Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hello Bert,

thenk you for the new update. But i hope you make the skin better and you don´t go some steps back.

-please make the vertikal Menü static. the new one, when i activate start on first item, the start menu i never static.
-when i long press the up button in the EPG, then opens on top the side menu. A proposal for the top Channel Group list is a second click up to jump in the Channel group list.

And please take the tall list as standard, or let us user a option to do the tall list as standadr. for best, without information. i will not create proposal, you will not answer to me.
(2020-01-19, 22:27)Grinario Wrote: [ -> ]hello Bert,

thenk you for the new update. But i hope you make the skin better and you don´t go some steps back.

-please make the vertikal Menü static. the new one, when i activate start on first item, the start menu i never static.
-when i long press the up button in the EPG, then opens on top the side menu. A proposal for the top Channel Group list is a second click up to jump in the Channel group list.

And please take the tall list as standard, or let us user a option to do the tall list as standadr. for best, without information. i will not create proposal, you will not answer to me.

@Grinario, thanks for your feedback. I will look into the static vertical menu issue.

As for the EPG, pressing up again from the top channel does open the side menu, this is by design. I understand that you would like a different navigation for the top channel group, but I like it the way it is now, that you get to it by pressing Back no matter on which channel you are in the list. I do not plan to change this.

You have mentioned before about making the tall list the standard view; I am not sure how I can do this, I need to investigate further.

I have looked at your proposals, and I apologize if I have not provided answers. After a lot of consideration, I will not be making your proposed changes for touch devices, as it would involve a lot of redesign that I do not want to do at this moment. If you take Estuary, for example, they ended up making a different skin for touch devices, Estouchy, to adequately accommodate touch navigation.

I am still thinking about the three shelves at the same time. It only makes sense for the vertical menu, and I need to do a lot of tests to see how I can do it well. The same goes for not having a background behind the shelves, I need to test that quite a bit to see how it would look with all of the different possible shelves the skin offers.

I am still working on video info fixes/optimizations and custom search optimizations. I understand that it might seem to you that I have ignored your requests and provided different updates that were not being requested before answering your requests. Rest assured, I have an internal roadmap that I am following, and I have never left any request hanging. Obviously, I will not do every single request that I receive.

More to come on the issues/ requests that you have posted/asked for.

Regards,

Bart
Hello all,

I have just pushed Amber version 3.2.35 to GitHub.  The main changes are:

1. Added the option to select what the default view is (thank you @ronie !).  You will find a new option in Settings, Amber Settings, Media Views: Set Default View.  This will bring up a dialog where you can select which view you would like as the default view.  Two important items of note here:

-- You can only select views that you have not hidden (for example, if you enable Hide Panel View, then you can't set Panel as the default view)

-- The default view only applies to windows where you have not explicitly set a view.  For example, if you had selected, using the side menu, Icons as your view for Movies, then that will be the view shown in Movies irrespective of what view you set as default.  As far as I know, the only way to reset all views in all windows is to quit Kodi, delete the viemodesxx.db which is in your <userdata>/Database folder, and restart Kodi.

2. Added Embuary Info shelves.

3. Some fixes/optimizations to video info navigation with tmdb helper and to custom search (from video info or the Search main menu item).  Item of note here:

-- When you do a search now, pressing i on any of the returned items will not do anything.  You need to press Enter (or click) on the item, and this will take you to the video info dialog for the item.  This is not working well yet for episodes and YouTube videos, I am still trying to figure out how to do those correctly.

Finally, in terms of getting the beta versions of tmdb helper that Amber uses, @jurialmunkey has his own repo where this addon is kept updated:  https://jurialmunkey.github.io/repositor...ey-1.2.zip.  Please install that repo.  Thanks.

Please download, test, and let me know what you think.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2020-01-19, 22:27)Grinario Wrote: [ -> ]hello Bert,

@Grinario , please download and test the latest version from Git (Leia branch).  I have added the option to set the default view.  Please see my previous post in the forum for info on this.  Thanks.

I looked at the vertical menu, and I could not find any problems with it.  The menu continues to be static when Start on First Item is enabled.  

Regards,

Bart
(2020-01-15, 16:56)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-01-15, 15:45)DarrenHill Wrote: [ -> ]@bsoriano - as a suggestion, if the authors of those addons don't object it might be worth including a copy of them in the Amber repo so that there is no need to go hunting and messing around with zip files?

Even if it's temporary until the required/desired versions can be included into the official repo, it would probably make life easier for people who aren't so confident in grabbing stuff from GitHub and zip-installing it.

@DarrenHill , very true, thanks! I will ask, and include if they do not mind.

Regards,

Bart   
@bsoriano, any news on the availability of plugin.video.themoviedb.helper on the Amber repository to avoid having to download the zip file ?

It would be nice while waiting for the latest version to be available on the Kodi repository.
(2020-01-20, 23:30)Cyberdom Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-01-15, 16:56)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-01-15, 15:45)DarrenHill Wrote: [ -> ]@bsoriano - as a suggestion, if the authors of those addons don't object it might be worth including a copy of them in the Amber repo so that there is no need to go hunting and messing around with zip files?

Even if it's temporary until the required/desired versions can be included into the official repo, it would probably make life easier for people who aren't so confident in grabbing stuff from GitHub and zip-installing it.

@DarrenHill , very true, thanks! I will ask, and include if they do not mind.

Regards,

Bart    
@bsoriano, any news on the availability of plugin.video.themoviedb.helper on the Amber repository to avoid having to download the zip file ?

It would be nice while waiting for the latest version to be available on the Kodi repository. 
@Cyberdom , as I mentioned in my previous post, @jurialmunkey has his own repo that always has the latest beta version of tmdb helper.  You can find it at: https://jurialmunkey.github.io/repositor...ey-1.2.zip.  Please install this repo and you will have the latest versions of the plugin.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
@bsoriano, I indeed read your previous post but I find that it would be easier for neophytes to directly have a version of tmdb helper available in the Amber repository.

What is also a shame is that we could not install the latest version of Amber without the latest version of tmdb helper.

Do you know when a version of tmdb helper compatible with the latest version of Amber will be available on the Kodi repository ?
(2020-01-21, 00:17)Cyberdom Wrote: [ -> ]@bsoriano, I indeed read your previous post but I find that it would be easier for neophytes to directly have a version of tmdb helper available in the Amber repository.

What is also a shame is that we could not install the latest version of Amber without the latest version of tmdb helper.

Do you know when a version of tmdb helper compatible with the latest version of Amber will be available on the Kodi repository ?
@Cyberdom , my apologies, I thought that perhaps you had not seen that post.  I know it would be easier to include in the Amber repo, but the answer I received from the plugin author is what I have already stated, to install his repo.  

I understand that it probably would have been better to wait until the required version of tmdb helper was in the Kodi repo, to release the version of Amber.  I will make sure of that in the future.

Sadly, I do not know when the latest version of tmdb helper will be in the Kodi repo.  I know the author is still testing the latest features.

Regards,

Bart
Thank you for your response @bsoriano. I think I'll wait for tmdb helper to be updated on the Kodi repository.

Regarding the problem with Embuary helper (https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2912404), I sent you in PM examples of titles with accented characters.

Do you thought about this problem and tried to reproduce it ?
(2020-01-21, 23:01)Cyberdom Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you for your response @bsoriano. I think I'll wait for tmdb helper to be updated on the Kodi repository.

Regarding the problem with Embuary helper (https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2912404), I sent you in PM examples of titles with accented characters.

Do you thought about this problem and tried to reproduce it ?

@Cyberdom, my apologies for not answering that before. I have not been able to reproduce the issue under Windows.

Regards,

Bart
Hello all,

I have just pushed Amber version 3.2.36 to the Amber repo.  

The main change from version 3.2.35 that was in GitHub is that the subtitle button in the video OSD now needs to be clicked (press Enter) and it will open the subtitle settings dialog.  I did this becuase the option to browse subtitles was not in the popup that I had before for subtitles, and there is no way to call the action to browse subtitles from the video OSD, except for opening the subtitle settings dialog.

Please update, test, and let me know what you think.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
I just updated to 3.2.36 Leia but now I cant access my files on the NAS, all I get is this kinda of view:

Aah just had to set the default view so now ok.
(2020-01-22, 17:30)Raitsa Wrote: [ -> ]Aah just had to set the default view so now ok.

@Raitsa, my apologies for the issue! I will submit a fix in the next few hours. Thanks for pointing this out.

Regards,

Bart
(2020-01-22, 19:57)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-01-22, 17:30)Raitsa Wrote: [ -> ]Aah just had to set the default view so now ok.

@Raitsa, my apologies for the issue! I will submit a fix in the next few hours. Thanks for pointing this out.

Regards,

Bart  
Addons part completely gone it's seems. I can't update addons and see updates. Ore use them. For addons I switch skins and come back while watching/listening...