Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Arctic: Zephyr
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Jurial,

The text in your skin has several spaces between the words. Is there a solution for this. I have it in normal font, large and arial fallback. It's not a big deal. But it's a little bit harder to read text. I hope you have a solution. Thanks for skinning.
(2015-10-08, 01:04)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]You need something scanned to your library for widgets (spotlight etc) to work.

You should be able to see the skin version by going to settings - addons - my addons - skins - Arctic zephyr and clicking info
Sorry for being Amateur on this questions and thanks for the answer. How can i install a addon or a database to run the upside theme widgets info? Or just take the info online?
watch gallery

I hope you can help me.
Why my posters and banners are cut?
On my section "Videos" i have a widget with my video add-ons , can i put the icons on a square?
Sorry my english.
(2015-10-08, 13:31)oaoj.sadalav Wrote: [ -> ][quote='jurialmunkey' pid='2126545' dateline='1444259051']
You need something scanned to your library for widgets (spotlight etc) to work.

You should be able to see the skin version by going to settings - addons - my addons - skins - Arctic zephyr and clicking info
Sorry for being Amateur on this questions and thanks for the answer. How can i install a addon or a database to run the upside theme widgets info?

Talking about menu with movie spotlights etc..

Ex: http://i.imgur.com/hJH1cHy.png
Hello,

Great skin Smile

A small request: some skins have the option of auto complete movie/tv show name when searching (they use the exdended info script). Any plans to incorporate this feature into this lovely skin?

Thanks.
(2015-10-08, 13:32)paulo_185 Wrote: [ -> ]
watch gallery

I hope you can help me.
Why my posters and banners are cut?
On my section "Videos" i have a widget with my video add-ons , can i put the icons on a square?
Sorry my english.

You are on 4:3 ratio format instead on 16:9 for which kodi/skin is optimised.

Change to 16:9 and everything will be great.
Is the Favourites widget gone? I can't seem to find it when I'm customizing the home menu.
Hi, I like your skin. It is really beautiful. I have a suggestion. Is it possible to add auto themes setting to the skin? so it would switch to dark theme every night at 7 or 8 pm then turns back to light theme in the morning at 7 am? That would be really cool, Nebula skin has this feature. Thank you
why have i only just found this skin ? now it needs updating to kodi 16 sad
Is there away to load the epg, in the main menu, like a widget?
A few things I've noticed after using this skin for 4-5 months now:

1. I've found that when I go to Settings > Files, I'm able to see all of my video sources. However, oftentimes the "Add Videos" selection is missing from the list. Does anyone know why it might be disappearing for me?

2. Is there anyway to add home screen shortcuts to apps? Something like the following done on Confluence? http://www.htpcguides.com/add-home-scree...c-plugins/

3. For the occasional moment when I switch back to Confluence to figure something out, I've found that when I return to Artic Zephyr it does not retain the colors setting of 'Dark with Dark Dialogs'. Every time I switch back, I have to change that setting again. Is anyone else experiencing that?
Any plans to upgrade the skin to 1080p or 4K?
(2015-10-08, 11:22)allard1992 Wrote: [ -> ]The text in your skin has several spaces between the words. Is there a solution for this. I have it in normal font, large and arial fallback. It's not a big deal. But it's a little bit harder to read text. I hope you have a solution. Thanks for skinning.
I'm guessing you are talking about justified text. Basically you would have to go in the 1080i folder and use a text editor that can search and replace across multiple files and replace any instance of "justify" with "left" (without quotes).

(2015-10-08, 13:34)oaoj.sadalav Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry for being Amateur on this questions and thanks for the answer. How can i install a addon or a database to run the upside theme widgets info?
Talking about menu with movie spotlights etc..
Ex: http://i.imgur.com/hJH1cHy.png
http://kodi.wiki/view/Adding_videos_to_the_library

(2015-10-08, 14:58)zukove Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,

Great skin Smile

A small request: some skins have the option of auto complete movie/tv show name when searching (they use the exdended info script). Any plans to incorporate this feature into this lovely skin?
I'll look into it.

(2015-10-08, 16:35)undeclinable22 Wrote: [ -> ]Is the Favourites widget gone? I can't seem to find it when I'm customizing the home menu.
Nope still there. Make sure you have script.favourites installed.

(2015-10-09, 09:09)Babak678 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, I like your skin. It is really beautiful. I have a suggestion. Is it possible to add auto themes setting to the skin? so it would switch to dark theme every night at 7 or 8 pm then turns back to light theme in the morning at 7 am? That would be really cool, Nebula skin has this feature. Thank you
Currently its not possible with how the skin is set up. However, there is a feature in the skin helper script that might be able to achieve this. I will look into it when I can.

(2015-10-10, 06:05)wobbly Wrote: [ -> ]why have i only just found this skin ? now it needs updating to kodi 16 sad
I usually do updaes to new versions when an RC is out so that it will be ready for final release.

(2015-10-10, 12:24)Cornolius Wrote: [ -> ]Is there away to load the epg, in the main menu, like a widget?
Not currently, but I'll look into some pvr widgets in the future.

(2015-10-10, 15:40)Magic815 Wrote: [ -> ]A few things I've noticed after using this skin for 4-5 months now:

1. I've found that when I go to Settings > Files, I'm able to see all of my video sources. However, oftentimes the "Add Videos" selection is missing from the list. Does anyone know why it might be disappearing for me?

2. Is there anyway to add home screen shortcuts to apps? Something like the following done on Confluence? http://www.htpcguides.com/add-home-scree...c-plugins/

3. For the occasional moment when I switch back to Confluence to figure something out, I've found that when I return to Artic Zephyr it does not retain the colors setting of 'Dark with Dark Dialogs'. Every time I switch back, I have to change that setting again. Is anyone else experiencing that?
1. That is strange. Not a skin issue though.
2. In the same ways as Confluence. No not really. However, if you have the favourites script installed you can add a favourites widget to the menu. This will show your first 7 favourites so you can do the same sort of thing with that.
3. Yeah it is really annoying that kodi doesn't save which colour theme is in use. Unfortunately, nothing I can do about it afaik.

(2015-10-10, 15:40)dawiinci Wrote: [ -> ]Any plans to upgrade the skin to 1080p or 4K?
The skin is already at a resolution of 1920x1080 -- the 1080i folder is just an old naming convention. Really it is 1080p as the resolution is 1920x1080.

No plans atm for 4K as I dont have a 4K tv so it becomes a little difficult to test things Wink
(2015-10-10, 23:45)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]1. That is strange. Not a skin issue though.

You sure? I'm not having that issue on any other skin.
(2015-10-11, 02:13)Magic815 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-10-10, 23:45)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]1. That is strange. Not a skin issue though.
You sure? I'm not having that issue on any other skin.

Yep 100% sure. Skins don't control what content is in a list container supplied by nodes/library/filelist etc -- skins only control how that content is displayed. For instance, I could use a stringcompare condition to change the label to say "Add Purple Monkey Dishwashers...", but I could never actually remove the item from the list.

My guess is you have disabled them in settings.
Settings > Appearance > Show "Add Source" buttons
When disabled it will only show when you have no sources -- once you add a source it will not show any more.