Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Arctic: Zephyr
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2015-02-19, 17:19)DruTheFu Wrote: [ -> ]A couple of things I was wondering:
  • Will there be a feature to adjust the transparency of the header and footer 'bars'? I'd like to see more of the artwork without it being chopped off.

you can check out my fork of the skin on Github (the develop branch) i created a Dark Transparent Theme.
https://github.com/DerGary/skin.arctic.z...ee/develop
Just a hint my repository is not up to date and you can't adjust the transparency with a setting or something.
And i also changed some things the way i like it (the movie info is shown when the OSD with the buttons appear, I changed the aspect ratios of the posters in the wall view and on the poster view the plot part is a bit longer)

greetz Gary
That sound great, hope jurial will integrate this
(2015-02-19, 16:14)somawhite402 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not sure if I caught you between commits but I appear to have series posters showing in place of season posters for TV shows. Like so...

good catch. i've noticed this too.
(2015-02-19, 19:47)locomot1f Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-02-19, 16:14)somawhite402 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not sure if I caught you between commits but I appear to have series posters showing in place of season posters for TV shows. Like so...

good catch. i've noticed this too.

Same here...
BUGREPORT:
when no widget is selected and the classic home menu is enabled the background of the widget always stays visible even if there is no widget to display

also is it meant this way, that the border on the homescreen is doubled? one slightly more opaque than the other?
would prefer if there was only one clean cut line.
i really like the feature from eminence to show different slideshows for each menu entry.
this feature is also working here but i miss the ability to browse for network shares.

if i click on select background -> multi-image then i can only browse through my local drives but no smb shares.
did you miss something here?
(2015-02-19, 20:32)pseudoheld Wrote: [ -> ]would prefer if there was only one clean cut line.

gonna disagree here. i like the choice to have the border line.
Hi jurialmunkey!

I'm looking forward to the new Arctic. Blush
I like your skins, they are among the best, they are really good designed,
clearly and simply practical. Thank you for your great work!

Here is my screen with a proposal for the right side with a small info area, maybe even with small symbols for CPU, Memeory, WiFi, etc.

Regards

orionics

In the Music sub menu, I would like to change "Music Add-ons" to be Pandoki. How would about it in the custom action?

I thought - ActivateWindow(MusicLibrary,Addons,Pandoki) - it would work but doesn't.

Thanks
Just a quick suggestion. It would be awesome if we could set icons for the video genres instead of seeing a file icon next to "Action"
I started playing with the Song OSD (and i added an option to switch between normal and small OSD)

I think it looks quit good, doesn't it?

(2015-02-19, 14:17)pseudoheld Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-02-19, 02:35)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-02-19, 00:34)pseudoheld Wrote: [ -> ]sneak peak preview? pretty please? Big Grin
You actually test it on latest git version. Still a few bugs that I need to fix up and only works for movies/tvshow type widgets (this is the same with the other widget style too -- just need to get around to adding music widgets).

watch gallery

please excuse my language but F*CKING AWESOME!

guess today im gonna update to kodi on my HTPC Big Grin

How this version of home can be tested?
PD: Jurial any news about the rating update support?
Thanks again.
RE: Season Posters
Oops! My bad, should be fixed now

RE: Weather Widget
I'm not really interested in sticking this with the clock because this then means it has to be shown throughout the skin. The kodi userbase makes heavy hits on weather providers, and a big part of this is unnecessarily displaying weather throughout skins. Loosing weatherunderground sucks, we wouldn't want to loose another...

Its not going in the header either as there is too much different information that would need to be shown there: now playing, weather, next recording, notifications, extended progress. The weather widget can be disabled - if you don't like it, turn it off or mod it yourself as I can't please every single person without having options getting completely out of hand. I'm happy to entertain alternatives, but unless I see a really amazing proposal, its unlikely to change.

RE: Home Screen Icons
I am interested in adding this as an option. It definitely wont be the default, but I think its a nice option. However, its not priority.

(2015-02-19, 17:17)furii Wrote: [ -> ]just gave it a try and i like it much better with the spaces eliminated. i use the disable header option and it's nice to see a bit more of the fanart.

i seem to have been unclear regarding onup. originally i was expecting the first selection to be highlighted like in mkii but definitely think it makes the most sense to select whatever was being featured in the widget. so not proposing anything there, just an observation.
Yeah, after letting it sit for a bit I definitely like it better this way. I originally was getting a bit confused by the navigation where I kept opening the submenu by pressing down again trying to completely close the widget - might be an idea to have an option to only show it after pressing up...

Nah, you were clear - I didn't think you were proposing anything, I was just saying that I had the same observation as you and originally couldn't decide on which way was better - after a bit of use, I definitely think the way it is now (focus current item rather than first) is the better choice.

(2015-02-19, 17:19)DruTheFu Wrote: [ -> ]
  • 1. Will there be a feature to adjust the transparency of the header and footer 'bars'? I'd like to see more of the artwork without it being chopped off.
  • 2. I do not see an option to customize the header text. I'd like to rename "Home" to "Druflix" Wink like I have done in eminence.
  • 3. Is there an option to auto-adjust font sizes in the main menu? For example, I created a Main Menu item/shortcut with custom label "Documentaries", but the screen only displays "Docume..."
  • 4. I like to tinker, so I switch back and forth between this skin and eminence. But each time I make the switch, I have to reapply the color scheme in each skin; the skin color setting doesn't seem to stick.
  • 5. Any chance for an option to relocate the weather widget, to say inside the header, or included within the clock/time section? While I want to view the weather, it seems to be a little distracting, and my eyes seem to wander to it...like looking at a pimple in the mirror as a teenager.
  • 6. For Videos, I have the Playback option set as "choose", but I seem to only be presented with 'play', and not a secondary option to 'resume' when I've already stopped a show some time into it.
  • 7. For the Main Screen "Spotlight", I see there is an option to cycle through "Movie Spotlight" and "TV Show Spotlight" (or something similar, sorry I'm not in front of my TV). This otion is to cycle through one of the other. Can there be an option to cycle through BOTH together, so the spotlight will display both movies AND TV Shows?
I'm still very much liking this skin. Your hard work and time do not go unappreciated.
1. Probably not. I'm a bit concerned about the number of options there are as is. This wouldn't be a difficult mod to do, so I'll leave it at that.
2. See 1
3. You would have to edit the font sizes in the Font.xml -- the font size is already fairly small at 32pnt. The font definition is the one called "Home"
4. Nothing I can do about this. This is a kodi issue -- annoys me too.
5. See my answer above
6. Sounds like a kodi issue
7. You could add a custom widget -- set it at Skin Settings > Widgets > Custom Widget and then add as a widget to the menu item you want
Use the following path:
Code:
plugin://service.library.data.provider?type=randommovies+recentepisodes&reload=$INFO[Window.Property(randommovies)]$INFO[Window.Property(recentepisodes)]

You can replace the randommovies and recentepisodes parts with a combo of random/recent/recommended and movies/episodes (e.g. recommendedmovies or randomepisodes)

(2015-02-19, 20:32)pseudoheld Wrote: [ -> ]BUGREPORT:
when no widget is selected and the classic home menu is enabled the background of the widget always stays visible even if there is no widget to display
I cant reproduce this... there is no way to select no widget as the skin will use the default spotlight widget with nothing selected. Do you maybe have a widget that has no content to show (for example no unwatched recently added items)??

(2015-02-19, 21:16)matze276 Wrote: [ -> ]i really like the feature from eminence to show different slideshows for each menu entry.
this feature is also working here but i miss the ability to browse for network shares.

if i click on select background -> multi-image then i can only browse through my local drives but no smb shares.
did you miss something here?
This is handled by script.skinshortcuts so I'm not 100% sure, but I think you might have to add them as sources in the Pictures library in order for them to show up.

(2015-02-19, 21:40)furii Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-02-19, 20:32)pseudoheld Wrote: [ -> ]would prefer if there was only one clean cut line.
gonna disagree here. i like the choice to have the border line.
Yeah the border is staying. I tried without the border originally and much prefer how it is now.

(2015-02-19, 22:07)orionics Wrote: [ -> ]I'm looking forward to the new Arctic. Blush
I like your skins, they are among the best, they are really good designed,
clearly and simply practical. Thank you for your great work!

Here is my screen with a proposal for the right side with a small info area, maybe even with small symbols for CPU, Memeory, WiFi, etc.
Thanks.

IMHO having that info there looks too cluttered to me plus I dont really see much value in seeing that info. When I'm using a media center the last thing I want is to be reminded that there is a computer running it -- I want to feel like its part of the tv.

(2015-02-19, 23:13)vegeto9092 Wrote: [ -> ]In the Music sub menu, I would like to change "Music Add-ons" to be Pandoki. How would about it in the custom action?

I thought - ActivateWindow(MusicLibrary,Addons,Pandoki) - it would work but doesn't.
I don't know what Pandoki is, but you can add addons from the right side pane of the customisation screen. You just need to change the category from "Common" to "Addons" by using the spincontrol arrows at the top. Go to the right pane and press up to select the arrow then change the category.

(2015-02-19, 23:14)Talguy Wrote: [ -> ]Just a quick suggestion. It would be awesome if we could set icons for the video genres instead of seeing a file icon next to "Action"
Yeah genre icon option is coming.... Wink
(2015-02-19, 23:55)jamesdm Wrote: [ -> ]How this version of home can be tested?
PD: Jurial any news about the rating update support?
Thanks again.

Latest git. In Skin Settings > Home > Use Classic Widget Style. Although there is no longer a space between the poster widget panel and the home menu items.

re: rating update support -- I'm getting there, lots of things todo Wink
(2015-02-19, 23:57)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-02-19, 20:32)pseudoheld Wrote: [ -> ]BUGREPORT:
I cant reproduce this... there is no way to select no widget as the skin will use the default spotlight widget with nothing selected. Do you maybe have a widget that has no content to show (for example no unwatched recently added items)??

Ah shoot forgot my the workaround I used.
I didn't want to have any widget showing but as you said it keeps defaulting back to spotlight so I just chose a custom widget with nothing linked to it.
So yeah stupid me Wink
But maybe have an option for no widget at all. I never use spotlight an on preferences the widget feels out of place imho