Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: script.extendedinfo
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I need some testers. Smile
I completely reworked one of the core processing parts of my script so it would be nice if people could test it a bit before i pull into master because I expect a hell shitload of functions to break.
https://github.com/phil65/script.extende...ess_rework
I know that it is annoying when stuff breaks without any real gain for you as skinners and "users" of this script, but it makes stuff for me easier to maintain and it should speed up the script a very little bit (which can be pretty important when using the script with plugin:// method)
Would be great if you could spam me with bug reports (including debug logs) by testing this branch.
Thx Smile
(2014-12-27, 04:37)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]I need some testers. Smile
I completely reworked one of the core processing parts of my script so it would be nice if people could test it a bit before i pull into master because I expect a hell shitload of functions to break.
https://github.com/phil65/script.extende...ess_rework
I know that it is annoying when stuff breaks without any real gain for you as skinners and "users" of this script, but it makes stuff for me easier to maintain and it should speed up the script a very little bit (which can be pretty important when using the script with plugin:// method)
Would be great if you could spam me with bug reports (including debug logs) by testing this branch.
Thx Smile

I just finished skinning this script. Can you give me an idea of some of the new features that were added?

Did you get these fixes?

Selecting a TV Show brings up an unnecessary dialog:

The age variable often loads as "Unavailable":

I forgot to mention that I also have issues with the wrong art (poster, etc.) loading with movie titles.

I don't have bug reports but can produce them if needed.

I have used the script quite a bit and have some feature requests/recommendations for improvement:
  • Could you add the ability to move to the next image when browsing actor thumbs and fanart fullscreen? This would be similar to a slideshow where the arrow keys allow you to move forward and back between images.
  • Reduce the number of called YouTube videos from 50 to 25 or less. Fifty is too many, leading to excessive scrolling and many slow-loading thumbs.
  • Improve the sort order of "TV Show Actor Roles." They appear not to sort by year or most recent. It almost seems random.
  • Change the "Known Movies" and "In Database" values for Directors to tabulate data from the "Movie Crew Member" category. Currently, this is information is drawn from "Movie Actor Roles," which is incorrect for Directors.
That's it. I guess I'm not done skinning.
I don´t need feature requests (I´m far from done as already said many times), I need bug reports for the stuff I mentioned, esp. from skinners using the plugin:// method.
Also, I never had wrong art and if, then it is probably caused by wrong moviedb data so I cannot do anything about that.
I tried the new development build for a bit. It only crashed on me once (and that was the first time). I saw a big performance boost. However, I observed the same bugs as before. The bug involving the incorrect movie art being loaded is captured in the Pastebin below:

Incorrect Movie Poster Bug: http://pastebin.com/00rTpY01.

I don't believe this issue has anything to do with having the incorrect movie metadata. As I was loading the same title over and over while skinning. Every now and then, the wrong art would load - only for the first two posters in the panel. Selecting the movie would lead to the error being carried over to DialogVideoInfo.

I was opening and closing Kodi every few minutes, which might have something to do with this behavior.
Then post the debug log of the crash. I won´t get into the artwork issue unless someone of the experienced guys confirms that. I never spotted wrong artwork yet.
Since you only seem to use the dialog part of ExtendedInfo: There was no performance boost for the dialog part, only for the plugin:// skin integration method.
I've found two more bugs:
  • Only one YouTube video can be played at a time. Stopping the first played video brings the users back to DialogInfo (as intended). Playing a second video causes the video to be played in the background, so the user has to close the actor dialog to view the clip (not intended).
  • Cinema Experience currently plays in the background when launched for library items.
Is it possible to launch YouTube content to a separate window? Viewing 50 video thumbs in a panel is cumbersome. If I could add a button to load the videos into a different view (e.g., icons/list view), it would make the video thumbs easier to browse. This content is interesting but difficult to access
I cannot get this to work on Nebula 1.3.0 for Gotham. This skin (http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=202712) was recently updated to support script.extendedinfo but for me, it always freezes my entire XBMC. At first I thought it might be a skin issue, but after speaking with the creator of it and been assured it is not a problem on his code, I have to think it is something with this script. Any help would be great.

Here is one attempt as shown in my log file:

Code:
01:33:03 T:2687327040   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.AttributeError'>
                                            Error Contents: 'DialogVideoInfo' object has no attribute 'name'
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/home/me/.xbmc/addons/script.extendedinfo-master/default.py", line 492, in <module>
                                                Main()
                                              File "/home/me/.xbmc/addons/script.extendedinfo-master/default.py", line 41, in __init__
                                                self._StartInfoActions()
                                              File "/home/me/.xbmc/addons/script.extendedinfo-master/default.py", line 180, in _StartInfoActions
                                                dialog = DialogVideoInfo(u'script-%s-DialogVideoInfo.xml' % addon_name, addon_path, id=self.id, dbid=self.dbid, imdbid=self.imdbid, name=self.name)
                                              File "/home/me/.xbmc/addons/script.extendedinfo-master/resources/lib/DialogVideoInfo.py", line 47, in __init__
                                                elif self.name:
                                            AttributeError: 'DialogVideoInfo' object has no attribute 'name'
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--

Here's another:

Code:
01:35:42 T:2621762368   ERROR: Exception in thread HandleTMDBMovieResult:
                                              File "/usr/lib/python2.7/threading.py", line 810, in __bootstrap_inner
                                                self.run()
                                              File "/home/me/.xbmc/addons/script.extendedinfo-master/resources/lib/TheMovieDB.py", line 972, in run
                                                self.listitems = self.function(self.param)
                                              File "/home/me/.xbmc/addons/script.extendedinfo-master/resources/lib/TheMovieDB.py", line 194, in HandleTMDBMovieResult
                                                movies = CompareWithLibrary(movies, local_first, sortkey)
                                              File "/home/me/.xbmc/addons/script.extendedinfo-master/resources/lib/Utils.py", line 449, in CompareWithLibrary
                                                for item in json_query["result"]["movies"]:
                                            KeyError: 'movies'
01:35:42 T:2845031232   ERROR: Previous line repeats 1 times.
01:35:42 T:2845031232   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.AttributeError'>
                                            Error Contents: 'Get_ListItems_Thread' object has no attribute 'listitems'
                                              File "/home/me/.xbmc/addons/script.extendedinfo-master/default.py", line 492, in <module>
                                                Main()
                                              File "/home/me/.xbmc/addons/script.extendedinfo-master/default.py", line 41, in __init__
                                                self._StartInfoActions()
                                              File "/home/me/.xbmc/addons/script.extendedinfo-master/default.py", line 184, in _StartInfoActions
                                                dialog = DialogActorInfo(u'script-%s-DialogInfo.xml' % addon_name, addon_path, id=self.id, name=self.name)
                                              File "/home/me/.xbmc/addons/script.extendedinfo-master/resources/lib/DialogActorInfo.py", line 46, in __init__
                                                self.person = GetExtendedActorInfo(self.id)
                                              File "/home/me/.xbmc/addons/script.extendedinfo-master/resources/lib/TheMovieDB.py", line 784, in GetExtendedActorInfo
                                                "movie_roles": movie_roles.listitems,
                                            AttributeError: 'Get_ListItems_Thread' object has no attribute 'listitems'
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
I need complete debug logs.
(2014-12-28, 08:21)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]I need complete debug logs.

How do I go about getting complete debug logs?
Trying out process rework version... No errors or anything so far. Only thing is
the content tag below to get artists youtubes doesn't seem to work anymore. No errors are logged
but the list doesn't fill.(getting playlists with "youtubeplaylist" still works) Confused

PHP Code:
<content>plugin://script.extendedinfo?info=youtubesearch&amp;&amp;id=$INFO[Window(Home).Property(Artist)]</content> 

[EDIT] Also a blank list if you "C" context an artist in the library and select "Search on Youtube"
(2014-12-28, 14:01)woodside Wrote: [ -> ]Trying out process rework version... No errors or anything so far. Only thing is
the content tag below to get artists youtubes doesn't seem to work anymore. No errors are logged
but the list doesn't fill.(getting playlists with "youtubeplaylist" still works) Confused

PHP Code:
<content>plugin://script.extendedinfo?info=youtubesearch&amp;&amp;id=$INFO[Window(Home).Property(Artist)]</content> 

[EDIT] Also a blank list if you "C" context an artist in the library and select "Search on Youtube"

thx, should be fixed now.
(2014-12-28, 13:04)xbmcwayist Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-12-28, 08:21)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]I need complete debug logs.

How do I go about getting complete debug logs?

debug log (wiki)

the bugs you experienced are probably already fixed in latest version though. (process_rework branch)
(2014-12-28, 17:40)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-12-28, 14:01)woodside Wrote: [ -> ]Trying out process rework version... No errors or anything so far. Only thing is

PHP Code:

Works now...thx...Is the limit of 20 on lists permanent?
(2014-12-28, 20:29)woodside Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-12-28, 17:40)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]

PHP Code:

Works now...thx...Is the limit of 20 on lists permanent?

you can´t override 20 with limit=? If not, then I will fix it. Smile
(2014-12-28, 17:40)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]you can´t override 20 with limit=? If not, then I will fix it. Smile

Ahhh...Forgot about the limit parameter... all is good.Big Grin
Will report any errors when/if any come up.