Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2021-11-24, 01:42)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-11-23, 15:37)jdig4240 Wrote: [ -> ]Hey Bsoriano, thanks for the tip!! So to expand a little an this, is there a way to add to the command to refresh skin after executing the custom command? For example I made a skin setting toggle to Enable/Disable bottom shortcuts skin.togglesetting(enable.bottomshortcuts), but doesnt change until I either enter the settings and back out, or if I reload skin. So just curious if I can add refreshskin() to the command somehow? Thanks, this is fun...

@jdig4240 , through the menu configuration dialog there is no way that I know of having more than one command.  I can create an "action override" that does both commands (enable/disable bottom shortcuts and reload the skin), and you could then use that as the custom action.  Would you like me to do that? If so, please look very thoroughly at what other skin settings you would like to have a shortcut for which could need a skin reload, since I only want to work once on this.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

Wow, I appreciate the extra mile you would go to do this for me!! The two im really interested in would be the bottom shortcuts toggle, and the disable all shelves toggle.
(2021-11-24, 01:31)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-11-23, 22:10)jdig4240 Wrote: [ -> ]Hey, I also reached on to Zack on IAGL thread, he was also able to replicate the issue on Amber, but hes not sure either, so I dunno...https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=332966&page=45

@jdig4240 , it took me a while to figure out what the issue was, since it was not obvious and there was nothing in the log.  I think I have fixed the issue now, please test the latest from GitHub.  I tested IAGL with all of the Amber view types, and in all cases now when you exit the game there is no reloading.  Please test and let me know how it works for you.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
OMG, yes. You absolutely fixed the issue!! The game now exits correctly and the issue before is gone. I believe this also fixed a couple other issues i was having with other addons shortcuts I was having before when opening an addon and returning to the home screen, so big thanks to you for figuring this out, nice job man. Appreciate it.
@jdig4240, thank you for confirming that it is working. I am planning on continuing to use IAGL, so I will skin its info dialog for Amber in the near future.

Regards,

Bart
(2021-11-18, 21:45)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-11-17, 16:45)G0mez Wrote: [ -> ]Have that option disabled. Was curios and tested amber from kodi repo and that version was working butter smoothly. Understand that there's been lots of changes since then so could be very difficult to find out what's causing it Confused

@G0mez , thanks for that additional info.  I guess I have not noticed this degradation in performance in my Windows system.  What is the environment that you are using? I want to do some testing (I have every version of Amber, so I can test until I get to where the performance started to degrade), but I want to approximate the testing to what you are seeing, since, again, I do not have an issue in my Windows 11 HTPC.

Regards,

Bart

I'm using latest play store version of kodi 19.3 GIT:20211024-49A04CD6A7
On my Shield TV 2015 ,android 9

If there is other android users reading this, would like to hear if they've been having performance issues aswell or is it just me
(2021-11-24, 02:44)Joeyrub Wrote: [ -> ]Oh well ....... If I have to, I'll hold my breath, and wait till the weekend.
I'll survive.
Lol
That's awesome Bart! I can't wait

@Joeyrub , I found a little time today and got this done.  There is a new setting "Teletext Button Opens EPG" that does what you asked.  You can find the new setting here:

Please test and let me know if this is what you were looking for.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2021-11-24, 22:11)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-11-24, 02:44)Joeyrub Wrote: [ -> ]Oh well ....... If I have to, I'll hold my breath, and wait till the weekend.
I'll survive.
Lol

@Joeyrub , I found a little time today and got this done.  There is a new setting "Teletext Button Opens EPG" that does what you asked.  You can find the new setting here:

Regards,

Bart

Yuuuup! Works beautifully Bart! Love it!
(2021-11-25, 01:03)Joeyrub Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-11-24, 22:11)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
I'll survive.
Lol

Regards,

Bart

Yuuuup! Works beautifully Bart! Love it!

Hey Bart.
Like I said, the full guide button is working perfectly. No complaints.
But I just have a little suggestion to make, the setting that you put at the bottom of the FULL SCREEN\OSD tab. I think it would fit in better at the top of this tab, right under the Subtitle button, and Info button settings. It feels like it belongs right there together with those. Na?
Again just a suggestion
(2021-11-24, 02:50)Joeyrub Wrote: [ -> ]You know, in a way I'm happy to hear you say this. Because like I said before this issue isn't about me personally wanting the logos back, cause I probably will stick with the show poster\thumb anyway. But that's exactly what I kept thinking, that this must be an oversight, or a error. Cause I so expected one of the options to put the logos back.
Just hearing you say it was a oversight, kinda confirms what I thought.
Let me know when it's ready, I'll test it out for you

@Joeyrub , I have added this as an option.  The new option is "EPG Icon/Channel Logo", since some PVR backends do provide a programme icon (poster or other), which Kodi defaults to the channel logo if the icon is not provided by the PVR backend.  I thought it best not to add two separate options.

I also regrouped the settings in the Full Screen/OSD skin settings category, since it made sense to me what you said about the settings which pertain to OSD button functions being grouped together.  The settings look like this now:

Please test and let me know if it is working well for you.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2021-11-24, 04:19)jdig4240 Wrote: [ -> ]Wow, I appreciate the extra mile you would go to do this for me!! The two im really interested in would be the bottom shortcuts toggle, and the disable all shelves toggle.

@jdig4240, I have added two override actions to do what you are looking for.  

-  If you want a menu/submenu item to disable/enable all shelves, use "hide_shelves" as the "Custom Item" when you do "Change Action" in the menu configuration dialog (do not include the ").
 -  If you want a menu/submenu item to enable/disable bottom shortcuts, use "bottom_shortcuts" as the "Custom Item" when you do "Change Action" in the menu configuration dialog (do not include the ").

The changes are already on GitHub.  Please test, and let me know if it is working well for you.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2021-11-26, 22:27)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-11-24, 02:50)Joeyrub Wrote: [ -> ]You know, in a way I'm happy to hear you say this. Because like I said before this issue isn't about me personally wanting the logos back, cause I probably will stick with the show poster\thumb anyway. But that's exactly what I kept thinking, that this must be an oversight, or a error. Cause I so expected one of the options to put the logos back.

@Joeyrub , I have added this as an option.  The new option is "EPG Icon/Channel Logo", since some PVR backends do provide a programme icon (poster or other), which Kodi defaults to the channel logo if the icon is not provided by the PVR backend.  I thought it best not to add two separate options.

I also regrouped the settings in the Full Screen/OSD skin settings category, since it made sense to me what you said about the settings which pertain to OSD button functions being grouped together.  The settings look like this now:

Regards,

Bart

Hey Bart..
Sorry I didn't see your post sooner. I just saw it and downloaded n tested it right away.
First yes, I see the Teletext button setting was moved together with the other OSD button settings..

But Bart, this is the first time I'm testing one of your fixes that didn't work...
If I select the option, Epg icon\channel logo. I still get the same option as all other options there give me. The same show thumb. But No channel logo.
Just FYI. The very first version of the Amber Skin I installed, from the Kodi repo still. That version had the channel logos on the OSD screen. So maybe going back to that could show you how to get it again? Just a suggestion. I'm sure you'll figure it out better than me. Hehe.
(2021-11-27, 12:52)Joeyrub Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-11-26, 22:27)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]

Regards,

Bart

But Bart, this is the first time I'm testing one of your fixes that didn't work...
If I select the option, Epg icon\channel logo. I still get the same option as all other options there give me. The same show thumb. But No channel logo.
Just FYI. The very first version of the Amber Skin I installed, from the Kodi repo still. That version had the channel logos on the OSD screen. So maybe going back to that could show you how to get it again? Just a suggestion. I'm sure you'll figure it out better than me. Hehe.

Nope these logos are not showing up Bart.
I tried restarting Kodi thinking maybe if it refreshed the backend again, maybe it will then download and display the channel logos. But nope. Nothing I tried helped anything. Still the same, no matter which option I select, including the new Epg icon\channel logo, it still only shows the same show poster...

Hopefully you can figure this out...
Enjoy your weekend Bart
(2021-11-27, 13:11)Joeyrub Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-11-27, 12:52)Joeyrub Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-11-26, 22:27)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]@Joeyrub , I have added this as an option.  The new option is "EPG Icon/Channel Logo", since some PVR backends do provide a programme icon (poster or other), which Kodi defaults to the channel logo if the icon is not provided by the PVR backend.  I thought it best not to add two separate options.

Regards,

Bart

Nope these logos are not showing up Bart.
I tried restarting Kodi thinking maybe if it refreshed the backend again, maybe it will then download and display the channel logos. But nope. Nothing I tried helped anything. Still the same, no matter which option I select, including the new Epg icon\channel logo, it still only shows the same show poster...

Hopefully you can figure this out...
Enjoy your weekend Bart

I found a old photo of the first version that still had the Channel logo on the OSD screen......

But here is a photo of it right now, even with the new Epg icons\channel logos option selected, it still shows this .....

These elusive logos...... Lol
@Joeyrub, the changes are working correctly. As per my post, the new option shows the EPG programme icon if your PVR backend provides it, which Kodi defaults to the channel logo if the PVR backend does not provide an icon. In your case, your PVR backend seems to always provide an icon.

I will think about an option that always displays the channel logo. I can only test one PVR backend, so I do not know if it will work the same with other backends.

Regards,

Bart
(2021-11-27, 22:24)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]@Joeyrub, the changes are working correctly. As per my post, the new option shows the EPG programme icon if your PVR backend provides it, which Kodi defaults to the channel logo if the PVR backend does not provide an icon. In your case, your PVR backend seems to always provide an icon.

I will think about an option that always displays the channel logo. I can only test one PVR backend, so I do not know if it will work the same with other backends.

Regards,

Bart

Hmmmmm. That's a little disappointing. So that means I personally couldn't test it, cause again no matter what I choose, I'll get the show thumb... Oh well...
@bsoriano
Hey Bart,

I've been meaning to ask you for quite some time now about fanart in episode view. If I click info on and "episode", shouldn't I see rotating fanart also? In my case it is just black, but all other screens rotate the fanart. It just looks weird with a black background. The below image in an example of what I'm referring to.

I think this was done by design? It would be nice if a dark grey texture was used, or for that matter a gradient overlay. Just a thought.

Regards,

Shedrock