Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I also have a new bug in 3.762.  I use the "home movie" feature to create nfo files.  The files are mkv container created by MKVToolNix GUI 77.0.  I use the new MKV element for audio track language BCP-47.  When I set that element to ja-JP, 3.762 sets the nfo streamdetails - audio - language to "Error".  In 3.760 and earlier this worked (gave "jpn")

scott s.
(2023-09-19, 03:21)scott967 Wrote: [ -> ]I also have a new bug in 3.762.  I use the "home movie" feature to create nfo files.  The files are mkv container created by MKVToolNix GUI 77.0.  I use the new MKV element for audio track language BCP-47.  When I set that element to ja-JP, 3.762 sets the nfo streamdetails - audio - language to "Error".  In 3.760 and earlier this worked (gave "jpn")

scott s.

Sorry to hear this, I originally thought it may have been an update of ffmpeg or mediainfo.dll but these were updated on MC 3.760.
We did some code changes for TMDb images, but nothing I cans see to do with getting Streamdetails.

Is there any change you can make a snippet of your video file and pm me a link so I can investigate further.
New Release.
Media Companion 3.763b
Date: 2023-09-28

Fixes and functionality changes for this release.

Changes:
  • TV - Display image language if present on Poster tab, TMDB Thumb tab.
  • TV - Episode add DateAdded node to nfo, and options of set by Scrape Date, Episode Aired Date, or by Video file Create Date.
  • TV - fix dateadded if aired date is empty revert to scrape date.
  • Movie - language fix for TMDb images.
  • Movie - Fix rare bug in preferences that could cause an Oops.
  • Movie - Fixed MetaCritic data from IMDb.
  • Movie - Improve Poster tab layout by preferred language posters first, sorted by Votes, then fallback language and finally no language images.
  • Movie - Fix type and also Sorting Separate Movie Identifier when scraping.
  • Movie - Fix bug messing date added node if renaming movie folder during scrape.

And, Please, if you experience any crashes, create a Ticket on Media Companion's SourceForge site
Feedback would be appreciated.

Download Link for MC 3.763b x86 & x64

Revision History
I am having an issue with trailers.  It keeps saying zero length trailer deleted...

Sometimes it leave a ".file" as an unfinished trailers.

Not sure what happened but I am having like a 10% scrape rate on trailers now.

Any idea what is happening or if there is a work around other then downloading each trailer individually.
(2023-09-19, 11:14)vbat99 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2023-09-19, 03:21)scott967 Wrote: [ -> ]I also have a new bug in 3.762.  I use the "home movie" feature to create nfo files.  The files are mkv container created by MKVToolNix GUI 77.0.  I use the new MKV element for audio track language BCP-47.  When I set that element to ja-JP, 3.762 sets the nfo streamdetails - audio - language to "Error".  In 3.760 and earlier this worked (gave "jpn")

scott s.

Sorry to hear this, I originally thought it may have been an update of ffmpeg or mediainfo.dll but these were updated on MC 3.760.
We did some code changes for TMDb images, but nothing I cans see to do with getting Streamdetails.

Is there any change you can make a snippet of your video file and pm me a link so I can investigate further.

Sent PM with link to sample BBB video
(2023-10-04, 06:20)artistwantab1 Wrote: [ -> ]I am having an issue with trailers.  It keeps saying zero length trailer deleted...

Sometimes it leave a ".file" as an unfinished trailers.

Not sure what happened but I am having like a 10% scrape rate on trailers now.

Any idea what is happening or if there is a work around other then downloading each trailer individually.

Have you tried to manually update the yt-dlp_x86 helper program?
Look in MC folder, Assets folder, instruction are in the yt-dlp source.txt file, you will need to run the command from prompt, in the asset folder.
(2023-10-05, 00:17)scott967 Wrote: [ -> ]

scott s.

Thank you, have downloaded and confirmed the same result.

I'll look into this over the weekend. Cheers.
(2023-10-05, 00:17)scott967 Wrote: [ -> ]

scott s.

found the issue, your language string is returning Japanese (JP), when we are just looking for the Japanese part.
Patch in place to accept both returned responses.

Will be in the next release.
Thought I would mention a bug.

Under "use rating" if you enter it at 5.7 it shows up as 0.  If you put it 5 then it shows up as 5.   It seems it wont let you use any user rating other then a single digit.

I like the user rating feature.
(2023-12-11, 02:55)artistwantab1 Wrote: [ -> ]Thought I would mention a bug.

Under "use rating" if you enter it at 5.7 it shows up as 0.  If you put it 5 then it shows up as 5.   It seems it wont let you use any user rating other then a single digit.

User rating is from 1 to 10. No decimal places.
Rating can have 1 decimal place, as it is an average rating.
(2023-12-14, 10:19)vbat99 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2023-12-11, 02:55)artistwantab1 Wrote: [ -> ]Thought I would mention a bug.

User rating is from 1 to 10. No decimal places.
Rating can have 1 decimal place, as it is an average rating.
Let me make sure we are talking about the same thing.

Rating...the rating that pulls from IMDB.com.  

Then you have "USER RATE"  That is a ONE rating and as a family we rate the move and plug in the info.

If we put down 6.9 is comes up as 0.  

So we tried entering 6 save it and then entering 7 and saving figuring it would say 6.5 but now it only shows the last rating of 7.

Am I missing something?
Yes.  Kodi stores user rating in the database as an integer and internally max is 10.  I suppose it could be modified to go up to 100 but I think most users find 0-10 sufficient.

However, you can add new floating point "ratings" from any source (rating_type), I guess you would need to hand edit an nfo or MC could provide a UI for it.  But Kodi UI generally only shows a default rating except in the info dialog, though skins could probably improve this through helper addons (not sure if any do).

I did a hack of addon "script.user.rating" that provides a popup dialog which I modded to enter ratings for 2 rating_types I created (video and audio so I could rate each separately) but that addon was based on the 0-10 scale.  So you would need to work around that (maybe something like a slider).

scott s.
(2023-12-25, 02:44)scott967 Wrote: [ -> ]Yes.  Kodi stores user rating in the database as an integer and internally max is 10.  I suppose it could be modified to go up to 100 but I think most users find 0-10 sufficient.

However, you can add new floating point "ratings" from any source (rating_type), I guess you would need to hand edit an nfo or MC could provide a UI for it.  But Kodi UI generally only shows a default rating except in the info dialog, though skins could probably improve this through helper addons (not sure if any do).

I did a hack of addon "script.user.rating" that provides a popup dialog which I modded to enter ratings for 2 rating_types I created (video and audio so I could rate each separately) but that addon was based on the 0-10 scale.  So you would need to work around that (maybe something like a slider).

scott s.
I just realized I didn't give you all the relevant information.

When you sort under "user rated" everything shows up as "0" that was rated with a decimal. 

in example 6.4 instead of 6

When you go to the movie is still shows as 6.4 but 0 in the sort feature.   I hope that helps.
(2023-12-25, 03:13)artistwantab1 Wrote: [ -> ]I just realized I didn't give you all the relevant information.

When you sort under "user rated" everything shows up as "0" that was rated with a decimal. 

in example 6.4 instead of 6

When you go to the movie is still shows as 6.4 but 0 in the sort feature.   I hope that helps.

OK, So I can look at the sort routine, but as you are setting the User Rated outside of Kodi normal values, you still won't be able to set anything but a whole number value in Media Companion.
Got it...

To be honest I don't even use KODI.   This program does everything I need for sorting our movies.  

About the only thing is I wish it could tell me is the resolution of the trailers.   I find can find better ones once I find out the auto scraper downloaded poor ones but I sure wish I could tell the resolution of the past trailers in the system.