Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2021-10-18, 06:57)dawsonjw Wrote: [ -> ]Just noticed on in the Live TV / Channels screen there is a [/B] at the end on the Time description half way down the screen on left hand side. It’s on all channels

@dawsonjw , thanks for reporting this.  I had not noticed due to my PVR backend not providing the New/Live/Finale/Premiere flags.  I just fixed this on GitHub.  Please test and let me know that it is indeed fixed.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2021-10-18, 02:40)shedrock Wrote: [ -> ]@bsoriano 

Hi Bart,

Thanks for the update, but I was under the impression that this is how the shelf information would work. Two shelves visible, and when you hover to the top shelf, the bottom shelves disappear, but shows the information on an overlay (current overlay is too dark and not uniformed at the edges), and vice versa for the top. In my opinion this would have been much better. I know this was possible before, and I'm pretty sure it was on a skin called ReFred. I'm not complaining, but it sort of defeats the purpose of having two shelves present, but only one is visible if the option is turned on, unless you move the highlight from top to bottom within the same box. It's almost like the old Amber configuration where you you use one shelf. Anyway, I am sure you have your reasons for doing it this way, but it would have been awesome if it was the way I suggested.

Also, if you have the information option set to on, then you may want to consider automatically turning off the popup info over each episode as per the setting in the Home menu widgets. Then again, users can just go and manually switch it off.

Anyway, thanks for all your continued work.

Shedrock
@shedrock , I remeber that you wrote before how you envisioned the feature working, like the skin ReFred that you mentioned.  I did not commit to making the feature work like that.  Now that I finished it, I will look into doing something like you mention.  Again, no promises.

As for turning off the info popup automatically, I guess I missed that, thanks.  I will try to do that very soon.

Thank you for your continued support and use of this skin.

Regards,

Bart
(2021-10-18, 17:36)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]@shedrock , I remeber that you wrote before how you envisioned the feature working, like the skin ReFred that you mentioned.  I did not commit to making the feature work like that.  Now that I finished it, I will look into doing something like you mention.  Again, no promises.

As for turning off the info popup automatically, I guess I missed that, thanks.  I will try to do that very soon.
Thank you very much Bart.
(2021-10-18, 17:44)shedrock Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-10-18, 17:36)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]@shedrock , I remeber that you wrote before how you envisioned the feature working, like the skin ReFred that you mentioned.  I did not commit to making the feature work like that.  Now that I finished it, I will look into doing something like you mention.  Again, no promises.

Thank you very much Bart.
@shedrock , the changes for not showing the info poup if show shelves info is enabled are already on GitHub.  Now, even if both show shelves info is enabled for the menu item, and show info poup is also enabled for any of the shelves for that menu item, the popup will not show.

Please test and let me know if it is working well for you.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2021-10-18, 18:17)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]Please test and let me know if it is working well for you.  Thanks.
Just tested, and it works great.

Cheers,

Shedrock
@bsoriano - Hey Bart,

Since I did the update, I no longer see the watch overlays. I pretty sure all my files  match the Git.

Thanks,

Shedrock
(2021-10-18, 23:34)shedrock Wrote: [ -> ]Since I did the update, I no longer see the watch overlays. I pretty sure all my files  match the Git.

@shedrock , thanks for reporting this.  I removed some code by mistake.  I just fixed it on GitHub.

On another note, I have made changes to try to approximate what you were looking for with the shelves info when you have two shelves together.  The changes are already on GitHub.  It is still a work in progress, and right now it is only available for the vertical menu.  Could you please test it out and let me know if this is what you were envisioning (or close to it)? That way I know if I am on the correct track.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2021-10-19, 00:19)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]@shedrock , where are you not seeing watched overlays? Media views, widgets? Please let me know.  Thanks.

As you can see, the TV shows and Movies that have been watched doesn't display the watched indicator. I copied all the changed files from the Git.

ImageImage
(2021-10-19, 00:36)shedrock Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-10-19, 00:19)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]@shedrock , where are you not seeing watched overlays? Media views, widgets? Please let me know.  Thanks.

As you can see, the TV shows and Movies that have been watched doesn't display the watched indicator. I copied all the changed files from the Git.

ImageImage

@shedrock, please update again. I fixed this a few minutes ago. Please let me know if it now works. Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2021-10-19, 00:19)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]On another note, I have made changes to try to approximate what you were looking for with the shelves info when you have two shelves together. 
I'm not really a vertical menu guy, but I checked it and found it very confusing TBH. I find that when the shelves are not visible together (top & bottom) it looks weird, because you really don't know what you're clicking on if you are at the bottom, then switching to the top. Hope you understand what I'm trying to convey here.

Shedrock
(2021-10-19, 00:59)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]@shedrock, please update again. I fixed this a few minutes ago. Please let me know if it now works. Thanks.
I can confirm that the watch overlay works now.

Thank you Bart.
(2021-10-19, 01:01)shedrock Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-10-19, 00:19)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]On another note, I have made changes to try to approximate what you were looking for with the shelves info when you have two shelves together. 
I'm not really a vertical menu guy, but I checked it and found it very confusing TBH. I find that when the shelves are not visible together (top & bottom) it looks weird, because you really don't know what you're clicking on if you are at the bottom, then switching to the top. Hope you understand what I'm trying to convey here.

Shedrock

@shedrock, thanks for the feedback. How would you improve this? I thought I was close to what you wrote before. When you focus the bottom shelf, the top shelf goes away and the info is shown. When you focus the top shelf, the bottom shelf goes away and the info is shown below the top shelf.

Please let me know how do you think it would be less confusing. Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2021-10-19, 01:11)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]@shedrock, thanks for the feedback. How would you improve this? I thought I was close to what you wrote before. When you focus the bottom shelf, the top shelf goes away and the info is shown. When you focus the top shelf, the bottom shelf goes away and the info is shown below the top shelf.
Unless I am missing something, as it is now, visually I can only see one shelf at a time. Let me go try and do a simple mock up with Adobe. Give me a few mins.
Hopefully this explains it. If not, I'll have to really do a mock-up image of exactly what I mean.

(2021-10-19, 01:32)shedrock Wrote: [ -> ]Hopefully this explains it. If not, I'll have to really do a mock-up image of exactly what I mean.

@shedrock, thanks for the additional information. It explains a little more. So you want the background that shows that you have two shelves together to remain on screen, and just the area that each shelf occupies replaced by some info (like plot) when you focus on the other shelf. Is this what you mean?

If so, the info that can fit in that space would have to be a lot less than what I am showing now. Is that acceptable for you? What info would be most important for you, just the plot or its equivalent for other media types? Please let me know. Thanks.

Regards,

Bart