Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Arctic: Zephyr
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i have to say it's kind of amusing to hear the skin creator get confused using his own skin Rofl

currently i'm using the media info view with the extra info option selected. this pretty closely replicates the panel list view from mkii. to me it feels a little claustrophobic with the episode count in the show list. with that information also in the extra info section i wonder if it could be removed from the list. now that the classic home widgets are back it's unlikely to bother me too much as i watch most of my shows via that, just a thought.
(2015-02-20, 00:37)furii Wrote: [ -> ]i have to say it's kind of amusing to hear the skin creator get confused using his own skin Rofl

currently i'm using the media info view with the extra info option selected. this pretty closely replicates the panel list view from mkii. to me it feels a little claustrophobic with the episode count in the show list. with that information also in the extra info section i wonder if it could be removed from the list. now that the classic home widgets are back it's unlikely to bother me too much as i watch most of my shows via that, just a thought.

your first line does not make any sense -- what are you referencing?

your second thought does make sense. it is a bit redundant -- having the Episode count with the Extra Info on Media Info View.

but, again, i'm confused because you are talking about two different things -- Home Widgets vs. Views Huh
(2015-02-20, 01:08)locomot1f Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-02-20, 00:37)furii Wrote: [ -> ]i have to say it's kind of amusing to hear the skin creator get confused using his own skin Rofl

your first line does not make any sense -- what are you referencing?

your second thought does make sense. it is a bit redundant -- having the Episode count with the Extra Info on Media Info View.

but, again, i'm confused because you are talking about two different things -- Home Widgets vs. Views Huh

my first line is in reference to his response to something else i wrote where he said "I originally was getting a bit confused by the navigation where I kept opening the submenu by pressing down again trying to completely close the widget - might be an idea to have an option to only show it after pressing up..."

in my second paragraph i was simply stating that because i watch most of my tv shows via the classic home widget (specifically the in-progress widget) i don't spent much time looking at the media info view in the tv library. as such it being slightly cluttered isn't a huge problem for me. it's just a place where i feel something could be improved.
Can you fix this problem? The stream links for streaming add-ons (specifically Genesis) are blocked by an Opening stream dialog box. Perhaps move that dialog box to the bottom ala Eminence.

http://i.imgur.com/kbCi64D.jpg
Don't think for a second that I don't appreciate the diligent, hard work which you're putting into this skin. I am very grateful... But please for God's sake lose the circular thumbnails!!

With every update you seem to include more views that rely on these awful things. They are totally useless for displaying anything which they currently do, they are at complete odds with the rest of the design language, and they just ruin the an otherwise awesome skin.

The skin is progressing fantastically, and should be the default but I can't bear to use it any more while you insist on including the circular thumbnails. There's a good reason why none of the other skins use them; Round lobby cards and DVD covers are not very common...
(2015-02-20, 01:43)furii Wrote: [ -> ]my first line is in reference to his response to something else i wrote where he said "I originally was getting a bit confused by the navigation where I kept opening the submenu by pressing down again trying to completely close the widget - might be an idea to have an option to only show it after pressing up..."

in my second paragraph i was simply stating that because i watch most of my tv shows via the classic home widget (specifically the in-progress widget) i don't spent much time looking at the media info view in the tv library. as such it being slightly cluttered isn't a huge problem for me. it's just a place where i feel something could be improved.
Hahaha yeah, I think it was just because I'd been changing back and forth between normal and classic mode so I started expecting a different animation.

I know what you are saying. In that view im just using label2 which changes depending on the sort mode selected so it will probably stay like that - I guess I could probably hide it when sort by title is selected in tvshows/seasons.

(2015-02-20, 01:47)radicalonions Wrote: [ -> ]Can you fix this problem? The stream links for streaming add-ons (specifically Genesis) are blocked by an Opening stream dialog box. Perhaps move that dialog box to the bottom ala Eminence.

Fixed the zorder. See latest git.
(2015-02-20, 02:26)filthycatbox Wrote: [ -> ]Don't think for a second that I don't appreciate the diligent, hard work which you're putting into this skin. I am very grateful... But please for God's sake lose the circular thumbnails!!

With every update you seem to include more views that rely on these awful things. They are totally useless for displaying anything which they currently do, they are at complete odds with the rest of the design language, and they just ruin the an otherwise awesome skin.

The skin is progressing fantastically, and should be the default but I can't bear to use it any more while you insist on including the circular thumbnails. There's a good reason why none of the other skins use them; Round lobby cards and DVD covers are not very common...

I've added an option to disable them in Skin Settings > Extras.
In future I suggest being a little more careful with the tone of your words. I know its not your intention (as noted in your first sentence), but the way you've expressed yourself comes off as quite rude and is simply unnecessary.
Speaking of circular things, are those circles with the number of unwatched episodes (in tv shows views obviously) definitive?

I really dislike when I have a large number of unwatched episodes and the numbers keep changing while scrolling from show to show.

Maybe a more discrete approach? Wink

Other than that, I'm really enjoying this skin. Thank you for making it happen.

Cheers
Jurial, are the channel icons suppose to be missing?
(2015-02-20, 03:53)hoopsdavis Wrote: [ -> ]Jurial, are the channel icons suppose to be missing?

From where?
(2015-02-20, 04:03)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-02-20, 03:53)hoopsdavis Wrote: [ -> ]Jurial, are the channel icons suppose to be missing?

From where?

EPG menu
(2015-02-20, 04:07)hoopsdavis Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-02-20, 04:03)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]
From where?
EPG menu

Yeah I didn't add them there. Only reason was because I thought they looked a little too small to be useful. I can add them in if you want.
(2015-02-20, 04:35)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-02-20, 04:07)hoopsdavis Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-02-20, 04:03)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]From where?
EPG menu

Yeah I didn't add them there. Only reason was because I thought they looked a little too small to be useful. I can add them in if you want.

I like seeing them but lets see what the other guys think also.
(2015-02-19, 23:59)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-02-19, 23:55)jamesdm Wrote: [ -> ]How this version of home can be tested?
PD: Jurial any news about the rating update support?
Thanks again.

Latest git. In Skin Settings > Home > Use Classic Widget Style. Although there is no longer a space between the poster widget panel and the home menu items.

Thanks for this!
I just noticed what I think is an issue with submenus.

Here is what is happening

say you are on the movies submenu and if you move down then go to the side to Tvshows and in that submenu the selection does start at the top but where you left off in the previous submenu.

I think the default should be the top in the submenu and not the position that was left off in the previous submenu.