Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Estuary MOD V2 - KODI 18 (UPDATED 17/01/19)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Thanks so much!
[SOLVED] my version was outdated, update fixed it.
hey,

the DialogAddonSettings.xml seems not to work on my system, only when i replace it with one from an other skin can i get the setting screens to work.
running snap kodi 18 alpha1 6 emodv2 2.9.4 on a 1680 x 1050res

(2018-02-08, 14:46)davidx Wrote: [ -> ]hey,

the DialogAddonSettings.xml seems not to work on my system, only when i replace it with one from an other skin can i get the setting screens to work.
running snap kodi 18 alpha1 6 emodv2 2.9.4 on a 1680 x 1050res

Are you on latest kodi alpha ?
i thought so but it wasn't, sorry. updated now it works Smile
(2018-02-08, 01:51)Guilouz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-02-07, 23:24)kaybird Wrote: [ -> ]Two questions please if you can help:
1- In my log files I see the below notice:
Quote:NOTICE: script.module.metadatautils --> Rate limiter active for themoviedb.org - delaying request with 5 seconds - Configure a personal API key in the settings to get rid of this message and the delay.

What action is Kodi taking that is having it go out to tmdb? I was not adding anything to my library at the time, just browsing a few titles and then played one back for just a little while.  Also at what point does this 5 second delay kick in? I ask because I haven't noticed any 5 second delay while doing anything. I know there is a place in the skin to import API keys. But just trying to understand what Kodi and or the skin is doing to make this call (it seems obvious if it was importing titles and scraping info, but that was not happening for a long time before these entries appeared in the log so it must be something else).

2- When I access bookmarks during the playback of a title, it shows each chapter as a bookmark (good) with a placeholder image in it, and it takes about 3-5 seconds to pull a frame from the title for that chapter and put it into the bookmark square.  So if I'm trying to figure out where I was around chapter 15, it can take almost a minute for the still frames to show up in the thumbnails so I can find my place.  Is there a way to have Kodi/skin preload these images? And can it save them so that the next time they are already loaded? I ask this because when I went the next day and looked again, it started from scratch fetching all the still images for each chapter, and I would have thought they would have been gotten from cache.  
1. It's a limitation from script (Skin Helper Service) to avoid many API request. To disable this you need to add your own API keys in script.module.metadatautils settings.

2. All my chapters thumbs are loaded in one second, I think it's depending of your hardware and I have no idea if they are cached or not, I have not find them in userdata/Thumbnails folder. 

What I am wondering is what type of API call might the skin helper service be running in the case where there is no scraping going on since several days ago? I dont see any 5 second delays obvious anywhere.

Thanks for letting me know about the thumbnails. I have a Nvidia Shield so I dont underestand how that could be related to slow hardware as it should be plenty good for that, but it sounds like it is not skin related ? in which case it is the subject I guess for a different thread.
(2018-02-08, 22:47)kaybird Wrote: [ -> ]

What action is Kodi taking that is having it go out to tmdb? I was not adding anything to my library at the time, just browsing a few titles and then played one back for just a little while.  Also at what point does this 5 second delay kick in? I ask because I haven't noticed any 5 second delay while doing anything. I know there is a place in the skin to import API keys. But just trying to understand what Kodi and or the skin is doing to make this call (it seems obvious if it was importing titles and scraping info, but that was not happening for a long time before these entries appeared in the log so it must be something else).

2- When I access bookmarks during the playback of a title, it shows each chapter as a bookmark (good) with a placeholder image in it, and it takes about 3-5 seconds to pull a frame from the title for that chapter and put it into the bookmark square.  So if I'm trying to figure out where I was around chapter 15, it can take almost a minute for the still frames to show up in the thumbnails so I can find my place.  Is there a way to have Kodi/skin preload these images? And can it save them so that the next time they are already loaded? I ask this because when I went the next day and looked again, it started from scratch fetching all the still images for each chapter, and I would have thought they would have been gotten from cache.  
1. It's a limitation from script (Skin Helper Service) to avoid many API request. To disable this you need to add your own API keys in script.module.metadatautils settings.

2. All my chapters thumbs are loaded in one second, I think it's depending of your hardware and I have no idea if they are cached or not, I have not find them in userdata/Thumbnails folder.   
Thanks for letting me know about the thumbnails. I have a Nvidia Shield so I dont underestand how that could be related to slow hardware as it should be plenty good for that, but it sounds like it is not skin related ? in which case it is the subject I guess for a different thread.  
Hello,

I also have several Shield TV and Estuary Mod V2.
The images of the chapters that load instantly as for Guilouz.

In fact, it depends on two things:
1) The size of the file
2) The speed of reading to this video file, hard disk, local network etc.
If file access and slow and if it is big, slower will be displaying images.
As the file should be read in part for searching these images (chapters) ...

No relation to the skin !

@ +Wink
Quote:NOTICE: script.module.metadatautils --> Rate limiter active for themoviedb.org - delaying request with 5 seconds - Configure a personal API key in the settings to get rid of this message and the delay.

Hello,
On the other hand I checked and the images of the chapters once read are well in the file cache.
Chapters once cached should be displayed instantly.
But it's still independent of the skin!

And thanks again for this 2.9.4 Wink
I think there is a problem with the live TV OSD when changing channels, it doesn't seem to change when pressing up or down however pressing up and then ok does change the channel (although the OSD still shows the old channel info)... interestingly i can only replicate this on the shield (android) my window laptop works as expected?!?
Is there a way to keymap the "show plot" button from the small OSD?
(2018-02-09, 09:45)AshG Wrote: [ -> ]I think there is a problem with the live TV OSD when changing channels, it doesn't seem to change when pressing up or down however pressing up and then ok does change the channel (although the OSD still shows the old channel info)... interestingly i can only replicate this on the shield (android) my window laptop works as expected?!?
 You answered yourself to your question, if it works under Windows it's not related to the skin...
(2018-02-09, 09:46)dnlg Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a way to keymap the "show plot" button from the small OSD?
 You can map a button to 'ActivateWindow(1138)'. Use Keymap Editor addon, assign a button with any fullscreen window and edit file in userdata/keymaps/gen.xml to change action.
Code:
<keymap>
 <home>
  <keyboard>
   <key id="195">info</key>
  </keyboard>
 </home>
 <global>
  <keyboard>
   <key id="7">activatewindow(videos,movietitles)</key>
   <key id="9">activatewindow(musiclibrary)</key>
   <key id="253">activatewindow(videos,tvshowtitles)</key>
   <key id="24">screenshot</key>
  </keyboard>
 </global>
 <fullscreenvideo>
  <keyboard>
   <key id="213">showsubtitles</key>
   <key id="250">audionextlanguage</key>
   </keyboard>
  </fullscreenvideo>
 </keymap>
(2018-02-08, 04:18)Guilouz Wrote: [ -> ]New Update 2.9.4 on repository :

• Add possibility to show ratings and user ratings in same time
 Thanks for adding this, but I have a quick "improvement suggestion".
In the options I can choose, which font-color the ratings (imdb vs user) have.
Well, for me it would be better, if the user could set a background-color (at the moment static blue) for each rating.
Or, possibly better, to choose the "art" (round, square, star, etc) of the background. At the moment this is always the square with rounded corners.

Is this possible?
(2018-02-09, 13:20)Guilouz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-02-09, 09:45)AshG Wrote: [ -> ]I think there is a problem with the live TV OSD when changing channels, it doesn't seem to change when pressing up or down however pressing up and then ok does change the channel (although the OSD still shows the old channel info)... interestingly i can only replicate this on the shield (android) my window laptop works as expected?!?
 You answered yourself to your question, if it works under Windows it's not related to the skin... 
Not sure i did answer my own question... i tested standard Estuary which works fine which may have suggested it was skin related.

So this is a know issue with Android then ?
(2018-02-09, 14:46)junias Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-02-08, 04:18)Guilouz Wrote: [ -> ]New Update 2.9.4 on repository :

• Add possibility to show ratings and user ratings in same time
 Thanks for adding this, but I have a quick "improvement suggestion".
In the options I can choose, which font-color the ratings (imdb vs user) have.
Well, for me it would be better, if the user could set a background-color (at the moment static blue) for each rating.
Or, possibly better, to choose the "art" (round, square, star, etc) of the background. At the moment this is always the square with rounded corners.

Is this possible? 
Background color according to the primary color to match with the rest of the skin.

I do not plan to change rating background texture, it would add parameters for not much.
(2018-02-09, 19:50)AshG Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-02-09, 13:20)Guilouz Wrote: [ -> ]
Not sure i did answer my own question... i tested standard Estuary which works fine which may have suggested it was skin related.

So this is a know issue with Android then ?  
 It's not an issue, up/down on PVR fullscreen it's to see what's on other channels, if you want to go to a selected channel you must press OK. To switch channels you must use Page Up/Down and not just up/down on keyboard.