Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2015-11-17, 09:10)MANswers Wrote: [ -> ]also, do i hit "batch rescrape" in the movies dropdown menu?
Cos if i do that, and i choose all that i want to rescrape, it still adds multiple studio's to the nfo, i have already choosen the the option you mentioned under Movie Preferences -> Scraper Tab to just add one studio entry to the nfo.

Damn, that may be a bug. I'll have to check the Rescrape routine to be sure. My development PC is tied up at this time. I'll check it out and let you know as soon as. May be able to get you a test build to clean up the studio's tomorrow.
ok cool that be awesome, i was also going to drop dead crazy, its 1.30 in chicago, and have to wake up for work tomorrow. Sad
cya thanks for helping on this.

oh and yes I tried the batch rescrape again wtih 25 movies, and this time it crashed, let me get you a screenshot of the error.
Send it via PM if you want. And it early evening, 8.30 pm here in New Zealand.
Hmmm, just did quick test on spare PC, with Media Companion 3.631b x86, and selecting only one studio, batch rescrape over 8 movies, and only one Studio was populated.
Tried with IMDB and XBMC TMDB Scraper.

Changed Max Studio's to two, and only about three movies scraped with Two studios, others remained on one.

So, what's different? Strange we're getting different results.
here's the error that i get when i try to batch rescrape the movies

falling dead asleep now, lets pickup tomorrow from here.
hey and again thanks for looking and helping out pal.
No Prob, go get some zzzzzz's. I'll look at the above error, it should have been caught cleanly probably missing something.
(2015-11-17, 09:40)vbat99 Wrote: [ -> ]No Prob, go get some zzzzzz's. I'll look at the above error, it should have been caught cleanly probably missing something.

just sent you a pm
New Release.

Media Companion 3.635b, 32 & 64 bit builds

With a bump in build number, this release of Media Companion now supports Music Video's.

Not to be mistaken with Concert DVD's, Music Video's are single Video's such as from MTV, or you tube.( FYI, Concert DVD's are supported under Movies in Media Companion and Kodi)

The delay in getting this build out was due to the updating of Media Companion's Wiki Documents. All sections, Movie, TV, Home Movie and the addition of Music Video have been updated to reflect all the changes to Media Companion. If Users need to figure out how to or what MC can do, please head to our Wiki Documents page and browse through. I am certain there will be a feature shown that you didn't know about.

So, What's up with Music Video's.
Music Video's can be scraped from one of three sources.
Wikipedia, IMVDB or TheAudioDb. This is the User's choice, as each site has it's Pro's and Con's.
Once Scraped, Music Videos are displayed similar to Movies, with some of the same filter options.

Note: Music Video function of Media Companion is still being fine-tuned, and improved. Any issues or suggestions, please post on Media Companions Issues or Discussions pages, where topics can be better followed up and talked about without getting lost in these Forum pages.

Please, check the Documentation pages for more precise information.

New:

Fixed:
  • Movie - Fix logic rescrape actors to get correct actor source.
  • Movie - Fix scrape/rescrape fanart.tv artwork naming.
  • Movie - Update TMDB scraper after api changes.
  • TV - Fix episode regex remove anything in round or square brackets.
  • TV - Improvement to TreeView updating by KHismoom.
  • HomeMovie - Fix Poster Screenshot function.
  • MC - Tools - Clean Cache functions, split cache and series as separate possible options.
  • MC - All nfo's should be saved UTF-8 without BOM.
  • MC - Fix if incorrect x86 x64 mediainfo dll with project
  • MC - Oops windows always on Top.
  • MC - Alter data returned getting Stream details from ISO's.
  • MC - Updated MediaInfo.dll's
  • mc_com.exe - update mc_com.exe to save as UTF8 without BOM.

And, Please, if you experience any crashes, post up an Issue on Media Companion's site

Feedback would be appreciated.

Download Link for MC 3.635b x86 & MC 3.635b x64

Revision History

Edit Didn't include the correct mc_com.exe with the x86 build. Please D/L from here for x86 and x64 builds
Thanks for the update Smile
wow this is cool ... thanks for your work

is it possible to use for filename a url to videostream?

so i dont need to have all musicvideos on my NAS but could make a big videolist from all sources like youtube, vimeo and so on?
(2015-11-30, 11:07)Romek_original Wrote: [ -> ]wow this is cool ... thanks for your work

is it possible to use for filename a url to videostream?

so i dont need to have all musicvideos on my NAS but could make a big videolist from all sources like youtube, vimeo and so on?

Believe you can create a .strm text file containing the url. Name the file with the artist and the title and that should be what your after.

The .strm file is read by Kodi and the url is played.
Apologies to all users of Media Companion for a glitch introduced into mc_com.exe

I introduced a bug causing mc_com.exe to not save episode scraped data to the nfo. Users are left with a 1kb empty nfo.

Please visit MC download page, and you will find separate download links for both x86 and x64 builds of mc_com.exe. Download and replace the one in MC 3.635b.

Again. Sorry for the trouble.
Hi,

Looks like the new build has an introduced bug regarding encoding nfo files while scraping movies. Lots of characters get rendered illegible. Reverting back to the previous build resolved the issue.
(2015-12-02, 15:45)tars Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

Looks like the new build has an introduced bug regarding encoding nfo files while scraping movies. Lots of characters get rendered illegible. Reverting back to the previous build resolved the issue.

Damn it.

Thanks for head's up.

Will do a new release in a few hours and revert my xml saving changes.