Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2020-05-05, 19:10)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-05-04, 23:49)Johnny1982fd Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-05-04, 22:19)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]@johnny1882fd, I removed the file from Github (that was the update I was going to upload) The repo version should not have had any issues.

Regards,

Bart  
Hi @bsoriano 

i found another bug in version 66 from your repo.

Default shaves doesnt work with this version. I get no hit if i go to recently added movies.
But this works in previous versions.

Can you check this ?

Thanks in advance!   
@Johnny1982fd , thanks for reporting this.  I found the issue and fixed it in version 3.2.67, which is already in GitHub and the Amber repo.  Please update and let me know if the issue is indeed fixed.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart  
Hi @bsoriano 

thanks for this update. With version 67 i have no more bugs. Smile

But later there is another updatre 68. And again my complete settings are lost Sad

I disable autoupdate - i dont want to set amber after updates.

(Why is that? This is only in version 65 / 66 and later. Before i had no problems)

Edit1:

I got another update to version 73.

Can you please look at here:

https://imgur.com/a/TsHS4Bp

In addition to that:

Can you update german translation to:

"1 Stunde" "2 Stunden" ...
"1 Minute" "2 Minuten" ....

Thanks Bart
(2020-05-06, 07:51)Johnny1982fd Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-05-05, 19:10)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-05-04, 23:49)Johnny1982fd Wrote: [ -> ]Hi @bsoriano 

i found another bug in version 66 from your repo.

Default shaves doesnt work with this version. I get no hit if i go to recently added movies.
But this works in previous versions.

Can you check this ?

Thanks in advance!   
@Johnny1982fd , thanks for reporting this.  I found the issue and fixed it in version 3.2.67, which is already in GitHub and the Amber repo.  Please update and let me know if the issue is indeed fixed.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart   
Hi @bsoriano 

But later there is another updatre 68. And again my complete settings are lost Sad

(Why is that? This is only in version 65 / 66 and later. Before i had no problems)

Edit1:

In addition to that:

Thanks Bart 
@Johnny1982fd , first of, I apologize for the updates causing you to lose your configuration.  It should not have happened after 3.2.67.  If you have not redone your configuration yet, you can delete the script-skinshortcuts-includes.xml from the skin's 1080i folder.  Skinshortcuts should rebuild with the configuration you had before.  If you have redone your configuration, then do not delete the file.

The .7x updates are due to me skinning the LibreELEC settings dialogs, it's tough for me to switch between Windows and LibreELEC and I had to push a new version to the repo with each change I made.

The "Added: xx/xx/xxxx" label appears when you have selected to "Hide second label in list views" in the Amber settings.  If you set that to No, then the label in your screenshot should not appear.

I will change the translations you mention in the next update.

Regards,

Bart
(2020-05-06, 16:06)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-05-06, 07:51)Johnny1982fd Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-05-05, 19:10)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]@Johnny1982fd , thanks for reporting this.  I found the issue and fixed it in version 3.2.67, which is already in GitHub and the Amber repo.  Please update and let me know if the issue is indeed fixed.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart   
Hi @bsoriano 

Edit1:

In addition to that:

Thanks Bart  
@Johnny1982fd , first of, I apologize for the updates causing you to lose your configuration.  It should not have happened after 3.2.67.  If you have not redone your configuration yet, you can delete the script-skinshortcuts-includes.xml from the skin's 1080i folder.  Skinshortcuts should rebuild with the configuration you had before.  If you have redone your configuration, then do not delete the file.

The .7x updates are due to me skinning the LibreELEC settings dialogs, it's tough for me to switch between Windows and LibreELEC and I had to push a new version to the repo with each change I made.

The "Added: xx/xx/xxxx" label appears when you have selected to "Hide second label in list views" in the Amber settings.  If you set that to No, then the label in your screenshot should not appear.

I will change the translations you mention in the next update.

Regards,

Bart 

Hi @bsoriano 

no problem. I make a backup. Smile

NICE! Didnt see the LibreElec Changes yet! Very good work! And the color bug in my previous bug is gone Wink

Thanks again for this great work and skin Smile
Hello all,

I have uploaded versions 3.2.74 (Leia) and 3.3.74 (Matrix) to GitHub and the Amber repos.  Main changes are:

1. I have skinned the LibreELEC settings dialogs.  I would appreciate if those of you that use LibreELEC can test and let me know if there are any issues.  Thanks.

2. I have provided the option to use custom video or audio nodes as backgrounds for a menu item (the menu item action must be to display the video/audio node).  This uses Kodi and not Embuary Helper for the backgrounds, so if an item in the node does not have fanart, a black background will be shown.  I cannot change this, unfortunately.  Please refer to https://kodi.wiki/view/Video_nodes to learn more about video nodes.  Thanks.

3. I also provided the option to show the number of items for a custom video or audio node as the statistics line for a menu item.  Please note that depending on the number of items in your node, the value might take some time to display.

4. For all the random fanart background options, now you can decide whether to use Kodi (faster, but will not skip empty fanarts) or Embuary Helper (default, slower, but skips empty fanarts) for the backgrounds.  You will notice that now there are separate options to choose from.  The Kodi ones have "(Kodi)" at the end of the name, like "Random Movie Fanart (Kodi)".

5. For playlist fanart background, there is a new option to use Embuary Helper for the backgrounds.  The option is off by default.  You can find it by going to Settings, Amber Settings, Backgrounds: Use Embuary Helper for Playlist Backgrounds".

6. Small fix in German translation (thanks @Johnny1982fd )

Please download, test, and let me know if you find any issues.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Since I switched to the Amber skin I've encountered a problem which has never happened before: sometimes after playing a video the GUI resolution drops back to 480p: 2020-05-06 22:27:50.774 T:4068605952 DEBUG: AMLUtils::aml_set_display_resolution new video mode is 480p60hz

When I go to the system settings Kodi still thinks that the GUI is set to 1080p and switching to another resolution and back again solves the problem.

As the problem doesn't happen every time quickly switching to another skin probably won't make it clear if this is caused by the skin or not (or will take several days). I hope that one of the developers can help me out here, thanks! 

PS I'm using the Amber repo with auto update enabled.
(2020-05-07, 13:47)Peekstra Wrote: [ -> ]Since I switched to the Amber skin I've encountered a problem which has never happened before: sometimes after playing a video the GUI resolution drops back to 480p: 2020-05-06 22:27:50.774 T:4068605952 DEBUG: AMLUtils::aml_set_display_resolution new video mode is 480p60hz

When I go to the system settings Kodi still thinks that the GUI is set to 1080p and switching to another resolution and back again solves the problem.

As the problem doesn't happen every time quickly switching to another skin probably won't make it clear if this is caused by the skin or not (or will take several days). I hope that one of the developers can help me out here, thanks! 

@Peekstra, I have never encountered that, and I don't know how the skin could have something to do with that, as it does not change the video resolution in any way.

Regards,

Bart
(2020-05-07, 14:57)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-05-07, 13:47)Peekstra Wrote: [ -> ]Since I switched to the Amber skin I've encountered a problem which has never happened before: sometimes after playing a video the GUI resolution drops back to 480p: 2020-05-06 22:27:50.774 T:4068605952 DEBUG: AMLUtils::aml_set_display_resolution new video mode is 480p60hz

@Peekstra, I have never encountered that, and I don't know how the skin could have something to do with that, as it does not change the video resolution in any way.

Regards,

Bart 
Thanks for your clear reply Bart. It was suggested by a developer to ask this just to make sure we can rule this out. I'll switch to another skin for now to see if the problem goes away (or not). Anyway, it's good to know that this isn't a common problem.

Update: I was able to reproduce the problem with another skin so as expected this rules out that the skin might be causing this Smile
Hello all,

I have uploaded versions 3.2.75 (Leia) and 3.3.75 (Matrix) to GitHub and the Amber repos.  The main changes are:

1. I have removed the skin setting "Use Embuary Helper for Playlist Backgrounds" and moved it to be a per menu item option (thanks @newbii for the suggestion).  It will look like this:

The option will only show up if the menu item is a video playlist (either a skin playlist or your own playlist) and you have script.embuary.helper installed.

2. Small fix for libreELEC settings dialog (wi-fi signal strength was showing in a hard to read blue).

Please download, test, and let me know if you find any issues.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Hi @bsoriano 

maybe i found a issue.
Have a look here:

https://imgur.com/a/I4A1GRE

You set show in hours and minutes and the changes are ONLY visible if you set the option "Hide second label in list views" (with date added). Which i mean in previous post)
Is that right?

The Color Bug in LibreElec Seetings are gone - nice work.
I found these color bug i another situation. I have Netflix and a subpoint "Popular". If you focused on one, that is already in your watchlist youll get this color bug.
If you focused on another which is NOT in your watchlist already all is fine.
Any idea about that?

Third point ... what do you think about a complete german translation with my help?
(2020-05-07, 16:57)Johnny1982fd Wrote: [ -> ]Hi @bsoriano 

maybe i found a issue.
Have a look here:

You set show in hours and minutes and the changes are ONLY visible if you set the option "Hide second label in list views" (with date added). Which i mean in previous post)
Is that right?

I found these color bug i another situation. I have Netflix and a subpoint "Popular". If you focused on one, that is already in your watchlist youll get this color bug.
Any idea about that?

Third point ... what do you think about a complete german translation with my help?
@Johnny1982fd , thanks for reporting this.  It is a bug that I will fix with version 3.2.76.  What will not show if you disable the option "Hide second label in list views" is the "Added: " label in the views.

There's not much I can do about the Netflix addon color issue, as the color for that is set by the addon.

In terms of a complete German translation, that would be great, thank you! I have found that the easiest way to do that is using the app POEdit, which is available for Windows, macOS and Linux.  do you use any of those three operating systems? If you do, please let me know, and I will post here the exact steps you need to take to complete the German translation and provide me with an updated German language file that I can include with the skin.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2020-05-07, 18:10)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]

maybe i found a issue.
Have a look here:

Is that right?

Any idea about that?

@Johnny1982fd , thanks for reporting this.  It is a bug that I will fix with version 3.2.76.  What will not show if you disable the option "Hide second label in list views" is the "Added: " label in the views.

There's not much I can do about the Netflix addon color issue, as the color for that is set by the addon.

In terms of a complete German translation, that would be great, thank you! I have found that the easiest way to do that is using the app POEdit, which is available for Windows, macOS and Linux.  do you use any of those three operating systems? If you do, please let me know, and I will post here the exact steps you need to take to complete the German translation and provide me with an updated German language file that I can include with the skin.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart 
Hi @bsoriano 

i have Windows and Mac. I will install POEdit and a complete german translation. But step by step Smile
Im working the whole day and will working on a translation always i found time Smile

Take your time and let me know if youre ready. Smile
(2020-05-07, 18:48)Johnny1982fd Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-05-07, 18:10)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]

maybe i found a issue.
Have a look here:

Is that right?

Any idea about that?

Regards,

Bart   
Hi @bsoriano 

i have Windows and Mac. I will install POEdit and a complete german translation. But step by step Smile
Im working the whole day and will working on a translation always i found time Smile

Take your time and let me know if youre ready. Smile  
@Johnny1982fd , OK, here we go:

1. Install POEdit (I use Windows, but it should be the same for Mac).
2. Open the file "strings.po" in the skin's "language\resource.language.de_de\" folder.  This is the file that has all of the skin's strings and their German translations. 

The file should open in POEdit.

3. Then, let's get the latest English strings from the skin, so that the translation does not miss any new strings I might have added in recent versions.  To do that, we will got to Catalog, Update from POT file:

And we will go get the strings.po from the \language\resource.language.en_gb folder in the skin:

The file in the English folder is not a POT, but a PO file, so we'll tell POEdit to get PO files instead of POT:

And then open the strings.po file that is there:

Once you do, the most updated English strings are loaded and you are ready to translate.

Click View, and enable the options as you see in this next screenshot.  This will show you first the entries that have no translation, and the ones where there is an error in the translation:

4. Now let's translate one string.  You will do the same with all of the strings that have no translation, the ones where POEdit says there's an error, and any other one where you think the translation that is there could be improvd or is wrong.

In this next screenshot, the first string to translate is "Static".  As you can see there is a text box that has "Source Text:", that shows the original English string, and there is a text box that says "Translation:", and that is where you will write the German string.  I wrote "Statisch" as the German translation for Static:

Make sure that you use the same capitalization as the source string, as well as any punctuation marks (like a . at the end, or a ; at the end, etc.).

Now click on the next one, write the translation in the "Translation:" box, and so on, until you have translated all of them.

Once you finished the ones with no translation, the next group are the ones that POEdit thinks that need work.  They are of an orangish color.  Most likely the translation for each one of those was an automatic translation that might be incorrect, so look at them and change any that you think need to be changed:

5. Once you are done, click Save.

6. An updated strings.po file will be saved in the folder.

7. Please upload that file to any cloud service that you use and post the link to it here in the forum.  I should then be able to download the file and include it with the next update of the skin.

That's all there is to it.  Please let me know if you have any questions, and let me know how you get along.  You can stop the translation at any time, just Save the file, and then open it again when you are ready to continue.

Thank you for your willingness to do this translation.

Regards,

Bart
Hi @bsoriano

test with one translation.

Show Marks on Top Right
-->
Zeige Kollektionssymbol rechts oben

Two generates files (german)

https://www.file-upload.net/download-140...gs.po.html
https://www.file-upload.net/download-140...gs.mo.html

Edit 2:

Here more translations. Take this one and ill check this with your new version. Fter that i will make this complete:

(2020-05-07, 22:30)Johnny1982fd Wrote: [ -> ]Hi @bsoriano

Show Marks on Top Right
-->

Edit 2:

Here more translations. Take this one and ill check this with your new version. Fter that i will make this complete:

@Johnny1982fd , off to a good start, thanks! I downloaded your file and will include with the skin.  Whenever you send me another file, I will include as well.

Regards,

Bart
(2020-05-07, 22:52)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-05-07, 22:30)Johnny1982fd Wrote: [ -> ]Hi @bsoriano

Show Marks on Top Right
-->

Edit 2:

@Johnny1982fd , off to a good start, thanks! I downloaded your file and will include with the skin.  Whenever you send me another file, I will include as well.

Regards,

Bart  
Hi @bsoriano 

i guess i will make a complete translation at the weekend.
ReName some translations and fill the empty ones.

Did you need the "mo files" or is only the po file needed?