Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
@bsoriano

Hi Bart,

I was wondering if it is possible to have an option for the music search feature. Back in Amber v.4.2.99 my search results would give me the following in the pics I provided. The reason I am asking is becuase when you have an extremely large library, the current results gives you just the 2 screens "Albums" and "Songs", so I have to scroll horizontally, so my view is limited. So for example, if I have 1270 songs to match my search criteria, then it is frustrating to reach to that point. With the old view (results) I at least had the option of changing the view.

The older views:

Regards,

Shedrock
@shedrock, thanks for pointing this out. I agree that for large result sets the current "custom" search dialog is limited. I will look into adding an option to use the standard search for music, and also for video.

Regards,

Bart
(2021-12-28, 19:56)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]@shedrock, thanks for pointing this out. I agree that for large result sets the current "custom" search dialog is limited. I will look into adding an option to use the standard search for music, and also for video.
You're great. Thank you Bart.

Shedrock
@Joeyrub , I have made the changes to use different view types for PVR recordings.  Some notes:

- In all of the panel or icon type views (Panel/Panel 2, Big Panel/Big Panel 2, Icons), if you have your recordings grouped, I was not able to get a poster for the group, so you will see a generic folder icon.  This does not happen in the list type views, where I was able to show the poster for the first item in the group.  I will not be changing this.

- If you do not have your recordings grouped, then all view types correctly show the poster/icon for each item.

- I have not included the recording space usage progress bar; do you find this useful and would like me to include it?

The changes are already on GitHub (Matrix).  Please download, test, and let me know what you think.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2021-12-28, 23:08)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]- I have not included the recording space usage progress bar; do you find this useful and would like me to include it?

Yay! Ok great! Gonna download n test right away!
Just please clarify... Where exactly would this setting be located? In the alt media views? Right? I'll find it hopefully....
And ya Bart, I think the space usage bar is a very useful thing to display in the recordings list. Cause it gives an idea if your running out of memory etc etc.
I think that bar would be useful honestly.
But not a big deal..
Let's see this ...
Ok quick note.
Before I changed anything in the settings, so it was still set to regular old view type. It now looks like this..... I I took a photo of it ...

I'm gonna tinker with the views in the settings now...
Ok I figured out why it was scrambled. Cause I had on the Alternate list views layout. So that messed it up.
Maybe if you could make that work. Would be awesome, but for now I turned off Alternate list views layout, and it looks FANTASTIC! I LOVE IT
Ok.....
So here is where I ran into trouble again.
First The alternate list views didn't work right, it scrambled the both together.
Now I found this.....
I liked the low list, so I set it to that. But then I see that when I open any folder, that list would be default, regular list. So I'd have to set each folder individually to low list. So I remembered the option in the settings to set it as a default view for all these folders. So I went to settings, media views, use new media views selector. Selected yes, then under Configure media views, I found The PVR recordings, but in that setting the only option was regular list views, and that's it. No more options. So I returned to the recordings page and now even from there the view type to select was now Regular list view. No other options.
So I went back to settings, turned off the Use new media views selector. And then back at the recordings page the Different list views were now back.
So I guess it isn't implemented in the new media view selector? Will it be?
No biggy really, but it would mean that there is no way to set a default view type for all folders and lists within the recordings?
It looks amazing!! I just love it!
Those issues are all worth it to have it look this amazing!
Well done Bart!
Hopefully you can figure out those little issues. But well done, it looks great

Hi @bsoriano,

I just wanted to ask if the Embuary option can't be turned on in Amber (Leia) because you have not completed the updates to Matrix skin level yet, or am I doing something wrong?

Also, what does the Number of playlist/node fanarts to use as backgrounds options does? I am sure you probably explained it somewhere in the thread, but I can't find it.

Thanks,

Shedrock
(2021-12-28, 23:57)Joeyrub Wrote: [ -> ]Those issues are all worth it to have it look this amazing!
Well done Bart!

@Joeyrub , I am glad you like it! Smile

Thanks for the feedback, it is exactly what I was looking for.  I think that all of the issues that you mentioned are solvable, and I will be looking into them today.  

Regards,

Bart
(2021-12-29, 13:28)shedrock Wrote: [ -> ]I just wanted to ask if the Embuary option can't be turned on in Amber (Leia) because you have not completed the updates to Matrix skin level yet, or am I doing something wrong?

@shedrock , I will look into that, as it should work. 

The number of playlist/node backgrounds to use as fanart limits the hidden lists I use to display playlist/node rotating backgrounds, for performance reasons.  If you select a low number, like 5 or 10, the backgrounds for playlist/node menu items will load faster.

Regards,

Bart
(2021-12-29, 21:58)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-12-28, 23:57)Joeyrub Wrote: [ -> ]Those issues are all worth it to have it look this amazing!
Well done Bart!

@Joeyrub , I am glad you like it! Smile

Thanks for the feedback, it is exactly what I was looking for.  I think that all of the issues that you mentioned are solvable, and I will be looking into them today.  

Regards,

Bart

Oh great, I'm glad that those issues aren't a big deal to fix. Hopefully that makes it play nicely with everything....
But again .... It Looks amazing!
So when you do fix those little things, I'll test it right away. I'll be checking for it.
Thanks Bart
(2021-12-29, 22:01)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]@shedrock , I will look into that, as it should work. 
Thanks Bart. I think it doesn't work for the sub-menus.
(2021-12-29, 22:06)Joeyrub Wrote: [ -> ]Oh great, I'm glad that those issues aren't a big deal to fix. Hopefully that makes it play nicely with everything....
But again .... It Looks amazing!
So when you do fix those little things, I'll test it right away. I'll be checking for it.

@Joeyrub , I think I fixed both issues that you mentioned:

1. Being able to set a default view for PVR Recordings when using the new view selector
2. Using the Alternate List Layout for PVR Recordings views

The changes are already on GitHub.  Please download, test, and let me know if the issues are indeed fixed.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart