Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Arctic: Zephyr
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Banner Wall looks great Jurial. Awesome updates.
NextUp Addon

Lovely! Thank you for your work and this awesome skin
(2015-06-20, 15:19)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]NextUp Addon

man! you are killing it!!!!

keep it comin'.
Hi,

I'm using AZ skin from repo on AFTV (using Emby server addon) but I am experiencing a bizarre issue with posters not displaying on OSD during video playback/pause.

Up until I remove all movie/tv hub items everything works fine and the movie poster shows when I press pause. But after I replace the hub items with my own smart playlist shortcuts the posters disappear - is this to be expected?

Emby developers have discounted their addon as the problem so hoping it's just a simple setting I'm missing somewhere.

Thanks for any help Smile
@jurialmunkey,
As a long time XBMC/Kodi user I tried several skins, Always ending up with Aeon Nox. When I recently bought several RPi2's I modded Nox to my preferences.
But looking for a more fresh look for Kodi I found and tested your skin. And in one word its: amazing!
I now use the modded version of im85288 but would really like to thank you for all the work you put into this skin and want to complement you for your skills!

Because I and lots of my friends use the LiveTV via TVHeadend I'm working on one extra view (a biglist, with more tv channels shown in the tv channel listing like the maniac mod for Aeon Nox) that I may post when it's finished oke.

Thanks again, for all the time you put into this skin!
New to this forum but just picked up a Pi2 and after reviewing many skins, ended up choosing Arctic Zephyr. Love the look and the customization abilities.

The one thing I am really missing vs the Confluence theme is the Videos view like this:
http://s857.photobucket.com/user/nathanr...2.png.html

Maybe I am just missing a config somewhere to get this view?
(2015-06-23, 15:18)jmccrack650 Wrote: [ -> ]New to this forum but just picked up a Pi2 and after reviewing many skins, ended up choosing Arctic Zephyr. Love the look and the customization abilities.

The one thing I am really missing vs the Confluence theme is the Videos view like this:

Big icons is almost as the one but much iCandy. Wink
The only info missing from Big icons is director and writer. But then again it would make skin/view overbloated and ugly... i think
(2015-06-23, 15:33)Crssi Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-06-23, 15:18)jmccrack650 Wrote: [ -> ]New to this forum but just picked up a Pi2 and after reviewing many skins, ended up choosing Arctic Zephyr. Love the look and the customization abilities.

Big icons is almost as the one but much iCandy. Wink
The only info missing from Big icons is director and writer. But then again it would make skin/view overbloated and ugly... i think

Not sure it includes runtime (or maybe I am forgetting). That is the one piece of metadata that I constantly want to see, but isn't included in many skins/views.
If I understand you, you need a list/view where you will choose what to watch with runtime in mind?
Like for example, you have 105 minutes of spare time and you would like to choose media within those 105 minutes?

Then, imho, you need view like "Media Info" prefered sorted by duration. Wink

Anyway you dont see nothing around skin when fast browsing over media library focusing with your eyes to duration info in your case?

But this is me, and I know I am "strange". Smile
Hey man,

Really good work on the skin, discovered it last night and switching to it was a nobrainer.
I've got a really nice setup now and even made a couple of custom icons for the homescreen in Photoshop.

I'm using it on a Raspberry Pi 2, and it works excellent except for one thing: In the listviews in a couple of addons like BBC's iPlayer and Twitch TV it obviously loads both the thumbnails and title of the streams and the associated thumbnail.

The problem is that the RPi 2 isn't very powerful as it is, and the loading of the thumbnails slows the addons down so drastically that I have to wait ~1 minute before I can even navigate inside the addon, since I need to wait until it's done loading.

Is there any code I can "break" to prevent the loading of thumbnails for said type of addons? It would really bug me if I had to switch back to a different skin since yours is far superior to anything else I've seen.

Thanks a lot.
I really like your themes. Especially this one. Keep up the good work please Smile.

Would love to see more people making so elegant/minimal themes.
Is there anyway to update to the latest version of the skin through the standard Kodi repo? It looks like I am on version 1.3, but I don't have an option to update (greyed out). Is manual install with zip file the only option here?
(2015-06-24, 19:00)jmccrack650 Wrote: [ -> ]Is there anyway to update to the latest version of the skin through the standard Kodi repo? It looks like I am on version 1.3, but I don't have an option to update (greyed out). Is manual install with zip file the only option here?

1.3.0 is the latest available on the repo. you'll either have to wait for jurial to push another one or install it manually.
JurialMunkey, just started using this theme. Arctic: Zephyr is a masterpiece. You continue to set the bar that much higher than the rest!

Have been using Eminence for some time and decided to give this one a try, and need I say, it's even better. Anyhow, wondering if there is an option like Eminence's "Set Global Background Widget" so a standard playlist can be used as global fanart on the home screen?

I'm struggling to find such an option, but I may just be being thick. Any of you kind folks know?

Once again, great skin. Best available.