Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2022-01-28, 17:46)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2022-01-28, 14:35)robertlaing Wrote: [ -> ]![window.isactive(mypvrchannels.xml) | window.isactive(mypvrrecordings.xml) |

@robertlaing , this is an excellent catch, thank you! I think I have fixed the syntax error, the changes are already on GitHub.  Could you please give it a try and let me know? Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Hi Bart,

Had a good test of this, and I still get the big delay on entering each category (ie: video, music, add-ons, pictures etc) for the very first time.

I have tried exactly the same on both Estuary and Amber, and this is the only difference I can see in the log files.
Have a look and see what you think.

Estuary:

2022-01-28 16:31:33.227 T:11099    INFO <general>: Loading skin file: Settings.xml, load type: KEEP_IN_MEMORY
2022-01-28 16:31:36.366 T:11099    INFO <general>: Loading skin file: SettingsCategory.xml, load type: KEEP_IN_MEMORY
2022-01-28 16:31:38.787 T:11099    INFO <general>: Loading skin file: SkinSettings.xml, load type: LOAD_EVERY_TIME
2022-01-28 16:31:44.970 T:11099    INFO <general>: Loading skin file: Home.xml, load type: KEEP_IN_MEMORY

Amber:

2022-01-28 16:38:29.530 T:12079    INFO <general>: Loading skin file: Startup.xml, load type: LOAD_EVERY_TIME
2022-01-28 16:38:29.546 T:12079    INFO <general>: Loading skin file: Home.xml, load type: KEEP_IN_MEMORY
2022-01-28 16:38:30.487 T:12079   ERROR <general>: Missing operand
2022-01-28 16:38:30.487 T:12079   ERROR <general>: Error parsing boolean expression !
2022-01-28 16:38:30.557 T:12079 WARNING <general>: Trying to add unsupported control type 1
2022-01-28 16:38:32.882 T:12128    INFO <general>: Skipped 89 duplicate messages..
2022-01-28 16:38:32.882 T:12128    INFO <general>: initializing python engine.
2022-01-28 16:38:32.961 T:12079 WARNING <general>: Skipped 1 duplicate messages..
2022-01-28 16:38:32.961 T:12079 WARNING <general>: JSONRPC: Could not parse type "Setting.Details.SettingList"
2022-01-28 16:38:32.961 T:12079    INFO <general>: JSONRPC: Adding type "Setting.Details.SettingList" to list of incomplete definitions (waiting for "Setting.Details.Setting")
2022-01-28 16:38:32.961 T:12079    INFO <general>: JSONRPC: Resolving incomplete types/methods referencing Setting.Details.Setting
2022-01-28 16:38:33.019 T:12079    INFO <general>: JSONRPC v12.4.0: Successfully initialized

The problem seems to be when Amber tries to load the Home.xml, there is an error.
I am not sure if this is causing the delay I describe, but maybe you could take a look?

Kind regards,
Robert.
(2022-01-28, 19:15)robertlaing Wrote: [ -> ]The problem seems to be when Amber tries to load the Home.xml, there is an error.
I am not sure if this is causing the delay I describe, but maybe you could take a look?

@robertlaing , I will need a debug log from your system that shows when this is happening.  Here are the instructions to get a debug log: https://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file/Easy

Regards,

Bart
(2022-01-28, 01:28)robertlaing Wrote: [ -> ]I changed this as follows:

1. Skin settings.
2. Home layout.
3. Customise Home Menu And Shelves.
4. Movies.
5. Customise Sub Menu.
6. Update Library.
7. Set Label - this is where I changed it. I just clicked on it and a keyboard appears, and I just change the lower case l to an upper case L.

Hope this helps!

@robertlaing , thank you for the steps.  Yes, this will happen, because the default label (Update library, this string comes from Kodi) is a variable in the skin, which changes from Update library to Stop scanning when the library is being scanned.  When you changed the label, it was no longer this variable.

I understand your need for grammatical correctness.  So, what I have done is to create new "Update Library" and "Stop Scanning" strings in the skin, to use for the submenu item.  What you will need to do is go back to the menu configuration dialog, and change the label to "$VAR[ScanningLabel]", without the ".  This will make the label be the variable again.  Don't worry, the label will not be shown as $VAR[ScanningLabel] in your system.

The changes are already on GitHub.  Please test and let me know.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2022-01-28, 19:36)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]@robertlaing , I will need a debug log from your system that shows when this is happening.  Here are the instructions to get a debug log: https://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file/Easy
Hi Bart,

Thanks so much, here's the kodi log:

https://paste.kodi.tv/oqawidiqod.kodi

Kind regards,
Robert
(2022-01-28, 18:56)robertlaing Wrote: [ -> ]I wonder if you could please set up a submenu category for TV Shows called Watched Episodes in exactly the same way?

@robertlaing , I have added the playlist for watched episodes to the skin.  You can add the submenu category, just like you did with the watched movies.  The changes are already on GitHub.  Please test and let me know.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2022-01-28, 21:15)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]@robertlaing , thank you for the steps.  Yes, this will happen, because the default label (Update library, this string comes from Kodi) is a variable in the skin, which changes from Update library to Stop scanning when the library is being scanned.  When you changed the label, it was no longer this variable.

I understand your need for grammatical correctness.  So, what I have done is to create new "Update Library" and "Stop Scanning" strings in the skin, to use for the submenu item.  What you will need to do is go back to the menu configuration dialog, and change the label to "$VAR[ScanningLabel]", without the ".  This will make the label be the variable again.  Don't worry, the label will not be shown as $VAR[ScanningLabel] in your system.

Regards,

Bart
Hi Bart,

Absolutely perfect!! It works a treat!!
Thank you so much, I am very appreciative for this!!

I have also just added the submenu category for watched episodes for tv shows.
This also works great.

As ever, thank you very much for all your hard work.

Kind regards,
Robert.
Hi Bart,

Whilst I was in the keyboard typing in the new label, I noticed that When you highlight the CAPS LOCK and SHIFT keys with the yellow cursor, the writing is not visible, as the highlighted colour for the writing on these keys is yellow, the same as the cursor.

I see that the DONE button (which is in green) turns black when it is highlighted by the yellow cursor.
All the other buttons in white also turn black when highlighted by the yellow cursor.

Maybe that would be good for the CAPS LOCK and SHIFT keys, what do you think?

Kind regards,
Robert.
(2022-01-28, 21:38)robertlaing Wrote: [ -> ]
(2022-01-28, 21:15)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]@robertlaing , thank you for the steps.  Yes, this will happen, because the default label (Update library, this string comes from Kodi) is a variable in the skin, which changes from Update library to Stop scanning when the library is being scanned.  When you changed the label, it was no longer this variable.

Regards,

Bart
Hi Bart,

Absolutely perfect!! It works a treat!!
Thank you so much, I am very appreciative for this!!

I have also just added the submenu category for watched episodes for tv shows.
This also works great.

As ever, thank you very much for all your hard work.

Kind regards,
Robert.
Hi Bart,

Oops, just noticed an issue!

The scanning of the movies and tv shows invokes the UpdateLibrary(video) as you will be aware.

And the scanning of the music uses UpdateLibrary(music).

If I were scanning the movies, then it would say stop scanning under the movie submenu.

And under the music submenu, the update library would be showing even if the video libraries were being scanned.

They are both independent scans and you can have them both running at the same time if you so wish.

However since I put the $VAR[ScanningLabel] change in, if I invoke the video scan, the music submenu says stop scanning, instead of update library.
And if I invoke the music scan on its own, the movie/tv shows show stop scannning instead of update library.

I think you may need a variable for the video update/stop scanning and another variable for the music update/stop scanning.

If I have the music scanning, under the movies it says stop scanning.
However if I hit the stop scanning in movies, it will actually start updating the video library!
The same is true if I update the movies and it will say stop scanning in the music, but by hitting the stop scanning in music it will invoke the updating of the music library.

Thanks once again.

Kind regards,
Robert.
(2022-01-28, 22:07)robertlaing Wrote: [ -> ]I think you may need a variable for the video update/stop scanning and another variable for the music update/stop scanning.

@robertlaing , I think that is a good idea.  More to come on this.

Regards,

Bart

EDIT: @robertlaing , I have added the separate variables.  Unfortunately, the only way I could get the labels to show up correctly was starting from scratch with the menu/submenu/widget configuration.  You can do that by quitting Kodi, and removing the "script-skinshortcuts-includes.xml" file from the skin's 1080i folder, and removing any file that has "amber" in the filename, from the <userdata>\addon_data\script.skinshortcuts folder.

Alternatively, you could try to change the label of the video/movies/tv shows update library submenu item to "$VAR[VideoScanLabelVar]" and the label for the music update library submenu item to "$VAR[MusicScanLabelVar]".  I have not tested this method, but it should work.

Please test and let me know.  Thanks.
Will download n test right now

Edit: ok just downloaded from GitHub. No good. Still one item only in low list view.
I hope you can figure it out Bart
(2022-01-28, 16:42)fsurfer Wrote: [ -> ]@Joeyrub just noticed The Invaders (1967), what are the chances of watching the same thing - also have another The Invaders (1995)

I'm in love with old TV, so MeTv became my favorite TV channel. They play The invaders every Sunday morning. I love it
(2022-01-27, 23:59)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]Hello all,

User @Cyberdom commented that the PVR channels window loads slower now the Amber allows you to change viewtypes in that window, and if I could do something about that.

The window does indeed load significantly slower if you have all viewtypes enabled.  so, I have made optional the ability to change viewtypes in that window.  There is a new setting, which is off by default:

If you want to be able to change viewtypes in that window, you need to set the new setting to Yes.  With the setting set to No, the PVR channels window loads very quickly.

Regards,

Bart
Thanks @bsoriano, I'll wait for the next update from Amber's repository to test this feature.
(2022-01-28, 22:38)Joeyrub Wrote: [ -> ]Edit: ok just downloaded from GitHub. No good. Still one item only in low list view.

@Joeyrub , sorry about the inconvenience.  I missed something with Low List when using the alternate list layout.  I just fixed this on GitHub.  Please test and let me know.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2022-01-28, 22:26)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]EDIT: @robertlaing , I have added the separate variables.  Unfortunately, the only way I could get the labels to show up correctly was starting from scratch with the menu/submenu/widget configuration.  You can do that by quitting Kodi, and removing the "script-skinshortcuts-includes.xml" file from the skin's 1080i folder, and removing any file that has "amber" in the filename, from the <userdata>\addon_data\script.skinshortcuts folder.

Alternatively, you could try to change the label of the video/movies/tv shows update library submenu item to "$VAR[VideoScanLabelVar]" and the label for the music update library submenu item to "$VAR[MusicScanLabelVar]".  I have not tested this method, but it should work.

Please test and let me know.  Thanks.
Hi Bart,

Thanks again!

I did the second method you advised, and have tested it, and it works perfectly.
So thanks for sorting that out!

Kind regards,
Robert.
(2022-01-29, 00:56)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2022-01-28, 22:38)Joeyrub Wrote: [ -> ]Edit: ok just downloaded from GitHub. No good. Still one item only in low list view.

@Joeyrub , sorry about the inconvenience.  I missed something with Low List when using the alternate list layout.  I just fixed this on GitHub.  Please test and let me know.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Okie dokie... Let's try it again.
Will download n test now

Edit: BINGO! perfect! Low list is showing the whole list again! Awesome!