Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2021-10-20, 01:04)shedrock Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-10-19, 23:14)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]Is this more what you had in mind? Any changes that you would prefer in terms of the info shown? Please let me know.  Thanks.

Hey Bart,

I think you nailed it man, at least from what I can see. As for any additional info that I would like to see, well, all I really care about is the Plot, Cast, Season + Episode number, Next Airing, Date Aired (or added) & I guess whatever you already have listed there. Also, may I suggest using a lighter weight font for the Plot? I think it may blend in much better, rather than the bold heavy look. <- Just a suggestion.

I can't wait to test it. Big Grin

Shedrock

@shedrock, excellent, thanks! I think you are right about the plot, I will remove the bold. I will also add the next airing info for TV shows. I will continue working on this over the next few days.

Regards,

Bart
(2021-10-20, 01:33)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]@shedrock, excellent, thanks! I think you are right about the plot, I will remove the bold. I will also add the next airing info for TV shows. I will continue working on this over the next few days.
Thank you Bart.
This is coming along with @shedrock's suggestions and @bsoriano's talent, certainly does add useful functionality

If I may suggest one thing for the player - perhaps for the future, is a pop-up episode list where you can scroll, read plot and select next episode or season(have attached the Netflix version) as frequently I return to a tv show from the home screen 'In Progress' and whilst Kodi/Amber does remember the last in progress episode but frequently stops after playing ignoring the next episode - apologies if the latter is down to how I use or if this has been discussed before

(2021-10-20, 11:20)fsurfer Wrote: [ -> ]If I may suggest one thing for the player - perhaps for the future, is a pop-up episode list where you can scroll, read plot and select next episode or season(have attached the Netflix version) as frequently I return to a tv show from the home screen 'In Progress' and whilst Kodi/Amber does remember the last in progress episode but frequently stops after playing ignoring the next episode - apologies if the latter is down to how I use or if this has been discussed before

@fsurfer , that looks pretty cool, thanks.  I will check if something like this is possible from the OSD.  In the meantime, you could try the addon Up Next, which will provide a popup when an episode is finishing asking you to play the next episode or cancel.  I have already skinned the Up Next dialogs in Amber, they look something like this:

The Up Next default action is to play the next episode automatically.  You can find Up Next in the Kodi repo.

Regards,

Bart
(2021-10-20, 15:36)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-10-20, 11:20)fsurfer Wrote: [ -> ]If I may suggest one thing for the player - perhaps for the future, is a pop-up episode list where you can scroll, read plot and select next episode or season(have attached the Netflix version) as frequently I return to a tv show from the home screen 'In Progress' and whilst Kodi/Amber does remember the last in progress episode but frequently stops after playing ignoring the next episode - apologies if the latter is down to how I use or if this has been discussed before

@fsurfer , that looks pretty cool, thanks.  I will check if something like this is possible from the OSD.  In the meantime, you could try the addon Up Next, which will provide a popup when an episode is finishing asking you to play the next episode or cancel.  I have already skinned the Up Next dialogs in Amber, they look something like this:

The Up Next default action is to play the next episode automatically.  You can find Up Next in the Kodi repo.

Regards,

Bart

Hi,

I have Up Next and the addon works if you select from the TV Series not if you select from the home page - Episode In Progress as there isn't a next episode per se, I'll add a query to the addon author
(2021-10-20, 17:27)fsurfer Wrote: [ -> ]I have Up Next and the addon works if you select from the TV Series not if you select from the home page - Episode In Progress as there isn't a next episode per se, I'll add a query to the addon author

@fsurfer , you are correct, I had not noticed that.  I will nevertheless look into having that button to show a list of episodes in the OSD.

Regards,

Bart
(2021-10-20, 19:36)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-10-20, 17:27)fsurfer Wrote: [ -> ]I have Up Next and the addon works if you select from the TV Series not if you select from the home page - Episode In Progress as there isn't a next episode per se, I'll add a query to the addon author

@fsurfer , you are correct, I had not noticed that.  I will nevertheless look into having that button to show a list of episodes in the OSD.

Regards,

Bart

Hi,

you have done / are doing,  a superb job and none of the issues are showstoppers.

FS
(2021-10-19, 16:56)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-10-19, 10:05)Tiny Clanger Wrote: [ -> ](While I'm asking about subtitle-related stuff: could the subtitle picker from the OSD work like the audio track picker, which shows a menu of all the audio tracks and lets the user pick one with up/down + OK? Having it step through one subtitle at a time is very tedious when a file has subtitles for about 25 different languages, and you only wanted to see if there was an English SDH/HI after the standard English subtitles 😁 )

@Tiny Clanger , you can choose to have the subtitle button in the OSD open the subtitle settings dialog, which has a picker for the subtitles.  You can find the setting here:

Other than that, there is no way that I know for getting to a list of all of the subtitles that, when you choose one, Kodi switches to that subtitle.

Do you know of any skin that does what you were mentioning, from a button showing you the list of subtitles and switching to the one you select? If so, please let me know which skin, so I can see how it is done.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Hi Bart

Thanks for that option — you must have added it since the last time I looked at that page of the settings 😁

I think the other skins I have used were just opening the subtitle settings dialog, TBH.
(2021-10-20, 20:50)fsurfer Wrote: [ -> ]you have done / are doing,  a superb job and none of the issues are showstoppers.

@fsurfer , thank you for your kind words.  Your request made me curious about how to accomplish that, so I went ahead and added an episodes list button to the video OSD.  The button will only show up if what is playing is an episode for which you have the tv show in your library.  When clicked, that button pauses the video and opens a dialog with the episodes from the season that you are watching.  It looks like this:

And when you click it:

You can go to any of the episodes in the season, and when you select one, it will start playing that episode.  You can press Back or click with the mouse anywhere outside the dialog to close it.  When you close the dialog, the episode that was playing will resume.

One thing the dialog does not do, that Netlfix allows you to do, it change seasons. It shows the episodes from the season of the episode you are playing. 

The changes are already on GitHub.  Please test and let me know if this is what you were looking for.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
@bsoriano, have you seen my post with new French translations ?
I give you back the link to my post here :
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid3065895
(2021-10-21, 18:04)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-10-20, 20:50)fsurfer Wrote: [ -> ]you have done / are doing,  a superb job and none of the issues are showstoppers.

@fsurfer , thank you for your kind words.  Your request made me curious about how to accomplish that, so I went ahead and added an episodes list button to the video OSD.  The button will only show up if what is playing is an episode for which you have the tv show in your library.  When clicked, that button pauses the video and opens a dialog with the episodes from the season that you are watching.  It looks like this:

And when you click it:

You can go to any of the episodes in the season, and when you select one, it will start playing that episode.  You can press Back or click with the mouse anywhere outside the dialog to close it.  When you close the dialog, the episode that was playing will resume.

One thing the dialog does not do, that Netlfix allows you to do, it change seasons. It shows the episodes from the season of the episode you are playing. 

The changes are already on GitHub.  Please test and let me know if this is what you were looking for.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Wow this was quick, will take a backup and try later today, thank you.
(2021-10-21, 18:24)Cyberdom Wrote: [ -> ]@bsoriano, have you seen my post with new French translations ?

@Cyberdom, I did see your post, my apologies for not responding sooner. I will make the changes and they should be included in the next Amber repo version. No ETA yet.

Regards,

Bart
(2021-10-19, 23:14)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]@shedrock , before I go any further, I wanted to check with you if now I am on the correct track with the shelves info for two shelves together.

So, when the menu item is focused (not the shelves), it looks as usual:

When you press Up, and focus the bottom shelf, the top shelf fades out so the info for the bottom shelf can be shown, like this:

If you press Up again, and focus the top shelf, the bottom shelf fades out so the info from the top shelf can be shown, like this:

Is this more what you had in mind? Any changes that you would prefer in terms of the info shown? Please let me know.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Hi,

just downloaded the latest Leia Amber from Github - can't get this or the Episode mod to work. Sorry to be a nuisance but there have been a lot of changes since I last used:- my images for the shelves are landscape etc.
Would you mind pm'ing me or adding a list of What settings / addons I need to configure?

(2021-10-21, 19:26)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-10-21, 18:24)Cyberdom Wrote: [ -> ]@bsoriano, have you seen my post with new French translations ?

@Cyberdom, I did see your post, my apologies for not responding sooner. I will make the changes and they should be included in the next Amber repo version. No ETA yet.

Regards,

Bart
OK, thank you @bsoriano.
(2021-10-21, 19:34)fsurfer Wrote: [ -> ]just downloaded the latest Leia Amber from Github - can't get this or the Episode mod to work. Sorry to be a nuisance but there have been a lot of changes since I last used:- my images for the shelves are landscape etc.
Would you mind pm'ing me or adding a list of What settings / addons I need to configure?

@fsurfer , I did not remember that you are still on Leia.  I just pushed the latest changes to the Leia branch as well.  The episodes list button in the OSD requires the addon script.embuary.helper, and to enable its use in the General section of Amber settings:

To get the shelf info in the style that I was discussing with @shedrock, you need to enable "two shelves together" when configuring the menu item.  Please keep in mind that this is still a work in progress.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart