Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
updating to Kodi 20.x broke my automatic OSD closure ☹️

Amber 3.6.3
(2023-08-23, 20:46)Khezu Wrote: [ -> ]updating to Kodi 20.x broke my automatic OSD closure ☹️

Amber 3.6.3
Yep, is reported in a separate tread as well: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=373882

No solution yet, would be good if the skin author or another skilled "skinner" will continue to work on Amber.
(2023-08-23, 20:46)Khezu Wrote: [ -> ]updating to Kodi 20.x broke my automatic OSD closure ☹️

(2023-08-25, 09:50)RyFeR Wrote: [ -> ]No solution yet, would be good if the skin author or another skilled "skinner" will continue to work on Amber.

Skin Settings > Full Screen/OSD > Use Mouse-Friendly Method (its under the Auto Close Video OSD)
Enable it and you'll be prompted to Install/download Script.Skin.Helper.
Accept the Install

Enable the Mouse-Friendly option if it isn't already.
OSD will now auto close.
(2023-08-29, 20:26)ChocOranger Wrote: [ -> ]Skin Settings > Full Screen/OSD > Use Mouse-Friendly Method (its under the Auto Close Video OSD)
Accept the Install

OSD will now auto close.
I searched for the "Use Mouse-Friendly Method" setting (under Full Screen/OSD and other locations) but it's not present. Think it's because I'm running Kodi on Android (NVidia Shield) and this setting is for Windows only?
(2023-08-30, 16:59)RyFeR Wrote: [ -> ]
(2023-08-29, 20:26)ChocOranger Wrote: [ -> ]Skin Settings > Full Screen/OSD > Use Mouse-Friendly Method (its under the Auto Close Video OSD)
Accept the Install

OSD will now auto close.
I searched for the "Use Mouse-Friendly Method" setting (under Full Screen/OSD and other locations) but it's not present. Think it's because I'm running Kodi on Android (NVidia Shield) and this setting is for Windows only?
I use android on the shield as well, however I forgot you need the skin info service - it's been a while since I set it up. 

In the skin settings go to the 'Manage Dependencies' section. 
Enable script.skin.info.service and you'll be prompted to install it.
The options for the mouse-friendly osd auto-close will now be available in the 'Full screen OSD' section.
(2023-08-30, 20:42)ChocOranger Wrote: [ -> ]In the skin settings go to the 'Manage Dependencies' section. 
The options for the mouse-friendly osd auto-close will now be available in the 'Full screen OSD' section.

And that works indeed perfectly... many thanks for pointing this out, my OSD is auto-closing again Smile !
(2023-08-30, 20:42)ChocOranger Wrote: [ -> ]
(2023-08-30, 16:59)RyFeR Wrote: [ -> ]
Accept the Install

OSD will now auto close.
I use android on the shield as well, however I forgot you need the skin info service - it's been a while since I set it up. 

In the skin settings go to the 'Manage Dependencies' section. 

this worked for one day then skin.info gets deactivated because of an error.
https://paste.kodi.tv/sayonexega
I just tried using Amber skin on the new Kodi version 21 beta.

It works fine except for favorites no longer work.

On the default Kodi skin it works fine but does not in the Amber skin.

Thank you for your awesome work on this skin.

Bryan
(2023-11-02, 14:39)bryang Wrote: [ -> ]It works fine except for favorites no longer work.

It does this with other skins as well (after updating to Nexus). They changed how Favorites work within Kodi if I recall - there is a post somewhere.

Just go into the Options where you set up the menus, and then update the path for the Favorites menu, and it will work again.
My OSD only shows for half a second and disappears immediately, no matter how I set it in Settings > Full Screen/OSD.
I have tried with script.skin.info.service enabled ("Use mouse friendly...") and disabled.

When I push LEFT or RIGHT during playback to jump +/- 10s the OSD pops up for like 100ms and disappears.
Any workaround?
Will this get updated for Omega?
I hope this gets updated for Omega.. We've used Amber for years and years - to us, Amber is Kodi. Looking forward to moving to Omega for the improved audio pass through options, but we're not moving until Amber is ready Smile
The main skin maintainer hasn't logged in for over 5 months.
I wouldn't expect any quick fixes.
Installed it on the latest nightly (so after Omega beta 2)...

It will not install by default but after changing the following in addon.xml (in the Amber zip file):

<import addon="xbmc.gui" version="5.15.0"/>
to
<import addon="xbmc.gui" version="5.17.0"/>

it installed and I could use it. Not sure yet if it's stable and of course new functions are not implemented.
(2024-01-10, 20:01)RyFeR Wrote: [ -> ]Installed it on the latest nightly (so after Omega beta 2)...

It will not install by default but after changing the following in addon.xml (in the Amber zip file):

<import addon="xbmc.gui" version="5.15.0"/>
to
<import addon="xbmc.gui" version="5.17.0"/>

it installed and I could use it. Not sure yet if it's stable and of course new functions are not implemented.
Yeah, it works but there's the lingering question if this is going to be unsupported from now on. I need to transition away from Transparency! (whose lack of a maintainer is one of the biggest questions I have, considering its quality) but I don't want to transition to a skin that's unsupported.