Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2024-01-01, 09:43)artistwantab1 Wrote: [ -> ]Got it...

To be honest I don't even use KODI.   This program does everything I need for sorting our movies.  

About the only thing is I wish it could tell me is the resolution of the trailers.   I find can find better ones once I find out the auto scraper downloaded poor ones but I sure wish I could tell the resolution of the past trailers in the system.

Sorry, MC doesn't gather any data on the trailers.
DISREGARD>>>... somehow the folders of the unscanable movies had the file extension in the title... example the folder was named 'New Movie (2023).mkv
All is good :-)

I just scanned in 11 new movies... this popped up about 6 times... I just kept clicking ok

Then when it was finished I had 3 movies that it won't scrape... sort of
It scrapes the art for them + actors, extra art... but does not create an NFO.

Running the latest version... and even reinstalled anyway. Still wont scrape the same 3 movies.

So I have multiple folders for my media... basically as had drives get filled up another folder is born. I have 3 folders for movies. Is there a way for me to scan a single folder for new movies instead of scanning my full library every time? Same question for TV shows.
(2024-01-05, 02:27)huttdes Wrote: [ -> ]So I have multiple folders for my media... basically as had drives get filled up another folder is born. I have 3 folders for movies. Is there a way for me to scan a single folder for new movies instead of scanning my full library every time? Same question for TV shows.

First, glad you found the issue with the extension in the folder name.

As for scan single folder, right click the Search button, and you can scan a specific root movie or tv folder.
(2024-01-05, 09:03)vbat99 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2024-01-05, 02:27)huttdes Wrote: [ -> ]So I have multiple folders for my media... basically as had drives get filled up another folder is born. I have 3 folders for movies. Is there a way for me to scan a single folder for new movies instead of scanning my full library every time? Same question for TV shows.

First, glad you found the issue with the extension in the folder name.

As for scan single folder, right click the Search button, and you can scan a specific root movie or tv folder.
That should have been something obvious to try but I guess I never thought of it, LOL.

Thank you much  :-)
You could also run multiple instances of MediaCompanion at the same time.

I have one for my full catalog and one for new movies.   All new movies get moved to the new folder and scraped and once everything looks exactly the way I want it to look I move the movie to my full catalog folders.  Then just refresh catalog.
(2024-01-05, 22:32)artistwantab1 Wrote: [ -> ]You could also run multiple instances of MediaCompanion at the same time.

I have one for my full catalog and one for new movies.   All new movies get moved to the new folder and scraped and once everything looks exactly the way I want it to look I move the movie to my full catalog folders.  Then just refresh catalog.

I like that idea... I'll be utilizing that. Thanks!
(2024-01-05, 22:32)artistwantab1 Wrote: [ -> ]You could also run multiple instances of MediaCompanion at the same time.

You could also set up different profiles, which is what I do.
Hey everyone,

I am new to this program and everything is working except the trailers.  I checked the forum and all I can find about trailers wasn't recent so I am not sure my issue applies.  I think I have it set up wrong.

Out of 65 movies it found 4 trailers.

No trailer scrape on the latest mission impossible movie which leads me to believe I have something wrong because that trailer is everywhere.

Help.
Maybe this will help.

Keeps saying "zero length trailer deleted"

Anything I can try?
(2024-01-11, 06:59)newUser99 Wrote: [ -> ]Hey everyone,

I am new to this program and everything is working except the trailers.  I checked the forum and all I can find about trailers wasn't recent so I am not sure my issue applies.  I think I have it set up wrong.

Out of 65 movies it found 4 trailers.

No trailer scrape on the latest mission impossible movie which leads me to believe I have something wrong because that trailer is everywhere.

Help.

MC uses a 3rd party download helper called yt-dlp_x86.exe, this program is in the Media Companion sub folder Assets
This program may need to be updated, which there is a file yt-dlp source.txt within the Assets folder, with the command to update the program. The command must be run from DOS windows, inside the Assets folder.
eg: If Media Companion is extracted to
D:\_MC\Media Companion 3.762b x86
drop to a dos window and change to this folder D:\_MC\Media Companion 3.762b x86\Assets and run
yt-dlp_x86.exe --update
This should hopefully improve downloading of trailers.

Please note, trailers are very finicky at best.
That made all the difference in the world.

One last question....

When a new version of media companion becomes available do I need to run the update again?  Or...How often do I update this?
(2024-01-15, 00:49)newUser99 Wrote: [ -> ]That made all the difference in the world.

One last question....

When a new version of media companion becomes available do I need to run the update again?  Or...How often do I update this?

Media Companion will come out with the latest versions of 3rd party helpers. As for how often to update the youtube helper, they seem to release twice a month, but usually only need to update if you see issues.
When it comes to trailers I'll let MC3 try and check to see if I'm satisfied... if not I just go to YouTube and download directly.
Of if it's a disc I ripped myself many times there is a trailer included with all the extra stuff.
Hi everyone, I would assign a custom tag, i.e. "My Top 250 IMDB", to all the movies in the library that are in the IMDB 250 list.

To do this, after having scraped the property "Top 250" for all the movies, I apply the filter "In Top250" in the "General" filter option so in the "Main Browser" I get only the movie with Top250 >0, let's say they are 20 for example.

Then I select all the 20 filtered movies and go to the "Tags" tab where I can see the "Multi-Selected Movies" flag in red; here I add the custom tag "My Top 250 IMDB" and click on "Save selected Tag(s) to Movies(s)".

MC3 apply my custom tag to a total of 20 movies but the problem is that they are not the filtered movies, instead they are the first 20 movies in the library, no matter which filter is selected.

Do you confirm this bug and, in case, is it possible to fix it ?
Thanks