Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Bart,
@bsoriano

Would it be too much to ask if you can add the "AB: Add Missing Artwork & AB: Select Artwork..." to the Context Menu? As t is now, I have to pull up the context menu, then go to "Manage...". On the Matrix version, I have it in the main Context Menu, as well as in that sub menu section under "Manage...".

Screenshot:

Regards,

Shedrock
(2021-12-17, 17:36)shedrock Wrote: [ -> ]Would it be too much to ask if you can add the "AB: Add Missing Artwork & AB: Select Artwork..." to the Context Menu? As t is now, I have to pull up the context menu, then go to "Manage...". On the Matrix version, I have it in the main Context Menu, as well as in that sub menu section under "Manage...".

@shedrock , do you mean add them in Leia? There is a setting in the General section of the Amber settings.  It shows up if you have script.artwork.beef installed.  The setting is here:

Which then puts the two AB options in the context menu:

Please let me know if this is what you were looking for.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2021-12-17, 09:24)Joeyrub Wrote: [ -> ]Hey again Bart.
I noticed something, a small thing. But it bothered me ....
I noticed that on one of my Kodi, the color flags on the OSD screen didn't look as colorful as it did in my other Kodi. Till I figured out what the cause was. When I change the color of the regular texts, that color would tint the color flags as well, so it covered the actual colors. But when I changed back the text color to white, the flags looked good again
But the problem is, I really liked having the option to change the text color. But I'd only do that if it didn't affect the colored flags
Any way you could separate it. So the text color doesn't tint the flags?
Again small little issue. No biggy

@Joeyrub,

Thank you for pointing this out.  The text color should not affect the colored flags.  I will fix this soon.

Regards,

Bart

EDIT: @Joeyrub , I already fixed this on GitHub.  Please test and let me know if it is indeed fixed.  Thanks.
(2021-12-16, 12:50)Joeyrub Wrote: [ -> ]The blue one has the setting for the info button, the green doesn't.
I don't really care about this setting, just curious what's going on here
Thanks

@Joeyrub,

You need to have the addon service.library.data.provider installed and enabled in order for that setting to show up.

Regards,

Bart
(2021-12-17, 23:02)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-12-17, 23:02)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]@shedrock , do you mean add them in Leia? There is a setting in the General section of the Amber settings.  It shows up if you have script.artwork.beef installed.  The setting is here:
I'm using 3.2.151 with AB installed, but I don't see that option in my Skin settings.

Maybe something is messed up on this installation of mine. I've tried renaming Amber and installing it under another name, with the necessary changes of course, but still same results. It's weird that Aeon MQ has the AB option already there in the Context menu. I'll keep trying.

UPDATE: I just installed Kodi (Leia) 18.2 on my Win PC, installed Amber Rep, installed 3.2.151 + AB, and the option is not available under the General settings. Also, whenever I exit Kodi, I noticed that the "Enable use of TMDB Helper" and Embuary Helper switches default to "NO".

Shedrock@shedrock , do you mean add them in Leia? There is a setting in the General section of the Amber settings.  It shows up if you have script.artwork.beef installed.  The setting is here:
I'm using 3.2.151 with AB installed, but I don't see that option in my Skin settings.

Maybe something is messed up on this installation of mine. I've tried renaming Amber and installing it under another name, with the necessary changes of course, but still same results. It's weird that Aeon MQ has the AB option already there in the Context menu. I'll keep trying.

UPDATE: I just installed Kodi (Leia) 18.2 on my Win PC, installed Amber Rep, installed 3.2.151 + AB, and the option is not available under the General settings. I've also noticed that when I exit Kodi, the "Enable use of TMDB Helper" and "Embuary Helper" switches default to "NO".

Shedrock
(2021-12-17, 23:10)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-12-16, 12:50)Joeyrub Wrote: [ -> ]The blue one has the setting for the info button, the green doesn't.
I don't really care about this setting, just curious what's going on here
Thanks

@Joeyrub,

You need to have the addon service.library.data.provider installed and enabled in order for that setting to show up.

Regards,

Bart

Ahhhh ok, that makes sense of that I guess. So I guess one has the addon, the other doesn't. Oh well. Not a setting I use anyway. Just wanted to make sense of it.
And awesome on the colored flag fix. I'll download n test it right now

Edit: yup! Tested it, flags looking sharp n beautiful. No tint.
Thanks Bart
@shedrock, please install Amber from the Leia branch on GitHub if you want the latest functionality and fixes in Leia. I have not uploaded a new version to the Amber repo yet. Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
@bsoriano 

Hi Bart,

Happy holydays...  Smile

I have two feature requests for you to consider, if possible:

1. Speed and resources improvement: If I scrape all my artwork from local files, how does Amber display my artwork: from thumbs created by Kodi, or from the local files themselves?  My question is because Aeon from Silvo displays "rightlist" thumbs (all artwork by that matter), when I fast-scroll my library, un-interrupted (it does not awake my hdds), and Amber gets stoked each time it changes hdd (the artwork is stored from hdd1 to hdd2). REQUEST: if by any chance Amber uses local files, could it change to use the thumbs generated by Kodi so it gets a "smooth" library scroll ?

2. Is it possible to add an option the the "LOWLIST" display to have a "LOWER" lowlist (about 5 rows dislplayed, instead of 8).

Thanks Bart!
Have a great end of year...

Regards,
Oscar
(2021-12-18, 14:03)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]@shedrock, please install Amber from the Leia branch on GitHub if you want the latest functionality and fixes in Leia. I have not uploaded a new version to the Amber repo yet. Thanks.
That's what I am using.

It's really strange. I can see the text in the strings.po for the AB, as well as the option in the SkinSettings file, but it is definitely not available as an option. I installed Amber on another Windows PC, but it still does not work. If I install Matrix on another of my PC's, the option is available in Amber (Matrix), so I am lost. Also, I use GitHub Desktop, and check your Repos at least once a day, so I am always up-to-date on your changes.

UPDATE on 12/19/21

Hey Bart,

I spent the better part of Saturday and Sunday playing around with Amber (Leia) 3.2.151, and for some weird reason I cannot get TMDB Helper or Embuary Helper switches to remain in the "Yes" position. Every time I reboot my system it defaults to "No". I even tried to delete Skinshortcuts and reinstalling it, but that didn't help either. I again tried installing Amber (Leia) on 3 more Windows PC's, and Artwork Beef is not listed in the Skin Settings as an option, so I am at a complete lost. 

Regards,

Shedrock
(2021-12-18, 17:52)shedrock Wrote: [ -> ]Hey Bart,

I spent the better part of Saturday and Sunday playing around with Amber (Leia) 3.2.151, and for some weird reason I cannot get TMDB Helper or Embuary Helper switches to remain in the "Yes" position. Every time I reboot my system it defaults to "No". I even tried to delete Skinshortcuts and reinstalling it, but that didn't help either. I again tried installing Amber (Leia) on 3 more Windows PC's, and Artwork Beef is not listed in the Skin Settings as an option, so I am at a complete lost. 

@shedrock , my apologies! The Leia version was using Matrix code to check if the addon was enabled.  I have fixed this for Leia, the changes are on GitHub already.  Please test and let me know this is indeed fixed.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2021-12-20, 21:01)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]@shedrock , my apologies! The Leia version was using Matrix code to check if the addon was enabled.  I have fixed this for Leia, the changes are on GitHub already.  Please test and let me know this is indeed fixed.  Thanks.
Thanks Bart,

It now appears in the Settings area, but it doesn't show up in the Context Menu. It still only shows up in the Manage.. sub screen in the Context menu.

Update #1: I am also still having issues with the TMDB Helper and Embuary Help switches staying in the "Yes" position.
@bsoriano

Update #2:  I finally decided to go back a version, so I used Amber v. 4.2.99 and the TMDB Helper "Stats" on my playlists widgets work. Artwork Beef in the context menu also works. This tells me that it is definitely an issue with the latest Amber (Leia) version. Below is a screenshot of it working.

Regards,

Shedrock
I'm curious ... Why is anyone sticking to the Leia version of Kodi? Is there anything about it that is different than Matrix? If so, like what??
I'm kinda new to Kodi, I only started using it a few months ago, so I just downloaded the last available version avail on the Google Play store, which I guess was already Matrix, And that's it.
But I see a big portion of the Kodi community is still sticking to the older Leia. I'm curious why...

Not exactly the topic of this thread I know
(2021-12-21, 01:16)Joeyrub Wrote: [ -> ]Why is anyone sticking to the Leia version of Kodi? Is there anything about it that is different than Matrix?
In my case it's really because Matrix does not run well on my system. It could be a hardware issue, but I get constant freeze ups, crashes, and just overall poor performance. If it were up to me, I would have stayed on Helix. That's the only version that worked well for me. I think their are some significant improvements, plus it uses Python 3. I am not too sure what other benefits there are to using it. I suppose if you don't upgrade, then the older addons won't work because they are running on Python 2, and many aren't being maintained anymore. I do intend to use Matrix in the very near future.

Regards,

Shedrock
(2021-12-21, 01:48)shedrock Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-12-21, 01:16)Joeyrub Wrote: [ -> ]Why is anyone sticking to the Leia version of Kodi? Is there anything about it that is different than Matrix?
In my case it's really because Matrix does not run well on my system. It could be a hardware issue, but I get constant freeze ups, crashes, and just overall poor performance. If it were up to me, I would have stayed on Helix. That's the only version that worked well for me. I think their are some significant improvements, plus it uses Python 3. I am not too sure what other benefits there are to using it. I suppose if you don't upgrade, then the older addons won't work because they are running on Python 2, and many aren't being maintained anymore. I do intend to use Matrix in the very near future.

Regards,

Shedrock

Ah I see. So since Matrix seems to work perfectly on all my systems, I'd have no reason to try Leia.
Thanks for the explanation. Appreciate it
(2021-12-21, 01:52)Joeyrub Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the explanation. Appreciate it
You're welcome.