Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2021-11-01, 20:53)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-11-01, 20:08)Joeyrub Wrote: [ -> ]Any way this could fixed from your end?

@Joeyrub , thank you for your kind words! I will look into adding season and episode numbers for PVR.  I do not have a way of properly testing this, since my PVR backend does not provide that info; given that, I will rely on you to let me know if it works well when I update the code.

I will let you know as soon as I have added this info, so that you can test.

Regards,

Bart

Thanks for responding. Yes I'll let you know if it's there, just tell me when the update is done I guess.

I also have another question. On my OSD progress bar, there are 2 dots for some reason, I cannot figure out what the 2nd one is for. One indicates the current position of the player. The other I have no idea is confusing tbh
I took a photo of it. I'll try to attach it here.. hmmm I guess I need a URL to post photos here?
(2021-11-02, 00:05)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]@Joeyrub , I have added the season and episode numbers (and episode name) in the list of PVR channels, in the full screen info that you were mentioning, and also in the EPG.  It is important to note that Kodi does not provide info labels for the next programme season, and the next programme episode while a PVR channel is playing, so, in the full screen info screen I am only showing season and episode for the current programme.

Since it seems to me that you installed Amber from the Kodi repo, please be advised that the version in that repo is rather old, and I have made many changes since then.  In order to test the fixes that you asked for, you would have to download the skin from my GitHub, from these links:

Matrix: https://github.com/bartolomesoriano/skin...master.zip

Leia: https://github.com/bartolomesoriano/skin...s/Leia.zip

Then, replace the skin files with the content of the zip file you downloaded.  If you do not feel comfortable downloading/updating from GitHub, or overwriting skin files in your device, pleae wait until this weekend, and I will upload a new version with the fix to the Amber repositories.  I upload new versions to the Amber repos much more frequently than I upload them to the Kodi repo.

These are the links to the Amber repos:

Matrix: https://github.com/bartolomesoriano/repo...-1.0.2.zip

Leia: https://github.com/bartolomesoriano/repo...-1.0.1.zip

You can go ahead and download the repo for the version of Kodi that you are using, install it, and Amber will auto-update from there.

Regards,

Bart

Oh wow that was quick! But my issue is I'm using Kodi mainly on my big smart tv on the wall. So downloading anything takes times. But I'm gonna try playing around with it too install the Amber repo
ImageImage

Sorry was trying to figure how to post these 2 images. Finally got it
So as you can see when the full osd screen in on, there is a second dot in the bar. But when the screen in on, there is only the one. Like it should be
So please clarify .... If I stick with using only the Kodi repo, will I get the update this weekend? Or this weekend your only updating the Amber repo? So not Kodi repo??
If so I guess I'll have to figure out how to use the ember repo....
Can I install the Amber repo on my smart tv?
Is it possible to change default viewmode? In my opinion, BigList is much better than the default List. When I change the view using left menu, the value is stored, but I need to do it for every list and this is not viable, there are hundreds of them.  Há centenas deles.
(2021-11-03, 09:02)pintassilgo Wrote: [ -> ]Is it possible to change default viewmode? In my opinion, BigList is much better than the default List. When I change the view using left menu, the value is stored, but I need to do it for every list and this is not viable, there are hundreds of them.  Há centenas deles.

Right, I think I get it.
Edit %appdata%\Roaming\Kodi\addons\skin.amber\1080i\Includes.xml
Find the line with <views>
ViewModes are described by numbers. 50 is List, 52 is BigList...
Knowing the id of the ViewMode you want to be default, just move it to the first position. In my case, now it's
<views>52,50,51,511,53,54,55,551,56,501,57,600,58,502</views>
Save and restart Kodi or reload the skin.
(2021-11-03, 09:40)pintassilgo Wrote: [ -> ]Right, I think I get it.
Edit %appdata%\Roaming\Kodi\addons\skin.amber\1080i\Includes.xml

@pintassilgo , that is certainly one way to do it, but it runs the risk of you having to re-do that change whenever I update the skin.  In my opinion, the best method is the following:

1. Ensure that you have the addon script.skinvariables installed and enabled.

2. In Amber settings, in Media views, set "Use New Media Views Selector" to Yes:

3.  then, select "Configure Media Views".  You should get a dialog similar to this:

4.  This allows you to set the default media view for each type of content, both in your library, and for plugins as well (think, for example, of setting the default view for episodes in Netflix to Big List).  For example purposes, I am going to change the default media view for Episodes in my library, which is now set to Panel 2 as you can see above.  So, I select "Library - Episodes", and I get a dialog where I can choose the view type that I want:

So I select Big List, and then I can go back to the main menu, using Back or Esc.  If I now go to any tv show and get to the episodes, they will be in Big List view:

The good thing about this method is that it is persistent across Kodi restarts.  In your case, since you want Big List to be the default for everything, just change it for all of the "Library" choices in the view configuration dialog.  While this is more work than the change in Includes.xml, it will always work independent of any changes I make to the skin.

Hope you find this useful.

Regards,

Bart
(2021-11-03, 01:21)Joeyrub Wrote: [ -> ]So please clarify .... If I stick with using only the Kodi repo, will I get the update this weekend? Or this weekend your only updating the Amber repo? So not Kodi repo??
@Joeyrub , no, you will not get the update.  I am only updating the Amber repos.  And yes, you can install the Amber repo on your smart tv. 

Regards,

Bart
(2021-11-03, 00:57)Joeyrub Wrote: [ -> ]So as you can see when the full osd screen in on, there is a second dot in the bar. But when the screen in on, there is only the one. Like it should be

@Joeyrub , I will look into this.  I think it has something to do with timeshift, which I cannot test, since my PVR backend does not support it.  More to come on this.

Regards,

Bart

UPDATE: @Joeyrub , I have not been able to replicate this error.  I did update the video OSD with the correct seek slider for PVR, but unfortunately, I have no way of testing this.
(2021-11-03, 15:19)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-11-03, 01:21)Joeyrub Wrote: [ -> ]So please clarify .... If I stick with using only the Kodi repo, will I get the update this weekend? Or this weekend your only updating the Amber repo? So not Kodi repo??
@Joeyrub , no, you will not get the update.  I am only updating the Amber repos.  And yes, you can install the Amber repo on your smart tv. 

Regards,

Bart

Thanks for responding. Ok so that means I better figure out how to install n use the Amber repo.
I'm trying to do this on my large Smart tv, it's a Android os. So I tried using the link you gave me for the repo. I saw that when I clicked the link from my phone here, it would give me a pop-up with a zip file to download. So on my TV I had downloaded the Zuki plugin for HdHomeRun, so I tried doing this the same way. I use the AFT Downloader app, and just type the link in with the on screen virtual keyboard. So long links take forever. So I had to try a few different versions of yours till I got it right finally. It downloaded the zip file. But when I click to open it, I get a toast pop-up that there is no app to handle it.
So I need a little help n guidance please here? Do I need to install a file browser kinda app?
Any help with the further steps would be greatly appreciated. Cause I really wanna get the updated fixed version.
Thanks
(2021-11-03, 18:46)Joeyrub Wrote: [ -> ]Any help with the further steps would be greatly appreciated. Cause I really wanna get the updated fixed version.

@Joeyrub , you might need a file browser type of app for your Android TV, if the zip file was downloaded to a folder that Kodi cannot access.  In theory, you do not need to open the zip file with any app, you just need to start Kodi, go to Settings, Addons, Install from zip file, and then browse to where you downloaded the zip file, and select the zip file you downloaded.  That should install the Amber repo.

Now, if the file was downloaded to a folder that Kodi cannot access, you might need a file browser application to move it to a folder that Kodi can access.  What kind of tv do you have? Is it running Android TV or are you using an Android device connected to your TV?

Regards,

Bart
(2021-11-03, 15:19)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]

Regards,

Bart

Ok ok ok. Sorry again, please bare with me here... But I got ahead a little further. I couldn't remember how I had handled the Zuki PVR zip file. So I actually first downloaded the X-plore file browser app. But that only showed the the text files in the folder, no option to install or run exe file etc.. but I finally remembered, that I opened and installed the last zip folder from within Kodi itself. So I did that again. I went to the Add-ons page, install from zip file, and navigated to this new downloaded amber matrix zip. And walla.... It installed the Amber repo. Now I hope it's installed correctly. I checked under My add-ons, add-on repository, and I see the Amber Repository, installed, and enabled, and I turned on the Auto Update.
So if this is indeed installed correctly now. What now? How will this affect the Amber skin? I don't see any options with the add-on page, only auto update, disable, uninstall, news. (Configure, and run, are both greyed out)
So given that you mentioned that since I installed mine from the Kodi repo then it's probably very old. Then I'd expect to see at some a previous update available to me already? Na?
And how will this work? The updates will available for download from with the Amber repo add-on page??

And sorry. I'm trying my best to go out alone here... I'm surprised I got it installed all by myself (if it is even correct).. but I seem stuck here again.
I'm sure you have to explain all this many many times. And I apologize for asking you to do it yet again. But it would be a big help to me if you would.
Thanks
@bsoriano 

Hi Bart,

I think I found a minor language bug. When I go to LibreELEC setting to do a manual update, I see the "Add Art Type" as shown in the image below.

Regards,

Sehdrock
(2021-11-03, 19:21)Joeyrub Wrote: [ -> ]And sorry. I'm trying my best to go out alone here... I'm surprised I got it installed all by myself (if it is even correct).. but I seem stuck here again.
I'm sure you have to explain all this many many times. And I apologize for asking you to do it yet again. But it would be a big help to me if you would.
@Joeyrub 

No worries! I am glad that you got it installed.  If you have auto-update for addons enabled, Amber should have updated itself.  If not, you can go to the addon information page for the Amber skin, select "versions", and select the one that is from the Amber repository.

I apologize if this sounds too basic, but please make sure that you downloaded the Amber repo for the Kodi version that you are using (18.x - Leia, 19.x - Matrix).  Thanks.

You can always tell what version of Amber you are using by going to Amber settings.  On the lower left side of all Amber settings screens is the version.  If you are on Matrix and the version is 3.4.11, that means that you have not updated yet to the Amber repo version, which is 3.4.31.  

Again, if you have automatic updates enabled for addons, you do not have to do anything; Amber will update itself from the repo whenever I upload a new version.  If you do not have automatic updates enabled, you can always browse addons, go to my addons, select addon repository, and then, you can bring up the context menu for the Amber repository, and select check for updates.  If there is a new version of Amber, it will show up in "Available Updates" when you browse addons, and you can install the update by selecting the Amber skin.

Do not hesitate to ask all of the questions you need to ask.  I will do my best to answer.

Regards,

Bart
(2021-11-03, 20:35)shedrock Wrote: [ -> ]I think I found a minor language bug. When I go to LibreELEC setting to do a manual update, I see the "Add Art Type" as shown in the image below.

@shedrock , thanks for pointing this out; I will look into it.

Regards,

Bart