Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2022-01-09, 01:25)fsurfer Wrote: [ -> ]The additional looks great, however if you move the mouse to the right - off the box () End appears

@fsurfer, thanks for pointing this out.  I just fixed this on GitHub (Matrix and Leia).  Please test and let me know.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2022-01-09, 01:16)G0mez Wrote: [ -> ]As we can see that last video on shelf that is focused, poster isn"t fully showing on screen

@G0mez, unfortunately, I have not been able to replicate this issue.

Regards,

Bart
(2022-01-10, 23:08)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]@robertlaing , I think those are good ideas, I just added them on GitHub.  They look like this:
Hi Bart,

Will this be added to Leia as well?
(2022-01-11, 03:13)shedrock Wrote: [ -> ]Will this be added to Leia as well?

@shedrock , yes, of course.  In fact, it is already added on GitHub.

Regards,

Bart
(2022-01-11, 16:01)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]@shedrock , yes, of course.  In fact, it is already added on GitHub.
Thank you Bart.
Hi Bart,

That is so great, thank you very much indeed.
Your work is very much appreciated.

One other thing I have noticed on the movie information page is that the button called "EXTRAS", when clicked, opens into a choice of Choose Art or Show Fanart.
I was wondering if you could do away with the EXTRAS button and just have two buttons instead called CHOOSE ART and SHOW FANART?
So just make each option a direct click?

What do you think?

Kind regards,
Robert.
(2022-01-11, 16:45)robertlaing Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Bart,

That is so great, thank you very much indeed.
Your work is very much appreciated.

One other thing I have noticed on the movie information page is that the button called "EXTRAS", when clicked, opens into a choice of Choose Art or Show Fanart.
I was wondering if you could do away with the EXTRAS button and just have two buttons instead called CHOOSE ART and SHOW FANART?

What do you think?

Kind regards,
Robert.

Hi,

there is an addon called Extras, Add-on:Extras - which I and expect many others use. A folder called Extras is created per movie and(or) TV-Series that can contain shorts etc. not on TMDB or TVDB sites
(2022-01-11, 16:45)robertlaing Wrote: [ -> ]One other thing I have noticed on the movie information page is that the button called "EXTRAS", when clicked, opens into a choice of Choose Art or Show Fanart.

@robertlaing , I will not be changing that, my apologies.  There are more options that can appear under the Extras button, such as Artwork Beef options (need Artwork Beef addon) and Edit Library Data (need script.metadata.editor), so I will leave as is.

Regards,

Bart
(2022-01-10, 23:37)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2022-01-09, 01:25)fsurfer Wrote: [ -> ]The additional looks great, however if you move the mouse to the right - off the box () End appears

@fsurfer, thanks for pointing this out.  I just fixed this on GitHub (Matrix and Leia).  Please test and let me know.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Thank you Bart, all good
I installed Kodi 19.3 on my Xbox with Amber skin all good. But then I tried to install the Amber skin from the Amber repo to get the latest version and I can't get it to download it just removes the Amber from the Kodi repo and hangs?
@chrissxuk , there must be some issue with your system.  The Amber repos are all working correctly, as far as I can test.

Regards,

Bart
Hello all,

First of, Happy New Year, may this 2022 bring health, peace and joy.

I have uploaded versions 3.4.32 (Matrix) and 3.2.152 (Leia) to GitHub and the Amber repos.  I apologize for the long delay in uploading a  new version.  These versions provide a lot of bug fixes (thank you to all of you that have been reporting issues that you have found), and some new functionality:

1. Allow different view types for PVR windows.  Amber will now support changing the view type, to almost all that the skin provides, for PVR Channels, Timers, Timer Rules, Recordings and Search.  Not all view types are supported, and I am not planning on providing any view changes for the EPG.

2. Search Trailer button in Video Info Dialog.  If there is no local trailer (or tmdb helper provided trailer), Amber will allow you to search for a trailer.  The search is done using the YouTube addon, which you need to have configured and working.  You can also specify to use the IMDb Trailers addon to search for a trailer.  Of course, you need that addon configured and working to use that option.

3. Include Date Added and Last Played date in Video Info Dialog.

4. Setting to Enable Direct Seeking in Full Screen Info.
  If this is disabled (the default), then Amber will show the Cast and Plot buttons in the full screen info window.  If enabled, these buttons will not be shown, but you will be able to seek directly (inputting numbers) from this screen.

5.  Setting to Always Show Info Panel for Lists.

6.  Setting to Open EPG with the Teletext Button in the OSD.

7. Allow Using Main Menu Item Background as Background for Sub Windows.

8.  Length of Startup Video is Configurable.

9. Auto-Close Video OSD time is inactive seconds.  Now the Auto Close Video OSD function is based on seconds of inactivity.

10.  Allow changing PVR Timeshift Buffer Color.

11. Show Movie Info for Linked Movie(s) in Episodes List Dialog.  If you have a movie linked to a tv show, Amber will now show some basic movie info for that movie in the Episodes List dialog.

As I mentioned before, there are also many fixes.  Given that there were quite a few new features (albeit small), I chose not to include screenshots in this post.  If any of you would like a screenshot of a particualr function/setting, please let me know.  Thanks.

Please download, update, and let me know if you find any issues.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Hi Bart
Thanks for all the great work on this release. I have however notice a problem with the Live TV guide search window. When you pull up the search guide window the text that is typed into the virtual keyboard shows as black or something close to black on the filter page. You can see it ok on the virtual keyboard page just the page headed Search guide

Cheers

John
(2022-01-11, 22:44)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]@chrissxuk , there must be some issue with your system.  The Amber repos are all working correctly, as far as I can test.

Regards,

Bart
I am not sure what you mean by something wrong with my system it's an Xbox with a clean install of Kodi it only has your Skin which worked perfectly when taken from the Kodi repo but there are some enhancements not in the Kodi repo that I quite like. All I did was install Kodi then the mjh fix then your repo but Amber will not update from your repo. I'm not sure what else I can do other than try from scratch again.
(2022-01-11, 23:15)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]Hello all,

First of, Happy New Year, may this 2022 bring health, peace and joy.

I have uploaded versions 3.4.32 (Matrix) and 3.2.152 (Leia) to GitHub and the Amber repos.  I apologize for the long delay in uploading a  new version.  These versions provide a lot of bug fixes (thank you to all of you that have been reporting issues that you have found), and some new functionality:
Very nice!! Constant evolution. Well done sir.