Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2021-02-01, 22:37)billyrene Wrote: [ -> ]In the home menu in the random movie shelf (default shelves -> movies -> random movies) the shelf never shows more than 25 movies. only if i set the limit to 10 or 25 it shows the correct number of movies in the shelf.

i can set the shelf limit to none, 50 and 100 but still the maximum of items shown in the shelf is 25.

i tried it with the random tv episodes and it it working there

having the same problem again after updating to amber 3.4.14
(2021-03-12, 22:46)billyrene Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-02-01, 22:37)billyrene Wrote: [ -> ]In the home menu in the random movie shelf (default shelves -> movies -> random movies) the shelf never shows more than 25 movies. only if i set the limit to 10 or 25 it shows the correct number of movies in the shelf.

i can set the shelf limit to none, 50 and 100 but still the maximum of items shown in the shelf is 25.

@billyrene , my apologies, I did not upload the changed playlists to the Amber for Matrix repo version.  You can download from GitHub if you like, the changes are there correctly.

Regards,

Bart
(2021-03-11, 00:36)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]Hello all,

I have uploaded versions 3.2.127 (Leia) and 3.4.14 (Matrix) to GitHub and the Amber repos.  After this version, all new functionality will go to the Matrix version, and I will only do bug fixes to the Leia version.
@bsoriano, I just installed this new version but I haven't tested everything yet. As with every new version of Amber, here are the French translations for the new functions.

(2021-03-11, 00:36)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]1. Option for left-aligning the vertical menu item text.  You can find the option here:

Align menu item text to the left : Aligner le texte de l'élément de menu à gauche

(2021-03-11, 00:36)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]4.  Option to Dim background when showing lyrics.  This was always being done before.  Now it is optional.  It is important to note that the default is NOT to dim the background when showing lyrics.  You can find the new setting here:

Dim background and album cover when showing lyrics : Assombrir l'arrière-plan et la pochette de l'album lors de l'affichage des paroles

(2021-03-11, 00:36)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]5.  Option to show the seek bar at the start of playback.  Now you have the option to show the seek bar at the start of video playback.  You can choose how long to show the seek bar.  It is important to note that, on Leia, if you have enabled to play the next video automatically and activate this new setting, the seek bar will show for about two seconds when the next video starts, no matter what interval you choose in Amber settings.  I will not be able to change or fix that.  The setting works as expected in Matrix.  You can find the new setting here:

Show seek bar when starting video playback : Afficher la barre temporelle au lancement d'une vidéo
Time to show seek bar : Durée d'affichage de la barre temporelle

(2021-03-11, 00:36)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]6.  Option to show media info with seek bar.  If you enable this new setting, Amber will show basic media info with the seek bar.  You can find the new setting here:

Show media info with seek bar : Afficher les informations multimédias avec la barre temporelle

Another function in English to be translated into French in the same section :
Hide fallback image if no thumb OSD : Masquer l'image par défaut si pas de vignette dans l'OSD

(2021-03-11, 00:36)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]7.  Alternate layout for Favourites.  I have added an alternate layout for favourites, which resembles the Big List view.  Please do not ask me to do any other alternative layouts for favourites, as I will not do any more.  You can find the new setting here:

Use alternate favourites layout : Utiliser une autre disposition des favoris

(2021-03-11, 00:36)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]9.  Single column option for Simple List view.  You can now choose to only show one column when using Simple List view.  The setting is here:

Single column : Colonne unique
(2021-03-12, 23:48)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-03-12, 22:46)billyrene Wrote: [ -> ]

@billyrene , my apologies, I did not upload the changed playlists to the Amber for Matrix repo version.  You can download from GitHub if you like, the changes are there correctly.

Regards,

Bart

definitely no need to apologize. thanks for the change

and it does not get said enough: THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR MAINTAINING THIS WONDERFUL SKIN!!!! Smile
where night i find the "textbox" for tvshows in fanart view?

i changed a couple of things in the View_56_Fanart.xml to fit my needs. for movies in fanart netflix style view, as you can see in the first picture, i removed the director and made the textbox larger.

i also tried this for tv shows. i removed the release date and also wanted the textbox a little bigger to decrease the gap underneath the rating, pic 2, but cannot find this textbox anywhere in the View_56_Fanart.xml file

Here would be some missing finnish translations;

Enable video lyrics = ota video sanoitukset käyttöön

Dim background and album cover when showing lyrics = Himmennä tausta ja kansikuva kun näytetään sanoitukset

Use alternate favourites layout = Käytä vaihtoehtoista suosikkiasettelua

Align menu item text to the left = Kohdista valikkokohdan teksti vasemmalle

Animate backgrounds using Ken Burns effect = Animoi taustat käyttämällä Ken Burns -efektiä

Hide title bar in main window = Piilota yläpalkki pääikkunassa

Disable now playing fanart = Poista käytöstä "Nyt toistetaan" fanitaide

Show media info with seekbar = Näytä mediatiedot hakupalkin kanssa

Show seekbar when starting video playback = Näytä hakupalkki kun videotoisto aloitetaan

Time to show seek bar = Kauan hakupalkki näytetään

Hide fallback image if no thumb in OSD = Piilota varakuva, jos OSD: ssä ei ole pienoiskuvaa
hello i'm using Kodi Matrix with the amber skin from kodi. i have a problem with the shelves. i can't choose recomended episodes. i thought i needed to select service skin widgets but i can't select it in manage dependencies.
plz help Smile
(2021-01-07, 17:51)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]Hello all,

I have uploaded versions 3.2.125 (Leia) and 3.4.12 (Matrix) to GitHub and the Amber repos.  The only new fucntionality is the following:

1. Hide Seek Bar when Paused.  Amber will now hide the seek bar after 5 seconds when the video is paused.  You can find the new setting here:

Hi @bsoriano, I just noticed a bug with the display of the seek bar when paused on the videos.
I am using Amber 3.2.128 under Kodi Leia and even selecting "Yes" for "Hide seek bar when paused", the seek bar remains displayed after 5 seconds.
@bsoriano - Hi Bart,

I just noticed this issue this morning while browsing my library. I've attached an image to show you the doubling of the next airing episode.

Regards,

Shedrock
Hi @bsoriano,

Just noticed this when scrolling around the collection. Maybe its something we just have to live with...

If I use Page skipping (not sure the term you would use), it seems to skip over to far.
Can you fix it so there is an overlap? not sure how everyone would want to see it - personally I like how the shows are cut in half on each end. But if we don't really notice that half image on one side, we don't get to see it again. I know I have skipped over shows I thought I had, and now realize that this may be the reason.

Notice "Fringe" on the right, if I Skip to the next page, it jumps to the "Ghost Whisperer" item, and now cuts off the show on the Left.

"From the Earth to the Moon" cut off after 1 page skip to the Right - but "Fringe" has been totally skipped.

Scrolled left-wards show-by-show.

Thank you.
(2021-03-12, 23:56)Cyberdom Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-03-11, 00:36)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]Hello all,

I have uploaded versions 3.2.127 (Leia) and 3.4.14 (Matrix) to GitHub and the Amber repos.  After this version, all new functionality will go to the Matrix version, and I will only do bug fixes to the Leia version.
@bsoriano, I just installed this new version but I haven't tested everything yet. As with every new version of Amber, here are the French translations for the new functions.

(2021-03-11, 00:36)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]1. Option for left-aligning the vertical menu item text.  You can find the option here:

Align menu item text to the left : Aligner le texte de l'élément de menu à gauche

(2021-03-11, 00:36)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]4.  Option to Dim background when showing lyrics.  This was always being done before.  Now it is optional.  It is important to note that the default is NOT to dim the background when showing lyrics.  You can find the new setting here:

Dim background and album cover when showing lyrics : Assombrir l'arrière-plan et la pochette de l'album lors de l'affichage des paroles

(2021-03-11, 00:36)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]5.  Option to show the seek bar at the start of playback.  Now you have the option to show the seek bar at the start of video playback.  You can choose how long to show the seek bar.  It is important to note that, on Leia, if you have enabled to play the next video automatically and activate this new setting, the seek bar will show for about two seconds when the next video starts, no matter what interval you choose in Amber settings.  I will not be able to change or fix that.  The setting works as expected in Matrix.  You can find the new setting here:

Show seek bar when starting video playback : Afficher la barre temporelle au lancement d'une vidéo
Time to show seek bar : Durée d'affichage de la barre temporelle

(2021-03-11, 00:36)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]6.  Option to show media info with seek bar.  If you enable this new setting, Amber will show basic media info with the seek bar.  You can find the new setting here:

Show media info with seek bar : Afficher les informations multimédias avec la barre temporelle

Another function in English to be translated into French in the same section :
Hide fallback image if no thumb OSD : Masquer l'image par défaut si pas de vignette dans l'OSD

(2021-03-11, 00:36)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]7.  Alternate layout for Favourites.  I have added an alternate layout for favourites, which resembles the Big List view.  Please do not ask me to do any other alternative layouts for favourites, as I will not do any more.  You can find the new setting here:

Use alternate favourites layout : Utiliser une autre disposition des favoris

(2021-03-11, 00:36)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]9.  Single column option for Simple List view.  You can now choose to only show one column when using Simple List view.  The setting is here:

Single column : Colonne unique
@Cyberdom , thank you.  I have updated these in the Kodi translation system.  They should be included in the next Amber repo version.

Regards,

Bart
(2021-03-13, 07:47)billyrene Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-03-12, 23:48)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-03-12, 22:46)billyrene Wrote: [ -> ]having the same problem again after updating to amber 3.4.14

Regards,

Bart

definitely no need to apologize. thanks for the change
and it does not get said enough: THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR MAINTAINING THIS WONDERFUL SKIN!!!! Smile
@billyrene , thank you for your kind words Smile

Regards,

Bart
(2021-03-13, 14:11)billyrene Wrote: [ -> ]where night i find the "textbox" for tvshows in fanart view?

i changed a couple of things in the View_56_Fanart.xml to fit my needs. for movies in fanart netflix style view, as you can see in the first picture, i removed the director and made the textbox larger.

i also tried this for tv shows. i removed the release date and also wanted the textbox a little bigger to decrease the gap underneath the rating, pic 2, but cannot find this textbox anywhere in the View_56_Fanart.xml file

@billyrene , the textbox is in the include "Fanart_Netflix_Info" which starts at line 809 in the View_56_Fanart.xml file.  The textbox control itself starts at line 1123.

Regards,

Bart
(2021-03-13, 14:33)G0mez Wrote: [ -> ]Here would be some missing finnish translations;

Enable video lyrics = ota video sanoitukset käyttöön

Dim background and album cover when showing lyrics = Himmennä tausta ja kansikuva kun näytetään sanoitukset

Use alternate favourites layout = Käytä vaihtoehtoista suosikkiasettelua

Align menu item text to the left = Kohdista valikkokohdan teksti vasemmalle

Animate backgrounds using Ken Burns effect = Animoi taustat käyttämällä Ken Burns -efektiä

Hide title bar in main window = Piilota yläpalkki pääikkunassa

Disable now playing fanart = Poista käytöstä "Nyt toistetaan" fanitaide

Show media info with seekbar = Näytä mediatiedot hakupalkin kanssa

Show seekbar when starting video playback = Näytä hakupalkki kun videotoisto aloitetaan

Time to show seek bar = Kauan hakupalkki näytetään

Hide fallback image if no thumb in OSD = Piilota varakuva, jos OSD: ssä ei ole pienoiskuvaa
@G0mez , thank you.  i have updated these.  They should appear in the next Amber repo skin version.

Regards,

Bart
(2021-03-13, 19:27)juleke147 Wrote: [ -> ]hello i'm using Kodi Matrix with the amber skin from kodi. i have a problem with the shelves. i can't choose recomended episodes. i thought i needed to select service skin widgets but i can't select it in manage dependencies.
plz help Smile

@juleke147 , Please see here: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2922250 about how to get a Matrix compatible version of service.skin.widgets.  This is not installable from the Amber "Manage Dependencies", as a Matrix compatible version of this addon is not in the Kodi repo.  Thanks.

I tested the version referenced in that post, and it works well under Matrix.

Regards,

Bart