Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2020-03-16, 01:22)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-03-16, 00:35)Cyberdom Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-03-16, 00:23)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]@Cyberdom , the first one, it is not possible at this time.  If I understand correctly, you want to change the color of the text of just the menu items? Please confirm.  Thanks.
Yes, this is what I would like.
(2020-03-16, 00:23)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]You need version 2.2.x of tmdb helper.  Please get that from jurialmunkey's GitHub (https://github.com/jurialmunkey/plugin.v...edb.helper), since the newer versions are not in the Kodi repo yet.  If you want, you can also install jurialmunkey's repo (https://github.com/jurialmunkey/repository.jurialmunkey) and that will keep tmdb helper updated.  Thanks.
Thanks for the precision.
(2020-03-16, 00:23)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]Also, I think I fixed the other issues you reported.  Please download the latest from Git, test, and let me know how it went.  Thanks.
Thank you but I don't use versions from Git. I prefer to use the repository versions of Amber or Kodi.
Do you have an idea when this new version will be available on Amber repository ?   
@Cyberdom , I will push a new version to the Amber repo tomorrow.  I will update this post when I have done so.

Regards,

Bart  

With regard to the color/visibility problems @Cyberdom has reported, I would like to point out that fine lines (text or graphic) of any foreground color on a bright yellow background are nearly always illegible. Default/thematic color schemes need to accommodate this reality by providing color schemes that will be legible on the broadest range of displays, and can easily be reverted back to default values after being modified by a user. For me this is most obvious in the PVR recording widgets (illegible) and in the recording check mark (invisible) in the PVR Gude view.

While I'm at it, I should also mention that I miss having the recording count in the PVR recordings views.

I DO appreciate the fine work you have contributed on this skin so far, and look forward to continued refinements from you.
(2020-03-16, 15:18)sblack55 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-03-16, 01:22)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-03-16, 00:35)Cyberdom Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, this is what I would like.
Thanks for the precision.
Thank you but I don't use versions from Git. I prefer to use the repository versions of Amber or Kodi.
Do you have an idea when this new version will be available on Amber repository ?   
@Cyberdom , I will push a new version to the Amber repo tomorrow.  I will update this post when I have done so.

Regards,

Bart   

With regard to the color/visibility problems @Cyberdom has reported, I would like to point out that fine lines (text or graphic) of any foreground color on a bright yellow background are nearly always illegible. Default/thematic color schemes need to accommodate this reality by providing color schemes that will be legible on the broadest range of displays, and can easily be reverted back to default values after being modified by a user. For me this is most obvious in the PVR recording widgets (illegible) and in the recording check mark (invisible) in the PVR Gude view.

While I'm at it, I should also mention that I miss having the recording count in the PVR recordings views.

I DO appreciate the fine work you have contributed on this skin so far, and look forward to continued refinements from you. 
@sblack55 , thanks for your feedback.  I agree totally.  I did not test the recording widgets when I made the color customization changes; that was an oversight on my part.  I just pushed a new version to GitHub and the Amber repo that fixes that.  I still need to look at the recording check mark in the PVR Guide view.

As for the recording count in the PVR recording views, I really use this section very little, since I do not have PVR recording capabilities at home.  Could you please send me a screenshot of what you mean, even if it is from another skin? That way I will know better what to add/change.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Hello all,

I just pushed version 3.2.47 to the Amber repo.  This contains fixes to the issues you have reported in the last few days:

- Fix for posters not changing in List views after selecting a different poster through Choose Art
- Fix for subtitle popup in Video OSD not allowing any option to be selected
- Fix for missing icons in different dialogs, including the select dialog
- Fix for TV Shows with no duration that were not showing episode counts in media views, only rating and certification
- Make Amber default backgrounds available as background options when configuring a menu item
- Several fixes in PVR (channel icon not appearing in program info dialog, genre text overlapping recording space info, background of pvr recording widgets, others)

Please update, test, and let me know what you think.  If there are no issues in the next two days, I will finally update the Kodi repo Smile

Regards,

Bart
Hey,

here's the the updated badge for 5.1: https://send.firefox.com/download/d364d3...YgsRJpfbzQ

(2020-03-14, 18:22)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]1. Could you please let me know if this only happens when you start Kodi and move for the first time to the menu item that has the playlist as background? Or do you see a background, and then it changes to a black background (because of a movie with no fanart) and then changes to a background?

No, it's not the usual black startup background. It happens in the middle of the slideshow with movies that have no fanart/background image. Since I can't filter them with smart playlists the slideshow skipping movies without associated background art is the only other option I can think of to avoid those black backgrounds popping up from time to time.

(2020-03-14, 18:22)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]2. Are you talking about the codec flags (hd720, 5.1 , etc)? Those you can disable in Settings, Amber Settings, Media Views: Hide Media Flags from Views.  I have yet to code disabling certification (PG-13, etc.) and rating (rottentomatoes, imdb, tmdb, etc.) in video info dialog.  If this is not what you mean, please send me a screenshot of what you mean.  Thanks.
Yes, I was talking about certification and user rating (I think I made icons for that).
Please don't misunderstand me, I'm totally ok with all of these in the detailled info dialog. In fact, I like that the info dialog provides as much info as possible, as it should.
But I can totally do without them e.g. in the footer of the normal movie views (small icons or list...).

Thank you.
Best regards,

N.

P.S. is there a way to be notified by email when I get mentioned or quoted? I only found this for PMs.
(2020-03-16, 21:55)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]Hello all,

I just pushed version 3.2.47 to the Amber repo.  This contains fixes to the issues you have reported in the last few days:
Please update, test, and let me know what you think.  If there are no issues in the next two days, I will finally update the Kodi repo Smile

Regards,

Bart
Thank you @bsoriano for update.

I did the update last night and the issues I raised last week seem to be fixed.

On the other hand, I noticed others :
- Square brackets appear in the Player Info (for videos, music, TV, radios).
- These square brackets also appear in the PVR info.
- Why is the text "Flux audio" in yellow ? Would it be possible to put it in the same color as the rest of the text ?
- After "Mémoire utilisée", the : appear 2 times. Would it be possible to put once the : ?

Player Info with a movie :

Player Info with a channel TV :

PVR Info with a channel TV :

Player Info with a radio :
(2020-03-17, 16:06)Cyberdom Wrote: [ -> ]

Regards,

Bart

- Why is the text "Flux audio" in yellow ? Would it be possible to put it in the same color as the rest of the text ?
- After "Mémoire utilisée", the : appear 2 times. Would it be possible to put once the : ?

@Cyberdom, thank you for reporting those issues.  I will be working on them right away.

Regards,

Bart
(2020-03-17, 01:22)newbii Wrote: [ -> ]Hey,

here's the the updated badge for 5.1: https://send.firefox.com/download/d364d3...YgsRJpfbzQ

(2020-03-14, 18:22)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]1. Could you please let me know if this only happens when you start Kodi and move for the first time to the menu item that has the playlist as background? Or do you see a background, and then it changes to a black background (because of a movie with no fanart) and then changes to a background?

No, it's not the usual black startup background. It happens in the middle of the slideshow with movies that have no fanart/background image. Since I can't filter them with smart playlists the slideshow skipping movies without associated background art is the only other option I can think of to avoid those black backgrounds popping up from time to time.

(2020-03-14, 18:22)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]2. Are you talking about the codec flags (hd720, 5.1 , etc)? Those you can disable in Settings, Amber Settings, Media Views: Hide Media Flags from Views.  I have yet to code disabling certification (PG-13, etc.) and rating (rottentomatoes, imdb, tmdb, etc.) in video info dialog.  If this is not what you mean, please send me a screenshot of what you mean.  Thanks.
Yes, I was talking about certification and user rating (I think I made icons for that).
Please don't misunderstand me, I'm totally ok with all of these in the detailled info dialog. In fact, I like that the info dialog provides as much info as possible, as it should.
But I can totally do without them e.g. in the footer of the normal movie views (small icons or list...).

Thank you.
Best regards,

N.

P.S. is there a way to be notified by email when I get mentioned or quoted? I only found this for PMs. 
@newbii , thank you! Unfortunately, the link has expired.  Could you please provide me with a new one? Thanks.

For the first issue, I need to look at how (if possible) to skip the ones that do not have fanart. I will let you know.

For the second, as I explained in my previous response, you can already disable the media flags from all of the list views.  I still need to work on disabling the user rating flag.

And i do not know of any other way of getting an email notification other than subscribing to the thread.  You can subscribe so that you get notified each time there is a response on the thread.

Regards,

Bart
Hello all,

I pushed version 3.2.48 to both GitHub and the Amber repo.  Fixes:

1. Brackets appearing in all of the labels in the player process info
2. PVR recording widgets (shelves) in horizontal menu when the shelf is double height forr the menu item.  Now whena that happens, the PVR reroding widgets will be smaller.

Please download, test, and let me know of any additional issues.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

Regards,

Bart

@Cyberdom , I have fixed the issues of the labels in player process info.  Version 3.2.48 is already on GitHub and the Amber repo.  Please download, test, and let me know if you find any additional issues.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2020-03-17, 17:26)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]as I explained in my previous response, you can already disable the media flags from all of the list views.  I still need to work on disabling the user rating flag.
I know. User rating apart, I was only referring to the certification flags (PG-13, Rated R...) which I always thought were handled separately from the media flags (but maybe I'm wrong). Anyway, looking forward to whatever's coming.

Here's a new link: https://send.firefox.com/download/5d9303...HdtOyhLW2w
@newbii , thanks for the icon.  Now I received it and updated in the skin folder.

So, you want to disable the "United Kingdom:12A" from the subheading line at the bottom, correct?

Regards,

Bart
(2020-03-17, 17:32)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]

Regards,

Bart

@Cyberdom , I have fixed the issues of the labels in player process info.  Version 3.2.48 is already on GitHub and the Amber repo.  Please download, test, and let me know if you find any additional issues.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart   
Thanks @bsoriano for the quick update.

I noticed a few more bugs :
- Can you put the French translation for the memory used :
You must put : MÉMOIRE UTILISÉE

- In the list of TV channels, when you select a channel, it displays the current program (with its summary) and the next one.
But if the summary of the current program is too long, it overlaps the line of the next program.
Here is an example with a long summary :

Here is another example with a shorter summary where the display is correct :

Is it possible to shorten the frame for the summary of the current program or to go down the line announcing the next program ?
(2020-03-17, 21:19)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]So, you want to disable the "United Kingdom:12A" from the subheading line at the bottom, correct?

Yes, that's it, totally. And the user rating at the bottom right in this view.
I'll probably have to do more with colors. I'm really liking this touch of green in your screenshot.
(2020-03-17, 22:43)Cyberdom Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-03-17, 17:32)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-03-17, 16:06)Cyberdom Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you @bsoriano for update.

Regards,

Bart    
Thanks @bsoriano for the quick update.

I noticed a few more bugs :
- Can you put the French translation for the memory used :
You must put : MÉMOIRE UTILISÉE

- In the list of TV channels, when you select a channel, it displays the current program (with its summary) and the next one.
But if the summary of the current program is too long, it overlaps the line of the next program.
Here is an example with a long summary :

Here is another example with a shorter summary where the display is correct :

Is it possible to shorten the frame for the summary of the current program or to go down the line announcing the next program ? 
@Cyberdom, fixed already on Git and the Amber repo (version 3.2.49). Please download, test, and let me know.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Hello all,

I have pushed version 3.2.49 to GitHub and the Amber repo.  Fixes:

1. Missing image for when an item has a timer in the EPG
2. Program plot overlapping next program in Channels view.
3. Text being cut-off in Program Info view for PVR

Please download, test, and let me know if you find any additional issues.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart