Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Estuary MOD V2 - KODI 18 (UPDATED 17/01/19)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2017-10-28, 10:32)benrita Wrote: [ -> ]Great mod, so thank you.
Would it  be possible to show the album or movie information when a widget is selected.
Thank you again

There is already info when you press 'i' button.
Hey man are you the newly appointed Kodi Police Enforcement Officer? Yes I am talking to you the Developer of this Addon. Let's get this out right away, you are installing KN Addon Caretaker without users permission for one thing and Installing this should be voluntary and not enforced or pushed onto users.
(2017-10-28, 20:47)Mele Wrote: [ -> ]Hey man are you the newly appointed Kodi Police Enforcement Officer? 

And who are YOU exactly, the Kodi Developer Enforcement Officer  Huh
(2017-10-28, 20:47)Mele Wrote: [ -> ]Hey man are you the newly appointed Kodi Police Enforcement Officer? Yes I am talking to you the Developer of this Addon. Let's get this out right away, you are installing KN Addon Caretaker without users permission for one thing and Installing this should be voluntary and not enforced or pushed onto users.

Yes I am ! My skin install KN Addon Caretaker script like others addons (Skin Shortcuts, Skin Helper Service etc...). It's a script like any other.  And if you're not happy, it does not change anything !

Now stop messages that are useless. If this does not suit you, you are free to change to another skin.
First and foremost the Caretaker addon is not required for this skin to actually work and therefore (in my personal opinion) the function is being abused.
(2017-10-28, 17:43)Namerp Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-10-28, 12:10)joro_abv Wrote: [ -> ]I think the black list should be addons level, not repo level. 

That is not possible due the Kodi repo system that every repo could overwrite another repo. 
Even if a repo contains only one crap.addon it could overwrite every clean repo. So just blocking addon.name would be absolutely useless if someone just overwrites some "normal" script with an tracker, logger, miner or ddoser functionality (as seen in the past).

The list (that I maintain for a forum) + caretaker addon (by BJ1) was never released to "soft kill" an installation - instead just an warning/notification should be shown. Anything else is addon/skin makers choice - like always.

If someone thinks that some repo is wrongly at that list pls pm me or directly write an comment at github.
I think that you should especially create your own topic to not rot this one and that people can express themselves about this script.
1) We are not children, no need for warnings and other useless scripts.
2) No need for a script that thinks of my place and that imposes my way of thinking, even if it is only a warning, even less when it is not justified ex: Urepo.
3) It is easy to remove it from the Skin, or to modify the script or to fool it, I tested these three solutions and yet I am not an expert, but I do not have that to do!
Thank you !
(2017-10-28, 21:16)Guilouz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-10-28, 20:47)Mele Wrote: [ -> ]Hey man are you the newly appointed Kodi Police Enforcement Officer? Yes I am talking to you the Developer of this Addon. Let's get this out right away, you are installing KN Addon Caretaker without users permission for one thing and Installing this should be voluntary and not enforced or pushed onto users.

Yes I am !
Let's be clear about the fact that Mr. Guilouz is *NOT* a Team-Kodi member. A claim by him holding whatever Kodi-related team function is wrong.

Yes I am ! My skin install KN Addon Caretaker script like others addons (Skin Shortcuts, Skin Helper Service etc...). It's a script like any other.  And if you're not happy, it does not change anything !

Now stop messages that are useless. If this does not suit you, you are free to change to another skin.

Caretaker addon is not a requirement for your skin to work, it is a monitoring script which violates privacy, therefore it is spyware.  Let me respond to your "Yes I am !" comment. You are not a official Kodi Team Member and also it is not your responsibility to Police any Kodi installation.
(2017-10-28, 21:35)Klojum Wrote: [ -> ]

Yes I am !
Let's be clear about the fact that Mr. Guilouz is *NOT* a Team-Kodi member. A claim by him holding whatever Kodi-related team function is wrong.

'Yes I am' was ironic, he talk about Police. Stupid question, stupid answer...

To be clear, this checking does not block the use of the skin. It just show a warning popup (which is possible to disable completely when checking 'Do not show anymore' box) which specifies that some repo can be malicious.
(2017-10-28, 21:44)Guilouz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-10-28, 21:35)Klojum Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-10-28, 21:16)Guilouz Wrote: [ -> ]Yes I am !

'Yes I am' was ironic, he talk about Police. Stupid question, stupid answer...

To be clear, this checking does not block the use of the skin. It just show a warning popup (which is possible to disable completely when checking 'Do not show anymore' box) which specifies that some repo can be malicious.
I say again:
Caretaker addon is not a requirement for your skin to work, it is a monitoring script which violates privacy, therefore it is spyware. 
 You are not a official Kodi Team Member and also it is not your responsibility to Police any Kodi installation.
(2017-10-28, 21:44)Guilouz Wrote: [ -> ]'Yes I am' was ironic, he talk about Police. Stupid question, stupid answer...

It's much better, but you should not go down that road and stay in what you do well like your Skin, it's a shame ...
(2017-10-28, 21:44)Mele Wrote: [ -> ]

Caretaker addon is not a requirement for your skin to work, it is a monitoring script which violates privacy, therefore it is spyware.  Let me respond to your "Yes I am !" comment. You are not a official Kodi Team Member and it is not your responsibility to Police any Kodi installation.

If I follow your reasoning, a lot of addons are spyware then. I take as an example 'Next Aired' addon, it's checking your database to show info for next episode you have in your library. Another exemple, Information providers addons, they scann your folders to find media files.

Caretaker addon just check your addons folder and my skin return a warning popup if banned addons (in a list) are found. It does not store any info.
Yes there is no exchange of data, but ...

I even forgot what I wanted to ask Sad
(2017-10-28, 21:57)Guilouz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-10-28, 21:44)Mele Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-10-28, 21:16)Guilouz Wrote: [ -> ]Yes I am ! My skin install KN Addon Caretaker script like others addons (Skin Shortcuts, Skin Helper Service etc...). It's a script like any other.  And if you're not happy, it does not change anything !

Caretaker addon is not a requirement for your skin to work, it is a monitoring script which violates privacy, therefore it is spyware.  Let me respond to your "Yes I am !" comment. You are not a official Kodi Team Member and it is not your responsibility to Police any Kodi installation.

If I follow your reasoning, a lot of addons are spyware then. I take as an example 'Next Aired' addon, it's checking your database to show info for next episode you have in your library. Another exemple, Information providers addons, they scann your folders to find media files.

Caretaker addon just check your addons folder and my skin return a warning popup if banned addons (in a list) are found. It does not store any info.

You are missing the point here and the point is Caretaker is actively monitoring what users are installing into Kodi and that my friend is spyware and invasion of privacy. You don't like people using questionable addons while using your skin then add to your post "I share my skin but if you are using questionable addons then please do not use my skin" and do not act as unofficial Policeman.
(2017-10-28, 22:07)Mele Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-10-28, 21:57)Guilouz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-10-28, 21:44)Mele Wrote: [ -> ]Caretaker addon is not a requirement for your skin to work, it is a monitoring script which violates privacy, therefore it is spyware.  Let me respond to your "Yes I am !" comment. You are not a official Kodi Team Member and it is not your responsibility to Police any Kodi installation.

You are missing the point here and the point is Caretaker is actively monitoring what users are installing into Kodi and that my friend is invasion of privacy. You don't like people using questionable addons while using your skin then add to your post "I share my skin but if you are using questionable addons then please do not use my skin" and do not act as unofficial Policeman.

Do you really think that will stop people?

I have find many youtube video, tutorial on websites 'how to install exodus etc..' with my name mentionned and even some with the url towards this thread. That's why I'm not happy.

This is not to counter those who follow the thread from the beginning or report issues etc.. but to counter this kind of individual who mentions me by promoting illegal addons.