Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
@bsoriano - Hey Bart,

I noticed on the Music Video widget, the "Label on Shelf" text does not scroll with long titles. It seems to be truncated. Also, on the Music widget, is it possible to add an option to turn on/off the "Label on Shelf" option, even on other configured widgets. For example my "self created" addon widgets don't have this on/off feature, or maybe that was by design? I've provided pics to show you exactly what I am referring to.

Regards,

Shedrock
(2020-07-10, 13:05)shedrock Wrote: [ -> ]@bsoriano - Hey Bart,

I noticed on the Music Video widget, the "Label on Shelf" text does not scroll with long titles. It seems to be truncated. Also, on the Music widget, is it possible to add an option to turn on/off the "Label on Shelf" option, even on other configured widgets. For example my "self created" addon widgets don't have this on/off feature, or maybe that was by design? I've provided pics to show you exactly what I am referring to.

Regards,

Shedrock

@shedrock, I will look into making the label scroll. For the square artwork, by design the textbox below the art is shown. To be clear, you would like the textbox to be optional for square? Please confirm. Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2020-07-10, 07:49)zorg2000k Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-07-10, 00:01)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]Hello all,

I uploaded versions 3.2.98 (Leia) and 3.3.98 (Matrix) to GitHub and the Amber repos.  The main change is:

Provide artwork options for shelves (widgets).  Now Amber provides the following as artwork options for dynamic shelves:

- Poster
- Square
- Fanart
- Banner
- Thumb (only for episodes)
- Landscape
- ClearArt
- ClearLogo
- CharacterArt
- DiscArt

As you might imagine, not all artwork types are available for all media types.

Some examples:

1. Movies with Banner.  In the following screenshot, you can see a dowble row shelf of movies with Banner as the artwork.  If a movie does not have a banner, Amber will build one using the fanart and the clear logo.  If the movie does not have a clear logo, just the fanart will be used for the banner.

2. Movies with Landscape.  In the following screenshot, you can see a shelf with movies using the landscape artwork type.  If the movie does not have a landscape artwork, AMber will use the fanart as fallback.

3. Movies with ClearArt.  In the next screenshot, you can see a shelf using movies with the Clearart artwork type.  If the movie does not have clearart, Aamber will try to use the clearlogo (as with the movie Irresistible in the screenshot). If there is no clearlogo either, Amber will show the title of the movie as a fallback.

4.  TV Shows using CharacterArt.  In the following screenshot, you can see a shelf with tv shows using Characterart.  If the tv show does not have characterart, Amber will try to use the clearart; if there is no clearart, Amber will try to use the clearlogo; if there is no clearlogo, Amber will show the title of the tv show as fallback.

5. Movies using Disc Art.  In the next screenshot, you can see a shelf with movies using Discart.  If the movie does not have discart, Amber will create one using the poster of the movie.

6. Miscellaneous examples.  Here are a couple of screenshots showing some combinations of artwork types.

Please note that Amber will not download/scrape the different artwork types for your media, you need to have them scraped/loaded into your database, using one of the online scrapers, Artwork Beef and/or a media manager app.

This was a big change, so please test thoroughly and let me know if you find any issues.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Great update again, many thanks for your time and effort. Fantastic skin

@zorg2000k, thank you! 😊

Regards,

Bart
(2020-07-10, 13:10)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-07-10, 13:05)shedrock Wrote: [ -> ] 

@shedrock, I will look into making the label scroll. For the square artwork, by design the textbox below the art is shown. To be clear, you would like the textbox to be optional for square? Please confirm. Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Sorry I wasn't specific in my post. Big Grin That's what I meat. To have option to turn it on/off.

Also, I am receiving a skin variables error. I am not sure if I should post the log here, or on the author's addon thread.

Logfile: https://paste.kodi.tv/epekagiwag.kodi

Cheers,

Shedrock
Hi again Bart,

I don't think it's necessary to add the scrolling text as I show in the image below. It is hardly likely to think that a Movie or TV Show title + Year & Time could be longer than the width of what is currently available. Maybe just increase the width a bit more? I can do it locally, but it would get overwritten on each update. Just a thought. Big Grin

Regards,

Shedrock
(2020-07-10, 14:26)shedrock Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-07-10, 13:10)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-07-10, 13:05)shedrock Wrote: [ -> ] 

Regards,

Bart
Sorry I wasn't specific in my post. Big Grin That's what I meat. To have option to turn it on/off.

Also, I am receiving a skin variables error. I am not sure if I should post the log here, or on the author's addon thread.

Logfile: https://paste.kodi.tv/epekagiwag.kodi

Cheers,

Shedrock
@shedrock , I think you should post that error on the skinvariables thread.  I don't know what can be causing that, and I am not getting that error.

As for the option to show/hide the textbox underneath the artwork for Square widgets (dynamic), I have added that just now on GitHub.  You now will find a new option when configuring the widgets:

That will hide the textbox, and increase the size of the artwork accordingly.  So the result from the screenshot above for me is:

As opposed to this, when the textbox is shown:

This is only on GitHub for now.  Please download, test, and let me know if this is what you were looking for.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2020-07-10, 17:34)shedrock Wrote: [ -> ]Hi again Bart,

I don't think it's necessary to add the scrolling text as I show in the image below. It is hardly likely to think that a Movie or TV Show title + Year & Time could be longer than the width of what is currently available. Maybe just increase the width a bit more? I can do it locally, but it would get overwritten on each update. Just a thought. Big Grin

Regards,

Shedrock
@shedrock , while it is true that there is additional space as you point out, I am not planning on widening that label, since it would interfere with the label for the widget type (what appears on the right).

I went ahead and added on GitHub the option to have the label scroll.  You can find the new option when you configure a widget that is Poster, Thumb or Fanart, and you enable the option to Show Label on Shelf:

This is only on GitHub for now.

Please download, test, and let me know what you think.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2020-07-10, 18:27)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-07-10, 17:34)shedrock Wrote: [ -> ] 
@shedrock , while it is true that there is additional space as you point out, I am not planning on widening that label, since it would interfere with the label for the widget type (what appears on the right).

I went ahead and added on GitHub the option to have the label scroll.  You can find the new option when you configure a widget that is Poster, Thumb or Fanart, and you enable the option to Show Label on Shelf:

This is only on GitHub for now.

Please download, test, and let me know what you think.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Thanks Bart. I am going to test it out in a few minutes and report back. As for the skin variables issue. This I believe only started when I decided to add another "User Profile". I have a backup installation before I created the second profile, and I will test that out and report back on the skin variables thread.

Thanks again for your hard work.

Shedrock
@bsoriano - Hi Bart,

That option to Enable label scrolling is not working for me. It doesn't matter if I have it on or off, it still scrolls. The one for my music works as it should.

UPDATE: It partially works Bart. For example, if I add a playlist as one of my widgets, then it still scrolls regardless of the switch setting. If you want, I can post a video to show you what I am referring to.

Regards,

Shedrock
(2020-07-10, 20:02)shedrock Wrote: [ -> ]@bsoriano - Hi Bart,

That option to Enable label scrolling is not working for me. It doesn't matter if I have it on or off, it still scrolls. The one for my music works as it should.

Shedrock

@shedrock , that's strange.  I have tested the scrolling and it works as expected on my setup.  In the screenshot below you can see I have three music video shelves, the bottom 1 (shelf 1) does not have label scrolling active, so you can see the ... after labels that are long and the labels do not scroll, while the other two have label scrolling active, and the labels do scroll.

If you would like, please post or PM your script-skinshortcuts-includes.xml file so I can see in more detail what Amber is generating for you.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
@bsoriano - Hi again Bart,

I had to toggle    every one of the switches from on/off in order for it to work as intended, so now it seems to be just fine. I will let you now later on. I am just heading back to work.

Thank you so much. I also posted in the skin variables thread regarding that error. Hopefully @jurialmunkey gets back to me on it.

Regards,

Shedrock
(2020-07-09, 23:33)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-07-05, 21:15)Cyberdom Wrote: [ -> ]With version 3.2.97 of Amber, I just noticed a defect in using the PVR with the logos of TV channels in the shelf of TV recordings.
Before, the logo of a TV channel was displayed correctly :

Now, the logo is cropped even when choosing the display in square mode :

@bsoriano can you rectify this in the next update so that the TV channel logos are displayed correctly in the shelf of TV recordings ?

Thanks in advance.
@Cyberdom , please test version 3.2.98.  This should be fixed.  Please confirm that it is indeed fixed.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Thank you @bsoriano.

The TV channel logos are displayed correctly again in the TV recordings shelf.
@bsoriano - Hi Bart,

Here is a link to a small video example of the issue as discussed in my last post. The issue with the scrolling text is still there unfortunately.

https://youtu.be/mG2kdaNjuN4

Regards,

Sehdrock
(2020-07-11, 00:26)shedrock Wrote: [ -> ]@bsoriano - Hi Bart,

Here is a link to a small video example of the issue as discussed in my last post. The issue with the scrolling text is still there unfortunately.

https://youtu.be/mG2kdaNjuN4

Regards,

Sehdrock

@shedrock, thank you for the video. It seems I misunderstood what label you wanted to scroll. The new option affects the label that appears on the poster itself, not the label at the top. So, I see that the label scrolls, which is standard behavior that I have not changed. Do you want an option for that top label to not scroll? Please confirm. Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2020-07-11, 01:48)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-07-11, 00:26)shedrock Wrote: [ -> ] 

@shedrock, thank you for the video. It seems I misunderstood what label you wanted to scroll. The new option affects the label that appears on the poster itself, not the label at the top. So, I see that the label scrolls, which is standard behavior that I have not changed. Do you want an option for that top label to not scroll? Please confirm. Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Hi Bart,

If it's not too much trouble to do, then that's fine. If it is, then I am okay with that also. I really feel bad that you had to add all that code for that feature. I apologize for that. Sad

Thank you so much,

Shedrock