Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
@bsoriano , I upgraded to version 3.1.13 and both issues are resolved.

On the other hand, with this new version of Amber, the logos of the TV channels are not displayed anymore when I read a TV recording.
It worked well since version 3.1.11 but since version 3.1.13, it does not work anymore.
Did you change anything in version 3.1.13 to display logos in TV shows ?
Can you solve this problem ?

Another thing, can you still decrease the scrolling speed of the summaries in the different views ?
(2019-05-01, 22:00)Cyberdom Wrote: [ -> ]@bsoriano , I upgraded to version 3.1.13 and both issues are resolved.

On the other hand, with this new version of Amber, the logos of the TV channels are not displayed anymore when I read a TV recording.
It worked well since version 3.1.11 but since version 3.1.13, it does not work anymore.
Did you change anything in version 3.1.13 to display logos in TV shows ?
Can you solve this problem ?

Another thing, can you still decrease the scrolling speed of the summaries in the different views ?
@Cyberdom , thanks for confirming that the issues were resolved.  I did not touch the code for showing the logo/icon.  No recording is showing the channel logo?

EDIT: There were files that were outdated in my last push to the Amber repo.  I just fixed that.  Please download from Git or let the skin auto-update and check again if the channel logo is showing for recordings.  Thanks.

As for the scrolling speed, I thought I had decreased it by half in all views.  With what view are you still seeing it go too fast? Please let me know.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2019-05-01, 23:39)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]EDIT: There were files that were outdated in my last push to the Amber repo.  I just fixed that.  Please download from Git or let the skin auto-update and check again if the channel logo is showing for recordings.  Thanks.
I am already with the latest version 3.1.13 so even with the Amber repository Kodi does not launch an update. I forced the update manually from the Amber repository but the logos of the TV channels still do not display when reading a recording.
The funny thing is that it worked properly before version 3.1.13.
Should I completely uninstall Amber and reinstall it ?
(2019-05-01, 23:39)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]As for the scrolling speed, I thought I had decreased it by half in all views.  With what view are you still seeing it go too fast? Please let me know.  Thanks.
Yes, I saw that you had slowed the scrolling of the abstracts. But it would be nice to slow it down a bit, especially in the FANART view.
nm....nothing to see here
(2019-05-02, 11:51)Cyberdom Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-05-01, 23:39)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]EDIT: There were files that were outdated in my last push to the Amber repo.  I just fixed that.  Please download from Git or let the skin auto-update and check again if the channel logo is showing for recordings.  Thanks.
I am already with the latest version 3.1.13 so even with the Amber repository Kodi does not launch an update. I forced the update manually from the Amber repository but the logos of the TV channels still do not display when reading a recording.
The funny thing is that it worked properly before version 3.1.13.
Should I completely uninstall Amber and reinstall it ?
(2019-05-01, 23:39)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]As for the scrolling speed, I thought I had decreased it by half in all views.  With what view are you still seeing it go too fast? Please let me know.  Thanks.
Yes, I saw that you had slowed the scrolling of the abstracts. But it would be nice to slow it down a bit, especially in the FANART view. 
@Cyberdom, don't worry about uninstalling and reinstalling.  A little later today I will post a version with a higher number to the Amber repo, this should solve the issue of the channel logos.

As for the plot scrolling speed, could you please send me a screenshot of the fanart view that shows which is the area you would like scrolling to be slower? Perhaps I have not addressed all scenarios yet.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2019-05-02, 18:45)griffindodd Wrote: [ -> ]nm....nothing to see here
@griffindodd , so there is no skin issue to address? I am sorry I did not reply earlier to your post.

Regards,

Bart
(2019-05-03, 00:33)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]@Cyberdom, don't worry about uninstalling and reinstalling.  A little later today I will post a version with a higher number to the Amber repo, this should solve the issue of the channel logos.
OK, I'm waiting for the new version.
(2019-05-03, 00:33)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]As for the plot scrolling speed, could you please send me a screenshot of the fanart view that shows which is the area you would like scrolling to be slower? Perhaps I have not addressed all scenarios yet.  Thanks.
This is especially in the FANART view, at the bottom of the window :
(2019-05-03, 00:35)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
@griffindodd , so there is no skin issue to address? I am sorry I did not reply earlier to your post.

Regards,

Bart 

No I was testing multiple skins and I got the mixed up when reporting a bug.

Three questions I do have though
- Can I rename the default menu items on the home page?
- Is there a way to make a custom menu item on the home page that will restart Kodi
- Is there a way to disable the view options (side bar) so my house guests don't get into there.
(2019-05-03, 21:33)griffindodd Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-05-03, 00:35)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]

Regards,

Bart   

No I was testing multiple skins and I got the mixed up when reporting a bug.

Three questions I do have though
- Can I rename the default menu items on the home page?
- Is there a way to make a custom menu item on the home page that will restart Kodi
- Is there a way to disable the view options (side bar) so my house guests don't get into there.  
@griffindodd , thanks for confirming.  As for your questions:

- No, at this time this is not possible.  It will be when I rewrite the menu system using skinshortcuts (no ETA yet)

- In theory, there is under Windows or Linux.  You can call XBMC.RestartApp, but I have found (under Windows) that all it does is close Kodi, but it does not restart it.  I think the best way to go about this is to create a batch (shellscript) file that closes Kodi and starts it again, and assign a custom menu item to call XBMC.System.Exec(full path of your batch/shellscript file).  You can do this by enabling skin shortcuts in the skin settings, advanced, and then for your custom home item, selecting Custom item for the type of shortcut, which lets you write the custom command you want.

- Not at this time, the skin does not have a "Kiosk" mode.  I will add this to my To-Do list.

EDIT: I added an initial implementation of a Kiosk mode today.  Please update to version 3.1.14 (Git or Amber repo), test and let me know what you think.

Regards,

Bart
Hello all,

Version 3.1.14 is on Git and the Amber repo.  Main change is an initial implementation of "Kiosk"mode.  This mode disables changing view settings and certain buttons on info dialogs that change your content. This mode is useful when you have guests who you do not want changing the settings when browsing your libraries.  Note that this mode does not disable the Settings main menu item.

To enable Kiosk mode, go to Settings, Amber Settings, Advanced, and set Enable Kiosk Mode to Yes.

Please download (or auto-update), test, and let me know your feedback.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2019-05-03, 16:09)Cyberdom Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-05-03, 00:33)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]@Cyberdom, don't worry about uninstalling and reinstalling.  A little later today I will post a version with a higher number to the Amber repo, this should solve the issue of the channel logos.
OK, I'm waiting for the new version.
(2019-05-03, 00:33)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]As for the plot scrolling speed, could you please send me a screenshot of the fanart view that shows which is the area you would like scrolling to be slower? Perhaps I have not addressed all scenarios yet.  Thanks.
This is especially in the FANART view, at the bottom of the window :
@Cyberdom , could you please try version 3.1.14 (it's on Git or Amber repo) and let me know if the scrolling speed is more agreeable now, and if the channel logos in recordings issue is fixed? Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Thanks for the update @bsoriano , the logos are back.
As for the speed of scrolling, it seems to be good.
Ideally, Amber's settings should have an option to set the desired frame rate.

Some texts should be corrected in the French translation.
On the shelf of the TV Shows, we have this in French :

It's good.

It's good.

Put this : SÉRIES TV NON VUES

Put this : ÉPISODES ALÉATOIRES
Put a sharp accent on the first E of the word ÉPISODES.

For TV Shows, is it possible to view the next episode to watch for the current series on the TV Shows shelf ?
(2019-05-04, 14:11)Cyberdom Wrote: [ -> ]Ideally, Amber's settings should have an option to set the desired frame rate.
Sorry, I can not edit my previous post, so I wanted to say that ideally, it would be nice to have an option in Amber's settings to adjust the scrolling speed.
(2019-05-04, 14:11)Cyberdom Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the update @bsoriano , the logos are back.
As for the speed of scrolling, it seems to be good.
Ideally, Amber's settings should have an option to set the desired frame rate.

Some texts should be corrected in the French translation.
On the shelf of the TV Shows, we have this in French :

It's good.

It's good.

Put this : SÉRIES TV NON VUES

Put this : ÉPISODES ALÉATOIRES
Put a sharp accent on the first E of the word ÉPISODES.

For TV Shows, is it possible to view the next episode to watch for the current series on the TV Shows shelf ?

@Cyberdom, thanks for your feedback. I will fix the translations.

Could you please be more specific on what you mean by next episode to watch? Is it the next unwatched episode for series that you have in progress? Or is it the next episode that is airing today?

The first of those I could add to the shelf, but I would have to remove one of the current options. The second one is already there in the shelf unless you hide it via Amber settings.

Please let me know exactly what you are looking for. Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
If you group movies into sets (e.g. all Lord of the Rings movies) and choose from the context menu of a set the menu item Manage...| Manage Movie Set you get a list of all your movies in your library:

The movies in the set use the colour "Selected" (I guess), which is a shade brighter than the movies not in the set, which (I guess) use the colour "White" (which is actually a light grey #cccccc).
While the colour difference is easily discernable in the above screenshot when viewed at the computer, I'm struggling a bit when seeing it on the TV.
Can the "Selected" colour be a bit brighter or more orange or something?

Thanks a lot!