Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have another request Bart. I'm shameless I know.

Would be really convenient to have a button to access the full TV guide, from the OSD screen. I have seen a few other skins that had a button like this. And I'd say this is the only thing really I have to back out to the main menu page to access the full guide...
Btw, for me personally, the Teletext button doesn't do a thing. So I'm assuming this is probably true for all HD Home Run users. When I click it it just says no Teletext is available. (I don't even know what Teletext is exactly). And the funny thing is that the logo on the Teletext button could actually fit perfectly for the full guide too. I actually thought this button would get me to the full guide when I first saw it. So idk maybe having the option to change that exact buttons function between Teletext, or full guide. I think many users would find this useful, especially all of us that have no use for a Teletext button.
(2021-11-21, 22:03)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]@jdig4240, I saw the video, and I don't know what might be happening here. Could you please post a debug log? Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

Thanks Bart, heres the log...https://pastebin.com/qfZFhyuW
Edit, not sure why Pastebin is removing the paste, but heres the log in downloadable format...https://easyupload.io/t9l0ux
Hey Bart, heres a question for ya, is it possible to create a custom shortcut/Submenu item that toggles a skin setting? In particular I was looking to make one to switch on/off the disable home shelves skin settings, this is just an example, I was always curious if this is even possible or not?
(2021-11-22, 22:15)jdig4240 Wrote: [ -> ]Hey Bart, heres a question for ya, is it possible to create a custom shortcut/Submenu item that toggles a skin setting? In particular I was looking to make one to switch on/off the disable home shelves skin settings, this is just an example, I was always curious if this is even possible or not?

I'd wanna know that too
(2021-11-22, 22:15)jdig4240 Wrote: [ -> ]Hey Bart, heres a question for ya, is it possible to create a custom shortcut/Submenu item that toggles a skin setting? In particular I was looking to make one to switch on/off the disable home shelves skin settings, this is just an example, I was always curious if this is even possible or not?

@jdig4240 , @Joeyrub , it is possible, but you would have to know the skin setting name, and you would have to edit the "command" to be executed.  The steps to do what you are looking for would be the following:

1. Go to the menu configuration dialog, choose the menu item where you want to add the option as a submenu, and choose Customize Submenu.
2. Add a new item.
3.  Instead of Choose Item for Menu, go to Change Action:

4. Go to the end of the dialog and select "Custom Item":

5. Type "Skin.ToggleSetting(Hide.AllShelves)" (without the ") as the action:

6. Edit the label, as there will be no default one provided for a custom action:

7.  And you should get something like this:

Now go back to the main menu, and wait for skinshortcuts to rebuild the menu.  After that, you should have a new submenu option that will toggle the skin setting to hide all the shelves.

If you are willing to do all of these steps, then please let me know which other settings you would like to change from a submenu item, and I will provide you with the setting names.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Hey Bart.
Thanks for that explanation of the shortcut. If I need a specific setting shortcut I'll ask you for the exact name. Thanks.

I have a question Bart, not really a feature request cause I wouldn't probably use it anyway. But I'm just wondering why this option isn't available (anymore).
The very first version of your skin that I first downloaded from the Kodi repo, that had on the Video OSD screen, it had the channel logo image, it looked fantastic actually, those big logos looked amazing. But then after upgrading it to the Amber repo version, the logos were gone. At first it was just blank there, which I REALLY didn't like, but then I found the setting for this, OSD\Full screen art, but for my live TV, all these options available there (poster\thumb, clear logo, clear art, disc art, character art), they all do the same thing, they the show poster image there where the logos used to be. So I guess so those other options are available for video or show libraries etc..
But I'm just wondering, how come there isn't a option to put back the channel logos? That would at least give us live TV users a second option.

Again, I probably wouldn't personally use it, cause the show posters works beautifully for me. But I was just very surprised there was no way to put back those logos. They looked amazing.
(2021-11-22, 23:28)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]

If you are willing to do all of these steps, then please let me know which other settings you would like to change from a submenu item, and I will provide you with the setting names.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

Ahh, I see. Thank you very much. If I need additional shortcuts, I assume i cant look in addon_data/skin.amber/settings.xml to see. Makes sense, thanks again!!
(2021-11-23, 00:12)jdig4240 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-11-22, 23:28)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]

Regards,

Bart

Ahh, I see. Thank you very much. If I need additional shortcuts, I assume i cant look in addon_data/skin.amber/settings.xml to see. Makes sense, thanks again!!
Hey Bsoriano, thanks for the tip!! So to expand a little an this, is there a way to add to the command to refresh skin after executing the custom command? For example I made a skin setting toggle to Enable/Disable bottom shortcuts skin.togglesetting(enable.bottomshortcuts), but doesnt change until I either enter the settings and back out, or if I reload skin. So just curious if I can add refreshskin() to the command somehow? Thanks, this is fun...
(2021-11-22, 02:23)jdig4240 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-11-21, 22:03)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]@jdig4240, I saw the video, and I don't know what might be happening here. Could you please post a debug log? Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

Thanks Bart, heres the log...https://pastebin.com/qfZFhyuW
Edit, not sure why Pastebin is removing the paste, but heres the log in downloadable format...https://easyupload.io/t9l0ux

Hey, I also reached on to Zack on IAGL thread, he was also able to replicate the issue on Amber, but hes not sure either, so I dunno...https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=332966&page=45
(2021-11-23, 22:10)jdig4240 Wrote: [ -> ]Hey, I also reached on to Zack on IAGL thread, he was also able to replicate the issue on Amber, but hes not sure either, so I dunno...https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=332966&page=45

@jdig4240 , it took me a while to figure out what the issue was, since it was not obvious and there was nothing in the log.  I think I have fixed the issue now, please test the latest from GitHub.  I tested IAGL with all of the Amber view types, and in all cases now when you exit the game there is no reloading.  Please test and let me know how it works for you.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2021-11-22, 01:51)Joeyrub Wrote: [ -> ]Would be really convenient to have a button to access the full TV guide, from the OSD screen. I have seen a few other skins that had a button like this. And I'd say this is the only thing really I have to back out to the main menu page to access the full guide...

@Joeyrub , I will add a setting to allow you to choose to open the full guide with the teletext button.  I probably will not be able to do this until the weekend.

Regards,

Bart
(2021-11-22, 23:54)Joeyrub Wrote: [ -> ]But I'm just wondering, how come there isn't a option to put back the channel logos? That would at least give us live TV users a second option.

@Joeyrub , not having the channel logo as an artwork option for the OSD was an oversight on my part.  I will add this.

Regards,

Bart
(2021-11-23, 15:37)jdig4240 Wrote: [ -> ]Hey Bsoriano, thanks for the tip!! So to expand a little an this, is there a way to add to the command to refresh skin after executing the custom command? For example I made a skin setting toggle to Enable/Disable bottom shortcuts skin.togglesetting(enable.bottomshortcuts), but doesnt change until I either enter the settings and back out, or if I reload skin. So just curious if I can add refreshskin() to the command somehow? Thanks, this is fun...

@jdig4240 , through the menu configuration dialog there is no way that I know of having more than one command.  I can create an "action override" that does both commands (enable/disable bottom shortcuts and reload the skin), and you could then use that as the custom action.  Would you like me to do that? If so, please look very thoroughly at what other skin settings you would like to have a shortcut for which could need a skin reload, since I only want to work once on this.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2021-11-24, 01:33)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-11-22, 01:51)Joeyrub Wrote: [ -> ]Would be really convenient to have a button to access the full TV guide, from the OSD screen. I have seen a few other skins that had a button like this. And I'd say this is the only thing really I have to back out to the main menu page to access the full guide...

@Joeyrub , I will add a setting to allow you to choose to open the full guide with the teletext button.  I probably will not be able to do this until the weekend.

Regards,

Bart

Oh well ....... If I have to, I'll hold my breath, and wait till the weekend.
I'll survive.
Lol
That's awesome Bart! I can't wait
(2021-11-24, 01:35)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-11-22, 23:54)Joeyrub Wrote: [ -> ]But I'm just wondering, how come there isn't a option to put back the channel logos? That would at least give us live TV users a second option.

@Joeyrub , not having the channel logo as an artwork option for the OSD was an oversight on my part.  I will add this.

Regards,

Bart

You know, in a way I'm happy to hear you say this. Because like I said before this issue isn't about me personally wanting the logos back, cause I probably will stick with the show poster\thumb anyway. But that's exactly what I kept thinking, that this must be an oversight, or a error. Cause I so expected one of the options to put the logos back.
Just hearing you say it was a oversight, kinda confirms what I thought.
Let me know when it's ready, I'll test it out for you

Personally I'm more excited about the full guide on the Teletext button thing.....

Thanks for everything Bart