Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: "iPlayer WWW" add-on
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2017-11-10, 16:34)plinkyplonky Wrote: [ -> ]Is this addon working OK on the rpi using libreelec? Haven't run the addon for a while but I just get a blank screen and no errors in the log. Works fine on an Intel NUC with libreelec. I removed /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.iplayerwww but still the same problem.

I run it daily on a Slice box which is basically an RPi3 in a fancy case. There are no issues specific to LE, and if there were I'd get them resolved quickly.
(2017-11-10, 16:59)chewitt Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-11-10, 16:34)plinkyplonky Wrote: [ -> ]Is this addon working OK on the rpi using libreelec? Haven't run the addon for a while but I just get a blank screen and no errors in the log. Works fine on an Intel NUC with libreelec. I removed /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.iplayerwww but still the same problem.

I run it daily on a Slice box which is basically an RPi3 in a fancy case. There are no issues specific to LE, and if there were I'd get them resolved quickly. 

Same here, l run a Slice as well, all working fine thanks to all involved. :-)
​​​​​​​Kevin.
I wiped my complete .kodi directory and started again, iplayer-www then worked OK.
Something has broken with Channel Highlights. When I select any channel I just get the spinning circle. This doesn't end, so effectively it hangs Kodi, and I need to then reboot. While doing it with debug logging on, I can see one CPU is at 100%, so something is looping. I'm not seeing any errors in the logfile, and this has been happening for a week or so (I meant to report it earlier), so they've changed something again that's broken this bit of the plugin...
(2017-11-26, 11:46)renzz Wrote: [ -> ]Something has broken with Channel Highlights. When I select any channel I just get the spinning circle. This doesn't end, so effectively it hangs Kodi, and I need to then reboot. While doing it with debug logging on, I can see one CPU is at 100%, so something is looping. I'm not seeing any errors in the logfile, and this has been happening for a week or so (I meant to report it earlier), so they've changed something again that's broken this bit of the plugin...
Thanks for reporting this, it looks like they changed Channel Highlights to a new design more like the main highlights. I assume this breaks some regexp which does not return. I will take a closer look tomorrow and get back.
(2017-11-26, 19:38)CaptainT Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-11-26, 11:46)renzz Wrote: [ -> ]Something has broken with Channel Highlights. When I select any channel I just get the spinning circle. This doesn't end, so effectively it hangs Kodi, and I need to then reboot. While doing it with debug logging on, I can see one CPU is at 100%, so something is looping. I'm not seeing any errors in the logfile, and this has been happening for a week or so (I meant to report it earlier), so they've changed something again that's broken this bit of the plugin...
Thanks for reporting this, it looks like they changed Channel Highlights to a new design more like the main highlights. I assume this breaks some regexp which does not return. I will take a closer look tomorrow and get back.  
Looks can be deceiving. They changed something, but I have no idea what it was. It broke the initial regexp which breaks down the HTML code of Channel Highlights into individual links. I fixed this and updates are on their way to the official repo. Thanks again for reporting this problem.
(2017-11-26, 19:38)CaptainT Wrote: [ -> ]Looks can be deceiving. They changed something, but I have no idea what it was. It broke the initial regexp which breaks down the HTML code of Channel Highlights into individual links. I fixed this and updates are on their way to the official repo. Thanks again for reporting this problem.
Thanks for fixing it so quickly - all working ok here now.
Just wondering if anyone else was having issues with highlights again?  Also wanted to know if was suggested to use Dash settings now, or is that still causing issues?
(2017-12-21, 21:45)Cangeoboy Wrote: [ -> ]Just wondering if anyone else was having issues with highlights again?  Also wanted to know if was suggested to use Dash settings now, or is that still causing issues?
 Highlights seem to be working fine here. What kind of issues are you seeing?

Based on past experience, they typically break something on Christmas Day just to make everyone upset. Hope they spare us this year.
(2017-12-22, 09:35)CaptainT Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-12-21, 21:45)Cangeoboy Wrote: [ -> ]Just wondering if anyone else was having issues with highlights again?  Also wanted to know if was suggested to use Dash settings now, or is that still causing issues?
 Highlights seem to be working fine here. What kind of issues are you seeing?

Based on past experience, they typically break something on Christmas Day just to make everyone upset. Hope they spare us this year.

Sorry wasn’t highlights, should have said most popular.

Thanks
(2017-12-22, 15:01)Cangeoboy Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry wasn’t highlights, should have said most popular.

Thanks for the clarification and reporting. Most Popular was indeed broken, so was some part of Highlights (related to Most Popular). Updates are on their way to the official repo to fix these issues.
Hi Guys - I am running IPlayerWWW on two Android Devices, one works the other doesn't.
The Android  Version 5.1.1 comes up with the error " Cookie load Failed" , this occurs with both Kodi and SPMC.
the other Android version works just fine with the same configuration.
Any ideas please.
When exactly does this happen? When launching the add-on? When starting a programme?

Are there any additional errors or warnings in kodi.log?
Hi there, thank's for reply. last evening out of frustration, I decided to uninstall Kodi, and reinstall from Play store. Hallelujah, you guessed it - problem solved, all working fine. So did the same for SPMC and that's buzzing too.
How ,where , and why the problem developed is pure speculation.
I should perhaps add, it was only IPlayerWWW that was affected, all other addons worked fine.
The add-on stores cookies in a file in the user folder. If that file got corrupted or problems with file access rights arise, this might lead to errors you experienced. This is just a guess, though.