Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2022-02-08, 07:35)Dragoninja Wrote: [ -> ]@bsoriano I just checked and that settings is switched off.
I turned on debugging and have save my log here: kepixecuwa.kodi (paste)
Also checked with Arctic Zephyr Reloaded and Arctic Horizon and the widgets load up faster.

@Dragoninja , I looked at your log, and I do not see anything that, to my knowledge, would indicate what the issue is.  Arctic Zephyr Reloaded only shows one widget at a time, and Arctic Horizon is only vertical, and all widgets for all menu items are shown together.  Most likely the code in those skins is more efficient for devices like the Fire TV 4K.  At this time, I am not planning on redoing the widgets code in Amber, so there is nothing else I can do.  My apologies.

Regards,

Bart
(2022-02-07, 17:44)bobrap Wrote: [ -> ]
(2022-02-06, 22:45)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2022-01-29, 18:38)bobrap Wrote: [ -> ]Okay, that sounds great.  I will definitely give it a go.  Thanks again.

@bobrap , I just updated the Nexus branch on GitHub with all of the changes I have done for Matrix, as well as including the skinning engine changes for Nexus.  Please test and let me know how it goes.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
@bsoriano  Thanks, appreciate that.  I'll check it out today and get back to you.
Everything looks fine.  No problems discovered.
(2022-02-08, 20:56)bobrap Wrote: [ -> ]Everything looks fine.  No problems discovered.

Thanks for testing!

Regards,

Bart
(2022-02-08, 15:01)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2022-02-08, 07:35)Dragoninja Wrote: [ -> ]@bsoriano I just checked and that settings is switched off.
I turned on debugging and have save my log here: kepixecuwa.kodi (paste)
Also checked with Arctic Zephyr Reloaded and Arctic Horizon and the widgets load up faster.

@Dragoninja , I looked at your log, and I do not see anything that, to my knowledge, would indicate what the issue is.  Arctic Zephyr Reloaded only shows one widget at a time, and Arctic Horizon is only vertical, and all widgets for all menu items are shown together.  Most likely the code in those skins is more efficient for devices like the Fire TV 4K.  At this time, I am not planning on redoing the widgets code in Amber, so there is nothing else I can do.  My apologies.

Regards,

Bart

No problem.. thanks for looking into it anyway!
Hi Bart,
         I was just checking my kodi log and noticed all these new error messages coming up. They are right near the end of the log and seems to come from a "Misplaced ["

Log is here

http://paste.kodi.tv/agozetosuk

Just though you should know

cheers

John
There isn't another Kodi skin that even comes close to Amber!!!
Just FYI.
I've been trying all the others. And they don't even come close! None are so customizable, so intuitive, so good looking.
Bart you are the man!

Just wanted to say this.
No issues, no suggestions, no complaints.
Just complimenting
(2022-02-10, 06:05)dawsonjw Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Bart,
         I was just checking my kodi log and noticed all these new error messages coming up. They are right near the end of the log and seems to come from a "Misplaced ["

Log is here

cheers

John

@dawsonjw , thanks for reporting this.  I just fixed this on GitHub.  Please check and let me know.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2022-02-10, 21:09)Joeyrub Wrote: [ -> ]There isn't another Kodi skin that even comes close to Amber!!!
Just FYI.
I've been trying all the others. And they don't even come close! None are so customizable, so intuitive, so good looking.
Bart you are the man!

Just wanted to say this.
No issues, no suggestions, no complaints.
Just complimenting

@Joeyrub, thank you so much! Big Grin

Regards,

Bart
(2022-02-10, 23:18)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2022-02-10, 06:05)dawsonjw Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Bart,

Log is here

cheers

John

@dawsonjw , thanks for reporting this.  I just fixed this on GitHub.  Please check and let me know.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Hi Bart,
          the "Misplaced [" error is now gone.   Thanks for that.

I have noticed another 2 errors in log below.  Not sure if they mean something to you but....

http://paste.kodi.tv/jatesafase

Noticed at line 516 there is an error.

T:7056 ERROR <general>: Control has invalid animation type (no condition or no type)

Also at line 606 & 607 in the same log there are these messages...

T:10068 ERROR <general>: Missing operand
T:10068 ERROR <general>: Error parsing boolean expression !

Hope this helps

cheers

John
(2022-02-11, 02:35)dawsonjw Wrote: [ -> ]Noticed at line 516 there is an error.

T:7056 ERROR <general>: Control has invalid animation type (no condition or no type)

@dawsonjw , thanks for the report.  I have not been able to replicate the first error you point out, and the second one I am aware of, but have not been able to firgure out the cause.

Regards,

Bart
(2022-02-11, 18:57)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2022-02-11, 02:35)dawsonjw Wrote: [ -> ]Noticed at line 516 there is an error.

@dawsonjw , thanks for the report.  I have not been able to replicate the first error you point out, and the second one I am aware of, but have not been able to firgure out the cause.

Regards,

Bart
Hi Bart,

would a debug log be of any assistance?

regards

John
@dawsonjw, thanks, but unfortunately there is no additional information in a debug log for this issue, I have already looked at a debug log in my system.

Regards,

Bart
Hi, I recently started using Kodi and after trying a few different skins I landed on this one (Amber for Matrix). The customization possibilities are great, I absolutely love it.
First I apologize for my bad English, it's not my mother tongue, so I use google translate.
I use these skin settings:
- Home Vertical
- View type Fanart Netflix Style (View_56_Fanart.xml)
- Use autotrailer from well configured local file.nfo (movietitle-trailer.mp4)
- I do not use autotrailers or trailers for TV series or episodes

I would like to show "auto" trailer resized in the upper left corner with the same image "fanart_diffuse.png", I don't know if I have explained myself well, so below I inserted some sample images.

Now, I found this code in .....Roaming\Kodi\addons\skin.amber\1080i\include_Backround.xml file:

Quote:I edited from:

<control type="videowindow">
<visible>Player.HasVideo + [Skin.HasSetting(Show_VideoBackground) | Skin.HasSetting(AutoPlayTrailer)]</visible>
<include>Dimensions_Fullscreen</include>
</control>

to:

<control type="videowindow">
<visible>Player.HasVideo + [Skin.HasSetting(Show_VideoBackground) | Skin.HasSetting(AutoPlayTrailer)]</visible>
<visible>Control.IsVisible(56) + $EXP[56_FanartViewNetflix]</visible>
<left>250</left>
<width>1896</width>
<height>864</height>
<timeperimage>8000</timeperimage>
<fadetime>400</fadetime>
<imagepath background="true" diffuse="img/fanart_diffuse.png">$VAR[SubBackground]</imagepath>
<randomize>true</randomize>
<aspectratio>keep</aspectratio>
<!--<include>Dimensions_Fullscreen</include>-->
</control>

The video I can resize it to the right position, but I can't overlay the image "fanart_diffuse.png"

I'm not very code-savvy but something I can see and understand.
I wonder if they are in the right file but more important if it is feasible.

I hope I was understandable in my explanation, in addition if it helps I can show pictures.

Thank you for your kind attention.
(2022-02-12, 14:42)dom323 Wrote: [ -> ]The video I can resize it to the right position, but I can't overlay the image "fanart_diffuse.png"

I'm not very code-savvy but something I can see and understand.
I wonder if they are in the right file but more important if it is feasible.

I hope I was understandable in my explanation, in addition if it helps I can show pictures.

@dom323 , this is possible, and thank you for bringing this up.  I want to make it a setting that you can enable to play the trailer in a window in the Netflix style fanart view.  Please give me a little bit of time and I will upload changes to GitHub to do just that.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

EDIT: @dom323 , the changes are already on GitHub (Matrix: https://github.com/bartolomesoriano/skin...master.zip).  There is a new option in Fanart view settings, when you have the Netflix style enabled, that appears for movies and tv shows:

If you set that to Yes, the trailer will auto play in a window, with an overlay, like you were requesting.  Please test and let me know if this is what you were looking for.  Thanks.
Exactly what I was looking for is perfect.

Thanks Sir