Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2016-04-06, 18:48)bobrap Wrote: [ -> ]Hate to butt in, but, I think maybe Ronnie was asking about renaming TV series with the articles at the end. If not the case, tell me to go away. Tongue

Don't mind at all. I know the Common setting (visual in MC only) work for TV and Movies.

But MC isn't set to rename TV Series folders, and the episode renaming doesn't incorporate moving articles.
@bobrap had the right of it. Was wondering about the auto renaming of TV Series folders. Didn't even think that could pose an issue in the whole episode scraping. Not a big deal, curiosity got the better of me.
(2016-04-07, 00:38)RonnieG3 Wrote: [ -> ]@bobrap had the right of it. Was wondering about the auto renaming of TV Series folders. Didn't even think that could pose an issue in the whole episode scraping. Not a big deal, curiosity got the better of me.

Thing to remember is once the Series has been scraped, the correct TVDb ID is allocated to the tvshow.nfo within the Series folder.
So you can name or rename the series folder manually. If you do change it, MC won't find the folder again, so will ask if you want to remove it from MC's list of separate folder.
A simple click of Check Roots for new Series will bring back the Series in MC, and MC won't rescrape it as it contains a tvshow.nfo already.

It was asked to rename the TV Series folder, and possible Season Folders, but I am a bit reluctant. I definitely would not allow for Automatic renaming. So it is something that may come into Media Companion later down the track.
Little problem here. For some reason MC renames the TV show episodes, but with altered capitalizations; for example, "House of Cards (US)" would become "House Of Cards (Us)".

Does regex have anything to do with this? If so, how can I fix it?

Anyways, great media manager. Blows E*ber easily.
Regex doesn't affect the renaming, that is only for how to get season and episode numbers.

Will take a look, as I recall I fixed this for movies some time back.
Actually, which is preferred, Of or of?
Initially I thought so too. Changing the regexes does not yield anything. "of" and "(US)" are preferred.
Does MC support moving files across drives?
Say I want to move highest-rated 250 movies that are scattered across C, D, and E drive to F drive.
How can I achieve this?

- No sub-folder for each movie
- Many movies have external subtitle files
- Use a central Actor thumb folder and a central Movie Set Artwork folder
(2016-04-10, 21:12)tars Wrote: [ -> ]Does MC support moving files across drives?
Say I want to move highest-rated 250 movies that are scattered across C, D, and E drive to F drive.
How can I achieve this?

- No sub-folder for each movie
- Many movies have external subtitle files
- Use a central Actor thumb folder and a central Movie Set Artwork folder

No, MC does not support moving movies between root folders, or different drives.
For one, I, and I mean MediaCompanion in this, do not want to be responsible for loss of data, which can occur.
Two, how is MC to know which root folder or drive the movie belongs to.
Three, It's not MC's responsibility to organise or re-arrange files.

Media Companion is a Scraper for XBMC/Kodi first and foremost, with some folder and file renaming functions. Moving of Movies across Root Movie Folders will not be incorporated into Media Companion.

Not sure what you are asking in regards to No sub-folders for each movie
I use to be of mind that keeping all movies in the Root movie folder, not in their own sub-folder, was a good thing.
But, I found two issues.
1. So many movies in one folder, really slowed down Media Companion during scraping for new movies, as well as general operation.
Once each movie had it's own sub-folder, MC runs blazing quick.
2. Scrolling down through five or six hundred movies in Explorer was a real pain in the a$$

?? Many movies have external subtitle files. Huh

Use a central Actor thumb folder and a central Movie Set Artwork folder
Already possible. Just set up the actors in Preferences -> General & Common -> Actors tab.

Central MovieSet artwork folder, Preferences -> Movie Preferences -> Artwork tab.
Thanks for clarifying it! (The last three lines were merely descriptions of how my movie files are currently organized)
I understand the risk, but still hoping it could be considered as a future feature as movie organizer.
Print a list, check each filename and move one by one doesn't look something tempting to do.
(2016-04-11, 22:38)ifsnop Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-04-11, 21:29)vbat99 Wrote: [ -> ]Did you run full mediacompanion or mc-com -m?

Full mediacompanion means you can check, confirm the correct movie was scraped. Change it if not.

I would be interest in getting the filename so get can test and possibly reduce the chance of returning the incorrect movie.

Hi vbat99,

I ran full media companion. If better, we could move this discussion to the MC forums, but long story short, MC messes when the name has UTF-8 characters like accented vowels.

mc accented search - snapshot

Code:
El último hombre... vivo (1971) Charlton Heston, Anthony Zerbe, Rosalind Cash, Paul Koslo, Lincoln Kilpatrick.dual.subs.mkv

Right. I may have had a break-through on this.
Just for reference, this issue has been around for quite some time.

I have it now that MC shows the correct filename in the Change Movie tab. See Image.
Now that I have corrected this, I am going to look at how we get the info from IMDB. If I am right, the same fix for Change Movie, may also correct scraping of movies from IMDB.

Another FYI, I scraped the movie correctly from TheMovieDb every attempt, even when I changed the selected language to "es" or as "en".
I also noticed that IMDB had major issues with the full filename as you presented.
El último hombre... vivo (1971) Charlton Heston, Anthony Zerbe, Rosalind Cash, Paul Koslo, Lincoln Kilpatrick.dual.subs.mkv
But when shortened to
El último hombre... vivo (1971).mkv it was successful.

So for the next release, I hope to have better success with scraping with accented characters.

Apologies for the glitch that caused your Kodi library issue.
(2016-04-10, 04:51)peregrine Wrote: [ -> ]Initially I thought so too. Changing the regexes does not yield anything. "of" and "(US)" are preferred.

Best I can do was correct the case change from (US) to (Us). It will stay as (US). Seems an issue with .Net code to exclude words like of, and, or etc from being title-cased.
You mean, from (Us) to (US)? Alright, I guess I'll have to find another way to rename the files heheh.
(2016-04-12, 01:26)vbat99 Wrote: [ -> ]So for the next release, I hope to have better success with scraping with accented characters.

Apologies for the glitch that caused your Kodi library issue.

NP, I don't think MC has to be foolproof. Mostly because I sometimes can also make mistakes when renaming files, and MC will use the filename for scrapping. On the other hand, Kodi should detect when nfo files change, and re-parse them (IMHO).
New Release.

Media Companion 3.649b
It's been a while, but finally I have resolved issues users have been advising us of.
One new feature worth mentioning is the Movie and TV artwork tabs. Fanart, Posters and Fanart.TV
These have been altered to put downloading and displaying of preview images into background threads. What this means is, no more waiting for all artwork to download. No further freezing of Media Companion during loading of these tabs and their images.
To Note:
  • Users can click the __"ESC"__ key to halt download of Preview images.
  • Pressing F5 on either Movie or TV Fanart tabs, will reload the artwork - in essence, finishing loading if the user interrupted. (Movie or Tv Poster tabs, just click the next then preview buttons to reload the images.)
  • Selecting an image and clicking Save, will halt the background download of images. Same as Leaving the Tab, will halt downloading of the images.

So, here are the changes so far..
New:
  • MC - Downgrade Mediainfo dll to version 0.7.81.0. Report if any regression in stream details scraped.
  • Movie - Add option to not delete custom folder.jpg image during autoscrape artwork.
  • Movie & TV - Completed background threads for loading of preview Fanart, Poster and Fanart.Tv artwork.

Fixed:
  • TV - Fix removing Year if nfo year value is zero.
  • TV - Fix if Premier date, but year is zero, correct year value.
  • TV - Fix removal of series title from episode filename if series title is a number, ie: 24..
  • TV - Fix incorrect option for toggling stream detail info.
  • TV - Improve Episode scraping speed (minor).
  • TV - Improve renaming of episodes with correct titlecase of Series name.
  • TV - Catch multipart episode filename is not a multipart, still save first part.
  • TV - Update series.xml if older than 5 days, not 14 days.
  • TV - Episode thumbnail fall back to tvdb if not in series.xml.
  • TV - Rescrape episode thumb to also fallback to tvdb if not in series.xml file.
  • Movie - Load Fanart tab images in multiple backgroundworkers. Improve loading of preview images.
  • Movie - Load Poster tab images into backgroundworkers.
  • Movie - Fix Posters Tab from IMDb and IMPA. Disabled MPDB as requires login credentials.
  • Movie - Improve support for UTF-8 Characters in Movie filenames.
  • Movie - If Batch Rescrape, do not overwrite tagline if scraped tagline is empty.

And, Please, if you experience any crashes, post up an Issue on Media Companion's site

Feedback would be appreciated.

Download Link for MC 3.649b x86 & MC 3.649b x64

Revision History