Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Arctic: Zephyr
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ill be sending a PR for latest version to go to official repo today. Just been a little busy and had to test things for a few days before I was certain I wasnt breaking anything.
the new update is perfect Thx Smile
Hi im new to this skin but since the last update I've noticed that in video addons there used to be 2 options for views list as thumbnail but now it has changed to big list and thumbnail but in programs it is still list and thumbnail?? I can't make all options look the same?

Is it possible to add more views to all areas of the skin rather than just the library? I quite like the big list view with double column lol Wink

Edit. The option for double column has gone for big list??
What does the Reflections option do? I didn't really notice any differences with it on or off...
(2015-05-09, 16:36)jbaconbits Wrote: [ -> ]What does the Reflections option do? I didn't really notice any differences with it on or off...

Big poster view, shows reflection on the floor, hope this helps
Since last version that got pushed by the update I lost my radio button I made for the homescreen? either manually or premade actions don't seem to work anymore. Is this something on my end ir some new bug? All custom buttons seem to be gone and can't remake them so it might not just be radio. Weather button stayed though. Haven't tested the eject button if there's a disk present.
(2015-05-09, 17:22)Edworld Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-05-09, 16:36)jbaconbits Wrote: [ -> ]What does the Reflections option do? I didn't really notice any differences with it on or off...

Ah, probably why I didn't notice it.
(2015-05-09, 20:48)Woppie Wrote: [ -> ]Since last version that got pushed by the update I lost my radio button I made for the homescreen? either manually or premade actions don't seem to work anymore. Is this something on my end ir some new bug? All custom buttons seem to be gone and can't remake them so it might not just be radio. Weather button stayed though. Haven't tested the eject button if there's a disk present.
Unlikely to be a skin issue as that stuff is all handled by skinshortcuts script. It provides the content for the menu, I just control how it os displayed.
(2015-05-09, 23:08)jbaconbits Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-05-09, 17:22)Edworld Wrote: [ -> ]

Ah, probably why I didn't notice it.
Reflections also show on the list poster and media info poster
Hey guys.

This skin is brillant! Thank you so much for your time an effort. You definetely have talent Smile. Thanks.

Just one question: When I click "C" on a movie and then "Cinema Experience", it doesnt do anything. When I go to AddOns and click on it, it doesnt do anything. I wait minutes and then I hit "ESC" and I am in the previous menu.

What should Cinema Experience do and how do I get it to work?

Thanks again for that brillant stuff!
(2015-05-10, 01:46)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]Unlikely to be a skin issue as that stuff is all handled by skinshortcuts script. It provides the content for the menu, I just control how it os displayed.

Well a skin reset doesn't help here, which is weird. Next week when works is less pressing I might look into it what's causing it or if I get to resolve it, it's strange indeed.
Hello.
I'm not sure it's a skin-related issue but the clear logos seem to behave in a weird manner on my machine (when it comes to TV shows).
They work perfectly fine on the TV shows selection screen and on the episode's one. But not so much on the seasons screen...
For some TV shows the logo appears only on some seasons (and not on the others). And for other TV shows, the logo doesn't appear at all above the seasons.(but works fine for the TV show itself and for the episodes).
Any idea what causes this and how to solve it?
Thank you (and thank you for the great skin).

Hello, I was wondering if someone could help me out a bit

I was messing around with the 55_wall and I dont know a lot about xml nor skinning;

I just want to hide the clock and Rss feed when in that view? is it possible?

Thanks
Hi @jurial, nice job and beatifull skin. I have been using it since its early release with no problems at all, but lately i ve been watching this strange behavior:

when i activate your skin, my fps drops to 10-18 (max) and the windows process "system interrupts" spikes at 25% (win 8.1). Then kodi becomes unusable, unless i change back the skin.

Any ideas?

here is my log http://pastebin.com/ibEaPjgP
absolutely love this skin! best skin I've seen. thanks for this.

I really miss the option to have more view types in advanced launcher (for my emulators), since I'm not really fond of using the list view anywhere and the thumbnail view doesn't look as gorgeous as the available views does for the movies/tv shows/music. not sure if there is any other way than modding it yourself to use other views? I mean, I might have missed something. been years since I used xbmc/kodi, but this skin got me going again and working on a new htpc.

I wonder if it's a real hustle to mod the skin yourself to add some of the existing views? I tried some minor editing in the view xml-files, but I'm a noob at this and haven't got it to work. does anyone know any good links to a thread or a guide for this kind of modification, other than the official skinning guide? I know the author of this skin is busy and I and understand if other things are prioritized.

still, I would really like to get some of the views available for movies to work with advanced launcher Smile
also, I don't want to use RCB for various reasons.

thanks in advance for any help and suggestions.
jurial,

What are the possibilities that there can be some collaboration with you (your skin) and some of the custom versions of your skin, and adding some of the great features/setting options to your original version that you maintain? I love using your skin, and being in the repo, I like the no hassle auto updates. Seeing some of the mods spring up based on your skin, I'm seeing some nice features and options being added that I think would add to what you've already started. I'd like to have the access to some of these, but I like the ease of updates with the original.

Things like the built in skin color setting selection for text and highlights, spruced up file information logos instead of text (like ratio, DTS, 5.1, etc) which give the appearance of a more official look, and the transparency of the header/footer. Not being a skinner, I'm not sure the ease of adding these things to the skin, but they seem like they can be feature settings that can be added within 'furniture' or another setting plane to be accessible by the user to use or not use.

What are your thoughts?