Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
That would be fantastic, but Movies and TV Show widgets will still have Poster view, right?

Cheers,

Shedrock
(2020-05-23, 18:32)shedrock Wrote: [ -> ]That would be fantastic, but Movies and TV Show widgets will still have Poster view, right?

Cheers,

Shedrock
@shedrock , do you mean if you put movies and tv shows in the custom widgets? if so, that makes a lot of sense, and I will see if I can do it.

Regards,

Bart
(2020-05-23, 19:41)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-05-23, 18:32)shedrock Wrote: [ -> ]That would be fantastic, but Movies and TV Show widgets will still have Poster view, right?

Cheers,

Shedrock
@shedrock , do you mean if you put movies and tv shows in the custom widgets? if so, that makes a lot of sense, and I will see if I can do it.

Regards,

Bart 
Well, what I meant was at the moment I can have posters on TV shows and Movies, but I thought you meant I would lose that option when if you implemented those newly suggested ideas. And yes, I am curious to know if you put movies and tv shows in the custom widgets, if it will work as well.

Shedrock
(2020-05-23, 19:55)shedrock Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-05-23, 19:41)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]

Cheers,

Shedrock

Regards,

Bart 
Well, what I meant was at the moment I can have posters on TV shows and Movies, but I thought you meant I would lose that option when if you implemented those newly suggested ideas. And yes, I am curious to know if you put movies and tv shows in the custom widgets, if it will work as well.

Shedrock

@shedrock , thanks for the clarification. The custom widgets will not affect any other widget type, those remain as they are now.

Regards,

Bart
(2020-05-23, 20:11)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-05-23, 19:55)shedrock Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-05-23, 19:41)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]@shedrock , do you mean if you put movies and tv shows in the custom widgets? if so, that makes a lot of sense, and I will see if I can do it.

Regards,

Bart 

Shedrock 

@shedrock , thanks for the clarification. The custom widgets will not affect any other widget type, those remain as they are now.

Regards,

Bart 
Thank you for the clarification Bart. Much appreciated. Big Grin

Shedrock
(2020-05-23, 20:43)shedrock Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-05-23, 20:11)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-05-23, 19:55)shedrock Wrote: [ -> ]Well, what I meant was at the moment I can have posters on TV shows and Movies, but I thought you meant I would lose that option when if you implemented those newly suggested ideas. And yes, I am curious to know if you put movies and tv shows in the custom widgets, if it will work as well.

Shedrock 

Regards,

Bart  
Thank you for the clarification Bart. Much appreciated. Big Grin

Shedrock 
@shedrock , if you are feeling adventurous, please try the latest from GitHub, Leia branch.  You will see that there is a new type of shelf in Default Shelves that you can configure: Custom Shelf

When you click that, you can choose a name for your shelf (in this example I chose "My Shelf 1").  Then, you will see a new button in the shortcuts management dialog "Configure Custom Shelf 1" that allows you to configure the shelf.

When you click that, you can configure the shelf in the same way that you configure the main menu/submenu (all the custom shelves are actually submenus):

So you can add anything that you are able to add as a menu item/submenu item.  I think this is what you were looking for.  Some things to keep in mind:

1. You have to choose a background for each shelf item, or the default background for the menu item will be shown.  If the item is a playlist or a node, you can choose a playlist or the node as background, and set the number of fanarts from the playlist or background that you want to use.  You will see clearlogo and title in the home menu like you do for other shelves and for menu items.

2. You can change the icon for each shelf item.  Amber will set it by default to whatever the default icon is for what you are adding.

3. The only artwork type I am providing for custom shelves is square, since it provides the label below the icon.  I will change that when I allow different artwork types for all of the shelves.

4. Since these shelves can be anything, there is no sort by or sort order or limit.  The items will be shown in the order that you decide.

5. If you want to add a specific movie, tv show, episode, music video, album, artist or song as a custom shelf item, you need to add it to Favourites first, and then select it from the Favourites when you are configuring the custom shelf.

6. I am only providing 5 custom shelves at this time.  script.skinshortcuts is supposed to allow more than 5 submenus, but I have not got this to work yet.

Please let me know if you are willing to test this, and if you are, how it goes.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2020-05-24, 00:58)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]Regards,

Bart 
@bsoriano - I LOVE it! I just tested it, and it works great. 5 shelves are more than enough. Typically I only use 2 or 3 at the most. All your other points are fine by me. I am just happy to have this feature now. You made my day. I thank you again for your constant hard work on this skin.

I shall go play around with it some more now. Big Grin

Thanks,

Shedrock
Reading the above, "5 x custom shelves", is this 5 per menu item or are we still restricted to only 2 x shelves per home screen menu item? I read above and thought, wow can we now scroll down from lower shelf to more shelves?
(2020-05-24, 19:45)ontap Wrote: [ -> ]Reading the above, "5 x custom shelves", is this 5 per menu item or are we still restricted to only 2 x shelves per home screen menu item? I read above and thought, wow can we now scroll down from lower shelf to more shelves?
@ontap, what version of Amber are you using? Amber offers up to six shelves per menu item. If you set "Show Two Shelves Together" then yes, only the first two are shown. If not, only one shelf is shown at a time. You move between shelves by pressing Up.

If you need further explanation please let me know. Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2020-05-24, 21:00)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-05-24, 19:45)ontap Wrote: [ -> ]Reading the above, "5 x custom shelves", is this 5 per menu item or are we still restricted to only 2 x shelves per home screen menu item? I read above and thought, wow can we now scroll down from lower shelf to more shelves?
@ontap, what version of Amber are you using? Amber offers up to six shelves per menu item. If you set "Show Two Shelves Together" then yes, only the first two are shown. If not, only one shelf is shown at a time. You move between shelves by pressing Up.

Regards,

Bart  
Sorry Bart, I maybe didn't make myself clear , I stopped using Amber a long time ago because , I like the vertical view but , either one wiget/shelf row or even two only , on the screen has always looked wrong to me, a large percentage of the screen is just wasted. I thought when I read your post today that you had changed that , obviously its all about opinions, but without firing up the skin again and looking , I am sure I always thought there was room on the screen for 3 shelves. Imo , using the horizontal view , 1 or two widgets look ok , but just doesn't work for me in vertical. NO Probs my mistake.
(2020-05-24, 22:49)ontap Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-05-24, 21:00)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]

Regards,

Bart  
Sorry Bart, I maybe didn't make myself clear , I stopped using Amber a long time ago because , I like the vertical view but , either one wiget/shelf row or even two only , on the screen has always looked wrong to me, a large percentage of the screen is just wasted. I thought when I read your post today that you had changed that , obviously its all about opinions, but without firing up the skin again and looking , I am sure I always thought there was room on the screen for 3 shelves. Imo , using the horizontal view , 1 or two widgets look ok , but just doesn't work for me in vertical. NO Probs my mistake.

@ontap, understood. I am currently working on implementing 3 widget rows together. It will take me a little while more to do. Once it is available, I will let you know so that you can try it out and see what you think.

Regards,

Bart
Hello all,

I have uploaded versions 3.2.86 (Leia) and 3.3.86 (Matrix) to GitHub and the Amber repos. The main changes are:

I. I have added a new type of shelf (widget): Custom Shelf.  This is a shelf in which you can add anything that you can add as a menu/submenu item, and they are configured the same way, so you can have as many items as you want, and they will be in the order that you want.  Some screenshots on configuring these and how it looks follow.  In these screenshots, I have configured the first shelf for the Favourites menu item as a Custom Shelf with 4 options.

Some notes on the Custom Shelf:

1. You have to choose a background for each shelf item, or the default background for the menu item will be shown.  If the item is a playlist or a node, you can choose a playlist or the node as background, and set the number of fanarts from the playlist or background that you want to use.  You will see clearlogo and title in the home menu like you do for other shelves and for menu items.

2. You can change the icon for each shelf item.  Amber will set it by default to whatever the default icon is for what you are adding.

3. The only artwork type I am providing for custom shelves is square, since it provides the label below the icon.  I will change that when I allow different artwork types for all of the shelves.

4. Since these shelves can be anything, there is no sort by or sort order or limit.  The items will be shown in the order that you decide.

5. If you want to add a specific movie, tv show, episode, music video, album, artist or song as a custom shelf item, you need to add it to Favourites first, and then select it from the Favourites when you are configuring the custom shelf.

6. I am only providing 5 custom shelves.

II. Option to show 3 Shelves Together.  In this case, the first three shelves for the menu item will be shown together.  The posters are smaller to accommodate showing these shelves in both horizontal menu and vertical menu.

It looks like this:

Some notes on 3 Shelves Together:

1. No double or triple row shelves are shown in this configuration.

2. Navigation is the same, you press Up to move between shelves (from 1 to 2 to 3), and you press Down from shelf 1 to go back to the main menu.  You can also press Back from any shelf to go back to the main menu.

3. There will be no logo shown if using with horizontal menu, since there is no room on the screen for it.

III. Option to show Three-Row Shelves.  This is one shelf with three rows, very similar to tow-row shelves.  My apologies it is only working correctly for the Vertical Menu.  I will fix the size for the horizontal menu in the next update.

It looks like this:

Please not that the poster size is the not the same as for three shelves together.  Since this is just one shelf, it made sense to keep the same poster size as the one row and two row shelves.

You can mix and match the types of shelf for the same menu item, meaning that you can have one-row, two-row and three-row shelves for the same menu item.  This is a per-shelf configuration.

This has been a big change, so please test thoroughly and let me know if you find any other issues.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Hi Bart,

I've been testing the latest version of the skin and all seems fine. However, a few updates back I noticed that if I do a fresh install of the skin, I no longer see the correct widgets for "Recently Added Episodes". I believe skin helper provided this info, but when I select it I only get the following, as you can see in the image. If however I just update the skin, then my "old" Recently Aired Episodes are correct. Am I overlooking something here? I've looked at all the settings and everything seems fine.

Regards,

Shedrock
(2020-05-28, 01:36)shedrock Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Bart,

I've been testing the latest version of the skin and all seems fine. However, a few updates back I noticed that if I do a fresh install of the skin, I no longer see the correct widgets for "Recently Added Episodes". I believe skin helper provided this info, but when I select it I only get the following, as you can see in the image. If however I just update the skin, then my "old" Recently Aired Episodes are correct. Am I overlooking something here? I've looked at all the settings and everything seems fine.

Regards,

Shedrock
@shedrock , is that image showing the correct or incorrect information? What are you expecting to see? If you are OK with that, please post here (or PM me) a link to your script-skinshortcuts-includes.xml file, it's in the 1080i folder of the skin.  That way I can see exactly how you have configured your shelves and try to see what is happening.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
@bsoriano

Hi Bart,

Sorry I took so long to get back to you. Work's been pretty crazy lately. Anyway, I've attached an image to show you what it should look like. On my main LE system, it looks like this.

I've attached a copy of the file here: https://mega.nz/file/5Cx1FQ7B#pHDVGWIJ0O...uORwdeAhf8 - The copy I attached is the copy that works as it should on my LE setup. I also copied it over to my Windows test installation but there was no change whatsoever. It still displays incorrectly.

I tried the playlist, but then realized that it's just that, a playlist, and it's not displaying the recently added as before. Hopefully you can shed some light on it for me.

Thanks,

Shedrock