Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2020-06-07, 00:34)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]EDIT: @shedrock , the changes are already on GitHub, Leia branch.  Now the artwork is correct, as you can see here:

Pease download, test, and let me know that it is indeed fixed for you.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Hey Bart,

I tested it, and it's working great! Thank you so much for this.

Regards,

Shedrock
(2020-06-06, 23:58)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-06-06, 23:35)ontap Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-06-06, 22:56)shedrock Wrote: [ -> ]@bsoriano - Hi Bart,

One little issue I found when using 3 shelves. If you look at the top shelf in the image, you will see the overlay over the tiny poster overlapping. I also believe there is sufficient landscape there to make the 3rd poster the same size as the others. As a suggestion, you can probably shrink the TV Show labels a bit...maybe?

Regards,

Shedrock

Sorry if I have missed it , but could there be an option to hide/remove the labels ?  Virtually all posters have the name of the movie/show in the artwork? would make more room to match the size of the top row posters with the second and third maybe?  Loving the changes Bart , excellent stuff.  
@ontap , the label only shows for certain types of shelves, like custom or favourites, or particular type of content, like favourites or genres, studios, etc.  If you look at the screenshot below, I have three shelves together where they are all standard shelves for tv shows and episodes, and they only show the posters, appropriately sized:

Whereas in the next screenshot, you can see three shelves together and the top shelf (shelf 3) has special content (in this case movie countries) that shows the labels.

I am glad you are liking the changes Smile

Regards,

Bart 
Thanks for the explanation and all your hard work , looking good.
(2020-06-06, 18:37)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]2. Fixes for fanart view.  I have increased the height of the Gallery so that 4 lines of plot can be seen instead of just 2.  This is consistent with the info shown if you have the "Show Info" enabled for this view.  I am now also displaying the movies that are in a collection if the collection does not have a plot, just like in all of the other views.

Updated fanart view gallery looks like this now:

I just tested and it's just what I wanted.

Thank you @bsoriano.
Just my opinion Bart , the extra rows definitely enhance the skin , however, whilst the 3x shelves look perfect with the horizontal main menu , They just don't fit in with my preferred look, the vertical menu . The gaps above and below the shelves are wasted space especially if like me , you disable background fanart and remove the shelf back panels. The vertical view would look better with either 3 taller poster shelves to fill the screen or , at the size you currently have the posters , , 4 x shelves ? just my opinion , but as I posted when the option was restricted to two shelves , in vertical mode , the shelves need to utilise the screen top to bottom to look correct. Not a criticism , just an observation.
(2020-06-07, 11:17)ontap Wrote: [ -> ]Just my opinion Bart , the extra rows definitely enhance the skin , however, whilst the 3x shelves look perfect with the horizontal main menu , They just don't fit in with my preferred look, the vertical menu . The gaps above and below the shelves are wasted space especially if like me , you disable background fanart and remove the shelf back panels. The vertical view would look better with either 3 taller poster shelves to fill the screen or , at the size you currently have the posters , , 4 x shelves ? just my opinion , but as I posted when the option was restricted to two shelves , in vertical mode , the shelves need to utilise the screen top to bottom to look correct. Not a criticism , just an observation.

@ontap, I understand, and I agree that there is space that could be used in vertical mode. The issue was with coding the widgets. I had a lot of problems trying to manage a different size for vertical than horizontal. I will revisit this at a later time.

Just out of curiosity, you would not mind having the widget title and the widget item info just being at the top for all three shelves if the posters were larger?

Regards,

Bart
@ontap , would you be willing to test the latest from Git, Leia branch? I have added a new option when configuring shelves to show three shelves together with larger icons for the vertical menu.  The setting only shows up if you have selected three shelves together, the menu is vertical and the statistics line is not being shown or shown on the shelves.  It looks like this:

And the resulting shelves will look like this:

When you are not focused on any of the shelves, the labels above show what the three shelves are: going from left to right, the first label is for the top shelf, the second label is for the middle shelf, and the third label is for the bottom shelf.  I figured the user needed a way to remind himself/herself what were the shelves configured.

Please download, test, and let me know what you think.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2020-06-07, 14:37)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-06-07, 11:17)ontap Wrote: [ -> ]Just my opinion Bart , the extra rows definitely enhance the skin , however, whilst the 3x shelves look perfect with the horizontal main menu , They just don't fit in with my preferred look, the vertical menu . The gaps above and below the shelves are wasted space especially if like me , you disable background fanart and remove the shelf back panels. The vertical view would look better with either 3 taller poster shelves to fill the screen or , at the size you currently have the posters , , 4 x shelves ? just my opinion , but as I posted when the option was restricted to two shelves , in vertical mode , the shelves need to utilise the screen top to bottom to look correct. Not a criticism , just an observation.

@ontap, I understand, and I agree that there is space that could be used in vertical mode. The issue was with coding the widgets. I had a lot of problems trying to manage a different size for vertical than horizontal. I will revisit this at a later time.

Just out of curiosity, you would not mind having the widget title and the widget item info just being at the top for all three shelves if the posters were larger?

Regards,

Bart 

yes good idea.
(2020-06-07, 20:05)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]@ontap , would you be willing to test the latest from Git, Leia branch? I have added a new option when configuring shelves to show three shelves together with larger icons for the vertical menu.  The setting only shows up if you have selected three shelves together, the menu is vertical and the statistics line is not being shown or shown on the shelves.  It looks like this:

When you are not focused on any of the shelves, the labels above show what the three shelves are: going from left to right, the first label is for the top shelf, the second label is for the middle shelf, and the third label is for the bottom shelf.  I figured the user needed a way to remind himself/herself what were the shelves configured.

Regards,

Bart

Just booted up a fresh Amber ( when I download the skin from github , the skin not the repo, to get it into kodi I have to unzip it , change the gui number from 15 back to 14 and then install old version 323 from kodi repo then add the new folder and update ) anyway kodi now showing the skin as 3.3.88. Have selected 3xshelves together and set em up , but despite rebooting etc , theres no option to enable 3 shelves together with larger posters.
(2020-06-07, 20:50)ontap Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-06-07, 20:05)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]@ontap , would you be willing to test the latest from Git, Leia branch? I have added a new option when configuring shelves to show three shelves together with larger icons for the vertical menu.  The setting only shows up if you have selected three shelves together, the menu is vertical and the statistics line is not being shown or shown on the shelves.  It looks like this:

Regards,

Bart

Just booted up a fresh Amber ( when I download the skin from github , the skin not the repo, to get it into kodi I have to unzip it , change the gui number from 15 back to 14 and then install old version 323 from kodi repo then add the new folder and update ) anyway kodi now showing the skin as 3.3.88. Have selected 3xshelves together and set em up , but despite rebooting etc , theres no option to enable 3 shelves together with larger posters.
@ontap, you need to download the Leia branch, not Master. Master is Matrix only.

Regards,

Bart
(2020-06-07, 20:54)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-06-07, 20:50)ontap Wrote: [ -> ]

Regards,

Bart

@ontap, you need to download the Leia branch, not Master. Master is Matrix only.

Regards,

Bart  
Finally found  "repo.amber/skin.amber/skin.amber-3.2.88.zip"  , searched all over github trying to find a leia branch, downloaded this one set widgets up , still no "3 together larger icon option " ?
OK Found it.
Apologies for my ineptitude, all done now, yes that looks great , gonna set the whole skin up and will report back, cheers.
(2020-06-07, 21:26)ontap Wrote: [ -> ]Apologies for my ineptitude, all done now, yes that looks great , gonna set the whole skin up and will report back, cheers.

@ontap, thanks for confirming. I will wait for your feedback/suggestions for changes before committing to the Amber repos. Thanks a lot for testing.

Regards,

Bart
(2020-06-01, 22:47)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-06-01, 21:57)Cyberdom Wrote: [ -> ]@bsoriano, I just noticed one thing using the Tvheadend PVR.

During the recording of a TV program, a red circle is displayed on the logo of the TV channel in the shelves.
Until then it's normal.

By displaying the marks at the bottom right of the TV channel's logo, the red circle is the right size.

On the other hand, by displaying the marks at the top right of the logo of the TV channel, the red circle is larger.

Would it be possible to have the smaller red circle, the same size as when it is at the bottom right ?

Thanks in advance.
@Cyberdom , thanks for reporting this.  Since I do not have a true top right image for when a channel is recording, and since channel logos can vary in size, I will leave the recording image in the same position even when you have enabled to show marks in top right.  I will include this change in the next update.

Regards,

Bart    
@bsoriano, it's good, the red circle is the right size again.
In the shelf of TV recordings, it is displayed at the bottom right of a recording in progress.

On the other hand, since the update 3.2.88, I noticed a problem on the shelf of the recordings of TV programs. The "Unwatched", "In progress" and "Watched" marks no longer appear.
Is this normal ?
(2020-06-09, 11:31)Cyberdom Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-06-01, 22:47)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-06-01, 21:57)Cyberdom Wrote: [ -> ]@bsoriano, I just noticed one thing using the Tvheadend PVR.

During the recording of a TV program, a red circle is displayed on the logo of the TV channel in the shelves.
Until then it's normal.

By displaying the marks at the bottom right of the TV channel's logo, the red circle is the right size.

On the other hand, by displaying the marks at the top right of the logo of the TV channel, the red circle is larger.

Would it be possible to have the smaller red circle, the same size as when it is at the bottom right ?

Thanks in advance.
@Cyberdom , thanks for reporting this.  Since I do not have a true top right image for when a channel is recording, and since channel logos can vary in size, I will leave the recording image in the same position even when you have enabled to show marks in top right.  I will include this change in the next update.

Regards,

Bart    
@bsoriano, it's good, the red circle is the right size again.
In the shelf of TV recordings, it is displayed at the bottom right of a recording in progress.

On the other hand, since the update 3.2.88, I noticed a problem on the shelf of the recordings of TV programs. The "Unwatched", "In progress" and "Watched" marks no longer appear.
Is this normal ?
@Cyberdom , my apologies for the late reply.  I will fix that.  For Recordings, the marks will appear on the bottom right, just like with the red recording circle, even if the setting to show top marks on the right is active.  I think it looks better this way, since a lot of times tv channel icons have transparent backgrounds, which make the top right marks look bad.  I will include this in the next update to the skin.

Regards,

Bart
@bsoriano - Hi Bart,

I hope all is well with you. I just noticed my YouTube widgets are no longer square, but are now poster size. Is there a way to get it back to the square images, like the music widget? It would be great if it was poster size for the music vids like I suggested, but it looks odd with the YT channel widgets.

Thanks,

Shedrock