Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2019-10-08, 00:02)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-10-07, 23:46)Cyberdom Wrote: [ -> ]I just updated Amber 3.2.21 but I have not had time to look at it yet.
The set info dialog of sagas works.
I have a first question, can we use the alphabetic band in the fanart view ? If so how do we do it ? Because pressing the right, we move to the next series or film.
(2019-10-02, 19:48)edjalmo Wrote: [ -> ]@Cyberdom Transifex is a site for translations. You create a acount there, and select a language to help translate. Amber are inside XBMC-Foundation projects: https://www.transifex.com/teamxbmc/
But theres a little problem there @bsoriano, the .po file that exist is kinda old, theres a lot of text that don't exist there. You can control the frequency that transifex give and get updates from you repo? 
I just registered on the Transifex website. I tried your link @edjalmo but it gives a 404 error.
So, I looked "XBMC-foundation -> Kodi Skin", this is the right place to translate Amber ? I made a request to join the team and I await the answer.
When translating a term in Transiflex, is it immediately translated into Amber or is there a delay ?        
@Cyberdom , my apologies I did not include that in my post.  To use the alphabet strip in fanart view, you press down (if gallery is not enabled).      
OK, for my part, I use the fanart view and the gallery.
On the other hand, I noticed that by activating the alphabetic strip, there was no longer the lift in the list view. Is this normal ?

(2019-10-08, 00:02)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]As for Transifex, yes, that is the way to go.  There is a delay in seeing the translation appear in the skin.  They update, if there are new or updated translations, once a week.

Regards,

Bart 
I made the request last night to join the team on Transifex, but still no answer this morning.
Do you know how long does it take to be accepted into the team ?
On the KODI Skins page it says "No activity in recent weeks", is this normal ?
https://www.transifex.com/teamxbmc/kodi-skins/

Another thing, for the movies, I created a submenu for the movies in progress with the Embuary helper extension.
It works but in the top bar, it's marked "Embuary helper". It would be better to show "Movies in progress".
@bsoriano just a little issue in episodes info page: for what I noticed theres no custom list for they, however when I open a tv show or movie info page and next go to a episode info page, they will show the custom lists of the previous tv show or movie that I opened.
This come to me another good shortcut for episodes info page: make the tv show name clickable (good for who are accessing episodes through the shelves).
(2019-10-08, 15:06)edjalmo Wrote: [ -> ]@bsoriano just a little issue in episodes info page: for what I noticed theres no custom list for they, however when I open a tv show or movie info page and next go to a episode info page, they will show the custom lists of the previous tv show or movie that I opened.
This come to me another good shortcut for episodes info page: make the tv show name clickable (good for who are accessing episodes through the shelves).
@edjalmo , I cannot reproduce that issue here, at least in Matrix.  I will test also in Leia a little later.  Could you please let me know the exact sequence of steps you took to get the issue, and also send me screenshots? Much appreciated.

As to the shortcut, to see if I understood correctly, when clicking on the TV Show name, this would take you to browse the tv show, correct?

Regards,

Bart
(2019-10-08, 11:47)Cyberdom Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-10-07, 23:46)Cyberdom Wrote: [ -> ]I just updated Amber 3.2.21 but I have not had time to look at it yet.
I have a first question, can we use the alphabetic band in the fanart view ? If so how do we do it ? Because pressing the right, we move to the next series or film.
I just registered on the Transifex website. I tried your link @edjalmo but it gives a 404 error.
So, I looked "XBMC-foundation -> Kodi Skin", this is the right place to translate Amber ? I made a request to join the team and I await the answer.
When translating a term in Transiflex, is it immediately translated into Amber or is there a delay ?        
@Cyberdom , my apologies I did not include that in my post.  To use the alphabet strip in fanart view, you press down (if gallery is not enabled).         
On the other hand, I noticed that by activating the alphabetic strip, there was no longer the lift in the list view. Is this normal ?

(2019-10-08, 00:02)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]As for Transifex, yes, that is the way to go.  There is a delay in seeing the translation appear in the skin.  They update, if there are new or updated translations, once a week.

Regards,

Bart 
I made the request last night to join the team on Transifex, but still no answer this morning.

Another thing, for the movies, I created a submenu for the movies in progress with the Embuary helper extension.
It works but in the top bar, it's marked "Embuary helper". It would be better to show "Movies in progress".   
@Cyberdom , as to your first question, do you mean that with the alphabet strip displayed you do not see the scrollbar? If that is the question then yes, that is by design: you either have the alphabet strip or the scrollbar if the alphabet strip is disabled or the sort order is not one of the ones I mentioned.

I am not sure about how long the Kodi team takes to answer requests to join translation teams in Transifex.

As for the last issue, there is not much I can do, because when you are browsing those movies, from the skin I do not know what option you chose in Embuary Helper, and Kodi just populates the folder name with the addon name.  Thus, it shows Embuary Helper.  I need to investigate further if there is any way of getting that info in order to show it.

Regards,

Bart
(2019-10-08, 03:18)edjalmo Wrote: [ -> ]@bsoriano talk with team Kodi about transifex updates, the last for Amber it was on september 1st.
You guys talking about fanart view reminded me about what @Edworld said before. I think he are right about movie title. Also when push down for galery is enabled and alphabetic strip are show, they touch the media flags, you need to put all just a little up. They also are showing a plot line, in black color, touching the media flags, check image.

@edjalmo , I made some changes to Fanart view, they are in Git already..  The plot shadow now does not overlap the media flags.  I cannot replicate any scenario in which the alphabet strip touches the media flags.  I will not be removing the title from the footer when Info is enabled, and I will not be showing any additional rating information in this view.  The main rating (and votes) are already shown in the footer.

I also fixed the title in the footer overlapping the poster when the poster is focused and the title is long.  Also, the row of posters does not move down now when info is enabled.

Please test and let me know what you think.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2019-10-09, 01:03)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]@edjalmo , I made some changes to Fanart view, they are in Git already..  The plot shadow now does not overlap the media flags.  I cannot replicate any scenario in which the alphabet strip touches the media flags.  I will not be removing the title from the footer when Info is enabled, and I will not be showing any additional rating information in this view.  The main rating (and votes) are already shown in the footer.

I also fixed the title in the footer overlapping the poster when the poster is focused and the title is long.  Also, the row of posters does not move down now when info is enabled.

Regards,

Bart
Thanks!
Alphabet strip show and touch the media flags when "push down for gallery" are enabled and activated and we scroll more faster.
(2019-10-08, 23:30)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]@edjalmo , I cannot reproduce that issue here, at least in Matrix.  I will test also in Leia a little later.  Could you please let me know the exact sequence of steps you took to get the issue, and also send me screenshots? Much appreciated.

Open a info page of any movie or tv show > navigate in your custom lists > go out for a info page of any episode and you will see the same custom list that you saw before in the movie or tv show.
In screenshot case I navigate in Spider Man custom lists.
(2019-10-08, 23:30)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]As to the shortcut, to see if I understood correctly, when clicking on the TV Show name, this would take you to browse the tv show, correct?
Yes!
(2019-10-09, 01:50)edjalmo Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-10-09, 01:03)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]@edjalmo , I made some changes to Fanart view, they are in Git already..  The plot shadow now does not overlap the media flags.  I cannot replicate any scenario in which the alphabet strip touches the media flags.  I will not be removing the title from the footer when Info is enabled, and I will not be showing any additional rating information in this view.  The main rating (and votes) are already shown in the footer.

Regards,

Bart
Thanks!
Alphabet strip show and touch the media flags when "push down for gallery" are enabled and activated and we scroll more faster. 
@edjalmo, if I understood correctly, this happens when you are scrolling fast through the gallery.  Please check the latest from Git, I think I fixed that.

Also, I made the tv show title clickable for episodes (local episodes) in video info.  When you click on the tv show title, you will be taken to the root of the tv show.

Regards,

Bart
(2019-10-09, 01:58)edjalmo Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-10-08, 23:30)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]@edjalmo , I cannot reproduce that issue here, at least in Matrix.  I will test also in Leia a little later.  Could you please let me know the exact sequence of steps you took to get the issue, and also send me screenshots? Much appreciated.

Open a info page of any movie or tv show > navigate in your custom lists > go out for a info page of any episode and you will see the same custom list that you saw before in the movie or tv show.
In screenshot case I navigate in Spider Man custom lists.
(2019-10-08, 23:30)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]As to the shortcut, to see if I understood correctly, when clicking on the TV Show name, this would take you to browse the tv show, correct?
Yes! 

@edjalmo , I cannot replicate the issue you mention either in Leia or Matrix.  The only list I get for episodes in video info is the cast.

Regards,

Bart
(2019-10-09, 02:41)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-10-09, 01:50)edjalmo Wrote: [ -> ]

Regards,

Bart
Thanks!
@edjalmo, if I understood correctly, this happens when you are scrolling fast through the gallery.  Please check the latest from Git, I think I fixed that.

Also, I made the tv show title clickable for episodes (local episodes) in video info.  When you click on the tv show title, you will be taken to the root of the tv show.

Regards,

Bart  
Alphabet strip issue solved and thanks for tv show clickable! Smile

Remember of tab space for blur settings Wink
xml:

Blur background
   blur settings
(2019-10-09, 02:42)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]@edjalmo , I cannot replicate the issue you mention either in Leia or Matrix.  The only list I get for episodes in video info is the cast.
You saw a custom list of a movie before episode, right?! Don't know why this are happening here.

Regards,

Bart 

@Cyberdom , I made some changes to fanart view, they are in Git.  Also, @sualfred was kind enough to let me know what I needed to do in order to display the category you chose from Embuary Helper instead of just Embuary Helper in the top bar.  That change is also in Git.  You might have to configure again your submenu; please ensure you are running the latest version of Embuary Helper as well.

Regards,

Bart
(2019-10-09, 17:55)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-10-08, 00:02)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]@Cyberdom , my apologies I did not include that in my post.  To use the alphabet strip in fanart view, you press down (if gallery is not enabled).       

Regards,

Bart 

@Cyberdom , I made some changes to fanart view, they are in Git.  Also, @sualfred was kind enough to let me know what I needed to do in order to display the category you chose from Embuary Helper instead of just Embuary Helper in the top bar.  That change is also in Git.  You might have to configure again your submenu; please ensure you are running the latest version of Embuary Helper as well.

Regards,

Bart        
Thank you @bsoriano. Will this update be available on Amber repository ? That's what I use for updates.

I noticed another problem with French translations in view mode. The list is displayed but there are 2 times "GRANDE LISTE". The first "GRANDE LISTE" should be modified by "LISTE LARGE" and leave the second with "GRANDE LISTE".
It should also be translated these view modes into Settings -> Media Views :
Like this:
LIST -> Liste
PANEL -> Panneau
BIGLIST -> Liste large
ICONS -> Icônes
LOWLIST -> Petite liste
BIGPANEL -> Grand panneau

Subsequently, there will be more French translations to put in Amber but for now, I have not yet a response from Transifex.
(2019-10-09, 22:54)Cyberdom Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-10-09, 17:55)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-10-08, 11:47)Cyberdom Wrote: [ -> ]OK, for my part, I use the fanart view and the gallery.

Regards,

Bart          
Thank you @bsoriano. Will this update be available on Amber repository ? That's what I use for updates.

I noticed another problem with French translations in view mode. The list is displayed but there are 2 times "GRANDE LISTE". The first "GRANDE LISTE" should be modified by "LISTE LARGE" and leave the second with "GRANDE LISTE".
Like this:
LIST -> Liste
PANEL -> Panneau
BIGLIST -> Liste large
ICONS -> Icônes
LOWLIST -> Petite liste

Subsequently, there will be more French translations to put in Amber but for now, I have not yet a response from Transifex.  

@Cyberdom , yes , the update will be on the Amber repo shortly.  As for those specific French translations, I will go ahead and do them directly while you are waiting for a transifex response.  I am also waiting for a Transifex response so I can upload the latest version of the English strings.

Regards,

Bart

EDIT: @Cyberdom, the changes are already in the Amber repo as version 3.2.22.
(2019-10-09, 23:00)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-10-09, 22:54)Cyberdom Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-10-09, 17:55)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]@Cyberdom , I made some changes to fanart view, they are in Git.  Also, @sualfred was kind enough to let me know what I needed to do in order to display the category you chose from Embuary Helper instead of just Embuary Helper in the top bar.  That change is also in Git.  You might have to configure again your submenu; please ensure you are running the latest version of Embuary Helper as well.

Regards,

Bart         

Like this:
LIST -> Liste
PANEL -> Panneau
BIGLIST -> Liste large
ICONS -> Icônes
LOWLIST -> Petite liste

@Cyberdom , yes , the update will be on the Amber repo shortly.  As for those specific French translations, I will go ahead and do them directly while you are waiting for a transifex response.  I am also waiting for a Transifex response so I can upload the latest version of the English strings.

Regards,

Bart   
Thank you @bsoriano. Do you have any idea in how long the update will be available on the Amber repository ?