Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey Bart..
Ok so I tested the new views. The channels page looks great! The search page is kinda empty, so the views don't really matter much but still nice to have it in low list view, so it doesn't block the whole page..

But Bart, I noticed the same issue now in the Guide page, the views show the whole list of view options, but selecting any of them just makes it jump back to list, and the view wouldn't change.
Now I'm not gonna lie, it would be kinda cool having the guide as well in a low list view, like a mini guide I saw on other skins before (I think Silva). But that's not why I'm saying this. I'm just saying that at least remove the view options so it doesn't show for no reason? (Or .... Make my day. Hint hint lol)
Thanks again Bart
(2022-01-06, 22:45)shedrock Wrote: [ -> ]I am not sure if you forgot, but I did. Remember when I mentioned a few week back regarding the the TV  episodes being just black when you press "I"nfo on them? You said you were going to look into it. Maybe you can just have rotating fanart, or for that matter the poster blur? I just though I would remind you, because I saw it in my notes. It's not a rush, so no stress.

@shedrock, thank you for reminding me.  I understand this only happened when you had "Blur Background" enabled in the Video Info section of Amber settings, correct? 

If that was the case, I just fixed this on GitHub, so that if a video item does not have a poster, then Amber will look for a season poster or a tv show poster for blurring.  If none are found, or you do not have "Use Poster for Blur" enabled, then Amber will use the item's fanart.

If you do not have "Blur Background" enabled, then Amber should be showing the tv show fanart as the background for video info for episodes. 

The changes are already on GitHub, for both Matrix and Leia.  Please test and let me know.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2022-01-07, 08:08)Joeyrub Wrote: [ -> ]But Bart, I noticed the same issue now in the Guide page, the views show the whole list of view options, but selecting any of them just makes it jump back to list, and the view wouldn't change.
Now I'm not gonna lie, it would be kinda cool having the guide as well in a low list view, like a mini guide I saw on other skins before (I think Silva). But that's not why I'm saying this. I'm just saying that at least remove the view options so it doesn't show for no reason? (Or .... Make my day. Hint hint lol)
Thanks again Bart

@Joeyrub, thanks for pointing this out.  I am not planning on making view type changes to the guide at this time, so I have removed showing all of the different viewtype options from this window.  The changes are already on GitHub.

Regards,

Bart
(2022-01-07, 03:11)fsurfer Wrote: [ -> ]is it possible to show additional pieces of information on the Ultra Compact player?

The season and episode number, of the episode being watched when you press 'I'

When you link a film to a tv-series - the description, at moment only has a scrolling title and an empty box.

@fsurfer, I am not sure that this is needed, since you can either enable "Info button opens video info dialog" in Amber settings, which will open the video info dialog when you click on the i button in the ultra compact OSD, or you can, without having the OSD showing, just press i, and Amber will show the episode information.  Could you please let me know what is the exact use case/need here? Thanks.

As for linking movies to tv shows, I have never done that, so did not think of that use case.  I will take a look to see if I can add some information from the movie in the episodes list window.

Regards,

Bart
Hi Bart,

I could not find the setting you mention, though I notice the info appears just there is a 7 second delay when I pause video, press or click 'I'

Now I know, this is great - odd on another work-station using a cloned installation it doesn't work - so how it works is a mystery

(2022-01-07, 23:32)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]If that was the case, I just fixed this on GitHub, so that if a video item does not have a poster, then Amber will look for a season poster or a tv show poster for blurring.  If none are found, or you do not have "Use Poster for Blur" enabled, then Amber will use the item's fanart.
I will go check now and then update this post. I am not sure this is what I was referring to Bart.

Thanks Bart, that's exactly what I was referring to. That looks so much better now.

I have one more little question & I didn't want to create a new post. Anyway, I just installed Amber (Matrix) on my Windows PC, but for the life of me I cannot get the Weather Widgets to display the images, and yes, I have the weather icons installed. It is just displaying the following:

What could I be doing wrong?

Thanks,

Shedrock
@shedrock, you need to downgrade skinshortcuts to version 1.1.5.

Regards,

Bart
(2022-01-08, 02:33)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]@shedrock, you need to downgrade skinshortcuts to version 1.1.5.
Oh yeah, I forgot about that. Well, that was embarrassing. Big Grin

Thanks again Bart,

Shedrock
Hi Bart

I noticed two issues, hopefully I'm able to describe these well enough

1. When "hide menu when shelves are focused" and "center shelf items on screen" settings are enabled, last shelf item gets outscaled when it's focused

2. When using search function on home screen, without Global Search, these three strings are not showing correctly possibly with all other languages than english. Tested on finnish and estonian language with same results. For this example I'm using word "bean" gives results

English results
Movies with plot containing "bean"
Tv-shows with plot containing "bean"
Episodes with plot containing "bean"

Finnish results
Elokuvatbean joiden juoni sisältää "[capitalize]
TV-ohjelmatbean joiden juoni sisältää "[capitalize]
Jaksotbean joiden juoni sisältää "[capitalize]
(2022-01-08, 00:28)fsurfer Wrote: [ -> ]I could not find the setting you mention, though I notice the info appears just there is a 7 second delay when I pause video, press or click 'I'

@fsurfer , the setting "Info Button Opens Video Info Dialog" appears in the "Full Screen/OSD" section of the Ambr settings, if you have the addon service.library.data.provider, which is needed for that functionality.  

As for the delay, I do not understand what might be going on in your system, since when I play a video, when I press "I", the info shows up immediately.

I have added some movie info to the episodes list window if you have a movie linked to a tv show.  It looks like this:

What do you think? Is this what you were looking for? Would you like othe info for the movie? Please let me know.  Thanks.

The changes are already on GitHub (Matrix and Leia).

Regards,

Bart
(2022-01-08, 15:16)G0mez Wrote: [ -> ]1. When "hide menu when shelves are focused" and "center shelf items on screen" settings are enabled, last shelf item gets outscaled when it's focused

2. When using search function on home screen, without Global Search, these three strings are not showing correctly possibly with all other languages than english. Tested on finnish and estonian language with same results. For this example I'm using word "bean" gives results

English results
Movies with plot containing "bean"
Tv-shows with plot containing "bean"
Episodes with plot containing "bean"

Finnish results
Elokuvatbean joiden juoni sisältää "[capitalize]
TV-ohjelmatbean joiden juoni sisältää "[capitalize]
Jaksotbean joiden juoni sisältää "[capitalize]

@G0mez , thank you for you feedback.

For issue 1, please post a screenshot, as I cannot replicate this issue.  Thanks.

For issue #2, there must be something strange going on in label parsing in Kodi for some languages, as those strings are fine in Spanish also, but, as you mention, they are not in OK in Finnish.  I changed the labels a bit, and that seems to have fixed the issue:

Regards,

Bart
(2022-01-09, 00:06)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]For issue 1, please post a screenshot, as I cannot replicate this issue.  Thanks.

Alright here's a link to picture;
picture

As we can see that last video on shelf that is focused, poster isn"t fully showing on screen
(2022-01-08, 23:35)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2022-01-08, 00:28)fsurfer Wrote: [ -> ]@fsurfer , the setting "Info Button Opens Video Info Dialog" appears in the "Full Screen/OSD" section of the Ambr settings, if you have the addon service.library.data.provider, which is needed for that functionality.  

As for the delay, I do not understand what might be going on in your system, since when I play a video, when I press "I", the info shows up immediately.

I have added some movie info to the episodes list window if you have a movie linked to a tv show.  It looks like this:

What do you think? Is this what you were looking for? Would you like othe info for the movie? Please let me know.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

Hi Bart,

thanks for taking the time to check and add the additional coding.

I noticed 7 Seconds is also the time set for home window background rotation delay in Backgrounds - perhaps the two are connected?

The add-on service.library.data.provider, wasn't selected by default so an easy fix and this now works - thank you.

The additional looks great, however if you move the mouse to the right - off the box () End appears

Hi Bart,

I wonder what you think about this?

In the movie information page, where the information is shown such as date first aired and director etc, I wonder if you could add in two new information lines:

Date added
Date last viewed/watched

Many thanks in advance for all your continuing hard work.

Kind regards,
Robert.
(2022-01-09, 14:03)robertlaing Wrote: [ -> ]Date added
Date last viewed/watched

@robertlaing , I think those are good ideas, I just added them on GitHub.  They look like this:

Please test and let me know if this is what you were looking for.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart