Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Arctic: Zephyr
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2015-08-22, 09:15)liranics Wrote: [ -> ]How can i join translate team of this skin? i complete localize this skin to Hebrew

Read here and join the skin project from kodi
http://kodi.wiki/view/Translation_System#Transifex
(2015-08-09, 17:02)Crssi Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-08-09, 16:54)CaBrA Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-08-09, 15:07)Crssi Wrote: [ -> ]@CaBrA

1. not sure that this is super easy and fully automated, but you can set background to some folder and copy fanarts pictures there
2. while in tv show section, I find best that I have fanart of the focused tv show... or did you mean focus on tv show part in homepage? in that case it is the same case as omriamos asked
3. dont use kodi for music, so I dont have answer for it

I mean, when in home and stop at movie it would be great to show random movies fanart. Cause actually it starts always with same movie (I don't want to see Antonio banderas each starts :p). And for TV shows home would be great to show random show fanart, like i n movies.

OK... the answer is on post 1621

is there another way? like a gui option? choose from skin menu "movie fanart" "tv show fanart" "simple image", plus randomize image options for preventing start always with same image? Undecided
(2015-08-21, 03:24)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-08-17, 05:10)ldavet Wrote: [ -> ]It sounds like whining but the only thing preventing me from using this skin is lack of Advanced Launcher view support, I know it's planned but the wait is painful...
Anyway, this skin is really great!
Thanks. What types of views are you interested in for Adv Launcher. I'm planning on working on this soon and I'm interested to hear the types of views that people would want. I'm assuming wall views with different aspect ratios for different types (poster, square, landscape). Any others?

I have been following this thread since it started and am very excited to hear that Advanced Launcher views will be added. My vote would be for a Big Icons view...poster, square, and landscape. But then there are the PSP boxes that are poster oriented but taller and skinnier than say a NES or GameCube box. Can the artwork be allowed to show in it's native aspect ratio without it conforming to set skin dimensions? Also what about video previews for games and extra art such as cartridge/disc? I have used some emulator front ends that are over-bloated with images (box back, promo material, screenshots, intro screens), but to keep with the sleek and minimal design of the skin I would keep it simple.
Jurial,

Haven't had much time lately, but just noticed your skin keeps getting better and better
On the Advanced Launcher ideas I too would like to see a poster view with all different box type ratios. If you pop over to Cirrus Extended and check out the Sexy Cirrus mod by Rufoo http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=206682 it has one of the most complete Advanced Launcher sections I have ever seen. I would also like to see game title logos incorporated like in other sections of the skin.
Hi jurialmunkey, I've made a screensaver for Kodi, unfortunately addons can't use their own Fonts and we have to rely on skins to provide them.
Would you please add font size to Arctic Zephyr?
I've tested it already with Arctic Zephyr and that font size should work perfectly.

If you need any more information please let me know.
Thank you for your help!
I too would like to see some if the views from the SexyCirrus mod implemented in some way. Some great ideas on that thread.
How can I change the transparency of the gradient overlay on the homescreen when using the vertical view?
The gradient is not transparent enough and it makes it difficult to see the wallpaper.
1. Is it possible to have a few select shows on the home menu as the widget for TV Shows menu item? I'm just trying to shrink my home menu so if I could move my 3-4 regular shows to be the widget for TV Shows that would be great.

2. I tried the TV widgets but none are showing just what I have in my library, they are showing all shows that are airing today period on TV. Any way to have it show only shows that are in my library?
@colbert 2.Use the Next Aired widget. It will show you the coming episodes of your library shows.

Some shows don't come back for months eg. The Flash 10/06/15
(2015-08-23, 21:33)colbert Wrote: [ -> ]1. Is it possible to have a few select shows on the home menu as the widget for TV Shows menu item? I'm just trying to shrink my home menu so if I could move my 3-4 regular shows to be the widget for TV Shows that would be great.

2. I tried the TV widgets but none are showing just what I have in my library, they are showing all shows that are airing today period on TV. Any way to have it show only shows that are in my library?

1. You can use a smart playlist as a widget and set any rules you like. There are also a few smart playlists included with the skin that show up in the widget selection dialog (scroll down to bottom). If you dont see them then press back and choose "Select Widget" again until they show up. I personally use "Recently Watched TV Shows" - this playlist shows tvshows in order of when you have watched them - clicking on one of the shows will you take you to the library point for that show so that you can choose what episode you want to watch. I prefer this to ongoing episode widgets because sometimes I watched some episodes on another device or rewatched a tv series that I have already watched.

2. Episodes spotlight, recent episodes and ongoing episodes all show tv shows only in your library. Also, a smart playlist can be setup (goto videos > playlists to make one).
(2015-08-23, 09:00)J7AYU Wrote: [ -> ]On the Advanced Launcher ideas I too would like to see a poster view with all different box type ratios. If you pop over to Cirrus Extended and check out the Sexy Cirrus mod by Rufoo http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=206682 it has one of the most complete Advanced Launcher sections I have ever seen. I would also like to see game title logos incorporated like in other sections of the skin.

+1

I've basically resolved to launching an external front end for all my gaming stuff because I've never liked RCB and Advanced Launcher has such limited viewtypes in most skins.

This would be awesome.
hello jurialmunkey and thanks again for your work
Concerning the views we'd like for advanced launcher I hope for the "big icon" one with different format ( square,landscape and poster) ,I think it's called "big icon" I'm at work and don't have my kodi in front of me...
cheers
(2015-08-24, 01:00)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-08-23, 21:33)colbert Wrote: [ -> ]1. Is it possible to have a few select shows on the home menu as the widget for TV Shows menu item? I'm just trying to shrink my home menu so if I could move my 3-4 regular shows to be the widget for TV Shows that would be great.

1. You can use a smart playlist as a widget and set any rules you like. There are also a few smart playlists included with the skin that show up in the widget selection dialog (scroll down to bottom). If you dont see them then press back and choose "Select Widget" again until they show up. I personally use "Recently Watched TV Shows" - this playlist shows tvshows in order of when you have watched them - clicking on one of the shows will you take you to the library point for that show so that you can choose what episode you want to watch. I prefer this to ongoing episode widgets because sometimes I watched some episodes on another device or rewatched a tv series that I have already watched.

Thanks, I am checking the menu but can't see any Recently Watched TV Shows. I hit back many times and go back in to the Select Widget menu but it doesn't show up. I did make a Smart Playlist and that works great so thanks again!!
(2015-08-23, 09:00)J7AYU Wrote: [ -> ]On the Advanced Launcher ideas I too would like to see a poster view with all different box type ratios. If you pop over to Cirrus Extended and check out the Sexy Cirrus mod by Rufoo http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=206682 it has one of the most complete Advanced Launcher sections I have ever seen. I would also like to see game title logos incorporated like in other sections of the skin.

I agree that Rufoo has done a great job with his SexyCirrus Expanded mod...too bad the rest that skin, in my opinion, is outdated looking. He managed to get PSP boxes to show in their native aspect ratio and not just squished into a poster view. Another skin that has a decent AL view selection is Nebula by tgxcorpration. That's what I've been using on my dedicated gaming machine. But there again it has too much clutter on the screen with irremovable header text. I like the clean and minimalist Big Icon view you get with Zephyr stripped of all unnecessary text and tidbits. BTW, is that the same nlash from the HyperSpin forums?