Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2021-10-19, 01:54)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]If so, the info that can fit in that space would have to be a lot less than what I am showing now. Is that acceptable for you? What info would be most important for you, just the plot or its equivalent for other media types? Please let me know. Thanks.
The screenshot below is how I have my widgets for my TV shows, as well as my Movies. You still have the same landscape area as you do right now the way you have it. Check out my screenshots below.

Oh goodness gracious me. Forgive my horrible grammar in the images. I can't use my right hand for another 4 months.

Something I forgot to mention. The down arrow when o TV shows had a extra feature where it would go to the Top Shelf. I remember that on the skins I told you about. So basically, the up arrow took you to the bottom shelf, as well as top, and down arrow took you to the Top, then if you wanted to, it took you to the bottom, but that's neither here nor there.
(2021-10-19, 02:15)shedrock Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-10-19, 01:54)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]If so, the info that can fit in that space would have to be a lot less than what I am showing now. Is that acceptable for you? What info would be most important for you, just the plot or its equivalent for other media types? Please let me know. Thanks.
The screenshot below is how I have my widgets for my TV shows, as well as my Movies. You still have the same landscape area as you do right now the way you have it. Check out my screenshots below.

Oh goodness gracious me. Forgive my horrible grammar in the images. I can't use my right hand for another 4 months.

@shedrock, thanks again. Horizontally the space is the same, but vertically it is not, since you would like the background to remain as an indication of both shelves being present. I will look into this tomorrow and see what I come up with.

I hope you are not in pain in your hand and are able to manage. I know how hard it is to lose mobility of your dominant hand.

Regards,

Bart
(2021-10-19, 02:22)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]I hope you are not in pain in your hand and are able to manage. I know how hard it is to lose mobility of your dominant hand.

Pain is putting it mildly. I tore my ligament between my index and middle finger, plus they had to use my main tendon in my arm to repair it. It is absolutely brutal, and I have to wear a splint for another 8 weeks. Anyway, thanks for your concern.

Also, based on the images I showed you, you should still have the exact same landscape as you have now. Top and Bottom shelves are 1st present on idle. When the user chooses to jump to the Top, the entire Bottom shelf is populated by the same info you are currently using, and vice versa for the Bottom. Once you go back to TV SHOWS on the main menu, both shelves are visible as normal. Hope you understand.

Regards,

Shedrock
(2021-10-18, 17:34)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-10-18, 06:57)dawsonjw Wrote: [ -> ]Just noticed on in the Live TV / Channels screen there is a [/B] at the end on the Time description half way down the screen on left hand side. It’s on all channels

@dawsonjw , thanks for reporting this.  I had not noticed due to my PVR backend not providing the New/Live/Finale/Premiere flags.  I just fixed this on GitHub.  Please test and let me know that it is indeed fixed.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

Thanks Bart. It’s all good now

Cheers

John
(2021-10-19, 01:54)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-10-19, 01:32)shedrock Wrote: [ -> ]Hopefully this explains it. If not, I'll have to really do a mock-up image of exactly what I mean.

@shedrock, thanks for the additional information. It explains a little more. So you want the background that shows that you have two shelves together to remain on screen, and just the area that each shelf occupies replaced by some info (like plot) when you focus on the other shelf. Is this what you mean?

If so, the info that can fit in that space would have to be a lot less than what I am showing now. Is that acceptable for you? What info would be most important for you, just the plot or its equivalent for other media types? Please let me know. Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Hi Bart

I can't speak for Shedrock, obviously, but the most important things for me would be the list of audio and subtitle languages. It's annoying when I start playback of something and find there are no English subtitles — doubly so if the audio isn't English either!

That said, using this overlay for this info would be excessive, and I suspect a lot more people would rather have the plot there.

Would it be possible to have the flag icons show in the bottom left of the shelves, perhaps? That space doesn't seem to be in use…

(While I'm asking about subtitle-related stuff: could the subtitle picker from the OSD work like the audio track picker, which shows a menu of all the audio tracks and lets the user pick one with up/down + OK? Having it step through one subtitle at a time is very tedious when a file has subtitles for about 25 different languages, and you only wanted to see if there was an English SDH/HI after the standard English subtitles 😁 )

Thanks!
(2021-10-19, 02:15)shedrock Wrote: [ -> ]h goodness gracious me. Forgive my horrible grammar in the images. I can't use my right hand for another 4 months.
Hi,

hope recovery is not too long. I just had Ulnar nerve decompression on my left arm and after 4 years of waiting now have sensation in my hand
(2021-10-19, 10:05)Tiny Clanger Wrote: [ -> ](While I'm asking about subtitle-related stuff: could the subtitle picker from the OSD work like the audio track picker, which shows a menu of all the audio tracks and lets the user pick one with up/down + OK? Having it step through one subtitle at a time is very tedious when a file has subtitles for about 25 different languages, and you only wanted to see if there was an English SDH/HI after the standard English subtitles 😁 )

@Tiny Clanger , you can choose to have the subtitle button in the OSD open the subtitle settings dialog, which has a picker for the subtitles.  You can find the setting here:

Other than that, there is no way that I know for getting to a list of all of the subtitles that, when you choose one, Kodi switches to that subtitle.

Do you know of any skin that does what you were mentioning, from a button showing you the list of subtitles and switching to the one you select? If so, please let me know which skin, so I can see how it is done.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
@bsoriano 
just noticed that the video thumbnail is no longer showing on the bottom right when you bring up the status bar/interface while playing a video

this is on the latest Leia build

unless i accidentally forgot to check an option. not a big deal for me, but thought maybe it was a bug

thanks
(2021-10-19, 18:03)BriceysCousin Wrote: [ -> ]unless i accidentally forgot to check an option. not a big deal for me, but thought maybe it was a bug

@BriceysCousin , please make sure that you have selected "Poster/Thumb" as the artwork for full screen/OSD.  You can find the setting here:

The default is None, which is what you are seeing now.  You can choose between None, Poster/Thumb, Clear Logo, Clear Art, Disc Art and Character Art.

Regards,

Bart
@bsoriano 
ah, yup that worked!

sorry, guess when i updated, some of the settings got replaced with default settings

thanks
(2021-10-19, 10:34)fsurfer Wrote: [ -> ]hope recovery is not too long. I just had Ulnar nerve decompression on my left arm and after 4 years of waiting now have sensation in my hand
Glad you recovered.
@shedrock , before I go any further, I wanted to check with you if now I am on the correct track with the shelves info for two shelves together.

So, when the menu item is focused (not the shelves), it looks as usual:

When you press Up, and focus the bottom shelf, the top shelf fades out so the info for the bottom shelf can be shown, like this:

If you press Up again, and focus the top shelf, the bottom shelf fades out so the info from the top shelf can be shown, like this:

Is this more what you had in mind? Any changes that you would prefer in terms of the info shown? Please let me know.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Bart, I for one like this new feature
Hi @bsoriano.

Here are new French translations for Amber's settings.

In General:
- Hide PVR channel preview : Masquer l'aperçu de la chaîne TV
- Always use TV Show poster for episodes : Toujours utiliser l'affiche de la série TV pour les épisodes
Nothing changes when I choose Yes or No for this function. Is this normal ?
In "Media Views" there is a similar function "Use poster for episodes".
What is the difference ?

In Home Layout :
- Auto play trailer from shelf items : Lecture automatique de la bande-annonce depuis les éléments d'une étagère
- Shelf trailer delay : Délai de la bande-annonce d'étagère

In Media Views :
- Auto play trailer delay : Délai de lecture automatique de la bande-annonce
- Slide out media items while trailer playing : Masquer les éléments multimédias pendant la lecture de la bande-annonce
- Open extendedinfo for info dialogs : Ouvrir les informations étendues pour les boîtes de dialogue d'informations

In Search -> Select Search Categories :
(2021-10-18, 00:09)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]Image
- With tag : Avec balise
- Select a tag : Sélectionner une balise
- Movies with tag : Films avec balise

In the settings of a menu item :
- Show information for shelves : Afficher les informations pour les étagères

In the shelf settings :
- Show information popup : Afficher la popup d'informations
(2021-10-19, 23:14)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]Is this more what you had in mind? Any changes that you would prefer in terms of the info shown? Please let me know.  Thanks.

Hey Bart,

I think you nailed it man, at least from what I can see. As for any additional info that I would like to see, well, all I really care about is the Plot, Cast, Season + Episode number, Next Airing, Date Aired (or added) & I guess whatever you already have listed there. Also, may I suggest using a lighter weight font for the Plot? I think it may blend in much better, rather than the bold heavy look. <- Just a suggestion.

I can't wait to test it. Big Grin

Shedrock