Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2021-12-29, 22:32)shedrock Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks Bart. I think it doesn't work for the sub-menus.

@shedrock , could you please try the latest from GitHub (Leia or Matrix)? I think I fixed the issue.  You will most likely have to select again the use of EH for backgrounds for the menu/submenu items where you want this.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2021-12-30, 00:46)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]@shedrock , could you please try the latest from GitHub (Leia or Matrix)?
Thanks Bart! I just tested it on Leia and it works. I haven't tried it on Matrix yet, but I am assuming you have, and that it works. I'll still check it tomorrow and get back to you.

Regards,

Shedrock
(2021-12-29, 23:34)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-12-29, 22:06)Joeyrub Wrote: [ -> ]Oh great, I'm glad that those issues aren't a big deal to fix. Hopefully that makes it play nicely with everything....
But again .... It Looks amazing!
So when you do fix those little things, I'll test it right away. I'll be checking for it.

@Joeyrub , I think I fixed both issues that you mentioned:

1. Being able to set a default view for PVR Recordings when using the new view selector
2. Using the Alternate List Layout for PVR Recordings views

The changes are already on GitHub.  Please download, test, and let me know if the issues are indeed fixed.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

Oh great! Will test it right away
It's perfect now! The alternate list views isn't scrambling it anymore, looks great now!

I just miss the memory usage bar a little.. and I'm now really wishing that the Timers, and Timer Rules pages also had these view options. But I guess the Recordings page I do use a lot more than the Timers etc. But it would still look fantastic
@Joeyrub,

I will be adding back the disk usage progress bar on the recording views, I just need to figure out where to place it in the different views. I probably will not add it in the Icons view.

As for the Timers and Timer Rules, I figured that you would ask for those also, so I will be working on them as well.

Regards,

Bart
(2021-12-30, 07:59)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]@Joeyrub,

I will be adding back the disk usage progress bar on the recording views, I just need to figure out where to place it in the different views. I probably will not add it in the Icons view.

As for the Timers and Timer Rules, I figured that you would ask for those also, so I will be working on them as well.

Regards,

Bart

Oh yes!!! You made my morning! I'm glad you'll be doing this for the Timers page as well (and ya, I knew that you knew I'd be asking for that next, lol. Sorry Bart)
And glad you'll be putting back the memory bar. I was a little worried if it would be possible in my favorite view, the low list. Cause space is kinda limited. But I'm glad to see you say that the only one you won't be adding it to is the icon view. So I don't really care about that anyway. Cause my recordings are grouped so icon view isn't really good anyway.
So again and again. Thanks thanks thanks Bart.
You're the best
@bsoriano
Hi Bart,

I just decided to create 2 shelves for my music, but the widgets are not scrolling.

UPDATE: I did some testing and noticed that all the shelves are not scrolling if you have the "Show Information for Shelves" option set to "on". I believe that's the intended operation, but I assumed it would still scroll and simply show the information as it scrolls through each item. Is that possible?

Regards,

Shedrock
(2021-12-30, 17:43)shedrock Wrote: [ -> ]UPDATE: I did some testing and noticed that all the shelves are not scrolling if you have the "Show Information for Shelves" option set to "on". I believe that's the intended operation, but I assumed it would still scroll and simply show the information as it scrolls through each item. Is that possible?

@shedrock , not scrolling when show information is on is the intended behavior.  I am not sure if what you are asking is possible (or feasible without a lot of extra code).  I will look into it and let you know.

Regards,

Bart

UPDATE: @shedrock , this turned out to be easier than I expected.  Please test the latest from GitHub (Leia or Matrix) and let me know if this is wht you were looking for.  Thanks.
(2021-12-30, 20:38)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]@shedrock , not scrolling when show information is on is the intended behavior.  I am not sure if what you are asking is possible (or feasible without a lot of extra code).  I will look into it and let you know.
No problem. I understand if it is too much work. I only remembered today that the ReFred skin had that feature. It was cool because you can just sit there and see all the plots for each Movie or TV episode as it scrolls through one by one. Big Grin

Thanks for looking into it Bart.

Shedrock
(2021-12-30, 20:44)shedrock Wrote: [ -> ]No problem. I understand if it is too much work. I only remembered today that the ReFred skin had that feature. It was cool because you can just sit there and see all the plots for each Movie or TV episode as it scrolls through one by one. Big Grin

@shedrock , I updated my previous post.  This was easier than I expected.  The changes are already on GitHub.  Please test and let me know.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2021-12-30, 21:24)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]@shedrock , I updated my previous post.  This was easier than I expected.  The changes are already on GitHub.  Please test and let me know.  Thanks.
This is such an awesome feature. It works great, and you definitely made my day. Big Grin

Thanks a million Bart.

Regards,

Shedrock
(2021-12-28, 16:19)shedrock Wrote: [ -> ]I was wondering if it is possible to have an option for the music search feature. Back in Amber v.4.2.99 my search results would give me the following in the pics I provided. The reason I am asking is becuase when you have an extremely large library, the current results gives you just the 2 screens "Albums" and "Songs", so I have to scroll horizontally, so my view is limited. So for example, if I have 1270 songs to match my search criteria, then it is frustrating to reach to that point. With the old view (results) I at least had the option of changing the view.

@shedrock , I have made the changes to add an option to use custom search for music and for video.  The settings are disabled by default, which means that the standard search (that you were asking for) will be done for music and video.  You can find the new settings here:

So to recap, in your case you do not need to turn on the setting for music, since you want the standard Kodi search that allows you to change viewtypes.  If you do want the custom search for videos, then you need to enable the setting for videos.

The changes are already on GitHub (Leia and Matrix).  Please test and let me know if this is what you were looking for.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
@bsoriano 

Hey Bart,

Just so that you know. The scrolling feature over each movie that displays the information does not work when there are 3 shelves of widgets. I personally wouldn't use that feature, but I just thought I would mention it. I guess that would mean you have to block 2 shelves depending on the row the user selects. Anyway, I am going to test the Music search feature now.

Shedrock
(2021-12-30, 22:07)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]So to recap, in your case you do not need to turn on the setting for music, since you want the standard Kodi search that allows you to change viewtypes.  If you do want the custom search for videos, then you need to enable the setting for videos.
The feature works great. Wow! that was really quick.

Thanks again,

Shedrock
(2021-12-30, 22:29)shedrock Wrote: [ -> ]Just so that you know. The scrolling feature over each movie that displays the information does not work when there are 3 shelves of widgets. I personally wouldn't use that feature, but I just thought I would mention it. I guess that would mean you have to block 2 shelves depending on the row the user selects. Anyway, I am going to test the Music search feature now.

@shedrock , in my tests, auto scrolling works when you have three shelves together.  If you enable Show Information for Shelves, then Amber will only display one shelf instead of the three together, and auto scrolling works in that instance also.  I have tested both in Matrix and Leia.

Regards,

Bart