Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: script.extendedinfo
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
fair enough - I was trying out the shednox skin. Thanks for the quick reply.
There you have the reason Wink
phil,

I am trying to code a TV Show Info screen using your script and am unable to get the TV Show Logo to display. I have no issues with the Movie Logo so just wondering if this functional has been incorporated yet and if so then what is the proper call. Thanks.
I've stumbled on a problem when using the <content>plugin:// method. If the list(s) are called from a window (PlayerControls.xml in my case), the parent window/dialog is stays visible/open after you click on an item except if a video starts to play. Is it possible before all the list's onclick actions to close the parent window/dialog with some kind of "PreviousMenu" action ?.

Here is a screenshot of the problem after click on a TVShow item...

Also the opening of the infodialog as the default TVShows onclick action when the <content>plugin:// method is uded, IMHO is wrong. This forces skinner's to skin more windows in order to keep their skin consistency. Is it possible to change this to the old behaviour to a YouTube search as default and have the infodialog optional ?.

I know that is a nice future to have and many people like as much as possible more information but also there are many others that they think that "less is more", plus that skinners won't be forced to code more stuff if they don't want to.

Cheers
Nessus
(2015-01-08, 17:02)nessus Wrote: [ -> ]I've stumbled on a problem when using the <content>plugin:// method. If the list(s) are called from a window (PlayerControls.xml in my case), the parent window/dialog is stays visible/open after you click on an item except if a video starts to play. Is it possible before all the list's onclick actions to close the parent window/dialog with some kind of "PreviousMenu" action ?.
yeah, known and a bit tricky. I think Kodi does not handle python dialogs correctly (I got some weird zorder stuff several times during developing) and I don´t feel that well with using workarounds for this (for example because I also had issues with Dialog.Close(all) in the last years.) Need to have a proper look into this issue again first.
If playercontrols is the only place for now which makes problems then perhaps you could control the list with a fake button for now, that would give you the ability to close the currently active dialog when list is clicked.
(2015-01-08, 17:02)nessus Wrote: [ -> ]Also the opening of the infodialog as the default TVShows onclick action when the <content>plugin:// method is uded, IMHO is wrong. This forces skinner's to skin more windows in order to keep their skin consistency. Is it possible to change this to the old behaviour to a YouTube search as default and have the infodialog optional ?.
I know that is a nice future to have and many people like as much as possible more information but also there are many others that they think that "less is more", plus that skinners won't be forced to code more stuff if they don't want to.
I could add an option to switch to youtube search for TV, but I want to have the InfoDialog as default for both TV and movies. That probably won´t change.

EDIT: It will change once this one makes it in:
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/5229
(2015-01-08, 17:33)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]yeah, known and a bit tricky. I think Kodi does not handle python dialogs correctly (I got some weird zorder stuff several times during developing) and I don´t feel that well with using workarounds for this (for example because I also had issues with Dialog.Close(all) in the last years.) Need to have a proper look into this issue again first.
Thanks

(2015-01-08, 17:33)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]I could add an option to switch to youtube search for TV, but I want to have the InfoDialog as default for both TV and movies. That probably won´t change.
This means that if i want to use the <content> method i have to skin those windows even i don't need/like them since the users will see then and ask for them. Adding an option will not be useful since it will need user interaction if is not as default. I guess i will have to go back to properties way again Sad

EDIT: Just saw your edit. Let's hope this will make it to Helix 14.1.

Cheers
Nessus
(2015-01-08, 18:00)nessus Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-01-08, 17:33)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]yeah, known and a bit tricky. I think Kodi does not handle python dialogs correctly (I got some weird zorder stuff several times during developing) and I don´t feel that well with using workarounds for this (for example because I also had issues with Dialog.Close(all) in the last years.) Need to have a proper look into this issue again first.
Thanks

(2015-01-08, 17:33)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]I could add an option to switch to youtube search for TV, but I want to have the InfoDialog as default for both TV and movies. That probably won´t change.
This means that if i want to use the <content> method i have to skin those windows even i don't need/like them since the users will see then and ask for them. Adding an option will not be useful since it will need user interaction if is not as default. I guess i will have to go back to properties way again Sad

Cheers
Nessus

as already pointed out, you can also just use a fake button to control the list. then you can choose your own onclick.
Yes i know. That will be my last solution. Never like those kinds of hacks.

Cheers
Nessus
I've read that you're now preparing the script for the official repo. I am wondering if the issue below will be addressed?

This dialog is also found in your skin. But it serves no purpose because the first option does not do anything.

Also, Cinema Experience requires code to close the movie dialog before starting the script. It currently plays in the background.
I found one more issue of note. I was enjoying the use of the new home screen widgets available through the script when I discovered that trailers will not play correctly when accessed through the method below:

Toggle infodialog in add-on settings:

Play trailer:

The info dialog closes and then re-opens before the trailer has a chance to play.
phil,

I am getting some differences when running this script on my Mac and Windows PC. When trying to display information for the TV Show "Inside the American Mafia", the Mac throws an error that the TV Show is unavailable and could not be found at moviedb. On the PC the window loads with no error displaying the correct information. The following is the error from the logs.

08:55:18 T:140735280997120 DEBUG: ParentPath = []
08:55:18 T:4583444480 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.AttributeError'>
Error Contents: 'DialogTVShowInfo' object has no attribute 'tvshow'
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/Users/christopheramundson/Library/Application Support/Kodi/addons/script.extendedinfo-master/resources/lib/DialogTVShowInfo.py", line 82, in onInit
homewindow.setProperty("movie.ImageColor", self.tvshow["general"]["ImageColor"])
AttributeError: 'DialogTVShowInfo' object has no attribute 'tvshow'
-->End of Python script error report<--
08:55:18 T:140735280997120 DEBUG: ------ Window Deinit (DialogBusy.xml) ------
08:55:18 T:140735280997120 INFO: CheckIdle - Closing session to http://image.tmdb.org (easy=0x11e104a00, multi=0x6080001bd420)
08:55:18 T:140735280997120 INFO: CheckIdle - Closing session to http://image.tmdb.org (easy=0x10570fe00, multi=0x6100003b9520)
full debug log for both systems, please.
I have uploaded to pastebin:

Mac Log - http://pastebin.com/hrGhp0f6
PC Log - http://pastebin.com/mKPgrQZQ

Also just wanted to see if you had a chance to look at my previous post with regards to displaying a TV Show Logo on the info screen. Thanks.
found a bug. try again, please.
And no, no TV logo for now.
The TV part in general still needs some work, but first I want to get this onto official repository, so only bugfixing / translating for now, no new features.