Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2019-10-24, 16:44)Marzullad Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-10-23, 22:07)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]@Marzullad , I understand.  Could you please test the latest from Git? I made pause default again, and for those that cannot be paused, the focus will be on stop.  Please let me know.  Once you confirm it is working properly, I will push to the Amber repo.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart 
That is great to hear! I use Amber from the repo. Is it possible to just download the zip from GitHub to test that one out and then switch back to the Amber repo again when it gets updated? 
@Marzullad , yes, you can do that without any issues.

Regards,

Bart
(2019-10-24, 02:56)Pepe999 Wrote: [ -> ]First I would like to thank you for all your hard work you put in this skin.

I just started using the skin and really like how it shows the tv channel on the upper left while on the epg/timeline screen. 

I do have a few questions, on the Estuary skin it would show the thumbnails while on the epg/timeline screen.  When selecting the channel in the Amber skin is it possible to show the tv show's thumbnail instead of the channel logo?

Also, sometime in the epg screen the half hour shows are really tight.  Is it possible to widen the timeline so it's easier to read some of the shows in the epg screen?

Finally, I have a list of favorite channels.  Is there a way to select different groups of channels?

Thanks
@Pepe999 , thanks for your feedback.  I will take a look at each one of your questions and let you know what I could do to address each.

Regards,

Bart
@bsoriano the power menu is not showing anymore, they just blink (pressing "s" key or enter in power menu), after last commits.
(2019-10-23, 22:10)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]You can add, remove, reorder, etc. as you wish the options which will appear in the Power Menu (I understood you to mean this when you mention "Quitmenu", what you get when you press S, correct?).

Correct, I was confused... I think the right command is "ActivateWindow(ShutdownMenu)" in my keyboard.xml.
I checked out the latest commit from the "Leia" branch, it all seems to work nicely!
Thanks!
(2019-10-24, 17:43)edjalmo Wrote: [ -> ]@bsoriano the power menu is not showing anymore, they just blink (pressing "s" key or enter in power menu), after last commits.
@edjalmo, please ensure you have the latest commit from Git.  I saw an issue that I fixed last night (for me, Eastern Standard Time).  If you are still facing the issue, please quit Kodi, delete the script-skinshortcuts-includes.xml from the skin's 1080i folder.  It will be re-created when you restart Kodi.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2019-10-24, 17:46)Humdinger Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-10-23, 22:10)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]You can add, remove, reorder, etc. as you wish the options which will appear in the Power Menu (I understood you to mean this when you mention "Quitmenu", what you get when you press S, correct?).

Correct, I was confused... I think the right command is "ActivateWindow(ShutdownMenu)" in my keyboard.xml.
I checked out the latest commit from the "Leia" branch, it all seems to work nicely!
Thanks! 
@Humdinger, thanks for confirming!

Regards,

Bart
(2019-10-24, 17:50)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-10-24, 17:43)edjalmo Wrote: [ -> ]@bsoriano the power menu is not showing anymore, they just blink (pressing "s" key or enter in power menu), after last commits.
@edjalmo, please ensure you have the latest commit from Git.  I saw an issue that I fixed last night (for me, Eastern Standard Time).  If you are still facing the issue, please quit Kodi, delete the script-skinshortcuts-includes.xml from the skin's 1080i folder.  It will be re-created when you restart Kodi.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart 
Yeah, I haved the last commit. But worked after deleted script-skinshortcuts-includes.xml.
But I'm missing something in this window... before they showed icons with the text and now not show anymore. Maybe center the text in this case be good? Or back with icons?
(2019-10-24, 18:26)edjalmo Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-10-24, 17:50)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]

Regards,

Bart   
Yeah, I haved the last commit. But worked after deleted script-skinshortcuts-includes.xml.
But I'm missing something in this window... before they showed icons with the text and now not show anymore. Maybe center the text in this case be good? Or back with icons?  
@edjalmo, the icons will not be back.  I think centering the text is a good idea, I will implement that.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

EDIT: @edjalmo, please try the latest from Git and let me know if it looks better now.  Thanks.
(2019-10-23, 22:07)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]@Marzullad , I understand.  Could you please test the latest from Git? I made pause default again, and for those that cannot be paused, the focus will be on stop.  Please let me know.  Once you confirm it is working properly, I will push to the Amber repo.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart 

I tested the latest version from Git. The default button selected is now the last used button, starting with the pause button after a reboot. So at first pause is default, but if you end one video with the stop button and start another video, the default button of that video is the stop button and not the pause button. (I hope you can follow me Tongue )
Do you think this behavior can be changed to always make the pause button default?
(2019-10-24, 22:33)Marzullad Wrote: [ -> ]

Regards,

Bart 

I tested the latest version from Git. The default button selected is now the last used button, starting with the pause button after a reboot. So at first pause is default, but if you end one video with the stop button and start another video, the default button of that video is the stop button and not the pause button. (I hope you can follow me Tongue )
Do you think this behavior can be changed to always make the pause button default?  
@Marzullad, thanks for the additional feedback.  Yes, I follow what you are saying and I will change the behavior.

Regards,

Bart

EDIT: @Marzullad, please try the latest from Git and let me know.  Thanks.
(2019-10-24, 19:00)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]@edjalmo, the icons will not be back.  I think centering the text is a good idea, I will implement that.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

EDIT: @edjalmo, please try the latest from Git and let me know if it looks better now.  Thanks.
Looks better! Thanks!
In additional feedback a suggest put something diferent in "Power menu" because it look exaclty as the options inside. You can put it in bold, center in left and show a icon (like this) in right (like in Estuary). I too suggest center the window in screen (they are more in bottom place).

Do you remember I said that The Movie Db Helper was not loading online lists if "show only local info" was enabled and you fix that?! So, this are fixed if I acess by add-on, but if I acess by shelves the issue persist.
(2019-10-25, 03:07)edjalmo Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-10-24, 19:00)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]@edjalmo, the icons will not be back.  I think centering the text is a good idea, I will implement that.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

Looks better! Thanks!
In additional feedback a suggest put something diferent in "Power menu" because it look exaclty as the options inside. You can put it in bold, center in left and show a icon (like this) in right (like in Estuary). I too suggest center the window in screen (they are more in bottom place).

Do you remember I said that The Movie Db Helper was not loading online lists if "show only local info" was enabled and you fix that?! So, this are fixed if I acess by add-on, but if I acess by shelves the issue persist. 
@edjalmo, thanks for the additional feedback.  I will look into the improvements to the power menu dialog tomorrow.

For now, please try the latest from Git, the tmdb helper issue with shelves should be fixed.  Please confirm.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2019-10-24, 22:54)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]EDIT: @Marzullad, please try the latest from Git and let me know.  Thanks.

It now works great. Thanks!
(2019-10-25, 03:47)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]@edjalmo, thanks for the additional feedback.  I will look into the improvements to the power menu dialog tomorrow.

For now, please try the latest from Git, the tmdb helper issue with shelves should be fixed.  Please confirm.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

Confirmed, fixed in shelves too!
About align the window in center: they are already in center, it's because they have more itens there by default now and for this seems that in more in button, but if we remove some it are in center. But you can put it on little more in top, I think the position of Estuary (with 6 itens) is perfect.

I'm having issues with load the cast in tv show video info page. Look:

With movies are fine.
(2019-10-25, 16:09)edjalmo Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-10-25, 03:47)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]@edjalmo, thanks for the additional feedback.  I will look into the improvements to the power menu dialog tomorrow.

Regards,

Bart

Confirmed, fixed in shelves too!
About align the window in center: they are already in center, it's because they have more itens there by default now and for this seems that in more in button, but if we remove some it are in center. But you can put it on little more in top, I think the position of Estuary (with 6 itens) is perfect.

I'm having issues with load the cast in tv show video info page. Look:

With movies are fine. 
@edjalmo , please test the latest from Git, I think the power menu dialog looks fine now.  Thanks for confirming the online info issue is fixed.

I don't know what is happening in your setup with regards to tv show cast.  In my test machines (all Windows 10), the cast shows up fine for all tv shows, whether the "show only local info" option is enabled or not.

Regards,

Bart