Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I Apologize but I am getting quite confused. I think we need to start small so I can get my head around the main issue.

Your last post, you mention
Quote:you can't import correct the tvdb data when a ß is in a title and plot
http://thetvdb.com/?tab=series&id=74638
is only in the plot a ßäö... mc can scrap the series.
Import where? Kodi?
Or is Media Companion not importing the correct character.

What do you mean
Quote:and when you take searching for ß
this is a letter with no lowercase char. only big!
(2015-11-04, 00:24)vbat99 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-11-03, 21:24)marhutchy Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-11-03, 19:30)vbat99 Wrote: [ -> ]Unfortunately, Media Companion will always see this as two separate series and list accordingly.
And, as the current code stands, I can't get this to change as it goes down to the core coding in regards to folder structure when Media Companion finds the tvshow.nfo and also how we bind series and episodes together, by the tvdb series ID.
Your alternative option would be to have profiles in Media Companion, and have your current series in a second profile. This would avoid displaying duplicate series and duplicate episodes.

Edit:
I'll have another look at the code, see if there is anyway I can get around the core structure, but can't promise anything.

I should've stated clearly what my problem was.
I want to see both series as they are now, but only with their respective season, no duplicates.
I like that idea of profile, I've never given that feature a glance will certainly do that now Smile

EDIT:
Yes, that worked. I created a profile just for my TV series collection.
Thanks Smile

Manually adding TV series was quite a task though.

Unfortunately, Can't have both series in MC at the same time. As Both entries will have the same seriesID, and will always allocate to both nodes on the Treeview.
But, glad you got it sorted using a different profile.

BTW, you can drag'n'drop series folders in the List of Series Folders List. Might have been easier to multi-select in Explorer, and DragDrop into MC's list.

What?!
I didn't know that Big Grin
Quote:Import where? Kodi?
Or is Media Companion not importing the correct character.

=> From TVDB to MC (series with "ß" in title)

Quote:and when you take searching for ß
this is a letter with no lowercase char. only big!

=> When you run search in replace as example in notepad++ to check many files, or when you create regex..
aAbBcC .. small letter and upper-case letter
but the "ß" is only upper-case, no small letter version exists.

i have build a version and create new nfos. it look first okay, after one test...it failed.
(2015-11-03, 19:23)vbat99 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-11-03, 18:22)bobrap Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the latest release. Question about the new tv banner option. In order to copy the main banner to the missing season banner, the poster/s option has to be checked. Is that because there is no option to rescrape banners? Can you also check something in the movie section, please. I have "download actor images from TMDB" selected. If I re-scrape a movie the images are from TMDB. If I use the context menu and scrape actors IMDB is used. Also, could you explain this a bit more. Must be pretty obvious, but, I'm missing it.

Movie - Now search Title or Filename (depends on selected display option)

Thanks.

Gidday bobrap
Yes, cause Posters/Banners are as one type of artwork on TVDB, it was a lot more work to separate posters and banners and potentially would cause problems in existing routines.

Think it might be a label oops on rescraping actors, but I'll look into the code and make sure it's behaving as it should.

Now search Title or Filename
In Media Companion, you could filter the movie list or search for a movie by its title, ie start typing a movie's name and the list would filter down showing matching movies already scraped.
Now if you have the button selected for Title & Year selected, we search by Movie Title, If the Filename button is selected, MC searches the actual video's filename.
It has nothing to do with Scraping of Movie, just searching though the list of movies displayed in Media Companion.

Thanks, appreciate it.
Can't MC arrive at a source by reading the media codec, without having the source's name within the filename?
(2015-11-04, 18:22)marhutchy Wrote: [ -> ]Can't MC arrive at a source by reading the media codec, without having the source's name within the filename?

No, Source isn't exactly what is in the media's stream info, but rather where the media was sourced from.
ie: Screener, DVD, Pay-per-view, HDTV, Bluray etc.
Some of the above can have the same resolutions, but from completely different media, and these are usually found in the filename.
(2015-11-04, 19:08)vbat99 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-11-04, 18:22)marhutchy Wrote: [ -> ]Can't MC arrive at a source by reading the media codec, without having the source's name within the filename?

No, Source isn't exactly what is in the media's stream info, but rather where the media was sourced from.
ie: Screener, DVD, Pay-per-view, HDTV, Bluray etc.
Some of the above can have the same resolutions, but from completely different media, and these are usually found in the filename.

That's true.
Most of my movies are BRRip, so I can set them manually with ease.
Morning/Afternoon Rob. Wanted to pass on an update to the actor scraping problem I have. I have "download actor images from TMDB" selected. If I re-scrape a movie the images are from TMDB. If I use the context menu and scrape actors IMDB is used. Also, could you explain this a bit more. This still holds true. However, if I switch scraper to IMDB, Scrape, then switch back to TMDB and use the context menu to scrape actors, TMDB is now used. I hope I explained that ok.

Another thing I noticed (might just be me) is artwork download from Fanart.tv is downloading as poster/fanart.jpg. This is my setup:

Thanks!
(2015-11-05, 18:45)bobrap Wrote: [ -> ]Morning/Afternoon Rob. Wanted to pass on an update to the actor scraping problem I have. I have "download actor images from TMDB" selected. If I re-scrape a movie the images are from TMDB. If I use the context menu and scrape actors IMDB is used. Also, could you explain this a bit more. This still holds true. However, if I switch scraper to IMDB, Scrape, then switch back to TMDB and use the context menu to scrape actors, TMDB is now used. I hope I explained that ok.

Another thing I noticed (might just be me) is artwork download from Fanart.tv is downloading as poster/fanart.jpg. This is my setup:

Thanks!

Gidday bobrap
The actor issue with rescrape has been fixed, on Wednesday, just after the new release.
Quote:b4b24bfbc4f2
by vbat99
(0 downloads) Wed
10:24 AM

Movie - Fix logic rescrape actors to get correct actor source.
so next release with have that fix in place.

As for Farant.TV artwork, I just checked with the option to save as <moviename>-artwork.extn, and it seems MC is saving it as both
fanart.jpg

Will have to check what the heck is going on.
BTW, Artwork Automator, has that been updated to support <moviename>-artwork ??
(2015-11-05, 19:33)vbat99 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-11-05, 18:45)bobrap Wrote: [ -> ]Morning/Afternoon Rob. Wanted to pass on an update to the actor scraping problem I have. I have "download actor images from TMDB" selected. If I re-scrape a movie the images are from TMDB. If I use the context menu and scrape actors IMDB is used. Also, could you explain this a bit more. This still holds true. However, if I switch scraper to IMDB, Scrape, then switch back to TMDB and use the context menu to scrape actors, TMDB is now used. I hope I explained that ok.

Thanks!

Gidday bobrap
The actor issue with rescrape has been fixed, on Wednesday, just after the new release.
Quote:b4b24bfbc4f2
by vbat99
(0 downloads) Wed
10:24 AM

Movie - Fix logic rescrape actors to get correct actor source.
so next release with have that fix in place.

As for Farant.TV artwork, I just checked with the option to save as <moviename>-artwork.extn, and it seems MC is saving it as both
fanart.jpg

Will have to check what the heck is going on.
BTW, Artwork Automator, has that been updated to support <moviename>-artwork ??

Thanks for having a look. I don't think artwork downloader has been updated yet.
Found another little glitch. All the artwork from fanart.tv seems to be getting scraped, but, only the set artwork is showing in MC.
Damn, it'll be that option for <moviename>-artwork that I added.

Will have a look.
Just when you think....Smile
Oops, seems I missing one location to change the naming of Fanart.TV saved images if we are naming as
<moviename>-artwork.extn
Right in the section that downloads and saves the artwork when scraping or re-scraping a movie.

Fix in place for next release.
how do we get the media info of .Iso bluray file? can media companion scan this format or just MKV?
thanks