Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2013-01-21, 05:48)fma965 Wrote: [ -> ]Hmm, so your saying that bug has happened before? Will take another look tomorrow since got plenty of time free currently, if I don't fix it then I skip it and finish the rest, adding frodo support isn't hard but it is time consuming.
Maybe; or it could have been something else I've worked on - it's hard to keep track. If you can solve it, that would be grand!
(2013-01-21, 05:48)fma965 Wrote: [ -> ]So what plans are there for media companion?
There are no real plans that I know of. I have a couple of ideas of what I would like to do, but most time is spent with bug fixes. Most new stuff is added by newcomers like yourself.
(2013-01-21, 05:48)fma965 Wrote: [ -> ]Also what do you mean by ui merging issues?
He he, you'll find out!
The form designer .vb and .resx files tends to differ considerably between systems, OSs, and Visual Studio versions, so what one person submits will be re-written by VS when somebody else works on UI. There is no (practical) way of merging the files directly, so we found the easiest way is for one dev to work on UI stuff at a time. That is why it is so important to rebase before submitting patches. For example, if I had made some changes to the UI and delivered this weekend, then you delivered tomorrow, then most likely my changes would be lost, and I would be annoyed. If I had made changes, and you rebased before delivering, then you would have to figure out how best to merge those changes, and it probably wouldn't go smoothly!
We're not the only project to have this problem, so I'd like to hear how others solve this!
(2013-01-21, 08:25)HueyHq Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-01-21, 05:48)fma965 Wrote: [ -> ]Hmm, so your saying that bug has happened before? Will take another look tomorrow since got plenty of time free currently, if I don't fix it then I skip it and finish the rest, adding frodo support isn't hard but it is time consuming.
Maybe; or it could have been something else I've worked on - it's hard to keep track. If you can solve it, that would be grand!
(2013-01-21, 05:48)fma965 Wrote: [ -> ]So what plans are there for media companion?
There are no real plans that I know of. I have a couple of ideas of what I would like to do, but most time is spent with bug fixes. Most new stuff is added by newcomers like yourself.
(2013-01-21, 05:48)fma965 Wrote: [ -> ]Also what do you mean by ui merging issues?
He he, you'll find out!
The form designer .vb and .resx files tends to differ considerably between systems, OSs, and Visual Studio versions, so what one person submits will be re-written by VS when somebody else works on UI. There is no (practical) way of merging the files directly, so we found the easiest way is for one dev to work on UI stuff at a time. That is why it is so important to rebase before submitting patches. For example, if I had made some changes to the UI and delivered this weekend, then you delivered tomorrow, then most likely my changes would be lost, and I would be annoyed. If I had made changes, and you rebased before delivering, then you would have to figure out how best to merge those changes, and it probably wouldn't go smoothly!
We're not the only project to have this problem, so I'd like to hear how others solve this!

Ok, well i am forking it and everything now, well once i work out how.
since i wasn't using mercurial before and i changed something at some point which made it only work everyother time u scan i will start again once more Big Grin with visualHG and my own fork.

EDIT: ok this bug is weird no idea how to fix it so Sad

EDIT: quick update on my status, this is the files it currently gets, it also gets season-all-banner and season-all-poster but for some reason needs the find missing art work to be pressed twice

i have literally no idea how to get seasonXX-fanart working... some one else can work that out,

seasons:
seasonxx-poster.jpg --done
seasonxx-banner.jpg --done
seasonxx-fanart.jpg --not done some else can do it

season-all-poster.jpg -- done (need to check for missing art work twice, working on fix)
season-all-banner.jpg -- done (need to check for missing art work twice, working on fix)
season-all-fanart.jpg -- done (uses same as fanart.jpg)

season-specials-poster.jpg -- done
season-specials-banner.jpg -- done
season-specials-fanart.jpg -- not done some else can do it

if a file is not avaliable on TheTVDB then it will not download it, hence why in the image above i have no season-specials-banner.jpg
And is this selectable via general preferences opton for pre-frodo, Frodo onwards etc?? ie: saves as season01.tbn if pre-frodo, and season01-poster.jpg frodo-onwards etc?
(2013-01-21, 19:59)vbat99 Wrote: [ -> ]And is this selectable via general preferences opton for pre-frodo, Frodo onwards etc?? ie: saves as season01.tbn if pre-frodo, and season01-poster.jpg frodo-onwards etc?

yes ofcourse Smile

although only on pre frodo and post frodo, it won't work if the option "both" is selected.
Sorry to be a pain in the arse (again!), but if you work on a fork (which is fine), it means that I will need to merge that fork into the main stream. Is this what you are wanting? It's fine by me is it is fine by you.
(2013-01-21, 21:03)HueyHq Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry to be a pain in the arse (again!), but if you work on a fork (which is fine), it means that I will need to merge that fork into the main stream. Is this what you are wanting? It's fine by me is it is fine by you.

tbh i have never really used source control of any kind although did do the basics in GIT... so what do you want me to do?
Just carry on!
When you are finished and have delivered to your fork, let me know and I'll go about merging it into the main stream.
(2013-01-21, 21:23)HueyHq Wrote: [ -> ]Just carry on!
When you are finished and have delivered to your fork, let me know and I'll go about merging it into the main stream.

ok gonna be a little while yet since i haven't done any of the ui changes or added ways to view the seasonxx-poster/banner.jpg etc.
No worries. I'll be here!
(2013-01-21, 21:26)HueyHq Wrote: [ -> ]No worries. I'll be here!

ok i do really want to fix that bug i keep mentioning before releasing it aswell, but not sure i can so will skip it (for now atleast).
(2013-01-21, 21:29)fma965 Wrote: [ -> ]

ok i do really want to fix that bug i keep mentioning before releasing it aswell, but not sure i can so will skip it (for now atleast).

So all we need now is you to upload to your fork. This is getting better and better. Frodo support soon.....
(2013-01-21, 22:27)vbat99 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-01-21, 21:29)fma965 Wrote: [ -> ]

So all we need now is you to upload to your fork. This is getting better and better. Frodo support soon.....

can you give me a hint on where the code that shows the season posters are? like i mean when on the main windows > tv show > american dad > season 1, where are the images read from? where is that code?

so uh yh on the image above where is the code that shows the image? i haven't looked yet but felt i may aswell ask.
edit: nvm found it.

edit: specials now show on gui Smile more progress being made, since i dont currently have a job, being 19years old and just finished college, i have plenty of time free Smile

EDIT: even more stuff working Smile seasonXX-poster/banner.jpg now showing in GUI
ok well i would edit my post but everytime i try i get "error: the message contains 7 images you are only allowed 6 even though i only count 3 :S

EDIT: ok just checked pre-frodo and it all seems to be working so thats always good Smile

Also here is a wise note for any one playing with this sourcecode, don't press CTRL + A on the main window form (form1 designer) it lags visual studio like a b**** and takes around 3 -10 minutes to unfreeze Big Grin , accidently pressed it a minute ago, my computer is a 6core , 8gb ram, so may be a lot worse for people with lower spec computers.
pokes head in thread - yippie , happy dance on more updates Smile
(2013-01-21, 23:21)strikervi Wrote: [ -> ]pokes head in thread - yippie , happy dance on more updates Smile

lmao, i think no media manager currently supports frodo properly so lets make this one the first Smile

EDIT: love editing Big Grin , uh so what was i saying.... oh yeah, i think its ALMOST READY!!! apart from 2 issues, 1. the issue mentioned earlier and 2. none of the options for choosing which artwork you want are frodo compatible currenty, yeah i know quite a big second issue.

here is the changeset uploaded to my fork, don't add it to main official repo yet though as it has more work needed to be done, i guess you could add it to man as a alpha release or something if u want?

http://mediacompanion.codeplex.com/Sourc...de9dc9c992