Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2021-08-17, 21:52)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]In Matrix, AB does not work, and you do not need the advancedsettings.xml.  You should set your Artwork Level to Maximum for video so that Kodi will pickup all the local artwork you have.  Like so:
Thanks Bart,

I did not know that about the advancedsettings.xml file. Thanks for letting me know. My problem is that when I am in Movies (Icons), or Poster view as I call it, the fanart is not rotating every 7 seconds as it does with my Amber (Leia). Neither does it work for TV Shows. The fanart is labelled correctly, and Artwork Level is set to Maximum. I also just tried it on my Windows 10 PC and no luck there either. I also don't understand what you mean by the following:
(2021-08-17, 21:52)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]you need to make sure that you have your extra fanart loaded into your db
If I scan my Movies, wouldn't all the that be added to the DB? It is a brand new setup. I am obviously missing something. Confused

Shedrock
(2021-08-17, 23:53)shedrock Wrote: [ -> ]If I scan my Movies, wouldn't all the that be added to the DB? It is a brand new setup. I am obviously missing something. Confused

@shedrock , my advice is to check one of the movies that you know that you have multiple fanarts for, to see if the art is really loaded into your db.  Go to the video info dialog for the movie, click on Extras, and then Choose Art.  In the resulting select dialog, check that you actually have artwork for fanart1, fanart2, etc.  if you do not, then you would have to check your scraper settings.  

In my case, all of my artwork is local (actual files in the same folder as the movie file), and I do not use an online scraper (Universal Movie Scraper, TMDB, etc.), I only use the local scraper.  I have NFOs for all of my media that are created using tinymediamanager.  With the artwork set to Maximum, Kodi picks up all of my local artwork when I do a scan and loads it into the db.

Regards,

Bart
(2021-08-18, 00:02)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]@shedrock , my advice is to check one of the movies that you know that you have multiple fanarts for, to see if the art is really loaded into your db. 
I just checked a movie I know has extrafanart, but when I open extras I do not see the extrafanart images there, unless I browse to it via *item folder. Question, Is my extrafanart supposed to be in the root, and not in the "extrafanart" folder? Maybe AB picked it up because I had the switch set to read it in the "extrafanart" folder. If that's the case, then I am screwed. Then again, wouldn't Kodi Matrix download new extrafanart in the root of each movie on a new install and scan?

UPDATE: I've tested this with Aeon Nox Silvo skin as well, just to see if it was a skin issue, but no luck so far. So here's what I've done so far.

Reinstalled Kodi on Windows & LibreELEC. Scraped movies using UMS 1st time & set all the artwork to download in the settings. 2nd time install, I used the TMDB as my scraper and I cannot get the extrafanart to show. I've tried the extrafanart in the Movie root folder, as well as in the "extrafanart" folder and it still will not rotate the fanart.
(2021-08-18, 00:45)shedrock Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-08-18, 00:02)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]@shedrock , my advice is to check one of the movies that you know that you have multiple fanarts for, to see if the art is really loaded into your db. 
I just checked a movie I know has extrafanart, but when I open extras I do not see the extrafanart images there, unless I browse to it via *item folder. Question, Is my extrafanart supposed to be in the root, and not in the "extrafanart" folder? Maybe AB picked it up because I had the switch set to read it in the "extrafanart" folder. If that's the case, then I am screwed. Then again, wouldn't Kodi Matrix download new extrafanart in the root of each movie on a new install and scan?

UPDATE: I've tested this with Aeon Nox Silvo skin as well, just to see if it was a skin issue, but no luck so far. So here's what I've done so far.

Reinstalled Kodi on Windows & LibreELEC. Scraped movies using UMS 1st time & set all the artwork to download in the settings. 2nd time install, I used the TMDB as my scraper and I cannot get the extrafanart to show. I've tried the extrafanart in the Movie root folder, as well as in the "extrafanart" folder and it still will not rotate the fanart.

I'm pretty sure Kodi no longer recognizes the extrafanart folder. I just put them in the movie filter naming them fanart1, fanart2 etc. That works fine.
(2021-08-18, 14:28)warchild13 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm pretty sure Kodi no longer recognizes the extrafanart folder. I just put them in the movie filter naming them fanart1, fanart2 etc. That works fine.
I've tried that as well, and it does not work for me either, as per the post above.
Regards,

Shedrock
@shedrock   Just a stab in the dark...do you have the "show extrafanart if available" block ticked?
(2021-08-18, 16:50)bobrap Wrote: [ -> ]@shedrock   Just a stab in the dark...do you have the "show extrafanart if available" block ticked?
Yes, I do. I also just noticed that in my LibreELEC setup I can in fact see the list of Fanarts I have for a specific movie. The movie is Cold in July and I have the extrafanart in the root, as well as in the extrafanart folder, but when I go to Extras > Choose Art, this is what is shows. Something has to be wrong with either Amber, or LibreELEC. I have been doing this for so long and it is quite basic stuff to set up. This is why I asked @bsoriano yesterday if I was doing something wrong. I also just setup another Kodi Leia on LE and no problem with extrafanart.

Here is the pic of the results I get when trying to choose art.

UPDATE: So what I've discovered is this: I have to go to my movie and do the following for extrafanart to show. Info > Extras > Choose Art > then select one of the "blank" fanart images, Fanart1, Fanart2, etc.. Already there's a problem because I have 9 extrafanarts in the root, and in the movie folder, but it is only seeing the 4 blanks ones as I showed in the pic above. I then have to click on each one Fanart1 > Browse > *Item Folder, then select Fanart1. This then adds it to the DB and those fanarts will rotate. Something is not right with that though.

Regards,

Shedrock
(2021-08-18, 17:01)shedrock Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-08-18, 16:50)bobrap Wrote: [ -> ]@shedrock   Just a stab in the dark...do you have the "show extrafanart if available" block ticked?
Yes, I do. I also just noticed that in my LibreELEC setup I can in fact see the list of Fanarts I have for a specific movie. The movie is Cold in July and I have the extrafanart in the root, as well as in n extrafanart folder, but when I go to Extras > Choose Art, this is what is shows. Something has to be wrong with either Amber, or LibreELEC. I have been doing this for so long and it is quite basic stuff to set up. This is why I asked @bsoriano yesterday if I was doing something wrong. I also just setup another Kodi Leia on LE and no problem with extrafanart.

Here is the pic of the results I get when trying to choose art.

Regards,

Shedrock
Like I said, stab in the dark.  Everything is working fine for me on win 10.  Sorry I couldn't help.
@shedrock

You are using the short name format for artwork. This means you need to have setting 5d enabled on all your movie sources before you scan/scrape the library
Have you done that? See section 3... https://kodi.wiki/view/Movie_artwork

(2021-08-19, 04:05)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]You are using the short name format for artwork. This means you need to have setting 5d enabled on all your movie sources before you scan/scrape the library
I did not do that. However, I just tried it by adding a new folder and it still doesn't work for me.

Shedrock
I switched over to Amber and made the adjustments as shown in post#3334 by bsoriano

Posters are rotating, fanart is not rotating for me. I switched over to Aeon Nox Silvo and both posters and fanart are rotating.
I tried Aeon Tajo also and fanart background rotates per movie.
So then the problem is with Amber because my fanart does not rotate. I also never knew that posters could rotate. Anyway, neither works for me in Amber or in Aeon Nox. I shall try an 8th install on Win and LE tomorrow. Oh man, I miss Helix.

Thanks @Karellen for your help. I'll keep you posted.

Regards,

Shedrock
@Karellen - Good morning,

I reinstalled Kodi on LE and Win 10. As usual, you were right. There is a problem with @bsoriano Amber skin, and it does work as you said with Aeon Nox SiLVO.

Also, I just wanted to ask you. If I have a bunch of movies that currently exist with the extrafanart folder with random fanart naming, eg. 7jkhsizAjyEsQ2fynDINDrdHo3p.jpg etc., how can I download fanart1, fanart2 etc to the movie root folder? I tried Artwork Dump, but it does not download it, even when I re-scrape in the way you showed me, it still doesn't do it.

Thanks again for all your help,

Shedrock
(2021-08-19, 16:04)shedrock Wrote: [ -> ]@Karellen - Good morning,

I reinstalled Kodi on LE and Win 10. As usual, you were right. There is a problem with @bsoriano Amber skin, and it does work as you said with Aeon Nox SiLVO.

Also, I just wanted to ask you. If I have a bunch of movies that currently exist with the extrafanart folder with random fanart naming, eg. 7jkhsizAjyEsQ2fynDINDrdHo3p.jpg etc., how can I download fanart1, fanart2 etc to the movie root folder? I tried Artwork Dump, but it does not download it, even when I re-scrape in the way you showed me, it still doesn't do it.

Thanks again for all your help,

Shedrock
@shedrock , @Karellen , you both mention that there is a problem with Amber, but I do not have the issue.  I just did a portable installation of Kodi 19.1 under Windows, installed Amber from the Kodi repo, and added one of my video sources.  I can see fanart rotating without any issues for the movies that have multiple fanarts (fanartxx placed in the movie folder).  As I had mentioned before, I have NFOs for all of my movies, so I only use the local scraper.  

These are the settings I have (the default) for Artwork in the Media Settings, Video:

These are the settings for the source I added:

These are the settings I have in the Backgrounds section of the Amber settings:

This is a movie that has multiple fanarts:

And these are screenshots of the movie in List view, where in each you can see that there is a different fanart showing:

So again, I am not sure what the issue is, and I would certainly like to know.  Amber does not care about the extension of the files, it just looks for ListItem.Art(fanart1) through ListItem.Art(fanart20), so, if you have fanart1 art type, etc., and the background settings enabled, then multiple fanart should show in any view.

I also tested by using TMDB Python as the scraper, and got the same results.

Regards,

Bart
(2021-08-19, 16:39)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]you both mention that there is a problem with Amber, but I do not have the issue.
Hi Bart,

I am not sure @Karellen was saying it was your skin. Sorry if I may have confused you into thinking so. I will try Amber again on LE. I just tried it on Windows, but same thing. It is probably an issue on my end. (it usually is), but I will do a fresh install and test it again.

Regards,

Shedrock