Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2022-02-03, 19:13)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]@shedrock , thanks for pointing this out.  The option is there, if you notice the label is blank.  I guess there is some issue with skinshortcuts that the new VARs which have the labels are not being shown correctly. 
Thanks Bart. I made the manual change, and it works. Is this something that will be eventually resolved, or do I just have to keep a skin backup copy?

And yes, I always wondered about the label showing "Stop Scanning" when the music library wasn't being updated.

Cheers,

Shedrock
(2022-02-03, 22:05)shedrock Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks Bart. I made the manual change, and it works. Is this something that will be eventually resolved, or do I just have to keep a skin backup copy?

@shedrock , your manual change should not be overwritten with any skin update.  I do not know if this will be resolved (not sure what the problem is exactly).  The other method for resolving is eliminating your current customizations for menu/submenu/widgets.  If you do that, then the labels also show up correctly.

Regards,

Bart
(2022-02-03, 22:17)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]The other method for resolving is eliminating your current customizations for menu/submenu/widgets.
I'll stick with it this way. I have every sub-menu setup perfectly as it is right now. I would hate to go reset all of them.

One other question. I never noticed in my Context Menu before an option that says "Play One Random" Is there a way to take this off?

UPDATE: I just noticed it is located in the Play Random Videos addon, but I can only diable it (Per Skin) as it says. Is this an option you can add to Amber to hide that. I honestly never noticed the play one random item before.

Thanks,

Shedrock
(2022-02-03, 22:36)shedrock Wrote: [ -> ]UPDATE: I just noticed it is located in the Play Random Videos addon, but I can only diable it (Per Skin) as it says. Is this an option you can add to Amber to hide that. I honestly never noticed the play one random item before.

@shedrock , there's nothing I need to do from the skin side.  You just click on the addon setting "Disable Play One Random (Per Skin)", and then press OK.  If you go back to the addon settings, you will see that it now says "Enable Paly One Random (Per Skin).  The option should not appear in the context menu anymore until you enable it again in the addon settings.

It seems that clicking on the option in the addon settings does not do anything, since the label does not change until you press OK, and go back to the addon settings.

Regards,

Bart
(2022-02-03, 23:13)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]It seems that clicking on the option in the addon settings does not do anything, since the label does not change until you press OK, and go back to the addon settings.
I swear I did it a few times and it did nothing. Hmm...anyway, it seemed to have worked now after I rebooted and tried again.

Thanks a lot Bart. Much appreciated.

Shedrock
Bart,

First of all wanted to thank you for all your hard work....

I must of been a few version back, and love all the new changes.... have a question... on the shelves screen when the shelves are in poster mode is there a way to increase the size of the season/episode banner on the bottom of the posters? They are smaller than the version I was on, is there a way I could do this manually myself?

Thanks!
Hi. New here so please guide me in right direction if I post in wrong section. I am very new at this and a little (aged 73)

My intent is to make a fast logical running kodi. I found the Amber skin for my basic kodi 18.9. and really like the looks of it. I installed it. Trying to set it up. I cannot find a way to put "Movies" on the main menu.
Can anyone help? Thank you in advance.
The movies link is to your library - it will automatically appear once you have scanned at least one movie into your library. The same applies to TV shows.

For details on how to set up your library and scan stuff, see the set-up guide on the wiki - HOW-TO:Create Video Library (wiki).

If you're a little unsure of how things work or need some reference, the wiki is a great resource to help get you going. See some of the other links in my signature below to get you started.
(2022-01-29, 18:38)bobrap Wrote: [ -> ]Okay, that sounds great.  I will definitely give it a go.  Thanks again.

@bobrap , I just updated the Nexus branch on GitHub with all of the changes I have done for Matrix, as well as including the skinning engine changes for Nexus.  Please test and let me know how it goes.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
I'm running Kodi Matrix with Amber on my 4k firetv stick.
This is the only skin i have issues with.
The load time for the home screen shelves to show up is about 15 seconds - which is way too long.
Other skins have homescreen widgets which only take 1 to 2 seconds to show.
Is this a common issue?

EG: TV Shows using local NAS
Two shelves together, shelf 1 is default shelves->tv shows->recently added tv shows, shelf 2 is default shelves->episodes->in progress episodes.
Thank you. I appreciate the help. Not sure I can understand all that is in wiki, but at least it is a good start. I thank you again
(2022-02-07, 00:48)Dragoninja Wrote: [ -> ]I'm running Kodi Matrix with Amber on my 4k firetv stick.
The load time for the home screen shelves to show up is about 15 seconds - which is way too long.
Is this a common issue?

Two shelves together, shelf 1 is default shelves->tv shows->recently added tv shows, shelf 2 is default shelves->episodes->in progress episodes.

@Dragoninja , I am not sure what might be the issue, since in my Windows machine (wired Ethernet, not Wi-Fi), with the same shelf configuration, and quite a large tv shows collection, also located on a NAS, the shelves show up almost instantaneously.

Do you have by any chance "Use Embuary Helper for backgrounds" set to Yes in the Amber settings? If so, set that to No.  I have found that having that set to Yes adds a delay in showing backgrounds and shelves.  

if you do not have that option set to Yes, could you please try another skin which is based on script.skinshortcuts for menu/submenu/widget configuration, like Aeon Nox Silvo, or Arctic Horizon, and set two widgets like you have in Amber? I am interested in knowing if there is a difference in how long the widgets take to appear.

Finally, if the widgets show up fast on any of those skins, then please provide a debug log (https://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file/Easy) so I can take a look at what might be going on in your system.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2022-02-06, 22:45)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2022-01-29, 18:38)bobrap Wrote: [ -> ]Okay, that sounds great.  I will definitely give it a go.  Thanks again.

@bobrap , I just updated the Nexus branch on GitHub with all of the changes I have done for Matrix, as well as including the skinning engine changes for Nexus.  Please test and let me know how it goes.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
@bsoriano  Thanks, appreciate that.  I'll check it out today and get back to you.
(2022-02-07, 15:17)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2022-02-07, 00:48)Dragoninja Wrote: [ -> ]I'm running Kodi Matrix with Amber on my 4k firetv stick.
Is this a common issue?

@Dragoninja , I am not sure what might be the issue, since in my Windows machine (wired Ethernet, not Wi-Fi), with the same shelf configuration, and quite a large tv shows collection, also located on a NAS, the shelves show up almost instantaneously.

Do you have by any chance "Use Embuary Helper for backgrounds" set to Yes in the Amber settings? If so, set that to No.  I have found that having that set to Yes adds a delay in showing backgrounds and shelves.  

if you do not have that option set to Yes, could you please try another skin which is based on script.skinshortcuts for menu/submenu/widget configuration, like Aeon Nox Silvo, or Arctic Horizon, and set two widgets like you have in Amber? I am interested in knowing if there is a difference in how long the widgets take to appear.

Finally, if the widgets show up fast on any of those skins, then please provide a debug log (https://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file/Easy) so I can take a look at what might be going on in your system.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Thanks Bart,

I will give this a go/test when I get home and post my results. I was using both cosmic and arctic zephyr reloaded (which uses skinshortcuts) and was not having this issue with the widgets.
@bsoriano I just checked and that settings is switched off.
I turned on debugging and have save my log here: https://paste.kodi.tv/kepixecuwa.kodi
Also checked with Arctic Zephyr Reloaded and Arctic Horizon and the widgets load up faster.

Thanks