Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2021-10-30, 23:44)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]@Input1963 , thank you for the screenshots.  I was able to reproduce the issue and have uploaded a fix to GitHub.  Please test and let me know if the issue is indeed fixed.  Thanks.
Bart,
Didn't work, the screen stays, only the highlighted band disappears. Even after restarting kodi.
When selecting in the osd menu "open subtitle................." to NO the screen disappears.

Grtz,
H.
(2021-10-31, 11:34)Input1963 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-10-30, 23:44)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]@Input1963 , thank you for the screenshots.  I was able to reproduce the issue and have uploaded a fix to GitHub.  Please test and let me know if the issue is indeed fixed.  Thanks.
Bart,
Didn't work, the screen stays, only the highlighted band disappears. Even after restarting kodi.
When selecting in the osd menu "open subtitle................." to NO the screen disappears.

Grtz,
H.

@Input1963 , I am not sure what you mean with "the screen stays, only the highlighted band disappears".  Could you please post a screenshot of when this happens? Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2021-10-31, 14:48)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-10-31, 11:34)Input1963 Wrote: [ -> ]@Input1963 , I am not sure what you mean with "the screen stays, only the highlighted band disappears".  Could you please post a screenshot of when this happens? Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

Bart, Just like in the picture above, the yellow highlited selection is gone, but the screen is still there.

In this picture ( below) you see the yellow highlited selection

Grtz
(2021-10-31, 16:15)Input1963 Wrote: [ -> ]Bart, Just like in the picture above, the yellow highlited selection is gone, but the screen is still there.

@Input1963 , thank you for the screenshots.  I just pushed some updates to GitHub, since I realized there were other instances where the OSD was not closing automatically.  

It is important to note that I will not close the subtitle settings dialog automatically, since a very short timeout could interrupt you actually doing something with the dialog, like trying to enable or disable subtitle, or downloading a subtitle.  What will now happen correctly is that when you close that dialog (by pressing Back, or Esc, or clicking on the Close button of the dialog itself), then the OSD will auto close in the interval that you have set.

That means that you will have to take action to close the dialog.  I know that this is not exactly what you were expecting, but I think this is the best course of action for the majority of users.

Regards,

Bart
(2021-10-29, 22:53)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-10-29, 22:11)Cyberdom Wrote: [ -> ]No I don't know, how does it work ?
Is there a special category for Amber's translations ?

@Cyberdom , you need to Register (create an account, there is no cost) at https://kodi.weblate.cloud , and once you do, go to this forum thread: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=363132 and request to be added to the French language translators.  Please provide the account name you used to sign-up in weblate.

Thank you @bsoriano. I'll watch this when I have some time.

Since update 3.2.151, I noticed in list view and panel views that the flags are no longer spaced.

Would it be possible to put a slight space between each flag like this for example ?

I have also noticed since several versions of Amber that the flags displayed on the OSD while playing a video are smaller than those displayed in the media views.
Would it be possible to slightly enlarge the flags displayed on the OSD while playing a video a bit so that they are roughly the size of those in the media views ?

Thanks in advance.
(2021-10-31, 14:48)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]@Input1963 , I am not sure what you mean with "the screen stays, only the highlighted band disappears".  Could you please post a screenshot of when this happens? Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Thanks Bart for looking at this, i understand that there are other things acting at the same time.
(2021-10-31, 20:44)Input1963 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks Bart for looking at this, i understand that there are other things acting at the same time.

@Input1963 , please take a look at my previous post.  I have solved the issue, although not in exactly the way that you asked for.  Please test and let me know your thoughts.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2021-11-01, 00:43)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]@Input1963 , please take a look at my previous post.  I have solved the issue, although not in exactly the way that you asked for.  Please test and let me know your thoughts.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Thx Bart it works better now.

H.
(2021-10-31, 19:00)Cyberdom Wrote: [ -> ]Would it be possible to slightly enlarge the flags displayed on the OSD while playing a video a bit so that they are roughly the size of those in the media views ?

Thanks in advance.

@Cyberdom , thanks for reporting these.  I have fixed/changed the media flags per your requests, the changes are already on GitHub.  If you would rather wait for a new version from the Amber repo, I will most likely push a new one this weekend or next week.

Regards,

Bart
Hey there. I just found this skin today. And I love it! It fixed a few small issues I was having with Kodi. And I just love the look n feel of it now. I only really use Kodi for HdHomeRun plugin, to watch TV and recorded shows. And I love that it finally now feels like a TV DVR box, instead of like a PC media player as it did till now. But besides the feel n look. It also solved a few annoyances I had till now. The biggest thing I love is, that with this skin when I bring up the info banner (long click play button on remote), it gives me the options for the info for the show now playing, or scroll to the info for next show coming up, or the scroll over is the Signal Quality page. Which when I saw this I almost jumped up for joy. Because till now I couldn't access this from my remote at all, I'd have to use my Android app, Kore remote to access it. So having this quick access to it now, made my day. The other little annoyance this solved for me, is that now I can finally set it so that the OSD screen timeout after set amounts of seconds. I hated that it stayed on indefinitely. So I really loved seeing this option in the settings. Well done guys.

Now after setting it up just the way I want it, The one thing that I seem to be missing with this skin setup, is the fact that no where in the Info for the show playing, does it include the Season n Episode numbers. Not in the info banner, not in the full guide info, no where. Now I know this info is included from the backend (the HdHomeRun), cause it is included is every other skin I've tried. Now I understand that your skin is based on cutting away bloat, but I think this info is kinda important\useful info. I'd love it if it was included in a line maybe right under the episodes title name, or something like that.
In the Amber settings menu under video, the is a option to select if to show season n Episode numbers, so I of course selected it to yes, but I realized that it probably only for the video libraries (which I don't even use), but it doesn't seem to have any affect on my live TV show info.
Any way this could fixed from your end? It sure looks like it's on your end, cause like I said most other skins I tried had this info included. (But I still liked your skin way better, hehe).
Please consider my request

Thanks for listening.
And thanks for this awesome skin
Joey
(2021-11-01, 20:08)Joeyrub Wrote: [ -> ]Any way this could fixed from your end?

@Joeyrub , thank you for your kind words! I will look into adding season and episode numbers for PVR.  I do not have a way of properly testing this, since my PVR backend does not provide that info; given that, I will rely on you to let me know if it works well when I update the code.

I will let you know as soon as I have added this info, so that you can test.

Regards,

Bart
@Joeyrub , I have added the season and episode numbers (and episode name) in the list of PVR channels, in the full screen info that you were mentioning, and also in the EPG.  It is important to note that Kodi does not provide info labels for the next programme season, and the next programme episode while a PVR channel is playing, so, in the full screen info screen I am only showing season and episode for the current programme.

Since it seems to me that you installed Amber from the Kodi repo, please be advised that the version in that repo is rather old, and I have made many changes since then.  In order to test the fixes that you asked for, you would have to download the skin from my GitHub, from these links:

Matrix: https://github.com/bartolomesoriano/skin...master.zip

Leia: https://github.com/bartolomesoriano/skin...s/Leia.zip

Then, replace the skin files with the content of the zip file you downloaded.  If you do not feel comfortable downloading/updating from GitHub, or overwriting skin files in your device, pleae wait until this weekend, and I will upload a new version with the fix to the Amber repositories.  I upload new versions to the Amber repos much more frequently than I upload them to the Kodi repo.

These are the links to the Amber repos:

Matrix: https://github.com/bartolomesoriano/repo...-1.0.2.zip

Leia: https://github.com/bartolomesoriano/repo...-1.0.1.zip

You can go ahead and download the repo for the version of Kodi that you are using, install it, and Amber will auto-update from there.

Regards,

Bart
Hello all,

For those of you that update Amber from GitHub, today I made a change worth noting.

In the past, when showing full screen info while playing a video (pressing I while the video is playing), there used to be buttons that showed Plot or Cast for non-PVR videos, and Now, Next and Signal quality for PVR.  I had removed those buttons since they interfered with the ability to do direct number seeking from the info screen.

Today, I brought those buttons back.  They will show up if you have disabled (the default) a new setting called "Enable Direct Seeking in Full Screen Info".  You can find the new setting here:

So, to recap, if you want to be able to do direct number seeking while full screen info is showing, then enable the new setting.  The buttons mentioned before will not be displayed.  If you disable the setting, the buttons will be displayed and will be functional.  Again, the buttons I am talking about are:

And for PVR:

The changes are already on GitHub (Matrix and Leia).

Regards,

Bart
(2021-11-02, 00:13)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]Today, I brought those buttons back.  They will show up if you have disabled (the default) a new setting called "Enable Direct Seeking in Full Screen Info".  You can find the new setting here:
Thank you. I missed that feature. I'll have to try it later on, because I am not sure if the folks over at LE fixed the plot/cast issue I reported a year ago.

Anyway, thanks Bart.

UPDATE: Bart, it works great with LibreELEC as well.

Shedrock
(2021-11-01, 16:47)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-10-31, 19:00)Cyberdom Wrote: [ -> ]Would it be possible to slightly enlarge the flags displayed on the OSD while playing a video a bit so that they are roughly the size of those in the media views ?

Thanks in advance.

@Cyberdom , thanks for reporting these.  I have fixed/changed the media flags per your requests, the changes are already on GitHub.  If you would rather wait for a new version from the Amber repo, I will most likely push a new one this weekend or next week.

Regards,

Bart
Thank you @bsoriano.