Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2020-12-04, 00:45)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]I am making progress also on the video preview taking over the right side of the screen after a few seconds.  Hopefully I will finish it tomorrow.
Thanks Bart. Please take your time. You've done quite a lot on my request, and it is much appreciated.

Shedrock
(2020-12-04, 00:47)shedrock Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-12-04, 00:45)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]I am making progress also on the video preview taking over the right side of the screen after a few seconds.  Hopefully I will finish it tomorrow.
Thanks Bart. Please take your time. You've done quite a lot on my request, and it is much appreciated.

Shedrock
@shedrock , please keep your requests coming.  They are most certainly allowing me to learn more skinning, and moving Amber to be more fully-featured.  Thanks.

So I am done with the addition of being able to "enlarge" the video preview window after a few seconds (8, in this case, not configurable).  Please test the latest from GitHub.

You will find a new setting in the "Now Playing" section of the Skin Settings, "Enlarge Video Preview when Idle":

When you set this to Yes, you will find that the Now Playing video preview will go, after 8 seconds, from this:

To this:

I think this is close to what you were looking for.  If you press a key or move the mouse, the video preview window will go back to its previous state.

Also, I think I fixed the issue of the fanart changing when you move the mouse.  Now, when Now Playing is active, the fanart in the background is only the fanart (or thumb if no fanart) of the now playing item.

Please download, test, and let me know if you find any further issues.  Thanks again!

Regards,

Bart
Hi everyone this is my first post but I’ve been a long time follower.

I have a basic understanding for anything to advance seems to be a stumbling block for me when it comes to skinning.

I’m looking for some help,

I’m running matrix and have been able to load the skin but unfortunately that’s where it stops. I can’t seem to view any of my media. I keep getting the message

Skin variables helper failed.

Does anyone have any suggestions?
(2020-12-05, 00:56)Bbam Wrote: [ -> ]Hi everyone this is my first post but I’ve been a long time follower.

I have a basic understanding for anything to advance seems to be a stumbling block for me when it comes to skinning.

I’m looking for some help,

I’m running matrix and have been able to load the skin but unfortunately that’s where it stops. I can’t seem to view any of my media. I keep getting the message

Skin variables helper failed.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

@Bbam, what version of the skin are you using? I am a bit confused by the message you are getting. Could you please post a screenshot so I can see exactly what the message says? In any case, I recommend that you install the repository of the developer of the skinvariables and themoviedb helper addons, so you can get the latest versions of those addons. You can download the repo from here: https://github.com/jurialmunkey/reposito...matrix.zip

In case you are using the version of Amber from the Kodi repo, I also suggest that you install the Amber repo, so that you are using the latest version of the skin. You can download the repo from here: https://github.com/bartolomesoriano/repo...-1.0.2.zip

Once you are using the latest versions from those repos, please let me know if you are still having issues. I am the maintainer of the Amber skin, by the way.

Regards,

Bart
Thanks for your quick reply Bart,

So I’m running Amber 3.4.4

I had already downloaded and installed Skin variables from jurialmonkey (version 0.0.3)

Amber photos (failed screens)

Please see attached screens
@Bbam

A couple of pointers for you...

How to take a screenshot in Kodi... https://kodi.wiki/view/Settings/System/L...hot_folder

How to post an image..
If the image is on your computer, use button 19.
If the image has already been uploaded to a public image hosting site, right click the image and select Copy image location then use button 14 and paste the link
Thanks for your quick reply Bart,

I had already downloaded and installed Skin variables from jurialmonkey (version 0.0.3)

(2020-12-05, 02:55)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]@Bbam

A couple of pointers for you...

How to take a screenshot in Kodi... https://kodi.wiki/view/Settings/System/L...hot_folder

How to post an image..
If the image is on your computer, use button 19.
If the image has already been uploaded to a public image hosting site, right click the image and select Copy image location then use button 14 and paste the link

Great, thanks for the heads up... accidentally posted my google drive pics (hope that’s cool)
(2020-12-04, 23:22)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]I think this is close to what you were looking for.  If you press a key or move the mouse, the video preview window will go back to its previous state.
Thank you very much Bart. This looks great! I can also confirm that you fixed the fanart issue as well.

If you get time, and it really doesn't have to be now, it would be nice to be able to switch off all the info surrounding the preview box. I personally don't need the preview. I really just like the window with the player controls and the time duration like in Aeon MQ7, but it's not a deal breaker either way.

Regards,

Shedrock
(2020-12-05, 04:31)Bbam Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for your quick reply Bart,

@Bbam, that version of skinvariables is not the latest. Please install Jurialmunkey's repo, I provided the link in my previous post. The latest version of skinvariables is 0.2.4. Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2020-12-05, 04:46)shedrock Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-12-04, 23:22)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]I think this is close to what you were looking for.  If you press a key or move the mouse, the video preview window will go back to its previous state.
Thank you very much Bart. This looks great! I can also confirm that you fixed the fanart issue as well.

If you get time, and it really doesn't have to be now, it would be nice to be able to switch off all the info surrounding the preview box. I personally don't need the preview. I really just like the window with the player controls and the time duration like in Aeon MQ7, but it's not a deal breaker either way.

Regards,

Shedrock

@shedrock, thanks for your feedback. I will look into having the large preview window with controls and progress.

Regards,

Bart
(2020-12-05, 14:08)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]@shedrock, thanks for your feedback. I will look into having the large preview window with controls and progress.
Thanks Bart.
@bsoriano - Hi Bart,

Here is an issue I found with this new feature. Lets say I am in the window preview mode, if I click my remote up arrow I should be able to see all the widgets. This allows me to select another widget from the widget menu. For example, lets say I am watching Newsmax and then I click the up arrow on my remote, it should display the widgets so that I can select for example Fox News. I am not sure if you understand what I am trying to say. If not, I will make a small video using Aeon MQ7 to show you. Please let me know.

Regards,

Shedrock
(2020-12-05, 20:28)shedrock Wrote: [ -> ]@bsoriano - Hi Bart,

Here is an issue I found with this new feature. Lets say I am in the window preview mode, if I click my remote up arrow I should be able to see all the widgets. This allows me to select another widget from the widget menu. For example, lets say I am watching Newsmax and then I click the up arrow on my remote, it should display the widgets so that I can select for example Fox News. I am not sure if you understand what I am trying to say. If not, I will make a small video using Aeon MQ7 to show you. Please let me know.

Regards,

Shedrock

@shedrock, I think I understand. You want the widgets to display again and the Now Playing to hide, even if you have not stopped the media from playing. Is this what you mean? Please confirm. Thanks.

Right now the skin is coded to hide the widgets when the Now Playing is visible (if you have enabled that setting). I need to think about how to make them appear again, hiding the Now Playing, and then hiding them again after selecting different media. I don't have the answer right now.

Regards,

Bart
Ahh, that's exactly what I mean. Big Grin

Maybe the code in Aeon MQ7 may help?

Shedrock