Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Arctic: Zephyr
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2015-08-12, 14:25)Crssi Wrote: [ -> ]As I can see KODI works with 1920x1080 and 1920x1200 is downsized then to 1920x1080.
As you already found out the resolution, the only way is to crop the picture to 1920x1080.

Right, but I just wouldn't expect this result. After aligning these two screenshots (the desktop one uses center alignment, so its cropped, not resized) I'm pretty sure that it doesn't even get resized in Kodi, just offset slightly, so surely there's no reason that the quality should be affected. Even if it were to be slightly shrunk, I would expect better result than this, which looks just as if scaled up from some lower resolution.

It's not a huge deal, just thought it seemed reasonable for this to work as I expected!
(2015-08-12, 14:42)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]How exactly did you set the fallback image...
Home Customisation > Set Background?
Widgets > Set Slideshow Path?
Background > Set Fallback image?

If it was set the last way, you also need to set it as the background for each individual menu item in the home customisation window...

I set it using fallback image, indeed. What is the difference supposed to be when I set each item background? I don't think it made any difference.

Anyway, I tried setting the TV shows background to the same as the fallback. (the original 1920x1200 image)
http://i.imgur.com/xwlURGL.jpg

It seems to use center alignment, so I cropped the image to perfectly match the above one (60 pixels off the top and the bottom) and used that for the music background:
http://i.imgur.com/pTB9lxg.jpg
(2015-08-11, 16:12)jmerrilljr Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-08-09, 22:02)omriamos Wrote: [ -> ]^ Good question, I actually can't even find the "now playing" page....
Any one?
Press back from the home screen?

Right. On my OpenElec/Chromebox setup the exit key does this. On my Mac desktop with the Apple wireless keyboard there doesn't seem to be key that will do it. I could probably key map this ...
Hi guys,

I'm new to this skin and wanted to find out whether the OSD when playing a video should be showing a poster image of the movie/tv show that you are currently watching? For me, there appears to be no poster image shown on the OSD, just the Movie/TV Show title and the description of the video.

Thanks
There is something I don´t understand. I asked this before but I don`t want to make "manual" changes to files.

Why this skin only shows random movies in homescreen? Why series is left behind, or why moving to series section there is no "series fanart" background option?

I have few movies but lot of series, so always the same fanarts are shown.

Note: Any one has a Zephyr gradient gray background for using as windows wallpaper for matching this skin? Thanksss
(2015-08-12, 15:17)Lombra Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-08-12, 14:42)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]How exactly did you set the fallback image...
If it was set the last way, you also need to set it as the background for each individual menu item in the home customisation window...

I set it using fallback image, indeed. What is the difference supposed to be when I set each item background? I don't think it made any difference.

Anyway, I tried setting the TV shows background to the same as the fallback. (the original 1920x1200 image)

It seems to use center alignment, so I cropped the image to perfectly match the above one (60 pixels off the top and the bottom) and used that for the music background:
I'm interested in how you got the widget to not show anything?
The correct way is to set the widget to "None" and then set the background in the home customisation screen. That's why I mentioned that. The fallback image is meant to be used in the library when an item doesn't have fanart. However, It shouldn't really matter though - it is weird that it is being scaled like that when it doesn't need to be. Are you using 1920x1080 as your tv resolution?

(2015-08-12, 18:07)jmerrilljr Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-08-11, 16:12)jmerrilljr Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-08-09, 22:02)omriamos Wrote: [ -> ]^ Good question, I actually can't even find the "now playing" page....
Any one?
Press back from the home screen?

Right. On my OpenElec/Chromebox setup the exit key does this. On my Mac desktop with the Apple wireless keyboard there doesn't seem to be key that will do it. I could probably key map this ...
Usually its either Esc or Backspace on a keyboard. Tab also usually works to flip between now playing and the current screen.

(2015-08-12, 19:20)Hustler1337 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi guys,

I'm new to this skin and wanted to find out whether the OSD when playing a video should be showing a poster image of the movie/tv show that you are currently watching? For me, there appears to be no poster image shown on the OSD, just the Movie/TV Show title and the description of the video.

Thanks
This was answered here: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2077784

(2015-08-12, 22:05)CaBrA Wrote: [ -> ]There is something I don´t understand. I asked this before but I don`t want to make "manual" changes to files.

Why this skin only shows random movies in homescreen? Why series is left behind, or why moving to series section there is no "series fanart" background option?

Note: Any one has a Zephyr gradient gray background for using as windows wallpaper for matching this skin? Thanksss
Set a different widget for that item in the home customisation screen in skin settings.
(2015-08-12, 22:05)CaBrA Wrote: [ -> ]There is something I don´t understand. I asked this before but I don`t want to make "manual" changes to files.

Set a different widget for that item in the home customisation screen in skin settings.
[/quote]

You mean set a widget with "multi images" option? If so, I have to prepare a folder with JPG´s? can this be done like movie one?
(2015-08-13, 00:27)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-08-12, 15:17)Lombra Wrote: [ -> ]

I'm interested in how you got the widget to not show anything?
The correct way is to set the widget to "None" and then set the background in the home customisation screen. That's why I mentioned that. The fallback image is meant to be used in the library when an item doesn't have fanart. However, It shouldn't really matter though - it is weird that it is being scaled like that when it doesn't need to be. Are you using 1920x1080 as your tv resolution?

Not sure what the widget refers to, I'm fairly new to Kodi overall! I've changed the TV shows and Music items to be shortcuts to PleXBMC addon, and I did something to remove the arrow up menu as per some post a few pages back. I'm using 1920x1080, yeah.
When I don't set widgets for my menu items it defaults to the "Movie Spotlight" widget and from there if I press UP I get a menu at the top of the screen that allows me to chose between 6 or so different widgets - Movie Spotlight, Recent Movies, Episode Spotlight, Recent episodes etc. Is there a name for this menu? What I would like to do is change the default menu displayed across ALL items to "Recent Episodes" but still have the option of scrolling up to the top of the screen and changing it to "recent movies" or "movie spotlight". The issue is that if I go to setting and change the widget to "Recent Episodes" I no long have access to the menu at the top of the screen.
Is there a way to change content that show up in top menu on the home screen?
How can i show the fanart of movie or series on the home screen?
Is see only the Kodi Wallpaper from the skin. The option in the settings is enabled.
This is more of a general skinning question I guess (I don't mind messing with the files, I already made a few custom changes for myself..), but I had this issue only with this skin:
How can I bring back the MOUSE cursor, and also (probably the same thing) stop my mouse movements from opening menus...?

thanks

EDIT:
I was able to stop the mouse movements issue with keymap.xml

Code:
<mouse>
            <leftclick>leftclick</leftclick>
            <middleclick>ToggleFullScreen</middleclick>
            <rightclick>rightclick</rightclick>
            <doubleclick>doubleclick</doubleclick>
            <wheeldown>down</wheeldown>
            <wheelup>up</wheelup>
            <mousedrag>noop</mousedrag>
            <mousemove>noop</mousemove>
</mouse>

But I really want my mouse CURSOR back Smile
I also prefer not to disable <mousemove> .... (but even when it's not disabled (and it causes the menus to open on mouse movement..) - I still don't have a mouse cursor in this skin)
(2015-08-12, 13:27)holdestmade Wrote: [ -> ]austrooper Wrote:
1. I can seem to find a way to add TV recordings to the menu, the options seem to be missing
2. When you select record TV show, the options are blank. I have to switch to the default skin to seem them, e.g. repeat recording, delay etc

1. Yeah it seems that with Isengard, the Live TV shortcuts have disappeared from skinshortcuts script and you have to manual add them instead. Report it in the skinshortcuts thread.
2. I'm guessing you are using NextPVR. The reason is that it uses the WMC recording dialog but has different labels and controls. I don't use NextPVR and can't test it as I don't use windows. Someone else will need to create a custom dialog.

See below my RecordPrefs.xml, this works fine with NextPVR. Note the replacement of "ColourHighlight" to "ColorHighlight"

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<window id="603">
<defaultcontrol always="true">21</defaultcontrol>
<controls>
<include>GlobalOverlay</include>
<control type="group">
<include>DefDialogBackground</include>
<control type="label" id="20">
<include>DefDialogHeader</include>
<label>$ADDON[pvr.nextpvr 30100]</label>
</control>
<control type="grouplist" id="9002">
<description>Control Area</description>
<left>38</left>
<right>38</right>
<posy>90</posy>
<height>690</height>
<itemgap>3</itemgap>
<onup>1</onup>
<ondown>1</ondown>
<onleft>1</onleft>
<onright>2</onright>
<orientation>vertical</orientation>
<control type="spincontrolex" id="21">
<radioposx>946</radioposx>
<texturefocus colordiffuse="$VAR[ColorHighlight]" border="8">common/box.png</texturefocus>
<align>left</align>
<label>$ADDON[pvr.nextpvr 30120]</label>
</control>
<control type="spincontrolex" id="25">
<radioposx>946</radioposx>
<texturefocus colordiffuse="$VAR[ColorHighlight]" border="8">common/box.png</texturefocus>
<align>left</align>
<label>$ADDON[pvr.nextpvr 30132]</label>
</control>
<control type="spincontrolex" id="26">
<description>Default spincontrolex</description>
<align>left</align>
<label>$ADDON[pvr.nextpvr 30133]</label>
</control>
<control type="spincontrolex" id="23">
<align>left</align>
<label>$ADDON[pvr.nextpvr 30130]</label>
</control>
<control type="spincontrolex" id="27">
<align>left</align>
<label>$ADDON[pvr.nextpvr 30134]</label>
</control>
</control>
<control type="button" id="1">
<description>Ok</description>
<centerleft>33%</centerleft>
<bottom>30</bottom>
<width>300</width>
<label>186</label>
<onleft>1</onleft>
<onright>1</onright>
<onup>5</onup>
<ondown>5</ondown>
<texturefocus colordiffuse="$VAR[ColorHighlight]" border="5">common/box.png</texturefocus>
<texturenofocus colordiffuse="Black12" border="5">common/box.png</texturenofocus>
<include>DefDialogButtons</include>
</control>
<control type="button" id="2">
<description>Cancel</description>
<centerright>33%</centerright>
<bottom>30</bottom>
<width>300</width>
<label>222</label>
<onleft>2</onleft>
<onright>2</onright>
<onup>5</onup>
<ondown>5</ondown>
<texturefocus colordiffuse="$VAR[ColorHighlight]" border="5">common/box.png</texturefocus>
<texturenofocus colordiffuse="Black12" border="5">common/box.png</texturenofocus>
<include>DefDialogButtons</include>
</control>
</control>
</controls>
</window>

This worked perfectly! Awesome, awesome, awesome...

Thank you.
jurialmunkey, hi. I tried to edit zephyr code a little to enable view 506 when browsing music files. After editing i could set this view, however it reset every time to default list when i leave folder. What i did is:

MyMusicSongs.xml
<views>50,500,503,506</views>
<include>View_505_506_Wall</include>

View_505_Wall_Square.xml
<control type="panel" id="506">
<visible>Container.Content(musicvideos) | Container.Content(albums) | Container.Content(files)</visible>

If i set "factory enabled" views i.e. list or thumbnail it won't reset. What did i miss?
(2015-08-11, 07:33)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-08-11, 04:44)Citrus Wrote: [ -> ]1.) How can I change the widget layout to be like this?
Currently it only shows one movie at a time.
2) Why is the option "Only display widgets when pressing up" greyed out? I would like to turn this setting on.
3) How can I turn off the home screen up arrow menu showing Movie Spotlight, Recent Movies, etc...?

1. Change home screen style (Skin Settings > Home) from "Normal" to "Classic"
2. Only available in Classic home screen mode.
3. Set widgets for each home screen item in Skin Settings > Home > Customise Home Screen
Wow thanks! Those view settings look so much better!
I set a widget to all menu items to "None" and the movie spotlight menu still shows up when pressing up.