Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2017-02-06, 17:41)kaczy44 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

Is there any option to turn off episode thumbs downloading while scraping new episodes for tv shows ?

There wasn't, but the next release there will be.
(2017-02-04, 23:15)bobrap Wrote: [ -> ]Not to worry...enjoy the long weekend! Thanks.

I just tested with your nfo's and using those same filenames for scraping.
With IMDb scraper, I am not getting an issue with MC3.670b.
All 8 titles scraped correctly with correct year and all the data.

Did you try with a clean extract of MC3.670b?
(2017-02-03, 19:54)bobrap Wrote: [ -> ]Hey, Rob,

Just tried the TV side and it seems IMDB strikes again. Some episodes with a number in the title (Madam Secretary - S02E22 - Render Safe (2).nfo) generate this error:

Called with: [stage: 22b5a13]

System.InvalidCastException: Conversion from string "" to type 'Boolean' is not valid. ---> System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ParseDouble(String Value, NumberFormatInfo NumberFormat)
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ToBoolean(String Value)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at Media_Companion.Form1.epGetImdbRatingOmdbapi(TvEpisode& ep)
at Media_Companion.Form1.GetEpRating(TvEpisode& tvep, String Rating, String Votes)
at Media_Companion.Form1.TV_EpisodeScraper(List`1 ListOfShows, Boolean manual)

Deselect Series and episode ratings and votes...episodes scrape correctly.
It's not number in the title causing this issue.
OMDBApi has been getting denial of service attacks. This message from their site
http://www.omdbapi.com/ Wrote:Attention Users!

02/04/17 - Error 503/The service is unavailable! I KNOW! I've been working throughout the night trying to track down the bot/script/attack causing this issue, it's not normal activity as someone decided it was a good idea to open over 50+ concurrent connections and spam 300+ million requests an hour. Unfortunately the majority of features available to me to prevent these sorts of attacks are browser security checks (which are currently enabled so you can read this message) this is only temporary as I'm aware it breaks the majority of API implementations. Sorry for the inconvenience and I'll be working nonstop to get this resolved ASAP.

Plus, when I try and manually get the data for the series Madam Secretary, it fails as if OMDBApi has no data.
And, I found a bug in my code which was the main cause of the Oops message. This will be fixed in the next release.
(2017-02-02, 04:34)vbat99 Wrote: [ -> ]IF you are seeing 24 of 159 movies, chances are a filter is narrowing down the number of movies to display.
Do one of the following:
1. Click the Reset Filters button
2. Right-click over the filters, and select Configure Movie Filters.
Then click the Check/Uncheck All button. This will leave just the General Filter displayed.
Click Done button and all 159 movies should now be displayed.

As for having <moviename>.nfo, but fanart.jpg and poster.jpg image. you need to do the following:
1. in Movie Preferences -> Scraper tab, ensure you have Use Folder Names for scraping or All Movies are in folders selected.
2. Un-select Basic Save Mode
3. Movie Preferences -> Artwork tab, Select Save as 'fanart.jpg' not as <moviename>-fanart.jpg
and also Save as 'poster.jpg' not as <moviename>-poster.jpg
Apply & close preferences.

I believe the last step is to select the Movies menu, and click on Rebuild movie nfo files which should convert from movie.nfo to <moviename>.nfo.

Hi,

I had to delete the nfo files, as it would not rename them on re-scrape. No problem tho. For some reason tho the re-scrape didn't match my movies very well. Not sure why tho it had no issue with them originally, as I think it only missed 3 matches before. Changing the setting you mentioned in step 1 from All Movies are in folders TO Use Folder Names for scraping seems to have improved it some, but still 30% were not matched. The ones not matched are all in the 2000 and up years, and it matched everyone of them to some Japanese film called "my neighbor totoro". I use media flags in my movie names if that matters. Is that normal tho for it to miss that many?

Scraping seems really slow today... it might take up to 40 seconds to just generate the nfo file, as I'm not downloading any artwork.

Also, is it possible to force it to not download flv trailers, or would I need to convert them myself to mp4?

thx
(2017-02-07, 05:00)leejk Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

I had to delete the nfo files, as it would not rename them on re-scrape. No problem tho. For some reason tho the re-scrape didn't match my movies very well. Not sure why tho it had no issue with them originally, as I think it only missed 3 matches before. Changing the setting you mentioned in step 1 from All Movies are in folders TO Use Folder Names for scraping seems to have improved it some, but still 30% were not matched. The ones not matched are all in the 2000 and up years, and it matched everyone of them to some Japanese film called "my neighbor totoro". Is that normal?

Also, is it possible to force it to not download flv trailers, or would I need to convert them myself to mp4?

thx

Depending on the naming, I would highly recommend using XBMC TMDb scraper instead of the MC IMDb scraper.
The issue occurs after many web requests to IMDb, that IMDB thinks it is a web attack, and therefore returns a default web page. MC scraper then searches this webpage for the first IMDB ID, and in your case it returns "my neighbor totoro". MC believes this is a match and carrys on scraping this data.

If you have clean filenames or folder names, ie: Moviename (year), then TMDb scraper is superior. Also, there are options to get certain data from IMDB depending on your preferences.

As for FLV trailers, I don't think there is anything in MC that would stop this...at this time.
Most FLV trailers are MP4 encoded files anyway.
What device are you using to play these on? Pi, PC, Kodibuntu box? Any of these should play FLV without flinching.
(2017-02-07, 05:13)vbat99 Wrote: [ -> ]Depending on the naming, I would highly recommend using XBMC TMDb scraper instead of the MC IMDb scraper.
The issue occurs after many web requests to IMDb, that IMDB thinks it is a web attack, and therefore returns a default web page. MC scraper then searches this webpage for the first IMDB ID, and in your case it returns "my neighbor totoro". MC believes this is a match and carrys on scraping this data.

If you have clean filenames or folder names, ie: Moviename (year), then TMDb scraper is superior. Also, there are options to get certain data from IMDB depending on your preferences.

As for FLV trailers, I don't think there is anything in MC that would stop this...at this time.
What device are you using to play these on? Pi, PC, Kodibuntu box? Any of these should play FLV without flinching.

Gotcha. I use "movie title (0000).bluray.mkv" naming scheme. I just started playing with TMDb scraper and it is super fast indeed. I also noticed what may be a bug: If using the default IMDb scraper, and if I use the manual re-scrape button, after the scrape finishes the movie title will disappear from the list. I will have to refresh the list to see it again. Using the TMDb scraper doesn't do this.

The plot info does seem more complete from the IMDb tho.

I use a combo of Plex and KODI, and I couldn't find if Plex officially supports that format, although it may still work. I'll probably just convert them then to be safe.

Is it possible to just scrape the English title and not the alternative titles, or rather just the english titles?

thx
(2017-02-07, 06:01)leejk Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-02-07, 05:13)vbat99 Wrote: [ -> ]Depending on the naming, I would highly recommend using XBMC TMDb scraper instead of the MC IMDb scraper.

Gotcha. I use "movie title (0000).bluray.mkv" naming scheme. I just started playing with TMDb scraper and it is super fast indeed. I also noticed what may be a bug: If using the default IMDb scraper, and if I use the manual re-scrape button, after the scrape finishes the movie title will disappear from the list. I will have to refresh the list to see it again. Using the TMDb scraper doesn't do this.

The plot info does seem more complete from the IMDb tho.

I use a combo of Plex and KODI, and I couldn't find if Plex officially supports that format, although it may still work. I'll probably just convert them then to be safe.

Is it possible to just scrape the English title and not the alternative titles, or rather just the english titles?

thx

"movie title (0000).bluray.mkv" is fine. MC looks from the start of the filename and stops at the year. Anything after the year is usually ignored for searching.

There are Plex tools to allow reading of Kodi nfo's, but I am not up with Plex.

As for English title only, you can disable Exclude adding Alternative titles ton fo in Movie Preferences -> General Tab. Left side under General Options.
(2017-02-06, 23:00)vbat99 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-02-04, 23:15)bobrap Wrote: [ -> ]Not to worry...enjoy the long weekend! Thanks.

Finally I was able to reproduce. And a fix is in place for the next release.
Just one more bug to fix and I will do a new release, by the end of this week if not sooner.
(2017-02-07, 09:32)vbat99 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-02-06, 23:00)vbat99 Wrote: [ -> ]

Finally I was able to reproduce. And a fix is in place for the next release.
Just one more bug to fix and I will do a new release, by the end of this week if not sooner.

You're my hero! Smile Hope your weekend was great. Thanks.

One little cosmetic change request. Could you put a line between the delete nfo and delete movie folder options. It would help my old eyes to make sure I hit the right option. Or an "Are you sure?" dialog maybe? Don't want to accidentally delete any more moviesBlush
Hello Rob,

I am getting back into cleaning up my music video collection, and found the following issues with Media Companion (latest version, 64-bit):

1. When doing "Search" for new music videos, I get "Index out of bounds"error.
2. Even though there is a poster for each of my music videos, with the correct naming (<name of the music video>-poster.jpg), which was actually updated with a previous version of MC, this version does not show it, and instead, shows the "poster.jpg" that is the music videos folder.
3. When I try to save a screenshot for a Music Video, it saves it as "fanart.jpg" in the music video folder, instead of <name of the music video>-fanart.jpg. I don't know if this has to do with the error I mentioned, since I had clicked to continue when I saw the error.

Thanks for looking into these.

Regards,

Bart
(2017-02-07, 17:21)bobrap Wrote: [ -> ]You're my hero! Smile Hope your weekend was great. Thanks.

One little cosmetic change request. Could you put a line between the delete nfo and delete movie folder options. It would help my old eyes to make sure I hit the right option. Or an "Are you sure?" dialog maybe? Don't want to accidentally delete any more moviesBlush

I can add a divider between those two, but the Delete Movie Folder does have a confirmation dialogue already in place.

(2017-02-07, 17:53)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]Hello Rob,

I am getting back into cleaning up my music video collection, and found the following issues with Media Companion (latest version, 64-bit):

2. Even though there is a poster for each of my music videos, with the correct naming (<name of the music video>-poster.jpg), which was actually updated with a previous version of MC, this version does not show it, and instead, shows the "poster.jpg" that is the music videos folder.
3. When I try to save a screenshot for a Music Video, it saves it as "fanart.jpg" in the music video folder, instead of <name of the music video>-fanart.jpg. I don't know if this has to do with the error I mentioned, since I had clicked to continue when I saw the error.

Regards,

Bart

Will check out the index out of bounds error. Question: is this Music Video's or Concerts?

Will have a look at the naming of artwork. MC should first be looking for <musicvideo>-poster.jpg, falling back to poster.jpg. Same for fanart.jpg.
And will also check the saving of screenshot.

I wonder if you have selected those setting in Movies, to save as poster.jpg and fanart.jpg, not as <moviename>-poster.jpg etc?
(2017-02-07, 20:05)vbat99 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-02-07, 17:53)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]Hello Rob,

Regards,

Bart

Will check out the index out of bounds error. Question: is this Music Video's or Concerts?

Will have a look at the naming of artwork. MC should first be looking for <musicvideo>-poster.jpg, falling back to poster.jpg. Same for fanart.jpg.
And will also check the saving of screenshot.

I wonder if you have selected those setting in Movies, to save as poster.jpg and fanart.jpg, not as <moviename>-poster.jpg etc?

Rob,

Thanks for your quick reply. This is Music Videos, not Concerts.

The funny thing is, that MC (I don't remember which version) created all of the <musicvideo>-poster.jpgs that I have.

I cannot check the Movie Preferences (I don't remember if I have them like that, I know I did at one time, since Artwork Downloader which I use with Kodi only recognized them like that), because I get another MC error (in an Ooops! dialog) when I click on the "Movie Preferences"button:

"Index was outside the bounds of the array".

Regards,

Bart
I did as you suggested and did a clean install/extraction. "index was outside the bounds of the array" still happens when I use the movie batch scraper.

Made sure the settings were correct for delete movie folder and it doesn't do anything...no deletion.

On the TV side, if I have the series and episode votes and ratings checked I get this:

System.InvalidCastException: Conversion from string "" to type 'Boolean' is not valid. ---> System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ParseDouble(String Value, NumberFormatInfo NumberFormat)
at Media_Companion.Form1.GetEpRating(TvEpisode& tvep, String Rating, String Votes)

Uncheck and it scrapes fine. Only one show has given this error when scraping - Supergirl. Thanks, again.
(2017-02-07, 23:58)bobrap Wrote: [ -> ]I did as you suggested and did a clean install/extraction. "index was outside the bounds of the array" still happens when I use the movie batch scraper.

Made sure the settings were correct for delete movie folder and it doesn't do anything...no deletion.

On the TV side, if I have the series and episode votes and ratings checked I get this:

Uncheck and it scrapes fine. Only one show has given this error when scraping - Supergirl. Thanks, again.

What options on Batch rescraper?

Yep,
Code:
at Media_Companion.Form1.epGetImdbRatingOmdbapi
means still issues with OMDbapi. But the fix will be in the next release of MC.
I am looking at maybe using TMDb to retrieve the episode's IMDb ID, but part of the TMDb code is missing for finding TV Series and their data.
I get the error as soon as I select Batch rescraper. Give me the option to continue, which I do. Man, Rob, you sure have a lot of patience and it's greatly appreciated!!

Any idea on the delete movie problem?