Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Miracles I can do, the impossible takes a little longer.
(2016-02-12, 16:19)bobrap Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks, Rob. No big deal on the sorting. Guess I'll just stick with selecting drives from the folders tab. Thanks again for your work.

Wanted to ask a question and I think this may have been addressed before. Can the screenshot module that is used in TV be adapted for movies? I have a few movies that have no fanart. Thanks.

Hi, Rob. Thought I'd bug you one more time in case you missed this. Also, is adjusting the size of the movie side to fit the screen still a no go? I can' believe I'm the only one running 1920x1080 on a TV and MC won't doesn't fit properly. No big deal, just figured if I bug you with one thing, might as well make it two! Big GrinTongue
(2016-02-16, 17:14)bobrap Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-02-12, 16:19)bobrap Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks, Rob. No big deal on the sorting. Guess I'll just stick with selecting drives from the folders tab. Thanks again for your work.

Wanted to ask a question and I think this may have been addressed before. Can the screenshot module that is used in TV be adapted for movies? I have a few movies that have no fanart. Thanks.

Hi, Rob. Thought I'd bug you one more time in case you missed this. Also, is adjusting the size of the movie side to fit the screen still a no go? I can' believe I'm the only one running 1920x1080 on a TV and MC won't doesn't fit properly. No big deal, just figured if I bug you with one thing, might as well make it two! Big GrinTongue

I think I can add screenshot to Movies for Fanart. Will try for the next release.....when I can get access to the codebase again.

As for
Quote:Also, is adjusting the size of the movie side to fit the screen still a no go
Not sure what you mean. I run a 1080p monitor and MC does fit, but suspect your meaning something in the adjustment of some panels
(2016-02-16, 18:53)vbat99 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-02-16, 17:14)bobrap Wrote: [ -> ]

I think I can add screenshot to Movies for Fanart. Will try for the next release.....when I can get access to the codebase again.

As for
Quote:Also, is adjusting the size of the movie side to fit the screen still a no go
Not sure what you mean. I run a 1080p monitor and MC does fit, but suspect your meaning something in the adjustment of some panels

I think we went over this before. I run 1920x1080 native res on a win 10 system to a 60" LG tv. This is what I see in movies. Bottom of poster and fanart cut off. Display media over fanart is ticked on.

TV seems ok:

You have a higher dpi setting, than normal, which is understandable on a 60" screen, but unfortunately, Media Companion doesn't support High DPI.

And, even more unfortunate, a full re-code is required to change MC from a WinForm design to WPF design.
You'll see in your image of the Movie section, the plot and outline have shifted upwards, and these are over the mediainfo icons.

I will have to look at the Design of the Movie browser tab, see if anything can be done to auto-resize the images.
(2016-02-17, 05:02)vbat99 Wrote: [ -> ]You have a higher dpi setting, than normal, which is understandable on a 60" screen, but unfortunately, Media Companion doesn't support High DPI.

And, even more unfortunate, a full re-code is required to change MC from a WinForm design to WPF design.
You'll see in your image of the Movie section, the plot and outline have shifted upwards, and these are over the mediainfo icons.

I will have to look at the Design of the Movie browser tab, see if anything can be done to auto-resize the images.

That's all I can ask. Thanks.
Users of Media Companion who are noticing a failure to scrape Movies with the XBMC TMDB scraper, please replace the tmdb.xml file in the following location, with this new version.

{mediacompanion folder} \Assets\scrapers\metadata.themoviedb.org\

When access to the Media Companion codebase is restored, I will be creating a new release with this fix.

Thank you, and apologies for no new release for this week. Codeplex, the site that hold Media Companion Code, is having difficulties after a server software update.
Hello,

I was able to try out the new version, and it does seem to work better with music videos, although I only had a few to test. I will see if I can test some more this weekend. There is still a problem with some videos in that it will not generate a screen shot for them. The other small issue is that when you use the enter or up & down arrow keys to move the selection up in the video list on the left, the right side of the UI does not update to reflect the new selected video. You must always click it with your mouse. Kinda inconvenient when wanting to browse thru all the videos.

Thanks for the great work!

thx
(2016-02-19, 02:42)leejk Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,

I was able to try out the new version, and it does seem to work better with music videos, although I only had a few to test. I will see if I can test some more this weekend. There is still a problem with some videos in that it will not generate a screen shot for them. The other small issue is that when you use the enter or up & down arrow keys to move the selection up in the video list on the left, the right side of the UI does not update to reflect the new selected video. You must always click it with your mouse. Kinda inconvenient when wanting to browse thru all the videos.

Thanks for the great work!

thx

Those video's that won't create a screenshot, I might need to get a copy of one, so I can figure out what is not happening correctly. Can you PM me either a link to a download, or upload one so I can test.

And yep, I know about the Up/Down on keyboard, I'll look into that also.
(2016-02-19, 03:46)vbat99 Wrote: [ -> ]Those video's that won't create a screenshot, I might need to get a copy of one, so I can figure out what is not happening correctly. Can you PM me either a link to a download, or upload one so I can test.

Unfortunately I'm not sure how I can send you a video file... they're about 60mb. It seems to be a random issue, meaning that 2 videos of the same codec format work differently; one it will capture a screenshot but not the other. Both playback fine.
(2016-02-20, 22:11)leejk Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-02-19, 03:46)vbat99 Wrote: [ -> ]Those video's that won't create a screenshot, I might need to get a copy of one, so I can figure out what is not happening correctly. Can you PM me either a link to a download, or upload one so I can test.

Unfortunately I'm not sure how I can send you a video file... they're about 60mb. It seems to be a random issue, meaning that 2 videos of the same codec format work differently; one it will capture a screenshot but not the other. Both playback fine.

There has to be something slightly different about them...
I'd suggest either Dropbox or Google Drive, and pm me the link.

I'll also look at ffmpeg, which MC uses to get the screenshot. There may be an update that fixes the issue, but a sample would be appreciated.
I'm getting this when I'm performing a re-scrape for any movie.
Code:
Scraping Title: A Beautiful Mind
Using TMDB : 453
- ERROR! - Rescrape TMDB body with refs "A Beautiful Mind", "2001", "453"
Yes, there will be a new release very soon with the fix for the TMDB scraping issue.
GREAT! *2 thumbs up*
New Release.

Media Companion 3.643b

New:
- Nothing new in this release, bug fix

Fixed:
  • MC Export to Kodi Format - Rework all routines, catching empty values, and cleaning code.
    After deliberation, Update mediainfo.dll to ver 0.7.82.0.
  • MC - Update ffmpeg.exe.
  • Movie - rework on MovieSet code, to ensure no duplicates in moviesetcache file, and keep scraped collection data.
  • Movie - Exclude folder wasn't working on Refresh, only on Scrape.
  • Movie - Fix XBMC TMDb scraping.

And, Please, if you experience any crashes, post up an Issue on Media Companion's site

Feedback would be appreciated.

Download Link for MC 3.643b x86 & MC 3.643b x64

Revision History