Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: script.extendedinfo
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2015-07-17, 16:17)Audionymous Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, same problem...
And now i can wait for the official Kodi 15 release?

If you use latest ExtendedInfo master then you definitely wont get the same problem. Post a debug log.
Phil can you take a look about my request please? Thanks Wink
(2015-07-17, 17:12)tomer953 Wrote: [ -> ]Phil can you take a look about my request please? Thanks Wink

Nothing I can really fix, it´s related to the way script.skinshortcuts parses the available add-ons and the fact that I am using multiple extension points (script and plugin) which doesnt allow to guess the addon type by the addon id anymore.
(2015-07-17, 17:12)tomer953 Wrote: [ -> ]Phil can you take a look about my request please? Thanks Wink
...as a workaround you could probably save the plugin folder you want as a favourite and then add the favourite to your main menu?
(2015-07-17, 16:37)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-07-17, 16:17)Audionymous Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, same problem...
And now i can wait for the official Kodi 15 release?

If you use latest ExtendedInfo master then you definitely wont get the same problem. Post a debug log.

Ok my mistake.
Now its working. When I tested it before 2 days it did not work with the 3.0.1 version. No idea what the problem was.
thanks phil, I knew about the favourites trick, but tought you can simply (or not simply) change the addon to make it work with skin shortcuts....
But thanks a lot.
I would like to make sure I am doing this correct, so please bear with me.

I'm running 14.2 on Openelec, and after downloading and extracting the extendedinfo folder from Phil's github I'm renaming the folder to script.extetendedinfo (deleting the -master) and dropping it into Kodi>userdata>addon_data.

Is this correct?

Cheers guys.
Yes is correct, or you install the version from the official repo an overwrite the files with the new package.
Hi phil,
I am getting an extendedinfo error when using library editor to alter an MPAA field that is containing a long description ie. Rated R for violence.... etc. I am pretty sure it has to do with the autocomplete feature.

Here is my Debug Log

Thanks Smile
(2015-07-18, 10:16)richjack2003 Wrote: [ -> ]I would like to make sure I am doing this correct, so please bear with me.

I'm running 14.2 on Openelec, and after downloading and extracting the extendedinfo folder from Phil's github I'm renaming the folder to script.extetendedinfo (deleting the -master) and dropping it into Kodi>userdata>addon_data.

Is this correct?

Cheers guys.

No you unextract the directory to kodi>addons, not the userdata>addon_data area.
(2015-07-20, 09:24)mikesilvo164 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi phil,
I am getting an extendedinfo error when using library editor to alter an MPAA field that is containing a long description ie. Rated R for violence.... etc. I am pretty sure it has to do with the autocomplete feature.

Here is my Debug Log

Thanks Smile

should be fixed with https://github.com/phil65/script.extende...af22e8b328
Thx for reporting.
Thought I'd ask something simple... I am using this script with Aeon Madnox, set to use extended info with tv/movies. When I click on an actor image, I get a choice of 'show actor TV appearances' or 'show actor info'. Is there a way to bypass this and go directly to actor info? Or at least, reverse the order so actor info is the default.

Thank You very much Phil65 for working on this. I really missed this feature.
(2015-07-20, 20:09)thewarm Wrote: [ -> ]Thought I'd ask something simple... I am using this script with Aeon Madnox, set to use extended info with tv/movies. When I click on an actor image, I get a choice of 'show actor TV appearances' or 'show actor info'. Is there a way to bypass this and go directly to actor info? Or at least, reverse the order so actor info is the default.

Thank You very much Phil65 for working on this. I really missed this feature.

Changing the order sounds reasonable. Changed it now. https://github.com/phil65/script.extende...b54384bfea
Thank you.
hey Phil, i'm using the autocomplete function with my dialogkeyboard, and I had a problem with Hebrew language suggestion,
when hit one, they appear flipped, like "abc" -> "cba" (only rtl languages cause that)

Roee from the forum wrote a solution...

resources\lib\utils.py, line 164:
Code:
if result and len(result) > 1:
        for item in result[1]:
            li = {"label": item,
                  "path": "plugin://script.extendedinfo/?info=selectautocomplete&&id=%s" % item}
            listitems.append(li)
    return listitems
change to:
Code:
for item in result[1]:
        if is_hebrew(item):
                "path": "plugin://script.extendedinfo/?info=selectautocomplete&&id=%s" % item[::-1]}
            listitems.append(li)
        else:
                "path": "plugin://script.extendedinfo/?info=selectautocomplete&&id=%s" % item}
            listitems.append(li)
    return listitems

def is_hebrew(text):
    if type(text) != unicode:
        text = text.decode('utf-8')
    for chr in text:
        if ord(chr) >= 1488 and ord(chr) <= 1514:
            return True
    return False

Tested with 10 common languages and seems to be ok
Hope you don't mind to apply this little hack. many thanks!