PHP Code:
<content>plugin://script.extendedinfo?info=albuminfo&amp;&amp;id=$INFO[Container(6013).ListItem.Property(id)]</content> 

Whenever an album gets focus and the dynamic list loads or the content changes of the tracklist, I get an error in the log...

PHP Code:
13:45:14 T:7748   ERRORInputStreamError opening,
13:45:16 T:4100   ERRORPrevious line repeats 7 times. *(This number depends how many track in the list)* 

Do you have an idea what is causing this one?.

Here is a screenshot so you get an idea of what I have going.

info=albuminfo is not something to fill lists if i remember correctly, it should be used with RunScript(). Please also don´t use script calls which call online APIs in any onfocus tag, I don´t want my API keys to get banned. Wink
(2014-11-27, 23:02)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]@Hitcher: I added the actor dbid as a property (ListItem.Property(DBID)). I can only do that for my custom "script-ExtendedInfo Script-dialogvideoinfo.xml" though. I still have some work to do so that you can use that custom xml instead of DialogVideoInfo.xml. When I have it done then you will basically just put a RunScript(script.extendedinfo,info=extendedinfo,dbid=$INFO[ListItem.DBID]) in your DialogVideoInfo.xml onload tags and leave that dialog empty. You will only need to skin the script dialog then which can also be used for lot of other stuff. (I plan to add an option so that the onclick of lists generated by ExtendedInfo (--> plugin://....) will open that dialog instead of starting the movie/trailer)
Hope that´s understandable, sometimes hard to explain stuff like that in non-native language Smile

That's great news Phil, thanks.

Look forward to testing it out.
(2014-11-28, 00:38)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]Please also don´t use script calls which call online APIs in any onfocus tag, I don´t want my API keys to get banned. Wink

Got ya. Changed it to an onclick. Wink
Hi phil, I'm trying to get Aeon Nox installed on my android but I keep getting this error. It's pretty much doing it for all categories. Any ideas?

PHP Code:
13:11:26 T:1833944096   ERROREXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - 
NOTEIGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!

Error Type: <type 'exceptions.TypeError'>

Error ContentspassDataToSkin() takes at most 6 arguments (7 given)

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.extendedinfo-master/default.py"line 495in <module>

Main()

File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.extendedinfo-master/default.py"line 41in __init__
                                                self
._StartInfoActions()

File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.extendedinfo-master/default.py"line 123in _StartInfoActions
                                                passDataToSkin
('TopRatedMovies'GetMovieDBMovies("top_rated"), self.prop_prefixself.windowself.controlself.handleself.limit)

TypeErrorpassDataToSkin() takes at most 6 arguments (7 given)
                                            -->
End of Python script error report<--
13:11:27 T:1881322832   ERROR: static bool XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory(const CURL&, CFileItemList&, const XFILE::CDirectory::CHints&, bool) - Error getting plugin://script.extendedinfo/?info=topratedmovies 
(2014-11-30, 23:21)woodside Wrote: [ -> ]Hi phil, I'm trying to get Aeon Nox installed on my android but I keep getting this error. It's pretty much doing it for all categories. Any ideas?

PHP Code:
13:11:26 T:1833944096   ERROREXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - 

File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.extendedinfo-master/default.py"line 495in <module>

Main()

File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.extendedinfo-master/default.py"line 41in __init__
                                                self
._StartInfoActions()

File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.extendedinfo-master/default.py"line 123in _StartInfoActions
                                                passDataToSkin
('TopRatedMovies'GetMovieDBMovies("top_rated"), self.prop_prefixself.windowself.controlself.handleself.limit)

-->
13:11:27 T:1881322832   ERROR: static bool XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory(const CURL&, CFileItemList&, const XFILE::CDirectory::CHints&, bool) - Error getting plugin://script.extendedinfo/?info=topratedmovies 

completely deleted the script folder and downloaded the last one from GIT?
(2014-11-30, 23:27)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-11-30, 23:21)woodside Wrote: [ -> ]Hi phil, I'm trying to get Aeon Nox installed on my android but I keep getting this error. It's pretty much doing it for all categories. Any ideas?

PHP Code:
                                             - 

Main()

self
._StartInfoActions()

passDataToSkin

-->

Well... I think there was an old version from gotham from a while back. I'll try to delete and reinstall and get back with you in a couple.
(2014-11-30, 23:32)woodside Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-11-30, 23:27)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]

PHP Code:
                                             - 

Main()

self
._StartInfoActions()

passDataToSkin

-->

Well... I think there was an old version from gotham from a while back. I'll try to delete and reinstall and get back with you in a couple.

Hmmm. the error seemed to have stopped, but the trailers screen is all out of whack it only shows "In Progress Movies"and the info doesn't work for movies (nothing happens).
TV shows seem to work okay. I'll mess around a bit and try and document what I find and get back to you with more info in a bit.